It was really nice to meet you guys. Do you mind if I take a little sliver?
很好
Beauty.
你要碟子?
Do you want a plate?
我知道你们会想, 她把蛋糕放哪里呢,对吗?
I know what you’re thinking. Where does she put it, right?
谢谢你们的蛋糕 其实你们不必这么客气的。
You guys, thanks for the cake. You didn’t have to do this.
至少我们看到了你是如何刻苦工作
The least we could do, seeing as how you worked so hard
成为公♥司♥不可缺少的人物的
to become “indispensable” to the company.
这就是新潮的东西,挖苦吗?
Is that that new thing called sarcasm?
哈尔,我们知道你很有心机 这也是你迷人的地方
Hal, we all know you’re about as deep as a puddle. That used to be part of your charm.
但是这次是赤♥裸♥裸的 – 你们在说什么?
But this just flat-out sucks. – What are you talking about?
如果你还有一点点良知 你得立刻和她解除关系
If you have one ounce of integrity left, you’ll break it off immediately,
以免你伤害这个可怜的女孩
before you hurt the poor girl.
我想在你主动出击 约会女孩子前给你一点信心
I gotta give you credit for being more proactive and starting to meet women.
谁知道,也许你现在脑袋发昏呢
Who knows? Maybe you are on a roll here,
但是你是否该把标准提高一些?
but don’t you think it’s time to raise the bar a little?
我的意思是,一开始,我还以为 你只是因为情绪比较低落,知道吗?
I mean, at first I thought you were in a slump, you know?
作为一个朋友,我可以理解 你约会几个胖女人
I could, as a friend, look the other way while you banged a few fatties
然后就把她甩了 毕竟外面还有许多的漂亮姑娘哦
and got it out of your system, but there’s lots of good fish out there.
你不要在一棵树上吊死
You don’t have to snack on carp anymore.
我想我们几个星期前 在城里一起玩的女孩都不错呀!
I suppose the girls we partied with a couple weeks ago downtown were a couple of carp?
不,Laura,那个长胡须的 看起来像鲶鱼
No. Laura, the one with the whiskers, she looked more like a catfish.
哦,那Marie如何?
Oh, I see. And what about Marie?
她的脖子再短一点的话,还差不多。
Pop some bolts on her neck and the villagers’ll be chasing her.
还有Vicki呢? – 谁?
And Vicki? – Who?
Vicki! – Vicki是谁?
Vicki! – Who’s Vicki?
Vicki,Vicki,留棕色短发的那个
Vicki Vicki. With the short brown hair.
Vicki?我以为她是个小子呢 我都叫她Vic!
Vicki? I thought that was a guy. I was calling her Vic!
噢!
天呀,你真是发疯了! – 我知道现在我有点激动
You’re out of your mind! – I know I’m being a little harsh on you here.
我想真正的朋友应该是相互坦诚的
I think real friends are obligated to be honest with each other.
就像现在你约会的那个 – 天呀
And this one that you’re dating now -jeez.
小心点说话
Careful.
哎,我说的是,天啦, 她连脚踝都没有
Hey, all I’m saying is she’s got cankles, for God’s sake.
什么? – Cankles!她没有脚踝。
What? – Cankles! She’s got no ankles.
就像一头小牛装上脚,去掉中间的
It’s like the calf merged with the foot, cut out the middleman.
我知道cankles是什么 罗斯玛丽不是那样的
I know what cankles are. Rosemary doesn’t have ’em.
你明白什么? 我知道你在这里干吗?
You know what? I know what you’re doing here.
你害怕 – 害怕?
You’re scared. – Scared?
是的,就像你对那个 有奇怪脚趾的美女那样的
Yup. This is exactly what you did with the knockout with the weird toe.
你编出种种理由甩了那个女孩 因为你自己有点害怕
You’re just inventing reasons to dump girls cos you’re afraid.
好,好,我承认罗斯玛丽有点另类
All right, look, I admit Rosemary is kind of cool.
但是你也不会整天 把这只大怪物挂在嘴边
But you wouldn’t even be talking to that woolly mammoth
如果她老爹不是你们公♥司♥的总裁
if her father wasn’t the president of your company.
什么呀?
What?
我敢保证你从没有碰到过向他一样的人 你会喜欢她的
I guarantee you’ve never met anyone like this guy. You’re gonna love him.
太好了 他的女朋友是什么样子? – 我不知道 我也没见过
Great. What’s his girlfriend like? – I don’t know. I haven’t met her.
他们才开始交往 噢,他在那儿
They just started going out. Oh, there he is.
Walt!
Walt!
我来也!
At your cervix!
黑,你还记得这条短裤吗?
Hey, you recognize these panties?
罗斯玛丽,别盗用我的名言
Rosemary, don’t steal my lines.
你们认识? – 是的!
You two know each other? – Yeah!
唉,Walt在医院做了好些年的志愿者
Gosh, Walt’s been volunteering down at the hospital for years.
原来如此
那么什么女孩在哪里?
So where’s this mystery girl?
她一会儿就到
She should be here any minute.
嗨,uh…
Hey…
你说实话说”嗨,看着我”过时了吗?
I want you to be honest. Is this outfit too “Hey, look at me”?
不,不 这… 这很难说
No, no. It’s very subtle.
很抱歉,我来晚了
Tanya
– Sorry I’m late. – Tanya.
哦 太令人惊奇了
Oh. What a surprise.
(# “Summer Days” by Phoenix)
# 我整个夏天都在开车
# I’ve spent all summer days drivin’
#我厌倦了被毁掉的假期
# I’m tired of holidays ruined
#不要再吃外卖♥♥,过期食品…
# No more takeaways, expired food…
我去买♥♥张地图 – 我和你一起去
I gotta get a map. – I’m going with you.
那些是干什么用的?
What are those for?
你可能从来没有用手在加油站走过吧?
You ever walked through a truck-stop men’s room on your hands?
要不要点其他东西? – 薯片,加点蘸酱
Want anything? – Potato chips. And dip.
别玩了
Cut it out.
Tanya,真没想到你会和Walt走在一起
So, Tanya, I had no idea that you and Walt were, you know, seeing each other.
是啊,你有火吗?
Yeah. You got a light?
听起来这是个有趣的故事 Walt追求我很长时间了
It’s actually a very funny story. Because he had been asking me out for a really long time
我总是在尽量的回避他
and I was always kind of unavailable.
最后,当他正想要放弃的时候, 我和男朋友吹了,他还是一个人
And then just when he had given up, I broke up with my boyfriend, and there he was.
于是我约他出来了
So I asked him out.
那么他渐渐赢得了你的喜爱,嗯?
So he kind of grew on you, huh?
确实是,我的意思是,你得承认
Exactly. I mean, you gotta admit,
当你乍一看见他时 你会觉得很不协调
when you first meet him, it is kind ofjarring.
我的意思是 你甚至有点不知道以后会怎样
I mean, you kinda don’t even know what goes where.
但是,不管怎样,时机是最好不过了
But, anyway, the timing couldn’t have been more perfect,
因为他刚刚卖♥♥了他的公♥司♥ 所以他现在有的是时间
because he had just sold his company, and he has all this time on his hands,
我们可以计划一些事情
and we can plan things
旅游,逛街还有…
and travel and go shopping and…
是啊,机缘就是一切
Well, I guess timing’s everything.
希望你喜欢豆酱
Hope you like bean dip.
(# “Countryside With You” by Randy Weeks)
# 我已经把所有的脸都捡起来了
# I’d already picked up all the faces
# 而我,我想带你去所有的地方
# And I, I wanna show you all the places
# 而我,我想去兜风
# And I, I wanna take a little ride
#想和你一起去郊游
# Wanna take a little ride, countryside with you
好啊,这才是我的宝贝
Yeah! That was my girl.
哦,我的天啊,我是最卑微的人
Oh, my God. I’m the biggest nerd.
罗斯玛丽! – 拉尔夫!
Rosemary! – Ralph!
嗨!
Hi.
你还记得 Li’iBoy?
You remember Li’iBoy?
Li’iBoy 是的,你好吗?
Li’iBoy. Yeah. How are you?
Mahalo,罗斯玛丽 – 你好吗?
Mahalo, Rosemary. – How you doing?
很好 – 呜哇
Great. – Wow.
他们仍然让你去塞拉利昂? – 不,不,现在他们就让我在我家附近
They still got you out in Sierra Leone? – No, no. Now they got me nearer my home.
我在南太平洋一个叫基里巴斯的岛上
I’m on this island in the South Pacific called Carabas.
我是哈尔 – 哦,对不起,这是哈尔
I’m Hal. – Oh, I’m sorry. Hal.
他们是我在和平团的兄弟们这是 拉尔夫·欧文斯 和 Li’iBoy,这是哈尔·拉森
These are my Peace Corps buddies. This is Ralph Owens and Li’iBoy. This is Hal Larson.
你好吗? – (哈尔) Li’iBoy
What’s up? – Li’iBoy.
那么,你们在这干吗?
So, what are you guys doing up here?
Li’iBoy已经呆在政♥府♥机关受训了30天
Li’iBoy’s been stuck in the office training for 30 days,
所以我偷偷拖他出来到这轻松一下
so I dragged him here and threw him on the slopes.
这不太好的
It wasn’t pretty.
我知道这个夏威夷家伙 在高中时曾想加入曲棍球队
I knew this Hawaiian guy in high school who went out for the hockey team.
真♥他♥妈♥的有趣
It was funny as shit.
不管怎样…非常高兴再次见到你
Anyway, it’s great to see you again.
你看上去…很开心
You look happy.
谢谢,的确是
Thanks. I am.
好吧,我们开车回去还有很长一段路 所以…
Well, we got a long drive back, so…
再见 – 再见
Bye. – Bye.
很高兴见到你
Good to meet ya.
你还好吗? – 嗯-哼
You OK? – Uh-huh.
这只是… 你还记得我对你说过我曾经有一个男朋友吗?
It’s just that… Do you remember how I told you that once I had a boyfriend?
就是他
That was him.
不用客气
You’re welcome.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
打扰一下,罗宾斯先生 我能和你说会话吗,先生?
Excuse me, Mr Robbins. Could I have a word with you, sir?
当然,但我还要赶飞机 – 只要几分钟时间
Sure, but I gotta catch a plane. – It’ll only take a minute.
几个星期以前,你和我的一个朋友 被困在了一个电梯里
A few weeks ago, you got trapped in an elevator with a friend of mine.
哈尔!他是个好人。他在交友关系上 遇到了点麻烦。他现在怎样?
Hal! He was a great guy. He was having trouble with his relationships. How is he?
是的,那正是要讨论的问题 – 真的?
Well, that’s a matter of debate. – Really?
总之,表面上看 你给了他一番鼓舞士气的谈话
Anyway, apparently, you gave him, like, a pep talk,
而且现在他正深受影响 因为他能得到他想要的女人
and now he’s under the impression that he can get any woman he wants.
那么你认为他不能吗? – 我不知道,但无论怎样
And you don’t think he can? – I don’t know. Whatever.
瞧,关键是…最后他想要的女人… 却都是那么的丑陋
But, see, the point is, lately the only women he wants are ugly.
谁说他们丑陋?
Bausch & Lomb
– Who says they’re ugly? – Bausch & Lomb.
而且有些人还非常胖 看上去似乎是哈尔已经降低了他整个…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!