性 谎言和录像带
垃圾
Garbage.
我整个星期都在思考垃圾的事
All I’ve been thinking about all week is garbage.
我就是没办法不去想
I mean, I just can’t stop thinking about it.
关于垃圾的什么事
What kind of thoughts about garbage?
我只是… 我在担心
I just… I’ve gotten real concerned over
要拿这些垃圾怎么办
what’s gonna happen with all the garbage.
我们有那么多垃圾
I mean, we’ve got so much of it.
要知道最终总会
You know? I mean, we have to
腾不出地方来放这些东西的
run out of places to put this stuff eventually.
上一次我
The last time I…
我有这种感受是在那艘驳船搁浅的时候
I started feelin’ this way is when that barge was stranded
当时 它正绕过小岛
and, you know, it was goin’ around the island
没人愿意对它负责
and nobody would claim it.
-你记得那事吗 -是的 我记得
– Do you remember that? – Yes, I remember.
你知道是什么引起这种忧虑的吗
Do you have any idea what may have triggered this concern?
是的 是的
Yeah. Yeah.
那晚约翰去倒垃圾
You see, the other night John was taking out the garbage,
他任由那些溢出来的垃圾掉落在地上
and he kept spilling things out of the container,
那让我…
and that made me…
我开始想象
I started imagining,
就像有个会生产出垃圾的垃圾桶
like, a garbage can that produces garbage.
永不停歇 一直在产生垃圾
And it doesn’t stop, it keeps producing garbage.
不断地外溢
And it keeps overflowing.
你能做些什么
And, you know, what would you do
来阻止这样的东西
to try to stop something like that?
安 你看出其中的模式了吗
Ann, do you see any pattern here?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
上周我们说起
Well, last week we were talking about
你被空难遇难者家庭所困扰
your obsession with the families of airline fatalities.
现在我们又在说你对垃圾问题的担忧
Now we’re talking about your concern over the garbage problem.
是的…所以呢
Yeah… So?
你细想一下
Well, if you think about it,
你会发现困扰你的
I think you’ll see the object of your obsession
总是你无法控制的消极事物
is invariably something negative which you have no control over.
是啊 但你觉得又有多少人东奔西跑
Yeah, but how many people do you think run around
为愉快的事情而困扰呢
obsessing over how great and how happy things are?
或许真有这样的人
You know, I mean, maybe they do,
不过我不觉得他们在看心理医生
but I don’t think they’re in therapy.
总之 快乐并没那么好
Anyway… bein’ happy isn’t all that great.
上一次我很开心的时候 我胖了好多
I mean, the last time I was really happy, I got so fat.
足足胖了23斤
I must’ve put on 25 pounds.
我本以为约翰会被吓晕过去
I thought John was gonna have a stroke.
-你在担心什么 -我看的这是什么
– So, what are you worried about? – What am I looking at here?
-搞错了还是怎么样 -取决于你怎么想了
– Is it some mistake or what? – Depends on your point of view.
我觉得没错
I don’t think so.
事实上 我要告诉你个小秘密
In fact, I’m gonna tell you a little secret.
一旦你戴上了结婚戒指
As soon as you get a ring on your finger,
就会对异性产生
you start getting spectacular attention
-惊人的吸引力 -一派胡言
– from the opposite gender. – That’s bullshit!
真的 要是每次有小姑娘接近我
Seriously. I wish I had Super Bowl seats for every time
毫无防备地和我聊天时
some filly had come up and
超级碗是美国国家橄榄球联盟的年度冠军赛
我手里都有超级碗的票就好了
start talking to me without the slightest provocation.
这才是关键 太美妙了
It’s critical. It’s just marvellous.
这是你结婚之前发生的事吧
That happened before you got married.
不 不 不 我结婚前从没发生过这种事
No, no, no. It never happened before I got married.
早知道 我就在18岁的时候
If I’d known, I’d have bought myself a ring
自己买♥♥个戒指 省下…
when I was 18 and saved myself…
确实如此
Yeah, right!
大量的时间和金钱
A lot of time and money.
真希望有人早告诉我
No, I wish somebody’d clued me in.
真的
I’m tellin’ you.
太诡异了
It’s too weird.
该死 我得走了
Oh, shit, I gotta be someplace.
-周四打壁球 对吧 -七点半如何
– So, it’s racquetball Thursday, right? – How about 7:30?
-好的 到时见 再见 -再见
– Yeah, fine. See you later. Bye. – Bye-bye.
-先生 有什么事 -珍妮特
– Yes, sir? – Janet.
与柯克兰的会面重排至周五一点半
Reschedule Kirkland for, uh, Friday, 1:30.
-好的 先生 -好的
– Yes, sir. – All right.
你的这些想法还是没告诉约翰吗
Are you still keeping these thoughts from John?
是的
Yeah.
你怕他发现你在愚蠢地思考这些事吗
Are you afraid of his finding you silly at thinking these things?
不 不是那样的 只是…
No, it’s not that. It’s just…
-我现在很生他的气 -为什么
– I’m really angry at him right now. – Why?
他邀请了一个大学的朋友
He invited this college friend of his
来我们家住 问都没有问我
to stay at our house and didn’t even ask me.
我当然会同意 但是
I’m gonna say yes, of course, but…
要是他事先问一下我就好了
you know, it just would’ve been nice to have been asked.
这有什么让你生气的呢
What upsets you about that?
我猜气就气在我没理由生气
I guess it makes me angry because I can’t justify bein’ angry.
这是他的房♥子 他付贷款
It’s his house. He pays the mortgage.
是的 但是是他要你辞职的
Yes, but he asked you to quit your job,
你还要做家务
and you do have housework.
是的 我要做家务 这是事实
Yeah. I have housework. That’s true.
除了这位不速之客的事
This unexpected guest notwithstanding,
你和约翰的关系怎么样
how are things with John?
还不错 还不错
Oh, they’re fine. I mean, they’re fine.
只不过我现在处于
Except for I’m going through this thing
不想让他碰我的阶段 但是
where I don’t want him to touch me, but…
你什么时候开始有这种感觉的
When did you begin having this feeling?
上周
Well… last week.
我不清楚 我只是
I don’t know, I just…
我有种奇怪的感觉
I got this really strange feelin’, and… ugh…
就是不想让他碰我
just didn’t want him to touch me.
在此之前
Prior to this feeling,
你和约翰之间的身体接触还自在吗
did you comfortable with your physical contact with John?
是的 当然
Oh, yeah. Sure. Yeah.
除了…
Except for… well…
我对性一直没那么感兴趣
I’ve never really been that much into sex.
我是说 我喜欢那事 不过
I mean, I like it and everything, but…
我觉得那事没那么重要 而且
you know, I just don’t think it’s such a big deal, and…
没有我也不会去想之类的
I wouldn’t miss it, you know, kinda thing.
但是最近我有点…
But lately I’ve just…
有点好奇这事怎么变少了
been kinda curious about how things have slacked off.
也许他察觉到抚摸你时你的不情愿
Perhaps he senses your hesitance at being touched.
也许 但奇怪的是
Yeah. But that’s the weird thing,
在我有这种感觉之前
because he started not touching me
他就开始不碰我了
before I started feelin’ like that.
我相信他可能希望
I mean, I’m sure he probably wishes
我偶尔能主动一两次
that I would initiate things once in a while,
我愿意 只是我从没有这方面的需求
and I would, except for it just never occurs to me, and…
仅有几次我有欲望的时候只有我一个人在家
well, the few times I have felt like it I was by myself.
你有做过什么吗
Did you do anything?
你指什么
What do you mean?
你自♥慰♥过吗
Did you masturbate?
天呐 没有
God, no.
没有
No.
从你的反应来看 你从不自♥慰♥
I take it from your response that you never masturbate.
我试过一次
Well… I tried once.
感觉太傻了
It just seems so stupid!
我不知道 感觉是在做一件很蠢的事
I don’t know! It just seemed like a dumb thing to do, and…
然后我会开始担心
God, and then I started worrying
我死去的祖父可能在看着我
that my dead grandfather was maybe watching me, you know, and…
真是太傻了
I was just seemed so stupid,
特别是当你不知道要怎么
you know, especially when you don’t know what to do
处理垃圾的时候
with all the garbage.
所以你是最近才尝试这样吗
Oh, so it was recently when you tried this?
是在最近 不过也没那么近
Oh, well, it was kind of recently, but not… real recently.
我只是不习惯家里有客人
I am just not up to havin’ a guest in the house.
我得走了 我得回办公室了
I gotta go. I gotta go to the office.