我得回办公室了
I gotta get back to the office.
今天只有一次 真是刺♥激♥
I only get one today? Gee, how exciting.
我已经逃了一个会了 得回去了
I already skipped one meeting. I gotta get back.
约翰 要是你想走 就走吧
Look, John, if you wanna leave, leave.
我的生活并非是以这些小聚为中心的
My life doesn’t revolve around these little get-togethers.
别自以为是了
Don’t flatter yourself.
你不用这么小心翼翼地
Don’t feel like you gotta treat me with kid gloves.
告诉我你的真实感受
Tell me how you really feel.
我有个朋友到城里来了
Listen, I got a friend comin’ in to town,
一个多年未见的老朋友
an old friend of mine I haven’t seen in years.
据我所知 他有些迷茫
From what I can tell, I think he’s a little lost.
我可能得花些时间陪他
I think I may have to spend a little time with him.
意味着我们得冷淡一段时间了吗
Meaning we’ll have to cool it for a while?
-是的 -好吧
– Yeah. – Yeah.
我希望你能辞了酒吧的工作
I wish you’d quit that bartending job of yours.
为什么
Why?
我讨厌想到那群家伙都在打你的主意
I hate the thought of all those guys hittin’ on you.
我能处理好
I can handle it.
我相信
I’m sure.
而且 那里报酬不错
Besides, the money is good,
有些家伙还是挺可爱的
and some of the guys are cute.
你没有资格吃醋
And you are in no position to be jealous.
谁说我吃醋了
Who said I was jealous?
我说的
I did.
我想改天在你家做一次
You know, I’d like to do it at your house sometime.
必须承认 一想到
I must admit, the idea of doin’ it
在我姐姐床上做 我就莫名地兴奋
in my sister’s bed gives me a perverse thrill.
真希望我能直言不讳地
I wish I could just come right out
昭告天下 安的床技太烂
and tell everyone Ann’s a lousy lay.
就是那美丽的受欢迎的安·贝肖普·马拉尼
The beautiful, the popular Ann Bishop Millaney.
-太冒险了 -要不我先来造个谣
– Could be risky. – How about I just start a rumour, then?
不 不 我是说在我家做
No, no, I mean doin’ it at my house.
怕被捉奸吗
Afraid of gettin’ caught?
是的
Yeah!
确实该怕
You should be.
-我能见见你的朋友吗 -谁 格兰姆吗
– Can I meet this friend of yours? – Who, Graham?
我跟你说 多年前我们关系很好 不过我
I gotta tell you, we were very close many years ago, but I…
我觉得我们现在大不一样了
I think we’re very different now.
-你是 -安吗 我叫格兰姆·道尔顿
– Yes? – Ann? Uh, my name is Graham Dalton.
-对 是的 -我能用下厕所吗
– Oh! Yeah, sure. – May I use your bathroom?
请进
Uh-huh. Come on in. Come on in.
-厕所在哪 -走到头左转 抱歉
– Where is it? – Oh, stright back there to the left. I’m sorry.
你喜欢草莓吗 我给你带了些
Do you like strawberries? I brought you some.
谢谢 你真客气
Thank you. That’s real sweet.
你好 请找约翰·马拉尼 我是他太太
Hi. Um, John Millaney, please. This is his wife.
没关系 谢谢
That’s all right. Thank you.
-这么快 -虚惊一场
– That was quick. – False alarm.
请坐
Have a seat.
抱歉 屋里不能抽烟
I’m sorry, we don’t let people smoke in the house.
-你要想抽的话 -不 不 不
– But if you’d like to, – Oh, no, no, no, no, no.
-可以去室外 -不用 不用 我
– we could go outside. – No, no. I…
我能忍♥ 我
I can wait. I’m…
-你有其他东西吗 -有
– Do you have any other things? – Yes.
你指行李吗 那没有
Oh, you mean to bring in? No.
我是有其他东西 不过我不…
I do have some other things, but I don’t…
这就是我住在这儿所需的所有物品了
This is all I need to stay here.
你上过电视吗
Have you ever been on television?
电视 没有
Television? No, no.
为什么这么问
Why?
我就是好奇
I was just curious.
格兰姆 真是个不常见的名字
Graham. That’s an unusual name.
是啊 我 我猜也是
Yeah. Yeah, I, uh… I guess it is.
我妈妈是个彻底的亲英派
My mother is a complete Anglophile.
任何有关英国的事物
Anything British you know,
都能让她像婴儿一样流口水
makes her drool like a baby.
所以她 我觉得
So she, you know, I think
她是从电影或是其他什么地方听到这名字的
she heard the name in a movie or something.
现在她是个电视迷
She’s a prisoner of public television now.
你觉得已婚生活怎么样
How do you like being married?
我觉得还好
I like it just fine.
你喜欢婚姻的什么呢 我
What about it do you like? I…
我无意批判
I don’t mean to be critical.
-我只是好奇 -不 不 没关系
– I’m curious. – No, no, no, no. That’s OK. Uh…
你知道那些关于安全感的陈词滥调吗
Well… you know the cliche about the security of it?
那倒是事实
Well, that’s true.
我们拥有这幢房♥子
And, um, we own this house.
是幢漂亮的房♥子 并且
It’s a nice house. And…
约翰当上了初级合伙人 我很喜欢
John was just made junior partner, and I really like that.
我喜欢他没成为什么
You know, I like the fact that he’s just not,
自♥由♥职业者之类的
you know, freelance or whatever.
是啊
Yes.
你和约翰多久没见了
So, how long has it been since you’ve seen John?
-九年了 -九年了
– Nine years. – Nine years?
是的 我很惊讶他邀请我住在这里
Yeah. I was surprised he invited me to stay here
在我找到住处之前
until I found a place.
-你不是和他很熟吗 -是啊 我们很熟
– Didn’t you know him very well? – Oh, no, I knew him very well.
约翰和我…
John and I…
曾十分相似
were very much alike.
真的吗
Really?
有点难以置信
That’s kinda hard to believe.
你俩现在看起来截然不同
I mean, you just seem so different now.
是啊 可以想象我俩确实大不一样了
Yeah. Well, I would imagine we are pretty different now.
-这回我真得去洗手间了 -好的
– I’m ready to use the bathroom, finally. – OK.
格兰姆 我必须得说
Graham. I gotta tell you,
今天看见你时我差点报♥警♥
I almost called the cops when I saw you today.
我心想 这不可能是以前那个
I thought to myself “this couldn’t possibly be the same guy
每周在教堂后面
that once held private services
提供私人服务的小伙子
in the back of the chapel on a weekly basis”.
你还干过那个
You did that?
人都有过去 我也不例外
Well. Everybody has a past. that’s mine, so…
你怎么穿成这样
So, what’s with the get-up?
-有人死了还是怎么着 -约翰
– Somebody die, or…? – John!
不好意思 有人…
I’m sorry. Did…?
-不 没有 -抱歉
– No, no, no. – I’m sorry.
没人去世
Nobody died.
你穿着一身黑 我还能怎么想呢
What do you think the Greeks’d think of this rather sombre attire?
我也不知道
I don’t know.
晚餐好吃极了
Dinner was very good.
是啊 晚餐不错 亲爱的
Yeah, it wasn’t bad, honey.
多谢夸奖
Thanks. Thank you.
安平时做菜总是放很多盐
Usually Ann achieves a kinda critical mass with the salt,
但…今晚…
but, uh, tonight was…
我一直和她说 不够可以再加
I always tell her, you can always add more,
但放多了可就没办法了
but you can’t take it away.
嗯 你是那么说的
Yeah, you say that, don’t you?
你家人也在城里吗
So do you have family here?
我父母 还有我姐妹
Mother, father, my sister.
-姐姐还是妹妹 -妹妹
– Sister older or younger? – Younger.
你们关系好吗
Are you close?
对不起 我又多问了 抱歉
I’m sorry. I’m… I’m prying again. I’m sorry.
你之前就问过吗
Were you prying before?
是啊 下午我一直追问安你俩的婚姻生活
Yeah, this afternoon I was grilling Ann about your marriage.
-聊得怎样 -挺好的
– How’d it go? – Well, I… Very well.
刚说到你妹妹
So I was asking about your sister.
对
Yeah.
我们关系不错 只是…
We get along all right, it’s just that, uh…
她性格很外向
Well, I think she’s an extrovert.
我觉得她有点闹 她可能不觉得
I just think she’s loud. She probably wouldn’t agree.
不 她肯定不觉得
No, I mean, definitely wouldn’t agree.
你有没有打算和伊丽莎白见面
So, listen, are you gonna see Elizabeth while you’re here?