Questions I need to know is, one:
他们扣押下我们的船的概率有多高?
What are the chances of them seizing the ship,
逮捕我的概率又有多高?
and what are the chances of them arresting me, today?
我们被传唤上法庭,
– We were summoned to the courthouse,
我们见到了律师米尔顿,
where we met with Milton, our lawyer,
试图找到出路.
to figure out our options and try and find a way out of this.
– 为何大家都不管Varadero号♥,
– How come everybody’s ignoring that the Varadero,
其一,他们违反了危地马拉的法律和哥斯达黎加的法律,
one: Violated Guatemalan law, Costa Rican law,
其二,他们还违反了国际法,而且我们有证据证明这一点.
and international law, and we have the evidence on that.
他们不能单单割下并带走鲨鱼鳍,
They cannot take sharks for fins alone,
不能在危地马拉海域捕鱼,
they cannot fish in Guatemalan waters,
不能在哥斯达黎加外海域捕鱼
they cannot fish outside of Costa Rica
他们没有许可证,是非法的!
without a permit. That’s illegal!
每个人都不关心这些.
Everybody’s ignoring that.
保罗以前就遇到过这事,
Paul’s been in this situation before,
他很清楚如果我们不反击,就有大♥麻♥烦了.
and he knows we’re in big trouble if we don’t fight back.
事实是,如果我们是在任何中美洲国家
– Well, the fact is, if we were in any Central American country
而不是哥斯达黎加,就不会沦落至此.
other than Costa Rica, we wouldn’t even try this.
还有一件事,如果他们要审判我们,是在彭塔雷纳斯吗?
One other thing: If they have a trial, is it in Puntarenas;
如果是,那是陪审团还是法官?
and if they have a trial, is it a jury or a judge?
-是三名法官。-三名法官?
– Three judges. – Three judges?
– 是的。-是在彭塔雷纳斯吗?
– Yes – Is it in Puntarenas?
噢天啊,那完了.
Oh, geez, you don’t have a chance there.
但我惊讶地发现哥斯达黎加司法体系
But I find it amazing that the Costa Rican judicial system
对我们很恶毒
is coming at us so viciously
而且是在维护非法捕鱼的情况下
when what they’re defending is an illegal fishing operation.
还有,当你看到
And, of course, when you see
有多少延绳钓渔船在捕鱼
the number of long-liners that are operating,
包括中国台♥湾♥的延绳钓渔船都在哥斯达黎加捕鱼,你就会知道;
including Taiwanese long-liners operating in Costa Rica;
彭塔雷纳斯司法系统,
and the judicial system in Puntarenas,
肯定对非法捕鱼没有兴趣,
they are certainly not interested in anything to do with illegal fishing,
但它们似乎下定决心阻止任何人
but they seem to be very determined to stop anybody
去干涉非法捕捞活动.
who’s going to interfere with illegal fishing.
然后我们遇到了了威廉,
Then I met William,
一个保护主义者,他相信当局
a conservationist who believed that the authorities
被台♥湾♥黑帮收买♥♥了,
were being paid out by the Taiwanese Mafia,
该团伙在哥斯达黎加开展鲨鱼捕捞业务.
who ran the shark-fishing business in Costa Rica.
在哥斯达黎加割鱼翅是非法的,
Finning sharks is illegal in Costa Rica,
但哥斯达黎加的大量鱼翅还是
but huge shipments of Costa Rican fins
运往全亚洲
were turning up all over Asia
没人知道怎么回事
and no one knew how.
威廉认为那些台♥湾♥人
William believed that the Taiwanese
有私人码头
had private docks
在那里,没有人知道他们在割鱼翅.
where no one would know if they were finning sharks.
我想知道威廉是对是错,
I needed to know if William was right,
如果他们真的在割鱼翅
if they were really finning sharks.
所以我们逃离了软禁,伪装进城.
So we broke house arrest and went undercover into town.
拍摄鲨鱼这么长时间,我们从没这样害怕过.
In all our time filming sharks, we’ve never been so scared.
那儿有一整条街围绕鲨鱼作业
There was a whole street of shark-fishing operations
在偏僻的海湾旁,
Along a secluded bay,
都有私人码头.
all with private docks.
这些作坊处理、打包和分销的鱼翅
These plants process, pack and distribute shark fins
大多来自哥斯达黎加和厄瓜多尔.
coming mostly from Costa Rica and Ecuador.
他们正在屋顶上晒鱼翅,
They dry the fins on the roof,
在水泥墙后面,这样就没人看得见.
behind huge cement walls, so no one can see them.
几乎所有的鱼翅都被运往亚洲,
Virtually all of the fins are shipped to Asia,
从哥斯达黎加运出
making it out of Costa Rica
而不被发现.
without being noticed.
鱼翅取自十多种不同种类的鲨鱼.
This operation had fins from nearly a dozen different species of sharks.
数百万美元的鱼翅和别的十几种非法产业
There were millions of dollars in fins and dozens of illegal operations
当局一定是知道的,
that the authorities must have known about,
只是都被亚洲大集团收买♥♥了.
all controlled by big business in Asia.
鱼翅给哥斯达黎加带来数百万美元的收益
The fins were bringing Costa Rica millions of dollars
而我们正在试图阻止这一切.
and we were trying to stop it.
现在我知道我们为什么被逮捕了
Now I knew why we were being arrested
而且我们有大♥麻♥烦了.
and I knew we were in serious trouble.
我们都是人,大家都一样
出生,然后死亡
然后上天堂或是下地狱
我们都是有一样的
你是西方人,我是东方人
只不过是文化与你不同
我简直不敢相信鱼翅贸易有多庞大,
I couldn’t believe how big the shark-fin trade was,
尤其是在一个依靠生态旅游业的国家.
especially in a country that depends on ecotourism.
在另一个鱼翅作坊,我发现一辆拖车
At another fin operation, I found a trailer
就在一建筑旁,我爬到上面
sitting next to the building and climbed on top
去拍晒在太阳下的鱼翅
to film the fins in broad daylight.
那至少有一万片鱼翅
There were at least 10,000 fins
晒在屋顶上,然后工人跑出来,
drying on the roof, and the employees ran out,
试图阻止我拍摄这些鱼翅.
trying to push the fins out of sight of my camera.
然后他们向我们冲过来,
Then they stormed out of the building and headed straight for us,
我们立即跳上威廉的车逃走了.
so we jumped into William’s car and took off.
腐♥败♥真实存在;
The corruption was real;
我们发现了哥斯达黎加巨大的非法鱼翅产业
we’d uncovered a huge illegal-fin industry in Costa Rica
被当局忽视了的产业.
that the authorities ignored.
台♥湾♥赠给蓬塔雷纳斯
Taiwan donated millions of dollars
数百万美元修建主要的公路,
to Puntarenas – building major highways,
桥梁和建筑 – 他们不希望有任何干扰.
bridges and buildings – and they didn’t want any interference.
每年有1亿条鲨鱼被杀
One hundred million sharks are killed each year
支撑着10亿美元的鲨鱼翅业
to support a billion-dollar shark-fin industry
哥斯达黎加从中获利.
that Costa Rica was profiting from.
我知道我们有大♥麻♥烦了.
I knew we were in serious trouble.
我们能离开哥斯达黎加就算幸运了.
We’d be lucky to get out of Costa Rica.
威廉告诉我们不要回到镇上;
William told me not to go back into town;
鱼翅黑帮在找我们.
the shark-fin Mafia would be looking for me.
BGM: Nina Simone – Sinnerman
Oh Sinnerman where you gonna run to
Sinnerman where you gonna run to
where you gonna run to
All along that day
well I run to the rock
Please hide me I run to the rock…
当我们到船上后,
When we got back on the boat,
律师告诉我们海岸警卫队
we heard from our lawyer that the Coast Guard
正在来逮捕我们的路上,我们会被无限期拘留
was on their way to arrest us and we would be detained indefinitely.
我们得赶快离开, 所以我们起锚
We had to get out of there, so we pulled anchor
冲向国际水域.
and made a break for international waters.
I said rock
what’s a matter with you rock
– 他们向这方向来了。 – 多快?10节?
– I think it’s heading this way. – How fast? 10?
没过几分钟
Within minutes,
装备着机♥枪♥的海岸警卫队正在追我们,
the Coast Guard was chasing us with machine guns,
警告说不停下他们就会开火.
telling us that they will shoot if we don’t stop.
it was bleedin’ I run to the sea
it was bleedin’ I run to the sea it was bleedin’
– 我不喜欢挥着机♥枪♥要求上船的家伙
– I don’t like guys waving machine guns, demanding to come on board.
不,去布下铁丝网,这足够折腾他们了
No, just the barbed wire right now. It’ll make it difficult for them…
但我们知道不能停下来.
But we knew we couldn’t stop.
因此,我们在船的两边布上铁丝网,
So we strung barbed wire around the sides of the ship,
海岸警卫队就不能跳上船,我们可以继续行驶.
so the Coast Guard couldn’t jump on board, and kept running.
我们不会停下的.
We’re not stopping.
Please hide me Lord
Don’t you see me prayin’
Don’t you see me down here prayin’
– 如果他们有枪,告诉大家千万要小心
– Tell everybody to be very careful if those guys got guns.
如果他们开枪,他们就是犯傻.
If they shoot, they’re gonna be really stupid.
好啊,叫他们开枪啊.
Well, tell ’em to shoot.
He said go to the devil
We’re not stopping.
我们不会停下的
All on that day
So I ran to the devil
He was waitin’ I ran to the devil
He was waitin’ Ran to the devil
He was waitin’
We did everything right,
我们没做错什么
我们做了要我们做的事.
we did everything we were told to do.
他们还要怎样?
Uh, what do they want to do?
再搞一起国际事件?
Start another international incident over this?
告诉他们我们要打给律师.
Tell ’em we have to call our lawyer.
看看能否无线电联♥系♥米尔顿,告诉他我们正被他们追.
See if we can call Milton on the radio and tell him they’re chasing us.
Sinnerman you oughta be prayin’
Oughta be prayin’ Sinnerman
Oughta be prayin’
All along that day
/ cried power
Power
Power