For heaven’s sake, Willoughby, tell me what is wrong.
看在老天份上 卫乐比 告诉我怎么回事
Thank you. I am most obliged.
谢谢 我很感激
Excuse me, I must rejoin my party.
恕我失陪 朋友在等我
Ah, Willoughby
啊 卫乐比
Go to him, Elinor. Force him to come to me instantly.
去找他 爱琳娜 叫他马上过来
Marianne, you must come away.
玛丽安 我们走吧
Do you know them? Acquaintances from the country.
你认识她们吗 乡下来的
Indeed. Wearing their country fashions, I see.
确实 穿着乡下流行的衣服 我懂了
Come away, dearest.
走吧 亲爱的
Come away.
走吧
I do not understand. I must speak to him.
我不懂 我一定要跟他说清楚
My goodness. Come, dear. You need some air.
天啊 走 亲爱的 出去透透气
Lucy! Come, dear. We must go.
露西 我们要走了
Oh, we’re leaving so soon?
哦 我们这么快就走了
If I might be so bold, Mr jennings. It would be our pleasure to escort your young charge home.
如果我们能送她回家 这将是我们的荣幸
How very kind. That is very handsome of you.
你人真好 你这样做很帅气
She actually sent him messages during the night?
她真的在晚上叫人捎信给他
Yes, indeed.
是啊
Marianne, please tell me. Do not ask me questions.
玛丽安 拜托你告诉我 别问我
You have no confidence in me.
你都不信任我
This reproach from you? You who confide in no one?
你自己还不是都不说
I have nothing to tell. Nor I. Neither of us have anything to tell.
我没有什么好说的 那我们都没话可说
I, because I conceal nothing. You, because you communicate nothing.
毕竟我是毫无秘密 你则是守口如瓶
I do wish Lady Charteris would limit her invitation list. It was very warm.
查夫人应该别请这么多客人 昨晚可把我给热死了
I am glad we left early.
幸好我们能提早离开
There now.
来了吧
Lovers’ quarrels are swift to heal. That letter will do the trick. Mark my words.
爱人吵得凶也去得快 看了信准没事 记住我说的
I must be off.
我得走了
I do hope he doesn’t keep her waiting much longer.
希望他别让她等太久
It hurts to see her looking so forlorn.
真不忍♥心看她如此难过
Pigeon, Pigeon! What a welcome I had from Edward’s family, Miss Dashwood.
皮基安 皮基安 爱德华的家人都很欢迎我
I’m surprised you never mentioned how agreeable your sister-in-law is.
你大嫂人这么好 你都没说 还有罗伯特人也是
And Mr. Robert. All so affable.
罗伯特先生也很和蔼可亲
It is perhaps fortunate that none of them knows of your engagement. Excuse me.
幸好他们都不知道你的秘密 失陪了
“Dear Madam,
“亲爱的小姐
“I am quite at a loss to discover how I might have offended you.
我完全不清楚有何无礼之处”
“My esteem for your family is very sincere
“我对你的家人极其真诚”
but if I have given rise to a belief of more than I felt or meant to express,
“但如果我行为 若有任何误导之嫌”
“I shall reproach myself for not having been more guarded.
“我后悔自己不够谨慎”
“My affections have long been engaged elsewhere.
“我心早有所属”
“It is with regret that I return your letters and the lock of hair which you so obligingly bestowed upon me.
“很遗憾得奉还来函 及你相赠之秀发”
“I am, et cetera, John Willoughby.”
“谨此 约翰卫乐比”
Oh, Marianne.
哦 玛丽安
Dearest…
亲爱的
It is best to know what his intentions are at once.
一次性知道他的想法更好
Think what you would have felt if your engagement carried on for months and months
这总比订下婚约许久后
before he chose to put an end to it.
他才反悔得好
We’re not engaged.
我们没有婚约
But you wrote to him. I thought he left you with some kind of understanding.
但你给他写信 我以为你们有了约定
No.

He’s not so unworthy as you think.
他没你想像中那么坏
Not so unworthy? Did he tell you that he loved you?
没那么坏 他有没有说他爱你
Yes.

No.
没有
Never absolutely.
没明白的说
It was every day implied but never declared.
常有暗示但没明说
Sometimes I thought it had been, but it never was. He broke no vow.
有时我以为说了 但却不是 他没违背誓言
He’s broken faith with all of us! He made us all believe he loved you!
他辜负了我们的信任 他让我们都以为他爱你
He did! He did. He loved me as I loved him.
他是爱我的 他爱我像我爱他一样
I had to come straight up. How are you, Miss Marianne?
我刚刚听说了 你还好吧 玛丽安
Poor thing, she looks very bad.Just no wonder, Miss dashwood. for it is but too true.
可怜 她看来好伤心 也难怪 一点也错不了
I was told in the street here by Miss Morton, a very great friend,
我在街上听莫小姐说
he is to be married in this month to a Miss Grey with 50,000 pounds!
他即将迎娶 身价5万镑的盖小姐为妻
Well, said I, if it’s true, then he is a good-for-nothing who’s used my young friend abominably ill.
若是真的 那他就是狼心狗肺的东西
And I wish with all my soul that his wife might plague his heart out.
我希望他被老婆折磨一辈子
Oh, my dear. He’s not the only young man worth having.
哦 亲爱的 世上又不只他一个男人
With your pretty face you’ll never want for admirers.
你那么漂亮 还怕没人要吗
Better let her have her cry out and have done with it.
最好让她发泄一下 哭完就没事了
I will go look out something to tempt her.
我去给她买♥♥点东西安慰她
Does she care for olives?
她喜不喜欢橄榄
I cannot tell you.
我不清楚
Apparently, they never were engaged.
他们显然并无婚约
Miss Grey has 50,000 pounds. Marianne is virtually penniless.
盖小姐有5万英镑 玛丽安却穷得很
She couldn’t expect him to go through with it.
她不能指望人家娶她
But I feel for Marianne.
但我替玛丽安惋惜
She will lose her bloom and end a spinster like Elinor.
她会变得憔悴 和爱琳娜一样变成老处♥女♥
I think we might consider having them stay with us for a few days. We are, after all, family.
我们不妨请她们来住几天 毕竟我们是一家人
And my father… My love,
何况父亲 亲爱的
I would ask them with all my heart, but I’ve already asked Miss Steele for a visit.
我非常赞成 但我已经邀请了史小姐
And we cannot deprive Mrs. Jennings of all her company at once.
我们不能让詹太太没了伴
We can invite your sisters some other year, you know.
我们可以改年再邀请你妹妹
And Miss Steele will profit more from your generosity.
史小姐才真的需要招待 可怜的女孩
Poor girl.
可怜的孩子
Excellent notion.
好主意
Colonel Brandon to see you, Miss Dashwood.
布上校来看您了 戴小姐
Thank you so much for coming.
谢谢你来
How is your sister?
令妹怎么样
I must get her home as quickly as possible.
我得尽快送她回家
The Palmers can take us for their home at Cleveland, which is but a day from Barton.
巴先生可带我们至他家 离巴顿有一天车程
Then permit me to accompany you and take you straight on from Cleveland to Barton myself.
我亲自送你们到回家
I confess that is precisely what I had hoped for.
我就希望你能帮忙
Marianne suffers cruelly.
玛丽安受了很大的打击
What pains me most is how hard she tries to justify Mr. Willoughby.
令我最难过的是 她还替卫乐比辩解
But you know her disposition.
但你知道她的性情
Perhaps…
也许
I…

Miss Dashwood, would you allow me to relate some circumstances
我能否说明一件事
which nothing but only a desire of being useful…
我是纯粹出自好意
You have something to tell me of Mr. Willoughby?
是有关卫乐比的事
When I quitted Barton last…
我离开巴顿的时候
No, I must go further back.
不 还要更早
No doubt…
毫无疑问
No doubt,
毫无疑问
Mrs. Jennings has apprised you of certain events in my past.
想必詹太太跟你谈过我的过去
The sad outcome of my connection with a young woman named Eliza.
我跟伊丽莎交往的不幸结局
What is not commonly known is that
大家不知道的是
is that 20 years ago, before she died, Eliza bore an illegitimate child.
20年前 她去世前生下一名私生女
The father, whoever he was, abandoned them.
孩子的父亲将她们遗弃
As Eliza lay dying, she begged me to look after the child.
伊丽莎临终前 求我替她照顾小孩
I had failed Eliza in every other way, I could not refuse her now.
我对不起她 此刻哪能拒绝
I took the child, Beth is her name, and placed her with a family in the country
我把孩子贝丝 带到乡下
where I can be sured she would be well looked after. I saw her whenever I could.
请人照顾 我尽可能常去看她
She grew up so headstrong,
长大后她脾气非常倔强
and, God forgive me, I indulged her, I allowed her too much freedom.
上帝原谅我 我太宠她 让她太自♥由♥了
Almost a year ago she disappeared. Disappeared?
约一年前 她失踪了 失踪了
I instigated a search, but for eight months I was left to imagined the worst.
我请人寻找 但八个月来杳无音讯
At last, on the day of the Delaford picnic, I received the first news of her.
但在野餐那天 我得到了她的消息
She was with child.
她 怀孕了
And the blackguard who had left her with no hint of his whereabouts…
那男的离她而去 不知去向
Oh, good God.
哦 天哪
Do you mean Willoughby?
你是指卫乐比
Lady Allen had learned of his behavior and turned him from the house.
我还没去找他证实 艾夫人听说后便撵他走
He fled to London. Yes, he left us that morning without any explanation.
他就跑来伦敦 他那天没解释就走了
Lady Allen had annulled his legacy. He was left with next to nothing.
艾夫人取消让他继承遗产 他一无所有了
And in danger of losing Combe Magna, and all the money that remained to his debtors.
他的庄园可能要用来抵债
So he abandoned Marianne…
所以他舍弃玛丽安
for Miss Grey and her 50,000 pounds.
去娶有钱的盖小姐为妻
Is Beth still in town?
贝丝还在城里吗
She has chosen to go to the country for her confinement.
她选择回乡下待产
I would not burden you, Miss Dashwood, had I not, from my heart,
我说这些不是要让你难过 戴小姐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!