Gonna hang up now.
再见
Bye.
托马斯先生
Mr. Thomas?
就等你了
We’re ready for you.
花真漂亮
These are beautiful.
是香蕉皮的功劳 想不到吧
Banana peels. Who knew?
艾米丽
Emily?
帮我加点水好么
Can I get a refill?
苏珊 -来了
Susan? -Yeah.
莱恩怎么样
How’s Ryan?
很好 这周末他跟他爸爸一起过
He’s good. He’s at his dad’s this weekend.
我随时可以给他免费上课能替我转告他么
Will you tell him for me that I’m ready whenever he is for a free lesson?
好的
Yeah, all right.
最近他学业很紧
Things are kind of crazy right now with school…
等到放假之后吧
…but maybe when school’s out.
那好啊 太好了
Oh, yeah. That’s perfect.
派好吃么
How’s the pie?
嗯 很好吃
Oh, it’s… It’s good.
你想约她出去么
You gonna ask her out?
那个女招待
The waitress.
不想
No.
不试怎么知道
You never know.
她可能根本没注意过我
I don’t… I don’t think she sees me.
晚安 以斯拉
Good night, Ezra.
你好
Hello?
本
Ben?
很抱歉这么晚打电♥话♥给你
Hi, I’m sorry to call so late.
有国税局的人找过你吗
Did…? Did someone from the IRS contact you?
不是
No.
我只是
I just…
只是在遛公爵的时候一口气提不上来 就晕倒了
I was having trouble breathing after I took Duke for a walk, and I fainted.
是救护车把我送到医院的
An ambulance had to take me to the hospital.
对不起
I’m so sorry.
我都不知道为什么要给你打电♥话♥
I don’t know why I even called you. I’m sorry.
只是手边有你的名片 所以
It’s just that I have your card with me, and…
本
Ben?
你还在吗
Are you still there?
我在
Yes.
你想过死么 本
Do you ever think about dying, Ben?
有时会想
Every now and again.
我的脸色都变青了
My face is bluish.
这可不是个好兆头
It’s not exactly a good sign.
你该试着休息
You should try to rest. Just…
要么试着睡一会儿
Why don’t you see if you can get some sleep?
我喜欢跟你说话
I like talking to you.
我也喜欢跟你说话
I like talking to you too.
能给我讲个故事么
Would you tell me a story, please?
好吧
Okay.
在很久很久以前
All right. Once upon a time…
有一个小男孩 他名叫
… there was a little boy named…
我真走运啊 看来你肚子有存货
Oh, lucky me, you just got it on reserve like that. Okay.
让我猜猜 男孩名叫本
Let me guess. His name was Ben.
不对 这男孩名叫蒂姆
No, actually, this little boy’s name is Tim.
我喜欢蒂姆这个名字
I like the name Tim.
继续讲吧
Go on.
蒂姆的弟弟总是央求蒂姆
Tim’s little brother was always pestering Tim…
给他折纸飞机 因为蒂姆折的很好
…to make him paper airplanes, because he was really good at it.
但是蒂姆的梦想要大得多
But Tim had much bigger dreams than that.
恩 然后呢
Okay. Then what happened?
有一天蒂姆来到后院
One day, Tim went out to the backyard…
把树枝树叶绑在胳膊上
…and he put leaves and taped branches to his arms…
然后开始往一棵大橡树上爬
…and started climbing the big oak tree.
他的弟弟说 “蒂姆你不能飞的”
His little brother said, “Tim, you can’t fly.”
蒂姆说 “真的么 那你等着瞧”
And he said, “Yeah? You just watch.”
他爬到大树顶上 然后跳了下来
He got all the way to the top and jumped.
那树有多高
How tall was this tree?
树挺高的 他把胳膊摔断了
It was… It was pretty tall. He broke his arm.
天啊 这故事真恐怖
Oh, my God… This is a horrible story.
没有没有 后面好多了
Oh, no, no. It gets better.
从这以后蒂姆明白了 自己想翱翔晴空
From that experience, Tim realized that he wanted to fly.
于是他把一生都奉献给了航♥天♥事业
So he dedicated his life to making spaceships.
这就是你说的好故事啊
I thought you said this was a good story.
哦 好吧
Oh, well…
呃 后来
Yeah, that is…
后来龙又登场了
…until the dragons showed up.
嗯 这样才精彩嘛
Oh, okay, see, now it’s getting better.
我喜欢龙 特别是太空中的飞龙
I like dragons. Especially dragons in space.
没错 这些龙是会喷火的太空飞龙
Yes, and these were fire-breathing space dragons…
脾气还特别坏
… with really bad attitudes.
我明白了
I see.
我有个念头
I have an idea.
你现在先试着睡一下
Why don’t you try to fall asleep…
我等你睡着了再挂
… and when you do, I’ll just hang up.
好
Okay.
本
Ben?
在
Yes.
谢谢你听我说话
Thank you for listening.
也谢谢你讲的故事
And for talking.
乖乖睡吧
Try to fall asleep.
晚安 本
Good night, Ben.
晚安 艾米丽
Good night, Emily.
艾米丽
Emily?
艾米丽
Emily?
我刚才说谎了
I lied to you.
我每天都会想到死
I think about dying every day.
金医生到加护病房♥韦斯利·金医生 请到加护病房♥
Dr. King to NICU. Dr. Wesley King, please report to NICU.
嘿
Hey.
嘿-嘿
Hey. -Hey.
你什么时候来的
When did you get here?
昨晚我们通完电♥话♥后来的
Last night, after we talked.
你在这睡了一夜
You slept here?
早上好 病人怎么样
Good morning. How’s our patient?
早上好 我好多了-很好
Morning. Better. -Good.
你好-这是本 是吧 是国税局的
Hello. -Hi, Ben. Is that right? IRS?
没错 你好么 -好 谢谢
Yes, how are you? -Good, thank you.
那我先出去了-没事 别走
I’ll leave you two alone. -No, no, stay, please. Don’t go.
他能留下么
He can… He can stay.
随便你
Whatever you want.
你昏倒的原因是心脏太虚弱
You fainted because your heart was too weak…
不能给脑部供应足够的血液
…to pump enough blood to your brain.
于是大脑当机了
It’s enlarged and it’s starting to shut down.
还有多久
How long?
完全取决于你的心脏
It’s entirely up to your heart.
可能6周 也可能一个月
Could be six weeks, could be a month.
我们已经把你的病情升为一级B
But we’ve upped you to Status 1 B.
这么说我在移植名单上了
At least I’m on the list.
不仅如此 我们还要给你配个呼机
Not only that, but we’re giving you this pager.
一旦它响了 说明有人捐器官给你了
And when it goes off, it means you have a donor.
我给你用了点强心剂
The inotrope drug I started you on…
能在24小时内稳住血压
…it’s gonna stabilize your blood pressure within 24 hours.
那之后呢
Then what?
只能等了
We wait.
我可以回家等么 -等你血压正常 就可以回家了
Can I do that at home? -Once you’re stable, you can.
好
Okay.
我去小食堂给你买♥♥点吃的吧
I’m gonna run to the cafeteria. I’m gonna get you something.
如果想要别的 我也可以帮你买♥♥
If you want something else, I can get you something else.
你可不可以不要走
Would you stay?
如果你有别的事要忙就算了
I mean, unless you have something else to do.
我只是希望你能留下-我没别的事
I’d really like it if you stayed. -I don’t have anything.
没事 没事的
Okay. Okay.
喂喂喂 这是什么东西