,,,the second and final dance of this competition, the quickstep!
(drum and trumpet intro)
– 嘿 今晚你女儿来这儿? – 不 为什么?
– Hey, is your daughter here tonight? – No, Why?
我觉得有人在叫“好样的 爸爸”
I thought I heard someone yell at you “Go, Dad,”
(quickstep starts)
好啊!
Yes!
126!
1 26!
好样的 爸爸!
Go, Dad!
跳得好 爸爸!
Way to go, Dad!
(sudden silence)
(gasps and some laughter)
– 贝弗莉! – 爸爸
– Beverly! – Dad,
– 等等 等等 等等 – 爸爸 你太棒了
– Wait a minute, Wait, wait, – Dad, you were terrific,
上车 珍 快上车
Get in the car, Jen, Just get in the car,
贝弗莉 你怎么知道的?
Beverly, how did you know?
因为我雇了侦探 是的 我以为你有了婚外恋
Because I hired a detective, Yeah, I thought you were having an affair,
– 太可笑了 我知道 好 我觉得… – 嘿 听着 真得太不幸运了
– It’s ridiculous, I know, OK, I feel,,, – Hey, listen, that was really bad luck,
别担心 明天还有机会
Don’t worry, There’s always next year,
噢 “明年还有机会” 谢谢 呃 为此我准备了足足一年
Oh, “there’s always next year,” Thanks, Well, I have a whole year to prepare for it,
– 贝弗莉 拜托 我们能谈谈… – 不 没什么好谈的
– Beverly, please, can we talk,,, – No, there’s nothing to talk about,
拜托 你愿意停下来…
Please, Will you please stay here,,,
(horn blast)
停 别
Stop, No,
– 拜托 和我谈谈吧? – 要是你想谈
– Please, will you talk to me? – If you want to talk,
你应该先解释一下我刚才看到的场景? 我看到的怎么解释?
you can start by explaining what was it that I just saw in there? What did I witness?
我没有搞婚外恋 没有…
I’m not having an affair, There was no aff,,,
怎么回事?
– What’s goin’ on? – (horn blasts)
– 走啊! – 他们是朋友
– Let’s go! – They’re new friends,
你可以这样说 对吧?你就完全不顾我
But you could’ve told me about it, couldn’t you? You just completely left me out,
为什么瞒着我呢 约翰?你回答啊
Why didn’t you tell me, John? You’ve gotta answer that,
– 我觉得很羞 – 羞什么?跳舞?
– I was ashamed, – Ashamed of what? Of dancing?
– 呃 不 不… – 呃 那羞什么?
– Well, no, no,,, – Well, then of what?
我对向往开心有点害羞
Of wanting to be happier,
当我们拥有了这么多
When we have so much,
(horn blasts)
这不是你的错
And it’s not your fault,
嘿 弗雷德·阿斯泰尔!你别堵在那儿啊!
Hey, Fred Astaire! You’re blocking traffic!
最后还是要!谢谢你啊!
Finally! Thank you!
事实上 在家犬信托基金的冲击逐渐消逝
The reading of a will can actually come as a kind of relief.
或者剧院的座位留给了园丁之后
After the initial shock wears off about that trust fund for the family dog,
诵读遗嘱可以看作一种解脱
or the opera seats left to the gardener,
至少所有的一切都公开了
there is at least the sense that everything is finally out on the table.
这个 你们一定不会相信 伙计们 路易斯 路易斯
This, you are not gonna believe this, guys, Louis, Louis,
“林克1985年就开始跳舞了
“Link started dancing in 1 985,
“舞蹈立即占据了他的热情 他开始了一周六天的舞蹈生涯
“lt soon became his passion and he started dancing six days a week,
“白天作律师 晚上跳舞
“Lawyer by day and dancer by night,
“林克燃烧了他的极限能量”
“Link really lights up the floor with all of his energy.”
知道吗?我告诉你 我了解一切 我知道林克·彼得森是个私生子
See? I told you, I knew it, I knew Link Peterson was a freaky bastard,
我觉得林奇·林克能战胜另一组选手 知道我的意思吗?
I think Linky Link might be batting for the other team, you know what I mean?
他的裤子还能更紧点吗?看看他被裹得!
(woman) Could those pants be any tighter? Look at his package!
有人有放大镜吗!
Somebody get a magnifying glass!
跳交际舞没什么不对
There is nothing wrong with ballroom dancing,
(embarrassed titters and throat-clearing)
抱歉
Sorry,
噢…
Oh,,,
(she squeaks)
操你们所有的人
Fuck you all,
足球真♥他♥妈♥的烂
And football sucks.
– 嘿 你怎么样? – 嘿
– (Link) Hey, how you doin’? – Hey,
吃惊吧
Surprise,
– 太棒了 – 是的 很美的地方
– This is gorgeous, – Yeah, it’s a pretty spot,
谢谢
Thanks,
约翰 听着 我们只想找你谈谈
John, look, we just wanted to talk to you for a minute,
是的 你不要因为我就不去上课
Yeah, I just hope that you weren’t staying away from class on account of me,
你扯坏了我的裙子 我不生你的气 真的
I’m not mad about you ripping my dress or anything, Seriously,
我是说 你总想看我的臀部
I mean, I know you always wanted to look at my ass
我觉得你选择了一个很奇怪的时候 但是我还是原谅你了 约翰
and I think you picked a pretty weird time to do it, but I forgive you, John,
– 谢谢 谢谢 – 很诚实 对吧?
– Thanks, Thank you, – Honestly, OK?
拜托 我们能向密茨小姐交待你回来了吗?
Come on, can we tell Miss Mitzi you’re coming back?
抱歉 伙计们 我不会回去了 我…我…我不跳舞了
I’m sorry, guys, I’m not coming back, It’s,,, It’s,,, I’m done with that now,
谢谢你们来这儿 真得很感激
But thanks a lot for coming out here, I really appreciate that,
约翰 看来…
John, look,,,
鲍莉娜 知道吗 她要去英格兰学舞了
Paulina, you know, she’s gonna go to England to study dance,
我们只有很少的…知道吗 很少机会为她表演了
and we’re havin’ a little, you know, going-away party for her
我们希望你能来 真的希望你能再来一趟
and we’d love for you to come, Really love it if you would come by,
她让我把这个转交给你 所以…
She gave me this to give to you, so,,,
总之 我们希望能再见到你 好吗?
Anyway, we hope that we see you there, All right?
好了 走吧
All right, come on.
– 拜 约翰 – 拜
– Bye, John, – Bye,
“希望你不会为你和博比的事儿心烦
(Paulina) “I hope you’re not upset about what happened with you and Bobbie.
“因为那晚你表现得非常好
“Because you were wonderful that night.
“我不去想为什么你当时会放弃
“I’d hate to think that what happened would make you give it all up.
“那时你是如此优雅 而又英勇…
“You looked so graceful and brave out there –
和第一次走进密茨学校的 那个人不可同日而语
a different person from the one who first walked into Miss Mitzi’s studio.
“而最后的几个月我们都有了太多的改变
“But a lot has changed for both of us over the last few months.
“去年我和我的舞伴去了黑泽
“When my partner and I went to Blackpool last year,
我们打入了决赛因此很兴奋
we were so excited to make it to the finals.
“所有人都觉得我们会赢
“Everyone was convinced that we were going to win,
我们也想证明这点
and we wanted to prove them right.
“我们成为舞伴以后就一直是恋人
“We’d been together as a couple for as long as we’d been partners.
“但我们训练的强度过大 以激励彼此 期待更好
“But we began training too hard, pushing each other, expecting too much.
“呃 我们没有赢得比赛 也没能更加亲密
“Well, we didn’t win. Not even close.
“我没有捧回奖杯 也没有带回恋人
“I came back without my trophy or my partner.
“这些日子我就一直躲在密茨的学校
“And all this time I’ve been hiding out at Miss Mitzi’s,
自责、沮丧又困窘
angry at myself, frustrated and embarrassed.
“然而为你和博比作指导 看着你们在台上多么投入
“But coaching you and Bobbie, seeing how alive you were out there,
让我意识到 我放弃了如此多
made me realize just how much I’d given up.
“现在 长假后的第一次
“And now, for the first time in a long time,
我又有了跳舞的冲动
I want to dance again.
“所以我要感谢你… 感谢你让我明白了这些
“So I need to thank you – thank you for helping me to see this.
“希望我离开前 能再见到你并同你共舞一曲
“I hope I get to see you and dance with you once more before I leave.
“鲍莉娜”
“Paulina. ”
谢谢
Thanks,
另外 我不去晚会了
By the way, I’m not going to this party,
噢 好吧
Oh, OK,
你没有放弃舞蹈 对吗?
But you’re not giving up dancing, are you?
你可以…教我跳啊
You could,,, teach me to dance,
贝弗莉 我不再跳了
Beverly, I’m not dancing anymore,
为什么 爸爸?
Why not, Dad?
为什么你不叫妈妈跳舞呢?
Why don’t you teach Mom how to dance?
我一生中最引以为豪的就是…
The one thing I am proudest of in my whole life,,,
你和我在一起能开心
is that you are happy with me,
如果我不能…要是我无法告知你 有时候我并不开心
If I couldn’t,,, if I couldn’t tell you that I was unhappy sometimes,
那是由于我不想冒险伤害我挚爱的人
it was because I didn’t want to risk hurting the one person I treasure most,
真得很抱歉
I’m so sorry,
(♪《The Book of Love》 – Peter Gabriel)
♪ The book of love
♪ Is long and boring
♪ And no one can lift the damn thing
♪ It’s full of charts
♪ And facts and figures
♪ And instructions for dancing
♪ But I…
♪ I love it when you read to me
♪ And you…
♪ You can read me anything
♪ The book of love
♪ Has music in it
♪ In fact. that’s where music comes from
♪ Some of it’s just transcendental
♪ Some of it’s just really dumb
♪ But I…
约翰 那我们就晚会再见了 好吗?
So, John, I’ll see you at the party, huh?
♪ I love it when you sing to me
♪ And you…
♪ You can sing me anything
♪ The book of love is long and boring
♪ And written very long ago
♪ It’s full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes
♪ And things we’re all too young to know
♪ But I…
♪ I love it when you give me things
♪ And you…
♪ You ought to give me wedding rings
♪ The book of love has music in it
♪ In fact. that’s where music comes from
♪ Some of it’s just transcendental…
我喜欢这套色彩 看上去很可爱
I like this palette, It looks lovely,
只是担心 虽然 这些家伙都太黑了…
I just am now worried, though, that these guys are too dark,,,
♪ But I…
♪ I love it when you sing to me