Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐
Excuse me.
让一让
Wooh! Sorry. I’m sorry.
噢! 对不起 对不起
Do you want these?
你要买♥♥这双吗?
No. Please. You go ahead. It’s the last one.
你要吧 不要紧 只剩下这对
Uh, miss, do you have another pair of these black cashmere gloves?
嗯 小姐 还有另外黑色开士米羊毛的手套吗?
Whatever’s out is what we have. You don’t have a stockroom?
我们有的都摆出来了 你们仓库里呢?
No. No. We don’t have an attic either.
没有 没有 我们也没有阁楼
Or a basement?
或者地下储藏室呢?
Um, listen, you take ’em. I don’t need ’em.
嗯 听着 你要吧 我无所谓 嗯
No, no, no. You saw them first. I…
不不不 你先看到它们的
Please. I insist.
请拿着 我坚持
Take them. Wait a minute. Oh! Oh!
拿着吧 等等 噢! 噢!
Excuse me, sir. These are ours. Yeah?
对不起 先生 这手套是我们的 嗯?
Oh. Your gloves? How come? They’re just sort of hanging there,
哦 你们的手套? 怎么会? 它们刚才还挂在这里
sleeping with their little price tag on.
标签都还没有摘掉
We were just discussing them, all right?
我没刚才还在讨论它们 对吧?
Well, I have news for you.
好 不如这样
You can go on discussing them long after I’ve paid for them.
你们继续讨论 我去付钱
Calm down, all right? Calm down? It’s five days…
冷静些 好吗? 冷静? 只有5天…
before Christmas.
过圣诞节
I’m in the middle of a New York department store.
我在纽约市中心的百货商店
He’s asking me to calm down.
他还叫我冷静
Well, these were meant to be a very special gift for someone.
好 手套作为一件特殊礼物送给朋友的
Yeah, we put quite a lot of thought into those.
对 我们费尽心思才选中的
Isn’t that right?
对吧?
Well, who were they for? My boyfriend.
那好 送给谁? 我的男友
My girlfriend.
我女朋友
Her boyfriend. His girlfriend.
她男朋友 他女朋友
One pair of gloves for two people?
一双手套送两人?
This is hard to explain. Try.
那很难解释 尽管解释
All right. Go ahead.
好 你说
Oh. Uh, well, he is at the present time my boyfriend.
噢 嗯 他目前是我的男友
But in 18 months…
但是18个月后…
After the operation…
手术后…
He will be… She will be…
他将会… 她将会…
My girlfriend. Do you understand?
我女朋友 懂了吗?
That didn’t really work out.
确实很难明白
No, but Merry Christmas anyway. Thank you very much.
是 还是祝你们圣诞快乐 非常感谢
Well, you earned these. That was quick on your feet.
嗯 你应得 你足够机智
Thanks. It was a team effort. Yeah, it was. It was.
谢谢 全靠你配合 嗯 对
I don’t know how to thank you. Well…
我不知道怎么感谢你 嗯…
Ah, well.
嗯
They’re ready for you guys.
里面还有位子
Thank you.
谢谢
I don’t know what you said to that guy makes any sense.
我真不知道刚那人能懂不
But I think we scared the bejesus out of him.
但我想我们是吓到他了
You were pretty fierce.
你真够激动的
This will work, though. This is quite a coffee.
这确实挺管用 这蛮像咖啡味道
But I’m serious about the check. It’s the least I can do.
一定要让我请客 这是我至少能做的
Well, thank you, but, see,
嗯 谢谢 但这样一来
now I have to go find something else for my girlfriend.
我得另外找一份礼物给我女朋友了
Oh, they were for your girlfriend. Yes, they were.
噢 你打算买♥♥给你女友 是的
Oh, I can’t accept them then. Well, you have to.
噢 我怎能接受 你一定要接受
Otherwise you won’t treat. Really.
不然你真不能请客
Let me tell you something. This is the ultimate blend to drink.
让我告诉你 这终极混合冷饮
Where did you find this place? I first came in…
你怎么找到这家店的? 第一次来
because of the name.
是因为这家店的名字
Hmm. Serendipity. It’s one…
嗯 “情有独钟”那是一个…
of my favorite words.
我最喜欢的一个词
It is? Why? Uhhuh.
是吗? 为什么? 嗯哼
‘Cause it’s such a nice sound for what it means: a fortunate accident.
因为它好听具有深意就像是:幸运的邂逅
Mm. Except I don’t really…
嗯 除了我不…
believe in accidents.
相信邂逅
I think fate’s behind everything. Oh, you do?
我认为一切命中注定 噢 你认为?
Yeah. Fate’s behind everything?
是 一切命中注定?
I think so. Everything’s predestined?
我认为是 一切命中注定
We don’t have any choice at all? I think we make our own decisions.
我们没有任何选择吗? 我认为我们能自己做决定
I just think that fate sends us little signs,
我只认为命运给我们一丝征兆
and it’s how we read the signs that determines whether…
然后如何去解读才是决定…
we’re happy or not.
我们快乐与否
Little signals. Yeah. Yeah.
一丝征兆 嗯 是
Fortunate accidents. Lucky discoveries.
幸运的邂逅 幸运的发现
Columbus in America.
哥伦布发现美洲
Yeah, or Fleming discovering penicillin.
嗯 或弗莱明发明盘尼西林
Penicillin.
盘尼西林
Fleming is his name? Yes.
弗莱明是他名字? 是
Or “Jonathan and the Gloves. “…
或”乔纳森与手套”…
I don’t know that one. You don’t know that story?
我倒没听过那个 没听过那个故事?
It’s an old folk tale classic.
那是非常经典的民间传说
Our hero, Jonathan, goes out in search of black gloves.
我们的主角 乔纳森 四处寻找黑手套
And in a perfect act of “serendipiocity”…
在一次机缘巧合
or “serendipaciousness, “…
或者机缘巧遇之下…
he runs into a beautiful, attractive English girl with a boyfriend.
他邂逅了一位美丽迷人 名花有主的英国佳丽
You have a boyfriend, right?
你有男友 对吧?
Yeah, I do. That’s what I thought.
嗯 我有 不出所料
And you have the glove lady. Yes, I do.
你也有得到这手套的女友 对 我有
Mmhmm. It was a very nice time.
嗯哼 今晚过得很愉快
Well, I hope you enjoy the gloves you bought yourself.
我希望你喜欢自己买♥♥的这双手套
Oh, I’m sure I will.
噢 我一定会满意的
I usually appreciate my own thoughtfulness.
我一般都满意自己挑选的
What do you want for Christmas?
你自己想要什么圣诞礼物?
Golf clubs. Oh.
高尔夫球杆 噢
So you’re gonna meet your boyfriend now or what?
你现在是去见男友还是做什么?
No, I think he’s probably out doing what you’re doing.
不 我想他可能在做你现在做的事
Getting a crush on someone else’s girlfriend?
迷上人家的女友?
No, I’m sorry. I just meant to say I had a really great time.
不 对不起 我意思是今晚过得很开心
You know, maybe you should give me your phone number,
你知道的 或许给我你的电♥话♥
you know, just in case.
你知道的 以防万一
In case of what? You know, in case of life.
万一什么? 万一再见不到你
I just had a great time, and I’d never be able to find you again.
我也很愉快 就怕没机会再见面
Well, if we’re meant to meet again, then we’ll meet again.
有缘千里能相会
It’s just not the right time now.
只是现在时间不早了
Maybe we were supposed to meet on British time…
也许可以改用英国时间…
and we’re five hours too early.
那样我们就早5小时了
Come on. I don’t even know your name.
拜托 我连你名字都不知道
My name is Jonathan.
我叫乔纳森
Does that make you wanna tell me something?
你没有什么想告诉我吗?
Yeah, it does.
嗯 有
Merry Christmas, Jonathan. And thanks.
圣诞快乐 乔纳森 再次感谢
That’s it?
就这样?
Oh, Jesus, I’m sorry about that.
噢 天哪 真抱歉
I think I left a scarf.
我想我围巾落下了
No. Nothing down here. Why don’t you go upstairs?
没有 下面什么都没有 为什么你不到楼上看看?
Maybe it’s still there. Thank you.
也许还在那儿 谢谢
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Let’s go do something.
一起去逛逛吧
All right. What you wanna do?
好呀 你想去哪里呢?
I don’t care.
无所谓
All right. Come on.
好 这边
Now, promise me you’re not just visiting here for a week…
现在 答应我你不是只来这儿观光一周…
or marrying somebody to get a green card or on parole.
或为了得到绿卡嫁给某人或在假释中
None of the above. You?
都不是 你呢?
No, no, no. Proud U. S. citizen. No criminal record.
不不不 自豪的美国公民 没有一点犯罪记录
So you won’t tell me your name.
所以你不告诉我你的名字
Well, tell me, uh, what do you miss most about Mother England?
嗯 告诉我 故乡英格兰的什么让你最为牵挂?
I miss my mom terribly.
我最牵挂我的妈妈
If I were her, I’d miss you too.
要是我是你妈妈 也会牵挂你的
Okay. Favorite movie.
好 你最喜欢哪部电影