舞蹈博士每周四都会举♥行♥公开舞会
Doctor Dance has an open dance party every Thursday,
所有人都可以去 包括你
Anybody can go and practice, Even you,
舞场可以很重要 也可以一文不值 约翰
Ballroom is all or nothing, John,
我课后会拉你去一个真正的舞场
I’m draggin’ your ass out of class and onto a real dance floor,
我们下班后直接去
We’ll go straight there after work,
– 林克? – 什么?
– Link? – Yeah?
你真能看出来?
Can you really tell?
是的
Yeah,
(♪ loud up-tempo Latin beat)
开心吗?
Having fun?
– 你在这儿干什么? – 侦查
– What are you doing here? – Spying,
(piece ends)
抱歉 我们正在跳
Excuse me, we were dancing together,
哥儿们 她不想和你跳 退后
Dude, she does not wanna dance with you, Now back off,
嘿 知道吗 我…
Hey, you know, l,,,
(slower music)
林克总是和最年轻的女孩儿跳
Link always insists on dancing with the youngest girls,
我从未见过他和他的舞伴跳 并不是那么好找的
I’ve never seen him with his perfect partner, Not that those are easy to find,
你找到过吗?
Have you ever found one?
就一次 他做我的舞伴做了15年
Once, He was my dancing partner for 1 5 years,
– 我们夫妻14年 – 哇噢
– We were husband and wife for 1 4, – Wow,
是的 他是我最好的伴侣 一生中不可能会有两次
Yeah, He was my perfect partner, Doesn’t happen twice in a lifetime,
我很幸运只发生了一次
I’m lucky it even happened once,
啊!
Ah!
最后 我知道这曲子 噢 我喜欢这个曲子
At last, a song I know, Oh, I love this song,
♪ Da da-da da…
♪ Shall we still be together With our arms around each other
♪ And shall you be my new romance?
♪ On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen
♪ Shall we dance, shall we dance, shall we dance?
是电影《国王与我》 尤伯·连纳 和黛博拉·寇尔演的 还记得吗?
It’s The King and I. Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr, Do you remember that?
他们像这样拉着手… 噢 来吧 约翰 来试试
They held hands like this,,, Oh, come on, John, let’s try it,
– 不 不 不 不 我不能 不行 我不能 – 为什么?
– No, No, no, no, I can’t, No way, I can’t, – Why not?
– 噢 约翰 来吧 来啊 – 我不…不 我不想…
– Oh, John, come on, Come on, – I don’t,,, No, I don’t want to,,,
(Mitzi vocalizes)
来吧 约翰
Let go, John,
就这样 约翰
That’s it, John,
哇噢!
Whoa!
– 抱歉!我没看到 – 嗨!你怎么样?
– Sorry! I wasn’t watching, – Hi! How are you?
– 没关系 我们反正也不跳了 – 你的意思是?
– It doesn’t matter, We’re finished anyway, – What do you mean?
别再说了 我不会做你舞伴的
No offense, but I can’t be your dance partner,
– 为什么? – 你太像个疯子了
– Why? – You’re too much of a freak,
我是说 看看你的手 就像用 自助皮革洗涤剂染黄的一样
I mean, look at your palms, They’re bright orange from self-tanning lotion,
难道你用了那东西 连手也不知道洗一下吗?
Don’t you know you’re supposed to wash your hands after you use that stuff?
抱歉
Excuse me,
密茨小姐今晚不来了 所以我来做你们的老师
Miss Mitzi couldn’t make it tonight, so I’ll be your teacher,
我是鲍莉娜
I’m Paulina,
你叫…齐克 还有弗恩 还有…
And you’re,,, Chic and Vern and,,,
– 汤姆 – 是约翰 我叫约翰
– Tom, – John, It’s John,
我们今晚干什么呢?
What would you like to work on tonight?
呃 照我看来…齐克…我想 既然我们是初学者 一个好主意就是跳…
Well, in my opinion – Chic – I think since we’re beginners, a good idea would be,,,
华尔兹
Waltz,
或许华尔兹会好些
Maybe the waltz,
好吧 嗯…
OK, Um,,,
我逐一带你们跳 你先来
I’ll work with you one at a time and you can be first,
好吧 好吧
OK, All right,
– 噢 – 抱歉
– Oops, – I’m sorry,
你真的是《泰晤士日报》社的记者
So are you really a reporter for The Times,
还是跟其他人一样来此只是想接近她?
or are you just pickin’ up on her, like everybody else?
我是记者 话说回来 她也不是我喜欢的类型
I’m a reporter, Plus, she’s not my type,
我喜欢女人不是看外表 而是看是否有共同志趣
I like a woman built for comfort, not for speed,
是吗?为什么你不放下照相机带我跳一曲呢?
Really? Why don’t you put the camera down and take me out on the dance floor?
两个原因:我正在工作 你也不是我想要的舞伴
Two reasons: I’m working and this is not my type of dance,
得了吧 没试过怎么知道?
Well, how do you know if you’ve never tried?
来吧 相机放下 来吧 给我个机会吧
Come on, put the camera down, Come on, give me a shot,
噢 天哪!
Oh, dear!
抱歉 抱歉!
Sorry, sorry!
– 真抱歉 – 弄脏了
– I’m sorry, – It’s gonna stain,
别…担心 我去处理一下
Don’t,,, worry, I’ll take care of it,
– 你需要这个吗? – 抱歉?
– Would you like to use this? – Excuse me?
擦擦你的大衣 或者…
Just to wipe your coat, or,,,
来吧 拿着 拜托 来
Go ahead, just take it, Please, Go ahead,
– 真无奈 这是我最喜欢的大衣 – 真抱歉
– It’s silly, but it’s my favorite coat, – I’m sorry,
这是最好的一件
It’s vintage,
这儿是真羊皮 现在被毁掉了
But this part’s real suede, so now it’s ruined,
你确信?或许可以补一补
You sure? Maybe they can fix that,
不 我了解 这个…
No, I know about stains, It’s,,,
知道吗 我不懂 不太懂…
You know, I never understood that, I never understood –
牛活着时总是很脏啊 不会被弄脏的
Iive cows get dirty all the time, they don’t get stained,
所有的皮革都在泥泞里滚过 也没事儿啊 想想 是吧?
All that leather stands in the mud, nothing happens, Go figure, What is that?
也对
Exactly,
为大衣增添了几分色彩 瞧
Get a little sauce on your coat and look,
– 为什么呢? – 不得而知
– Why is that? – I don’t know,
下次我会问问路过的奶牛
We’ll have to ask the next cow that comes by,
带手帕的男人 哇噢 我不知道现在还有
A man with a handkerchief, Wow, I didn’t know they made those anymore,
我还没吃饭呢 如果你也没吃 或许我们可以去…稍微吃点儿
I haven’t eaten yet, If you haven’t eaten yet, maybe we can go and,,, get a bite,
就在附近吧 知道吗 我看到那边有家中餐馆
Someplace close, You know, I saw a Chinese over here,
用筷子吃饭你可能会把很多 各种各样的东西搞到衣服上
We could use chopsticks and drop an endless variety of things on our clothes,
抱歉 我一般不和学生搭上关系
I’m sorry, I prefer not to socialize with students,
噢 好吧 好啊
Oh, OK, All right,
我不能要你的东西 我会给你买♥♥张新的
I shouldn’t have taken this from you, I’ll buy you a new one,
拜托 我不…我没有那个意思啊
Please, I didn’t,,, I didn’t mean anything by that,
我会买♥♥张新的给你
I’ll buy you a new one,
抱歉
Excuse me,
克拉克先生 我对跳舞很认真的
Mr, Clark, I take dance very seriously,
密茨小姐开的是个舞蹈学校 不是迪斯科舞厅
Miss Mitzi’s is a school, not a disco,
我希望你别把我当成你上课的目标
And I hope you didn’t join class with me as your goal,
因为那是在浪费时间
because you’d be wasting your time,
要是你那样想 就别再跳了
Don’t dance if that’s what you’re after,
舞蹈班?我丈夫上舞蹈班?
Dance lessons? My husband is taking dance lessons?
呃 这些年来我发现了很多 藏在香水后面、更糟糕的东西
Well, I’ve found a lot worse hiding in the potpourri over the years,
你这个算是幸运的了
Consider yourself lucky,
这个美貌年轻女子是谁?她是谁?
What’s this beautiful young woman? Who’s she?
他的代课老师 他的正式老师是个更老的女人
His substitute teacher, His regular teacher’s a much older woman,
腿更修长 但年龄更大
Great legs, but older,
迪瓦恩先生 什么可以让一个男人 20年来都表现如一的男人
Mr, Devine, what would make a man who’s done the same thing for the last 20 years
突然变得完全与他的性格不一致了呢?
suddenly do something so completely out of character just out of the blue?
这个问题应该问神经科医生 我只是个侦探
That’s a question for a shrink, I’m just a detective,
我没把你当成个侦探 帮你当个男人在问
I’m not asking you as a detective, I’m asking you as a man,
斯科蒂?什么会让一个20年始终如一的男人
Scottie? What would cause a man after 20 years
突然间变得完全与性格不一致?
to do something completely out of character out of the blue?
– 是这个意思吗? – 是的
– Did I get that right? – Yeah,
“男人的本质能表现出极度绝望的生活状态”
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation,”
或许绝望让他不能安心
Maybe the desperation can’t be quiet anymore,

Bingo,
这是对梭罗语言的绝好运用 斯科蒂
That’s a wonderful use of Thoreau, Scottie,
谢谢 再问声好 克拉克夫人
Thank you, Hello again, Mrs, Clark,

Hey,
– 绝望 – 呃 有这个可能性
– Desperation, – Well, that’s a possibility,
克拉克夫人 关键在于你丈夫在跳舞
Mrs, Clark, the point is your husband’s dancing,
他没有去宾馆开房♥
he’s not checking into hotel rooms,
我们可以继续为你侦查
We can continue to keep an eye on things for you,
但我猜测你丈夫很快就会把他的舞鞋搁置起来
but my guess is your husband will hang up his dancing shoes shortly anyway,
– 你为什么这么讲? – 经验之谈
– What makes you say that? – Voice of experience, (chuckles)
给她一段时间 他就会回来的
You give him some time, He’ll be home soon,
“接下来的事儿交给你了”我对我的客户说 “接下来的事儿交给你了”
“The rest is up to you, ” I tell my clients. “The rest is up to you. ”
每隔几年他们都会回来
Every few years they come back,
所以这些年他们有什么改变 我脑子里都有印象
so I have these snapshots in my head of how they’ve changed over the years.
改变最大的人最终都会买♥♥那艘船 去那个岛
The ones who’ve changed the most finally bought that boat, moved to that island.
那些没有改变的人呢
Those who haven’t changed,
我想他们知道生活赖以生存的过程后会很安心
I suppose they take comfort in knowing what course their lives are on.
我们可能相信他们知道前面的路会怎么走
They like to believe they know what lies ahead.
该死!
Shit!
爸爸!
Dad!
埃文!你怎么在这儿?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!