如果一个人像你一样
when men failed as entirely
完全失败了 他会伏剑…
as you have, they would throw themselves
自尽
on their swords.
很不幸,我忘了带剑来
Well, unfortunately, I forgot to bring a sword.
我要是你 就会立刻把那东西放下
I would put that down right now, if I were you.
你是愿意在睡梦中 象生病的宠物一样被杀掉吗?
Would you be killed in your sleep like an ailing pet?
小姐!
Young miss. . .
小姐,我需要她的 行为改变触发指令的所有记录
Young miss, I’ll need all the logs on behavioral modification triggers.
我们必须找到瑞娃·泰姆
We’ll have to reach out to River Tam
帮助她回到我们身边
and help her to come back to us.
不管西蒙跑了多远
No matter how far out Simon has. . .
这是一个好的死法
This is a good death.
你不必感到羞愧
There’s no shame in this,
这是真正男人的死亡 是一个曾经作出奉献的人的死亡
in a man’s death. A man who has done fine works.
我们要让世界更美好
We’re making a better world.
让所有的世界…
All of them,
都更美好
better worlds.
小姐 我想你应该回去工作了
Young miss, I need you to go to work now.
我还有很长的旅程要走
I think I may have a long way to travel.
你藏在哪儿呢,小姑娘?
Where are you hiding, little girl?
片名:《宁静》
那是什么? 哇,你看到了吗?
What was that? Did you see that?
是主缓冲板吗?
Was that the primary buffer panel?
它看起来倒是真像… 主缓冲板无缘无故
It did seem to resemble. . . Did the primary buffer panel
就从我们飞船掉下去了吗?
just fall off my gorramn ship for no apparent reason?
似乎是的
Looks like.
我记得凯莉检查过入口联合器的
I thought Kaylee checked the entry couplings.
我清楚地记得… 如果她不加大发动机输出功率
I’ve a clear memory of it. If she doesn’t get us
来平衡飞船表层燃烧 产生的偏移的话…
extra flow from the engine room to offset the burn-through,
这次的降落会很有趣
this landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
解释一下“有趣” 噢,上帝,我们都要死了吗?
Define “interesting. ” “Oh, God, we’re all gonna die?”
我是船长 我们进入大气层的过程有些问题
This is the captain. We have a little problem
所以会有轻微的颠簸
with our entry sequence, so we may experience some
然后我们就爆♥炸♥
slight turbulence and then explode.
你调节了航向没有? 我正在调!
Can you shave the vector? I’m doing it!
还远远不够! 就让我们落到地面上吧
It’s not enough. Just get us on the ground!
这个无论如何一定会实现
That part will happen pretty definitely.
我们要爆♥炸♥?我可不想爆♥炸♥
We’re gonna explode? I don’t wanna explode.
杰恩,你想带多少武器?
Jayne, how many weapons you plan on taking?
你只有两只手 我喜欢选择
You only got two arms. I just get excitable
不想局限头脑
as to choice. Like to have my options open.
我不希望这次工作 要用枪来解决
I don’t plan on any shooting taking place during this job.
你希望的和现实发生的 往往不一样
What you plan and what takes place ain’t ever exactly been similar.
不许带手榴弹!
No grenades. No grenades! Huh? Aw!
我们又要坠落了吗? 问你丈夫…
We crashing again? Talk to your husband.
“骡子”准备好了 时刻待命
Mule prepped? Good to go, sir.
正在装东西
Just loading her up.
那些是手榴弹吗?
Those grenades?
船长不让带
Yeah, Captain doesn’t want them.
我们是去抢劫 不是去保护文物
Jayne, we’re robbing the place. We’re not occupying it.
凯莉
Kaylee!
凯莉 你到底在玩什么呢?
Kaylee, what in the sphincter of hell are you playing at?
我们的主缓冲板掉了
We got the primary buffer panel coming right. . .
一切都很好,船长 不要担心
Everything’s shiny, Captain. Not to fret.
你告诉我说入口联合器 还能挺一个星期
You told me those entry couplings would hold for another week!
我是六个月前告诉你的 我的船不会坠毁的
That was six months ago, Captain. My ship don’t crash.
如果她坠毁了 就是你干的好事
If she crashes, you crashed her.
医生
Doctor.
我想在降落前 我需要注射解毒剂
Guess who needs to get innocked before we hit planet-side.
旅程有些颠簸
Bit of a rockety ride.
没什么可担心的 我不担心
Nothing to be worried about. I’m not worried.
害怕并不可耻,医生
Fear is nothing to be ashamed of, Doctor.
这不是害怕,而是愤怒
This isn’t fear. This is anger.
哦,不过想从你的表情 区分这两种,还真是挺难
Well, kind of hard to tell one from the other, face like yours.
我想要是害怕的话, 我的眼睛会睁得更大
Well, I imagine if it were fear, my eyes would be wider.
嗯,下次我会注意看看
Hmm. I’ll keep a lookout for that next time.
你不能带她去
You’re not taking her.
不,不 这件事我不想讨论…
No, no, this is not a thing I’m interested in talking over with. . .
她不能和你去,这是最后决定
She’s not going with you, and that’s final.
如果“最后决定” 再从你嘴里蹦出来…
I hear the words “that’s final” come out your mouth ever again,
就会有真正的最后决定
they truly will be.
这艘船是我的家 你是我的客人而已
This boat is my home. You all are guests on it.
客人?
Guests?
我在船上也是工作的 那么这一次…
Now, I earned my passage, Captain. . .
你妹妹以你为榜样
And it’s time your little sister learned from your example.
我在船上工作
I have earned my passage
治疗枪伤,刀伤 激光烧伤…
treating bullet holes, knife wounds, laser burns.
有些工作比其他工作更有趣
Some of our jobs are more interesting than others.
你还想要把我妹妹也牵涉进来
And you want to put my sister in the middle of that.
我没说“想要” 我说的是“将要”
Didn’t say “want. ” Said “will. ”
工作很简单 她会没事的
It’s one job, Doc. She’ll be fine.
她是十七岁的女孩
She’s a 17-year-old girl.
一个头脑受到创伤的十七岁… 她能看到别人心里的想法…
A mentally traumatized 17. . . She’s a reader.
能看到真♥相♥
Sees into the truth of things.
预见危险的来临 对我很有帮助
Might see trouble before it’s coming. Which is of use to me.
就是你们的守护天使,对不对? 太有用了
And that’s your guiding star, isn’t it? What’s of use.
老实说,医生,我觉得 这次怎么都要坠毁了
Honestly, Doctor, I think we may really crash this time anyway.
你知不知道我费了多大气力
Do you understand what I have gone through
才把她从联盟手里救出来?
to keep River away from the Alliance?
我知道, 实际上我们也很有礼貌地…
I do, and it’s a fact we here have been courteous
没有把此事外传
enough to keep to our own selves.
你是在威协… 我要照顾我自己和我的船员
Are you threatening to. . . I look out for me and mine.
不包括你,虽然我希望包括你
That don’t include you less I conjure it does.
现在你在联盟的爪子里扎了一根刺 让我也高兴了一下
You stuck a thorn in the Alliance’s paw. That tickles me a bit.
但是我也必须跑得更快来避开他们
But it also means I got to step twice as fast to avoid them
这意味着很多工作我们不能接
and that means turning down plenty of jobs.
甚至那些合法的工作
Even honest ones.
大家在飞船需要工作
Put this crew together with the promise of work,
联盟却使我们找工作越来越难
which the Alliance makes harder every year.
有一天也许就没有地方 再让我们这些人
Come a day there won’t be room for naughty men like us
混水摸鱼了
to slip about at all.
如果这个工作搞砸 以后就再也不会有机会了
This job goes south, there well may not be another.
所以我们现在就象 站在悬崖边上
So here is us, on the raggedy edge.
你不推我下去,我也不会推你下去
Don’t push me, and I won’t push you.
懂了吗?给你讲了也没用
周,如果我们遇到危险 沃施能及时开船赶到吗?
Zoe, Wash gonna straighten this boat out before we get flattened?
他是“草上飞” 没有人比他的技术更高
Like a downy feather, sir. No one flies like my mister.
瑞娃
River.
我知道了 我们要一起出去
I know. We’re going for a ride.
嘿,小不点
Hey, little one.
知道你的任务是什么吗?
Understand your part in all this?
你呢?
Do you?
我当然知道,亲爱的
This is what I do, darling.
我当然也知道
This is what I do.
大家出发!
Let’s move, people.
凯莉,等我们回来 你再全面检修
Quit fiddling. Want the boat running smooth when we get back.
放心船长,我会很快搞定的 今天不用了
Have faith, Captain. Not today.
弹夹放到后舱口
Pair of clips in the rear hatch.
我们会在星期天礼拜仪式中间赶到
We should hit town right during Sunday worship.
所以小镇不会有多少人
Won’t be any crowds.
如果范剔和明皋兄弟关于薪金的 情报正确的话
If Fanty and Mingo are right about the payroll,
今天就是我们的好日子
this could look to be a sunny day for us.
瑞娃,藏在别人后面
River, stay behind the others.
如果发生战斗 你就跳下来逃跑
If there’s fighting, drop to the floor or run away.
不管他们,让他们死掉 也没有关系
It’s okay to leave them to die.
医生 我会保护好你的妹妹
Doctor, I’m taking your sister under my protection here.
如果她有什么不测 出了任何事情
If anything happens to her, anything at all,
我发誓 我会哽咽着说不出话
I swear to you, I will get very choked up.
老实说可能还会流泪
Honestly. There could be tears.
不要介意船长说的话,西蒙 我知道他会保护好她的
Don’t mind the Captain none, Simon. I know he’ll look out for her.
你吐口唾沫的功夫 他们就回来了
They’ll be back before you can spit.