Hey, hey, hey. What the hell is that thing?
一只狗而已 就留一晚上
It’s a dog. Just for one night.
不行 等等 我可不管这些
No. Hold on, hold on. I don’t give two shits, okay?
我们这里对狗有规定
We have a dog policy here.
只能养小狗 贵宾或西施什么的
Little dogs only. Poodles and Shih Tzus.
合同上写的很清楚 英西双语
It’s in the contract. It’s English and Spanish for everyone to see.
再说了 这东西是狗吗
And besides, that, my friend, is not a dog.
简直就是马
It’s a goddamn horse.
等你加上“不准养马”的条款之后再来跟我说吧
Well, let me know when you add a horse policy to the contract.
你好
Yes.
托马斯先生吗 我是康妮·坦波斯
Mr. Thomas, it’s Connie Tepos.
你好 康妮
Hey, Connie.
我都不知道为什么要给你打电♥话♥
I don’t know why I’m calling you…
但我还是打了
…but I’m calling you.
你说过你能帮我们
You said you could help us and…
你真的能吗
Can you really help us?
你说的能行的通吗
This just doesn’t make any sense.
万一他找到我们怎么办 -他找不到的
What if he finds us? -He won’t.
你怎么知道 -别说了
What makes you so sure? -Stop it.
你不了解他-别说了
You don’t know him. -Stop it.
别再软弱了
Don’t be weak.
别再软弱了-我没有软弱
Don’t be weak. -I’m not weak.
我很坚强
I’m strong.
拿着这个 拿着
Take this. Take it.
现在发动引擎
You are gonna start this car…
马上离开这里
…and you’re gonna go.
这不是幻觉 这是你的新生活
This is real, and this is gonna be your new life.
听明白没有 -明白了
Do you understand? -Yes.
看看你的孩子
Look at those babies. Look at those babies.
看他们多么漂亮
Look how beautiful those babies are.
我知道
I know, I know.
该给他们更好的生活
They deserve it.
好不好
Okay?
顺着海滨公路向北走
You’re headed north up the coast.
劳伦娜 劳伦娜
Lorena. Lorena.
我坚信这地方能治疗心灵创伤
I’ve always believed this place can heal the soul.
妈妈看 是大海
Mommy, the ocean.
是大海啊
Yes, the ocean.
希望你的伤也能在那里痊愈
I hope that proves true for you.
请在合同上划线处签字
When you sign your name on the dotted line of the contract…
我的房♥子就是你的了
… you’ll own my house outright.
我只有一个请求不要和任何人说房♥子是怎么来的
I only ask that you never mention how you got the house…
也不要用任何方式联♥系♥我
… or try to contact me for any reason.
如果想不通为何会选你 不如别想了
And if you’re wondering why you, please stop.
我希望你能尊重我的心愿
All I ask is for you to honor my wishes…
还有 请尽情享受生活吧
… and, of course, live life abundantly.
谢谢 知道了
Hey. Thanks. Got it.
嗨 公爵
Hi, Duke.
宝贝
Hi, baby.
护士什么时候到你家
What time does the nurse come?
我到家的时候也就该到了
She should be there by the time I get home.
本 -在
Ben? -Yes.
我知道我是折翅的天使
I know I’m the girl with the broken wing.
但是你又是谁
But who are you?
我是谁
Who am I?
我是住你家附近的友善的税务员
I am your friendly neighborhood tax collector.

Ben.
你到底是哪儿冒出来的
Where the hell did you come from?
我在奥克兰长大
I grew up in Oakland.
好 那我就认真问
Literally. Okay.
你在哪上的大学
Where did you go to college?
那可离奥克兰远的很了
As far from Oakland as possible.
马萨诸塞州理工学院
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
你呢
How about you?
加州大学洛杉矶分校
UCLA.
你是麻省理工毕业的
You went to MIT?
是传说中的那个“麻省理工”
Like, the MIT?
你是想问 我为什么会变成个小收税员
Oh, and now you’re wondering how I wound up as a lowly tax collector.
没错
Absolutely.
大概算是时运不济吧-确实够倒霉的了
I sort of stumbled into this job. -That’s a big stumble.
之前呢
What from?
我以前一直想当工程师
I always wanted to be an engineer.
工程师
An engineer?
哪一种呢
What kind?
送别人上月亮的那种
The kind that sent people to the moon.
真的
Really?

Yes.
我不想再讨论关于我的话题了
I don’t wanna talk about me anymore.
那太糟了 你的话题非常有意思
That’s too bad, because you’re very interesting.
你之前
Have you…?
之前有没有恋爱过
Have you ever been in love?
艾米丽 别问了
Emily, please.
那就是有了
Yes, you have.
跟我说说嘛
Come on, you can tell me.
是有过
Yes.
但是已经结束了
But it ended.
发生了什么事 -别问了
What happened? -Stop it.
不 说真的 你可以告诉 -别问了
No, seriously, you can tell… -Stop it.
你需要休息了
You need to get some rest.
我明天再给你打电♥话♥ 也可能会来看你
I’ll call you tomorrow, or maybe I’ll stop by.
如果我明天还要问问题呢
No, if I have questions tomorrow, what then?
我没有这个义务
That’s not a part of the deal.
你这是什么意思
What the hell does that mean?
艾米丽 等等
Emily, hold on. Hold on.
你走吧-等等
Just leave. -Emily, wait.
等等
Wait!
谢谢你帮我做的一切
Thank you for everything you did.
鸡蛋味道怎么样
Did you like the eggs?
还行吧
They were okay, I guess.
我不喜欢你买♥♥的蛋
I don’t like the eggs you buy.
好吧
Okay.
你穿着西裤
You’re wearing suit pants.
来拔草
To weed.
我没带其他衣服
Yeah, I didn’t… I didn’t have any other clothes with me.
我正准备拔掉这些草-那天我看到这儿有杂草
You know, I was gonna get to those. -I saw them the other day.
就想着抽空来帮你收拾一下
I figured I would just take the day off and get this done for you.

Ben?

Yeah?
你这道歉方式太蹩脚了
This is a really ridiculous apology.
来 带你看点东西
Come on. I wanna show you something.
不 我得把这些拔完
Oh, no, I gotta finish.
你可以明天再拔
You can finish tomorrow.
来吧
Come on.
这是我过去工作的地方
This is where I used to work.
这些都是我用过的机器 老古董了
And these are the artifacts of said work.
真漂亮 都有多少年了
Wow, those are great. How old are they?
这台已经蹦跳了120年了
This one is just shy of 120 years.
我就用它来作贺卡 请柬 还有邀请函
It’s how I put out my line of letterpress cards, wedding invitations, invites.
那这台呢
What about this one?
这台年轻多了
That youngster…
海德堡“风车”印刷机 1956年产
…is the Heidelberg Windmill, 1956.
绰号♥“野兽”
Call it “The Beast.”
这绰号♥很称啊
Well, that seems appropriate.
可惜5年前坏掉了
It pooped out on me about five years ago, though.
现在也找不到人修
And I can’t find anybody to fix it.
这项手艺就快失传了
It’s kind of a dying art.
这台还能用
Defibrillator here works, though.
我就靠它维持营生了 想见识见识么
Luckily. It kept my business afloat. Wanna see how?
求之不得
Please.
现在正宗的印刷工
Okay. Now, true pressmen…
鄙视我们这些时尚的姑娘