记得那天晚上你告诉我你爱死斯黛西·米勒了
I remembered that that night you told me how much you liked Stacy Miller…
你还说要约她出去
…and that you were gonna ask her out. And I said:
我就说 “老兄 不行她已经是我的人了”
“Hey, man. You can’t. Her and I already did it.”
但我当时没和她做过 只是想来着
Which we didn’t, but I wanted to…
但是她喜欢你多过喜欢我
…but she liked you way more than she liked me, and…
于是我骗了你 因为我嫉妒你
So I lied to you because I was so jealous.
后来我从没跟你说过真♥相♥
And I realized that I’ve been carrying around this lie…
这包袱已经在我心里压了25年
…in my heart for the last 25…
别说了
Stop it!
别说了
Stop it.
集中精神
Stay focused.
说话要算数
Do what you promised me.
什么 你以为我会 -答应我的事情要做到
What, you think I’m…? -Do what you promised me.
你觉得现在我会让你失望是不是
You think I’m gonna let you down now, don’t you?
我都认识你一辈子了
I’ve known you my whole damn life!
拜托
Okay?
那这个呢 这可不是人们常做的事
This? This? This is not something you do every day.
明白不明白 这事对我来说不容易
Okay? This is… This is not easy for me.
我会保证每件事都按计划进行
I’ll make sure everything goes as planned.
别担心
Don’t worry.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我的天
Oh, my God.
你好 霍丽
Hello, Holly.
看看 看看
Look at you.
你来干什么 -来看你啊
What are you doing here? -I came to see you.
真的么 -有空么
Really? -You have a minute?
当然 请进吧
Sure. Come on in.
这是我的桌子 请坐
Here’s my desk. Have a seat.
家庭服务与儿童福利保障中心
你看起来气色真好
You look great.
真的 -嗯
I do? -Yes.
我感觉也好极了
I feel great.
你怎么样 -非常好
How are you? -I’m really good.
我需要你帮个忙
I need a favor.
你只管开口
Whatever you need, just ask me.
我需要你在系统里找一个人
I need a name. Someone in the system.
找一个已陷入困境的人
Someone having a really hard time…
一个需要帮助却过于自尊不愿乞求他人的人
…that needs help, but may be too proud to ask for a handout.
你到底要做什么
What are you doing?
我要援助
I’m helping.
给我一个名字就好
I need a name.
好吧
Okay.
康妮·坦波斯
Connie Tepos.
去年她想和男友分手的时候那个人♥渣♥差点杀了她
Her boyfriend almost killed her last year when she tried to leave.
上个月她又被他打断了三根肋骨
He broke three of her ribs last month.
因为害怕 她不敢起诉
She’s scared to death to press charges…
我们也没法帮到她
… and we can’t do anything.
你好-你好
Hello. -Hi.
康妮·坦波斯 -是我
Connie Tepos? -Yes?
我叫本·托马斯 是国税局的
My name is Ben Thomas. I’m with the IRS.
国税局 我没有欠税啊
IRS? But I always pay my taxes.
这只是常规随访
Yes, this is more of a general inquiry.
我不明白 怎么
I don’t understand. What…?
我能进来吗
May I come in?
不行 我男朋友不在家
Not now. My boyfriend is not here.
这是关系到你家人的大事
It’s very important for your family.
我的家人
For my family?
真不错
Beautiful.
谢谢
Gracias
请坐
Please, have a seat.
到底什么事情
What’s this all about?
你的资料引起了我的注意
Your case has come to my attention.
我想要了解你的境况
And I wanted to get to know you.
你想了解我的事情 为什么
You wanted to get to know me? Why?
因为我想帮你
Because I’d like to help you.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
我注意到了你的案子
I’m aware of your case.
以及你的男友
And your boyfriend.
你到底在说什么
What are you talking about?
你知道我在说什么
You know what I’m talking about.
不 我完全不知道
No, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
孩子们 回房♥间去
Kids, go to your room.
他要回来了
He’s coming back?
他还没回来
He’s not coming back.
你说你是国税局的 是在说谎吧
You said you were from the IRS, but you’re lying to me.
没有-你没跟我说实话
No. -You’re not telling me the truth.
谁派你来的
Who sent you here?
请坐
Please sit down.
我不坐
I’m not going to sit down.
请冷静点-我不想冷静
Please, calm down. -I’m not going to calm down.
你闯到我家里来
You come into my house.
要我谈我自己和男朋友的事
You talking to me about mi caso y mi boyfriend?
是谁派你来的 -没人
Who sent you here? -Nobody.
没人 那你赶紧从我家里滚出去
Nobody? Get out of my house immediately.
你可以相信我
You can trust me.
我谁都不相信 托马斯先生
I trust no one, Mr. Thomas.
我跟霍丽谈过了
I talked to Holly.
我可以让你离开这个牢笼
I can get you out of here.
到安全的地方去 更漂亮的地方
To a safe place. A beautiful place.
不想站在她不利的一边
Wouldn’t wanna get on her bad side.
我会签字的 -对
I’ll sign to that. -Yeah.
你为什么去找霍丽
Why did you talk to Holly?
你的孩子留在这里很危险
Your children are in danger here.
别和我提孩子的事 托马斯先生
Don’t talk about my kids, Mr. Thomas.
你什么都不知道-你没必要这样过下去
You don’t know. -You don’t have to live like this.
马上从我家滚出去 不然我报♥警♥了
Get out of my house now or I’m gonna call the police.
好吧 好吧-你到底是谁
Okay, okay. -Who are you?
请收下我的名片-我不要你帮忙
I want you to take my card. -I don’t need help.
请收下明白 有事打电♥话♥
I want you to take my card, and call me…
我不需要-那我留在这儿了
I don’t need it. -I’m gonna leave it.
好了 谢谢 快出去
Okay. Thank you. Get out right now.
我可以帮你-出去行不行 这里是我家
You’re not helpless. -Can you leave? This is my house.
请你再考虑考虑
Please, just think about it.
我不需要你帮
I don’t need you.
我现在不方便说话-我要马上和你谈
I can’t talk right now. -I need to talk immediately.
你在哪里 -我哪儿都不在
Where are you? -I’m nowhere.
我到你家去找你吧
I’m gonna meet you at the house.
我不在家 在旅行 下星期再和你说
Look, no. I’m not at the house. I’m traveling. I’ll talk to you next week.
不 不行 我们必须现在就谈
No, no, no. We need to discuss this right now.
你们两个怎么样
How you doing, you two?
我很好
I’m good.
今天是我的大日子
Got a big day.
没错 再也不用做血透了 手术室见
Yep. No more dialysis, George. See you in the O.R.
好的
Yep.
一会再见-好的 先生
I’ll see you there as well. -Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
我听说你凑齐了钱
So I heard you raised enough money…
加上部分奖学金 够几个孩子念大学了
…to give a couple of the kids partial scholarships to college.
没什么大不了的
It’s no big deal.
我只不过说服了几个大财主
I just convinced a couple of bigwig donors…
让他们相信观众喜欢在冰场上观赏到更多拉美裔球员的表现
…that what the world really needs to see is more Latinos on ice.
本 我一直想知道
You know, Ben, I keep asking you this…
为什么会找我
…but why me?
因为你是一个好人
Because you are a good man.
我算不上 真的
No, really.
你自己没发觉 旁人却看在眼里
Even when you don’t know that people are watching you.

Hello?
你好
Hello?

Hello?
我听不见你说话 请你等会再打过来
Okay, I can’t hear you, so try back again.
我先挂了哦