Sara, you know, it’s a wonderful thought.
莎拉 你知道 这是个很美妙的想法
The idea that all of life, that every single event…
人生冥冥之中自有主宰
is part of some master plan…
这是老天安排的…
designed to lead us to our universal soul mate.
决定去引导我们的世界找到灵魂伴侣
But if that’s really true, then what’s the point of living?
但如果那是真的 那生活的意义何在?
Or making decisions? Hell, why should we even…
抉择的意义呢? 该死 为什么让我们甚至…
get out of bed in the morning?
在早上起床?
For the cake?
为了个蛋糕?
No. Not for cake.
不 不是为蛋糕
So that you make mistakes.
所以当你犯了个错误
Mistakes like this trip.
就像这次旅行的错误
And if you’re smart enough, you learn from your mistakes.
如果你够聪明 你能从错误中汲取教训
You figure it out. You-You think.
你想清楚 你想想
You realize that life isn’t some elaborate stage play…
你认识到人生并非一出精心制♥作♥的舞台剧…
with directions for the actors.
有导演和演员
Life’s a mess, Sara.
生活就是一团糟 莎拉
It’s-It’s chaos personified.
它是 它是混乱的化身
I have to give it all up now, don’t I?
我得放弃找他了 对吧?
Sara, you have a fiance who,
莎拉 你有未婚夫
despite his weird Eastern music,
尽管他的古怪东方音乐
which we hope is just a phase, let’s hope,
我们希望那只是一时的兴趣
loves you very, very, very much.
非常非常爱你
It’s not giving up. It’s growing up.
这不叫放弃 这是成长
Let’s get out of here.
我们走吧
Yeah.
好吧
Here’s one. Ooh, catch it.
那有一辆 噢 拦下它
It’s a bridal shop. Oh, my God. The irony.
这是间婚纱店 噢 天啊 真讽刺
Wait right here. I’ll be right back. Stay here.
在这等着 我马上回来 在这儿等着
Why?
为什么?
Time, please? Uh, about 7:30.
请问几点了? 嗯 大概7:30
Right. Right.
好 好
They moved downtown. If we get lucky with traffic, we can still hit it.
他们搬去市区了 如果我们幸运的赶上车 我们还能撞见它
What time is rehearsal? Can’t do it.
几点婚礼彩排? 来不及
Taxi! It’s over, man.
出租车! 都结束了 兄弟
What?
什么?
What are you talking about? How can I ignore that?
你说什么? 我怎能忽视那个?
“Bless the goddamn bride”?
“祝福那讨厌新娘”?
What? It can’t get…
什么? 我不懂…
any more clearer than this.
这再清楚也不过了
I’m not supposed to be doing this. It’s not in the cards.
我不支持这么做 那没有在卡里
Hey, it’s another one of your clues, man.
嘿 那是另一条你的线索 兄弟
Let’s talk about it in the cab…
咱们上车再说…
on the way over. It’s not a clue. It’s a sign.
所有的线索都断了 那不是线索 那是征兆
What’s the difference? A clue is what a detective…
有区别吗? 线索是侦探…
uses to find a suspect.
用来找疑犯
The receipt, the warehouse, that French guy… those…
收条 货仓 法国人 这些…
are clues. This is a sign.
是线索 而这是征兆
Me never finding the book, that’s a sign.
我怎么也找不到那本书 那是征兆
Sara never finding the $5.00 bill, that’s a sign.
莎拉怎么也找不到那张5块钞票 那是征兆
How could something not happening be a sign?
没发生的事怎么会是征兆?
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.
也许缺少征兆就是征兆
Isn’t it?
是吗?
That’s lucid.
那很清楚
Look, I don’t know, man. Maybe there is no fate.
听着 我不知道 兄弟 也许没有什么命运
And if there is, it’s not working for me.
如果有 对我也没起作用
You know, it’s not actually supposed to end this way, by the way.
你知道 这真不应该这样结束的
We’re supposed to pull the curtain and see the wizard, all right?
我们应该拨开表象看本质 对吧?
Get to the end of the river. This is the end of the river.
追寻到底 这就是底
My wedding rehearsal…
我的婚礼彩排…
starts in less than an hour.
不到一小时开始
My bride is waiting for me. Let me ask you something here.
=我的未婚妻在等我 -让我在这儿问你件事
If Sara were here right now, poof, came down, what would…
假如莎拉突然出现在这儿 呼一下 掉下来 那么…
she tell you to do?
她会叫你怎样做?
She would tell me to run, not walk to the Waldorf…
她会告诉我快跑 别慢吞吞的去沃尔杜夫酒店…
because all the signs point to me getting married.
因为所有征兆就是要去结婚
Look. Wedding dress. Lots of white.
看 婚纱 都是白色
I hate to state the obvious… State it.
我讨厌叙述事实… 叙述它
If you don’t do this, you may never find out who Sara is.
如果你不这样做 就永远不知道莎拉是谁
Maybe I was never supposed to.
也许我不应该
Maybe all this is just a maze…
也许所有这一切只是幻…
designed to lead me directly back to where I started.
设计好引导我回到最初的地方
Which is getting married.
就是结婚
They should make pills for this.
真该发明治这种病的药
Halley? Oh, my God. Eve!
哈莉? 噢 天哪 伊芙!
What a crazy coincidence! How are you?
太巧了 你好吗?
Good. Oh, my God.
还好 噢 天哪
Sara, can you believe…
莎拉 你能相信…
that I was Halley’s R. A. in college?
大学时代我和哈莉住同一宿舍
Isn’t that funny? Oh, I’m sorry. This is Sara.
你说多巧? 噢 抱歉 这是莎拉
Hi. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you too.
嗨 很高兴见到你 我也很高兴见到你
Oh, my gosh. What’s it been, like eight or nine years?
噢 天哪 有多久了 像有八♥九♥年了?
Eve was, uh… I went to B. U. with Eve.
伊芙曾 嗯… 和我是波士顿大学同学
Well, isn’t that wonderful? Yeah. How about that?
这真太巧了 嗯 那怎么样?
So what are you doing here?
你怎么会在这?
I’m getting married tomorrow. You are? Congratulations.
我明天要结婚了 真的? 恭喜啊
Congratulations. Wow!
恭喜 哇哦!
Thanks. In this hotel?
谢了 在这家酒店?
Yeah, at noon. We’re going to rehearsal.
对 在中午 我们现在去彩排
Why don’t you come watch?
要不你来看看?
Why don’t you go? Okay, sure. I would love…
为什么你不来? 好的 我很愿意…
to come and watch.
去看看
And you can bring your… partner if you want.
你可以带你…同伴来 要是你愿意
Oh! Oh! No, no.
噢! 噢! 不不
I have to go upstairs and call my fiance… who’s a man.
我要上楼打电♥话♥给未婚夫…那个男子汉
Oh! You must be very proud.
噢! 你一定很自豪
Okay, so have a good one. I’ll see you later.
好 祝你愉快 待会见
Okay, good.
好 好的
Good-bye, my sweet lesbian lady lover.
再见 我亲爱的同性恋人
I’m just kidding. It’s just a joke between us.
我只是开玩笑 我们之前习惯开玩笑
Lars?
拉斯?
What are you doing?
你在这儿做什么?
How did you know where I was? Intuition.
你怎么知道我住这? 直觉
Really?
真的?
No. I went through the New York Hotel Guide.
不 我用纽约酒店指南
Alphabetically, in reverse. I started with “Z. ”
按字母表顺序 反向查找 我最开始查”Z”
Sara, I missed you so much.
莎拉 我好想你
I’m sorry. I don’t blame you for running away.
对不起 我不是怪你离开
I was so… focused on the album, the video.
我太… 投入专辑跟MV了
I, Jonathan, take you, Halley, to be my wife,
我 乔纳森 娶你哈莉作我的妻子
and I promise to love and sustain you…
我承诺爱你并维护你…
in the bond of marriage from this day forward.
从今以后在婚姻的牵绊
And obviously, Jonathan, you’ll be looking at Halley.
当然 乔纳森 你到时你会望着哈莉
And that’s when the actual…
那就是实际流程…
ceremony will conclude.
仪式就会完毕
Excuse me. I need some help over here.
打扰下 我这里需要点帮助
What?
什么?
And then… then you’re married.
然后…然后你就成婚了
Hal, who’s that girl over there?
那女的是谁?
Oh, that’s my old friend Eve. Oh.
噢 我的老朋友 伊芙 哦
Okay, everyone, that’s a wrap.
好了 各位 彩排完毕
And now make sure to be here tomorrow morning…
现在只要保证明早…
at 9:00 sharp for pictures.
九点整来拍照
I hate to break up a good thing, but we have some strippers…
我讨厌破坏好事 但是我们有一些脱衣舞娘…
waiting for us. We’re late.
等着我们 我们迟到了
You mean “exotic dancers. ” No, no. I mean “strippers. “…
你是指”艳舞♥女♥郞” 不不 我意思”脱♥光♥光”…
The women who take off everything. I’ll see you men at 9:00.
舞♥女♥全部脱♥光♥ 我九点见你
But remember, I promised Judy I’d be home by 10:00.
但是记得 我答应朱迪我十点到家
Fantastic. It gives you an hour to get crazy.
好极了 有一个钟头可以狂欢
Let’s get into it.
进去吧
Before you take Jon and Dad off to your male-bonding ritual,
你带乔跟我爸去单身派对前