这车还开吗?
Still going, this bus?
几个星期前我险遭逮捕,
I only narrowly escaped arrest a few weeks earlier,
但我必须得想办法进去
but I had to find a way in
并找到帮助鲨鱼的方法.
and find a way to help the sharks.
避免被捕,我一路乘公交,
Avoiding arrest and staying on public buses,
到了海岸边
I made it to the coast
进入蓬塔雷纳斯.
and entered Puntarenas.
迎接我的不是我以为的鱼翅黑帮
Instead of the shark-fin Mafia I was expecting to greet me,
而是街头的抗♥议♥活动.
there were protests in the streets.
哥斯达黎加人集♥会♥反对鲨鱼鱼翅
Costa Ricans were rallying against shark finning.
我们的案子让鲨鱼鱼翅产业黑幕
The publicity surrounding our case brought the shark-finning industry
曝光了.
into the spotlight.
拯救鲨鱼的行动没有完全失败.
We hadn’t totally failed in saving sharks.
我们唤醒了一个国家和人♥民♥.
We helped awaken a country and the people.
哥斯达黎加人被激怒了;
Costa Ricans were outraged;
他们在私人码头举♥行♥抗♥议♥
they held protests against the private docks
并反对腐♥败♥.
and spoke out against the corruption.
世界开始为鲨鱼发声了
The world had started rallying for sharks.
警方忙于处理抗♥议♥活动
The police were busy with the protest
黑帮躲起来了.
and the Mafia was in hiding.
现在我知道我可以去科科斯而不被逮捕了
Now I knew I could make it to Cocos without getting caught.
我找到朋友们,一起回到海上.
I found my friends and we headed back out to sea.
返回水下,
Returning underwater,
我终于可以再次和鲨鱼同游了,
finally I could swim with sharks again,
在地球上最后一片鲨鱼可以繁衍生息的地方.
in one of the last places on Earth where sharks thrive.
自♥由♥潜水
Free diving…
我屏住呼吸保持冷静
I hold my breath and stay calm
它们才不会害怕我.
so they’re not afraid of me.
从小开始,
Ever since I was a kid,
我就爱鲨鱼.
I’ve loved sharks.
它们让我领悟人生,
They taught me about life,
那些我臆想出来的恐惧,
and that fear was something I made up,
不是真的.
and it wasn’t real.
一开始鲨鱼就已经在这里,
Sharks have been here since the beginning,
那时海洋中只有原始生命
when there was only primitive life in the oceans
陆地大多是沙漠.
and the land was mostly desert.
它们是顶级捕食者,
They were the top predator,
从一开始就影响着动物进化.
influencing any animal to evolve since their inception.
4亿年来
Sharks have been gods
鲨鱼犹如上帝,
for 400 million years,
塑造着这个世界
shaping this world
自从陆地上有生命开始
for the entire history of life on land.
再次看到它们,
Seeing them again,
我知道,海洋犹在鲨鱼去.
I knew that they’re almost gone.
对鲨鱼的屠♥杀♥
The killing of sharks
是我们面临的最大的生态定时炸♥弹♥.
is the biggest ecological time bomb we’re going to face pretty soon.
我们要明白,鲨鱼是地球上最丰富的
We have to understand that sharks are the most abundant
体重超过100磅的顶级捕食者,
top predator on this planet, at over 100 pounds,
这就告诉你们,上苍造物总有定数.
so that tells you something. Nature created them for a reason.
现在人类只是…毫不关心
Now human beings just… they don’t care
他们杀死一亿条,两亿条。“那又怎样?”他们说。
they kill 100 million, 200 million. “So what?” You know?
活鲨鱼是祸害,死了才是好鲨鱼,
“Sharks are a nuisance, a dead shark is a good shark,
“把它们全杀了吧”。但是如果我们杀光它们,
“let’s kill ’em all. ” But if we kill ’em all,
我们就摧毁了海洋生态系统的所有食物链
we destroy all food chains of an entire marine ecosystem
还有,大部分的氧气来自海洋,
and, well, the majority of our oxygen comes from the ocean,
所以,我们应该更加小心才是.
so we should be more careful.
– 这星球上从来没有物种可以
– There is no species on this planet that has ever survived
在无视基本的生态规律的情况下生存,
by ignoring the basic laws of ecology,
而我们每天都以各种方式打破这些规律
and we’re now breaking those basic laws every day in every way,
这将意味着很快人类自己也会灭亡,
and that’s going to mean our own demise in a very short period of time,
除非我们学会与大自然和睦相处.
unless we learn to live harmoniously with the natural world.
-后代回头来看我们
– Future generations are gonna look back on us
会觉得我们是一群野蛮人,
and they’re gonna think of us as barbarians,
就像我们看待奴隶贩子一样.
the same way we think of slave traders.
他们就会因我们所做的而视我们为野蛮人,
That they’re gonna look at us as barbarians for what we’re doing,
事实是,过不了几代,
the fact that we’re burning all the fossil fuels,
能源就会耗尽,海洋不复存在,
in a few generations, that we’ve wiped out the oceans,
因为人类导致物种灭绝.
that we’ve driven species to extinction.
最坏的部分是–我们知道自己在做什么.
And worse – this is the worst part – we know what we’re doing.
科学家知道,环保人士知道,
The scientists know, the environmentalists know,
公♥司♥知道,大众也知道,
the companies know and the general public knows,
然而,我们却允许自己那么做.
and yet we’re allowing ourselves to do it.
-鲨鱼与海洋共存
– Sharks have lived in balance with the oceans
作为顶级捕食者.
as the top predator.
现在,我们才是顶级捕食者,
Now we are the top predator,
决定哪些物种可以利用
deciding which species we’ll use
哪些物种要毁灭.
and which we’ll destroy.
我不知道我们是否已经进化到
I wonder if we’ve evolved enough
能像它们一样幸存下来.
to survive as they have.
我们依赖于海洋的氧气
We depend on the oceans for oxygen;
鲨鱼控制着的海洋.
the oceans that sharks control.
如果我们失去了鲨鱼,
If we lose sharks,
我们将会失去我们呼吸所需的氧气.
we’ll disrupt the oxygen we need to breathe.
人类在地球只存在了几百万年
We’ve only been here for a few million years
在过去的100年间,
and in the last 100 years,
我们极大的影响了海洋中的物种生活.
we’ve greatly impacted life in the ocean.
但是,我们也有能力将它变得更好.
But we also have the power to change it for the better.
让哥斯达黎加人凝聚在一起的不仅仅是鲨鱼.
People in Costa Rica weren’t just rallying for sharks.
还有生命……
They were rallying for life…
和我们自己
and for us.
当你在看这段影片的时候
超过一万五千只的鲨鱼
已经被杀害
16个国家已经禁止鱼翅(截至2021.7.27,中国还没有禁止)
迫于舆♥论♥压力
帕拉加戈斯已立法禁止延绳钓鱼
哥斯达黎加还在继续抵♥制♥鱼翅