For what lady could live up to it close to…
哪家小姐能满足你的期许
when her eyes and lips and voice may be no more beautiful than mine.
何况眼睛 嘴唇 声音并不比我美
Besides, can a…can a lady of wealth and noble marriage…
一位和贵族联婚的富家女
love happily with a bankside poet and player?
能快乐地和河岸诗人相爱吗?
Yes, by God!
可以 绝对可以
Love knows nothing of rank or riverbank.
爱是不分等级的
It will spark between a queen and the poor vagabond who plays the king.
饰演国王的流浪汉和女王也会谱出恋曲
Their love should be minded by each,
他们的爱是互动的
for love denied blights the soul we owe to God.
否定爱情是对神的一种侮蔑
So tell my lady William Shakespeare waits for her in the garden.
告诉你家小姐 我在花♥园♥里等她
But what of Lord Wessex?
那韦赛斯阁下怎么办?
For one kiss I would defy a thousand Wessexes.
为了一个吻 我会奋不顾身
Oh, Will.
噢 威廉
Thank you, my lady.
谢谢你 小姐
Lady?
小姐?
Viola De Lesseps. Known her since she was this high.
薇奥拉·德·勒沙 我认识她
Wouldn’t deceive a child.
她骗不了人
Strangely enough, I’m a bit of a writer meself.
凑巧 我也算是个作家
It wouldn’t take you long to read it.
故事不会很长的
I expect you’d know all the booksellers!
我想你认识所有的书商
Can you love a fool?
你会爱上一个傻瓜吗?
Can you love a player?
你会爱上一个演员吗?
Wait!
等等
You’re still a maid, and perhaps as mistook in me
你还是处♥女♥ 别被我骗了
as I was mistook in Thomas Kent.
像是汤玛士·肯特蒙骗我
Are you the author of the plays of William Shakespeare?
你是不是威廉·莎士比亚?
I am.
我是
Then kiss me again, for I am not mistook.
我没弄错 再吻我一次
I do not know how to undress a man.
我不知道如何为男士宽衣
It is strange to me too.
我也不懂
Go to. Go to.
走开 走开
I would not have thought it.
我从来没有想到
There is something better than a play.
有比戏剧更好的东西
There is.
是有的
Even your play.
比你的剧本还好
And that was only my first try.
这是我的第一次
Will.
威廉
You would not leave me.
你不要走
I must.
我必须走
Look how pale the window.
看这窗已泛白
Moonlight.
那是月光
Mmm, no. The morning rooster woke me.
不 是鸡呜唤醒了我
It was the owl. Come to bed.
是猫头鹰 睡吧
Oh, let Henslowe wait.
哦 让汉斯乐等吧
Mr. Henslowe?
汉斯乐先生吗?
Mmm, let him be damned for his pages.
管他要什么剧本
Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
哦 不 不
There is time. Mmm! It is still dark.
还早呢! 天还黑
It’s broad day. The rooster tells us so. It was the owl.
天亮了 晨鸡报晓了 是猫头鹰
Believe me, love, it was the owl…
相信我 是猫头鹰
You would leave us players without a scene to read today?
你今天要耽误排演吗?
My lady?
小姐
The house is stirring. It is a new day.
屋里人都醒了 是新的一天
It is a new world.
是个新世界
Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
朝圣者 你的手并不那么粗
which mannerly devotion shows in this.
你手的触碰已显示你的虔敬
For saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch,
圣者也用手触碰来招呼朝圣者
and palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss.
而朝圣者用双手相握来致敬
Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?
圣者与朝圣者难道没有唇?
Aye, pilgrim.
有啊 朝圣者
Lips that they must use in prayer.
他们的唇是用来祈祷的
Oh, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do.
那么 让唇像手一样相触吧
They pray.
用唇来祷告
Grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.
信心才不会成绝望
Saints do not move, though grant for prayers’ sake.
圣者不会行动 虽然已应许你的祷告
It’s you.
该你了
Suffering cats!
别这样
Then move not…
那就不要动
while my prayer’s effect I take.
让我承受我所祈祷的吧
Thus from my lips, by thine my sin is purged.
我的唇伴着你的唇 洗净罪恶
Then have my lips the sin that they have took.
现在我的唇也染上你的罪
Sin from my lips? Oh, trespass sweetly urged. Give me my sin again.
多美的暗示 再把我的罪给我吧
Yes, yes! Um, not quite right.
不! 不太对
It is more…Let me.
应该更…让我来
Then have my lips the sin that they have took.
现在我的唇也染上你的罪
Sin from my lips? Oh, trespass sweetly urged. Give me my sin again.
多美的暗示 再把我的罪给我吧
You kiss by the book. Well, Will!
你的吻是研究过的 啊 威廉!
It was lucky you were here.
真幸运你在这里
Why do not I write the rest of your play… Yes, yes!
我来写剩下的部分… 好啊!
Uh, continue. Now the nurse. Where is Ralph?
继续 奶娘上场 鲁道夫在哪?
Madam, your mother craves a word with you.
小姐 你母亲要和你说话
What is her mother? Marry, bachelor,
她的母亲是谁? 玛莉 单身汉
her mother is the lady of the house, and a good lady…
她母亲是这屋子的女主人
and a wise and virtuous.
有智慧又有美德
I nursed her daughter that you talked withal.
她的女儿是我喂大的
I tell you, he that can lay hold of her…
谁若高攀她
shall have the chinks.
将有万贯家财
Is she a Capulet?
她是卡布雷家族的人吗?
Oh, dear account! My life is my foe’s debt.
代价真大! 我的命在敌人手
Away. Be gone. The sport is at the best.
走吧 晚宴已经结束了
Aye, so I fear. The more is my unrest.
我想也是 我有点担心
Come hither, nurse. What is yon gentleman?
奶娘 那位绅士是谁?
The son and heir of old Tiberio.
是老提伯欧的儿子和继承人
Let it be night.
晚上吧
What’s he that follows here that would not dance? I know not.
不跳舞的那人是谁? 我不知道
Go ask his name.
去问他的名字
If he be married, my grave is like to be my wedding bed.
但愿他还未结婚
No, do not go.
不要走
I must. I must.
我一定得走
The only son of your great enemy. Terrible.
他是你世仇的独生子 糟糕
Simply… terrible!
真是…糟糕
“But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
是什么光线透过那窗户?
It is the east,
是从东方来的
and Juliet is the sun.
而茱莉叶是太阳
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon…
鲜明的太阳 击溃妒嫉的月光
who is already sick and pale with grief…
月光已病弱苍白且哀伤
that thou, her maid, art far more fair than she.”
因你远比她更精美无瑕
Oh, Will. Yes, some of it’s speakable.
哦 威廉 有些可用言语描述
“lt is my lady. Oh, it is my love!
她是我的情 我的爱
Oh, that she knew she were!
哦 她知道
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars…
她面颊灿烂的使群星羞愧
as daylight doth a lamp.”
就如日光使灯无光
Her eyes in heaven would through the airy region…
她的双眸照过空气云层
stream so bright…
如此光亮
that birds would sing and think it were not night.
鸟儿无日无夜的歌♥唱
See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
看她如此的用手托着脸颊
Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand,
哦 但愿我是那只手套
that I might touch that cheek.
就可贴着她的面颊
Ay, me. “Oh, Romeo.
哦 我的心 哦 罗密欧
Romeo.
罗密欧
Wherefore art thou, Romeo?
你在哪里 罗密欧?
Deny thy father and…” Deny thy father and refuse thy name.
背离你的父亲… 背离你的父亲且放弃你的名
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
如果不 只要你宣誓爱我
and I’ll no longer be a Capulet.
我将不再姓卡布雷
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
我该继续听 还是对她说呢?
“What man art thou that thus bescreened in night…
是谁躲在黑暗中
so stumblest on my counsel?”
如此的窃听我的密秘?
By a name I know not how to tell thee who I am.
说到名字 我不知如何告诉你
My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself, because it is an enemy to thee.
我的名字是你仇家的名字
Had I it written I would tear the word.
如我已写下我将把它撕毁