And very fat, some of them. It’s like Hal has lowered his whole…
上帝,你的脑袋真大…
Jesus, you’ve got a big noggin.
谢谢,我的新书中有一章节
Thanks for noticing. My new book has a chapter on blurting.
你可能想去看看… – 是的,我会去查看一下
You might wanna pick it up. – Yeah, I’ll check into that.
不管怎样,我的意思是 这出了什么毛病吗?
Anyway, I mean, did something go wrong here?
还是我的朋友患了神经崩溃症?
Or is my friend having a nervous breakdown?
不是,你难道没听过这样一句话吗? “美丽在第三只眼里”
No. Haven’t you ever heard the phrase “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”?
是的,那你听过这首歌♥吗? “谁放出了狗”
Yeah. Did you ever hear the song “Who Let The Dogs Out”?
不会那么糟吧 – 瞧,你到底对他做了什么,先生?
It can’t be that bad. – Look, exactly what did you do to him, man?
我改变了他的一点点感觉…
I altered his perception a little bit.
我知道,我就知道!我就知道!
I knew it. I knew it! I knew it!
你混淆了他的视线,对吗? – 不
You messed with his eyesight, right? – No.
你对他催眠了 – 不是,我只是解除了他的催眠
You hypnotized him. – No. I dehypnotized him.
他的整个生命已经被催眠了 使他整个只注意外表的东西
He’s been hypnotized his whole life, totally focused on the outside.
我帮他去看每个人内心的美丽
I helped him to see the inner beauty in everyone,
包括你认为的那些外貌丑陋的人
including people you think are not physically attractive.
他甚至不认识他们 他又怎能看到他们内心的美丽呢
How can he see their inner beauty when he doesn’t even know them?
只要你去发掘 内在的美是很容易看到的
Inner beauty’s easy to see when you’re looking for it.
但他怎么不能…感觉到他们当他…?
But how can he not feel them when he’s…?
头脑能看到他心里想要去感受的东西
The brain sees what the heart wants it to feel.
好吧,看 我们现在别说这些陈词滥调!
All right, look. Let’s just cut through the old crapcake here!
好的
OK.
先生,你…你不认为 给某人洗♥脑♥是不对的吗?
Sir, don’t you think it’s wrong to brainwash someone?
你不认为你也是在被洗♥脑♥吗?
Don’t you think you’re brainwashed?
你所认识的美丽不都是 被电视、杂♥志♥、电影程序化了吗?
Everything you know about beauty is programmed. TV, magazines, movies.
他们都告诉你什么是美什么不是 这又有什么区别呢?
They’re all telling you what’s beautiful and what isn’t. How’s this any different?
瞧,我来这里不是来和你争论的! 我只是想要回我的朋友!
Look, I didn’t come here to debate you! I just want my friend back!
现在,有没有一个字或一句话或什么 能把他的晦气赶走?!
Now, isn’t there some kind of word or phrase or something to take the whammy off him?!
当然,但如果我们那么做 他就又会重新从外表去评价一个人了
Of course. But if we do that, he’ll go back to judging everybody by the outside.
他真的想要那样吗? – 我不在乎他想要什么!
Is this what he really wants? – I don’t care what he wants!
这是我想要的! 我想要回我的朋友!
It’s what I want! I want my friend back!
我要走了,我要赶飞机 我真的很抱歉
I gotta go. I gotta catch my plane. I’m really sorry.
瞧,一个人的名誉、尊严和才能 都将变成垃圾!
Look, a man’s reputation, dignity and furniture are being trashed here!
也许不可挽回! 看在上帝的份上,他的工作正面临着危险!
Perhaps irreparably! For God’s sakes, his job is in jeopardy!
他的工作?真的? – 是的,一份非常重要的工作
His job? Really? – Yes. And it’s a greatjob.
我只是想给他一份礼物 我不是想带给他伤害
I just wanted to give him a gift. I didn’t want him to get hurt.
你看上去比我更了解他,嗯…
You seem to know him better than I do, so…
非常遗憾我这样做了 – 哦,这真是一场悲剧
It’s a shame to let it go. – Oh, it’s a tragedy.
那么,你要和我说什么?
So, what did you wanna talk to me about?
拉尔夫给我打了电♥话♥ – 你以前的男朋友拉尔夫?
Ralph called me. – Your old boyfriend Ralph?
是的,他现在还是我在塞拉利昂的上司
Well, he was also my division leader in Sierra Leone.
不管怎样,他在十天内要坐船去基里巴斯 他要我和他的队伍一起走
Anyway, he’s shipping out to Carabas in ten days and he wants me to go with his group.
什么?你和拉尔夫?基里巴斯?
What? You and Ralph? Carabas?
他们正处在经济萧条中
They’re in the middle of this economic meltdown.
十万女人和孩子需要药品和食品补助 他们需要我的帮助
100,000 women and children need medical supplies and food, and they want me to help.
你怎么能这么自私?
How can you be so selfish?
对不起?
Sorry?
我想,你知道我所说的 星期五你遇到了美男子拉尔夫
I mean, you know what I’m sayin’. You bump into pretty-boy Ralph on Friday,
火花闪现 现在你又准备去基里巴斯去拯救世界?
the sparks are flying, and now you’re gonna go and save the world in Carabas?
我和拉尔夫之间没有什么 – 是的,对呀
This has nothing to do with me and Ralph. – Yeah, right.
他明显对你很疯狂
He’s obviously crazy about you.
他有一颗圣洁的心
He’s got the heart of a saint.
我简直就能看见他头上的光环 我竞争不过他
I could practically see the halo around his head. I can’t compete with that.
首先,你可能是自♥由♥世界里唯一一个
OK, first of all, you’re probably the only person in the Free World
说拉尔夫是个“美男子”
to ever refer to Ralph as a “pretty-boy.”
其次,他头上的光环 我们把它称为“银屑藓”
Secondly, that halo around his head, it’s called psoriasis.
你不可能站在三英尺内还两眼昏花吧
You can’t stand within three feet without getting flaked on.
第三,和第四,是的 他是个好人,还有他也很关心我
And thirdly, and fourthly, yes, he’s a great guy and he cares about me,
但他没有一点幽默感
but he had no sense of humor.
而且我爱上了更好的男孩
And I’m in love with an even greater guy.
好吧,那我对这件事 还有什么可说的呢?
Well, then how come I don’t have any say in this thing?
是的,这就是为什么…
You do. That’s why…
老天,你还好吗?
God, are you OK?
哦,我的天,我非常抱歉 – 你当然得抱歉!这简直就是侮辱!
Oh, my God. I am so sorry. – You should be sorry! This is an outrage!
我需要帮助 – 你好吗,亲爱的?
I’ll go get help. – Are you OK, sweetie?
非常感谢你
Thank you very much.
我非常难堪 – 不要这样
I’m so embarrassed. – Don’t be.
这个四星级饭店真♥他♥妈♥烂
It’s this flimsy-ass four-star restaurant.
就坐这别动 我要跟他们经理谈谈,好吗?
Just sit right here. I’m gonna go talk to the manager, OK?
我马上就回来
I’ll be right back.
晚上好,谢谢你
Good night. Thank you.
我不是要指责你们,但是我需要一张椅子 我的女朋友一碰到你们的椅子就倒霉透了
I’m not blaming you, but I need a chair. My girlfriend’s jinxed when it comes to furniture.
我非常的抱歉 招待告诉了我发生的事
I’m so sorry. The waiter told me what happened.
(电♥话♥铃) – 请稍等,麦金托什餐馆
Just a sec. Mclntosh’s.
(手♥机♥铃)
喂?
Hello?
(摩里西奥) 庸人哈尔想要一个女孩 – 什么?
Shallow Hal wants a gal, – What?
庸人哈尔想要一个女孩
Shallow Hal wants a gal.
你到底在说什么? – 我刚才拯救了你,亲爱的
What the hell are you talking about? – I just saved your life, baby.
什么? – 我已经找你一整天了
What? – I’ve been looking for you all day.
我和罗斯玛丽在麦金托什餐馆 我遇到了一点…
I’m at Mclntosh’s with Rosemary. Look, I got kind of a…
你正看着她吗? – 不,我正和女主管说话呢
Are you looking right at her? – No, I’m talking to the hostess.
哈尔,不要!哈尔…
Hal, don’t! Hal…
你瞧,我这出了点状况,我呆会再给你打电♥话♥ – 看别处!
Look, I got a situation here. I’ll call you later. – Look away!
我刚才和这里的女主管说话 – 是的,就是我
I was just talking to the hostess. – Right. That would be me.
不,不,是另一个
No, no. It was the other hostess.
先生,我是这里唯一的女主管
Sir, I’m the only hostess in the restaurant.
为坐椅的事,我们向您道歉
Let me apologize about the booth. We are so sorry.
我们已经换了张新的椅子,很结实的。 您的餐费也免了
We’ve replaced your date’s side with a new chair, a strong one, and the meal’s on us.
哦,好的,那…谢谢你
Oh, OK. Well, thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
打搅了,你们…把我们的座位换了吗?
Excuse me. Did you move us?
没有,右边第二桌。
No. Second table on the right.
那也许你得向我解释 为什么那个胖女人
Well, then maybe you can explain to me why that robust woman
在吃我女朋友的…
is eating my girlfriend’s din…
嗨!现在她在吃我的牡蛎了!
Hey! Now she’s eating my clams casino!
孩子,你没事吧?
Sweetie, are you OK?
(电♥话♥) – 抱歉
Excuse me.
麦金托什餐馆的Tiffany
Mclntosh’s. Tiffany.
嗯,好的
OK.
我们是朋友,出去走走
We’re two friends walking. We’re just walking.
罗宾斯证实了我的猜想
And then Robbins confirmed exactly what I thought.
什么? – 你对女孩并没有不可抗拒的魅力
Which is? – You weren’t irresistible to women.
他催眠了你,从那以后,你碰到的丑女
He hypnotized you so that really ugly girls that you met from then on
对你而言,看起来就像是超级模特 – 什么?
would, to you, look like supermodels. – What?
只要她们有内在美或一些花言巧语 因为你突然想要这些不受欢迎的人
If they had inner beauty or some baloney. You could get any woman you desired
所以你才得到了你想要的女人
because you were suddenly desiring the undesirable.
你明白了? – 没有,没有完全明白。
You get it? – No, not exactly.
让我这样给你解释。 就像是他给你外面的眼睛做了一个激光手术
Let me put it this way. It’s like he gave you beer-goggle laser surgery.
等一下,你是说
Now wait a second. So what you’re saying
我最近遇到的女孩实际上都不漂亮?
is that all the pretty girls I’ve met lately are not really pretty?
对了,让我们看实情吧
All right. Let’s look at the facts.
她们都很风趣,时髦和美丽
They were funny, smart and nice.
漂亮女孩都并不风趣! 而且她们当然也不会对我们和气…
Pretty girls are not funny! And they’re certainly not nice. Not to us.
当我发现罗宾斯所做的 我说服他解除你的催眠。
When I found out what Robbins was doing, I convinced him to take the trance away.
我一说“庸人哈尔想要个女孩” 你就恢复了
When I said “Shallow Hal wants a gal,” you were cured.
你在发疯。你知道吗? 我要回餐厅去了。
You’re out of your mind. Do you know that? I’m going back to the restaurant.
哈尔 哈尔,得了 – 嗨,哈尔!
Hal. Hal, come on. – Hey, Hal!
你从没打电♥话♥给我 你怎么啦?
You never called me back. What happened to you?
抱歉? – 哦
Excuse me? – Oh.
我把头发给弄到后面去了
I’ve got my hair back.
是我——Katrina
It’s me – Katrina.
我们共享过一辆出租车呢
We shared the cab together.
我来这里照顾我生病的奶奶,还有…
I’m in town taking care of my grandma, Cos she’s been sick, and…
噢,等等!我记起来了!
Oh, wait a minute! I get it!
干得好,摩里西奥 你从哪里找来这个人?
Nice try, Mauricio. Where’d you find this one?
不,是我——Katrina
No, it’s me – Katrina.
从波士顿来的,…神奇的水果?
From Boston. The magical fruit?
是,我记起来了 Katrina,但是,你不是Ka…
Yes, I remember Katrina. But the thing is, you’re not Ka…
我从没和你说起过K…
I never told you about K…
Katrina!你好吗?我的甜心
Katrina! How the heck are ya? Give me some sugar.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!