and both the Misses Dashwood, to join me.
和两位戴小姐同行
Splendid idea. London?
绝妙的主意 伦敦
Can I go? Can I go? You know perfectly you’re too young.
我可以去吗 你还小
I shall convey you all to my house in Chelsea, and we will taste the delights of the season. What say you?
你们跟我住在雀尔喜 享受社交季节的活动
Oh, please can I go? I’m 12 soon!
哦 我能去么 我马上就12岁了
Mr. Palmer, do you not long to have the Misses Dashwood come to London?
巴先生 她们就要去伦敦了
I came into Devonshire with no other views.
我来就为了此事
Mrs. Jennings, you are very kind but we can’t leave our mother.
詹太太 你真好 但我们不能丢下家母一个人
Your mother can spare you very well! Of course I can.
她不必你们操心 当然不用操心
Of course she can! I could not be more delighted. It is exactly what I would wish.
一点也没错 我高兴都来不及 求之不得
I will brook no refusal, Miss Dashwood. Let us strike hands on the bargain.
我不许你拒绝 戴小姐 我们来握手约定
And if I don’t have you married by Michaelmas, it will not be my fault.
如果你们九月还结不了婚 那就不是我的错啰
I was never so grateful in all my life as I am to Mrs. Jennings.
我从来没这么感激过
I shall see Willoughby, and you will see Edward.
我可以见到卫乐比了 你也可以见到爱德华
Are you asleep?
你睡着了
With you in the room?
有你在我睡得着吗
I do not believe you feel as calm as you look. Not even you.
你心里不可能像外表般平静
Oh, I will never sleep tonight.
我今晚睡不着了
What were you and Miss Steele talking about so long?
你跟史小姐说了什么 说这么久
Nothing of significance.
没什么重要的
How do you think I live poking about in that great house all by myself
我自己一人怎会去住那大房♥子
when I’ve been used to having Charlotte until she had a baby.
当我习惯有女儿陪着直到她有了孩子
I have written to Edward, Miss Dashwood. and yet I do not know how much I may see of him.
我写信给爱德华了 但不知我们能见几次面
Secrecy is vital. He’ll never be able to call.
保密非常重要 他不能来找我
I should imagine not.
我猜也是
It’s so hard. My only comfort has been the constancy of his affection.
生活如此艰难 还好他对我始终如一
You’re fortunate, over such a lengthy engagement,
你很幸运 这么久了
never to have had any doubts on that score.
你们之间没有疑虑
Oh. I’m of rather a jealous nature.
我可是个醋坛子
Had he talked more of one young woman than any other…
如果他多谈论哪个小姐
But he’s never given a moment’s alarm on that count.
但他从来没让我♥操♥心过
Imagine how glad he’ll be to learn that we are friends.
我们成了朋友 他一定很开心
There you are , Pigeon. Have you missed me? Very much, ma’am.
皮基安 想不想我 想极了 夫人
Eh, you always say so and I never believe you.
你总是这样说 我不信
I trust everything is in order? In good order, ma’am, though I might suggest the ordering of coal.
一切都很好吧 很好 但可能要买♥♥煤炭
Don’t talk to me of coals.
别和我谈论煤炭
There you are, Pooter. Still alive, I see. Tea, Pigeon, tea.
鹦鹉 你还活着 快泡茶 皮基安
Yes, ma’am. Hello, my dears.
是 夫人 你好啊 亲爱的
Well, you do not waste any time. Give it to Pigeon. He’ll see to it.
你真是分秒必争 交给皮基安处理
Let us hope they are definitely engaged.
让我们希望他们已经订婚了
Mrs. Jennings says your sister will buy her wedding clothes in town.
詹太太说令妹要买♥♥婚纱
Indeed, Miss Steele, I know of no such plan.
事实上 史小姐 我不知道有这样的计划
John and Fanny are in town. We shall be forced to see them.
约翰和芬妮在镇上 我们得去见他们
I think it was for next door.
是找隔壁的
Yes, you’re right.
嗯 你是对的
Marianne, do sit down for two seconds together.
你坐下吧
You’re making me nervous.
你这样让我好紧张
Good afternoon, sir. Good afternoon.
下午好 先生 下午好
Shh.
嘘
Oh, Elinor, it is Willoughby.
爱琳娜 是卫乐比
Indeed it is.
是真的
Oh.
哦
Excuse me, colonel.
对不起 上校
Colonel.
上校
What a pleasure to see you.
真高兴见到你
Have you been in London all this while?
你一直在伦敦吗
Forgive me, Miss Dashwood.
对不起 戴小姐
I have heard reports through town that…
我在镇上听到消息
Tell me once and for all:
请你直接了当的说吧
Is everything resolved between your sister and Mr. Willoughby?
令妹跟卫先生的事决定了没
Though neither one has informed me of their understanding,
他们都没告诉我是否有约定
I have no doubt of their mutual affection.
但我知道他们是彼此相爱
Thank you, Miss Dashwood.
谢谢你 戴小姐
To your sister, I wish all imaginable happiness.
我祝令妹一切美满幸福
To Mr. Willoughby, that he may endeavour to deserve her.
至于卫先生 愿他好自为之让她幸福
What do you mean?
这是什么意思
Forgive me, I…
请原谅 我
Forgive me.
原谅我
Where is dear Edward, John? We expect to see him daily.
约翰 爱德华呢 我们期待每天都见到他
And who is dear Edward, may I ask? Who, indeed.
爱德华是谁 到底是谁
My brother, Mrs. Jennings. Mr. Edward Ferrars.
是舍弟 詹太太 爱德华费洛斯
Indeed. Is that Ferrars with an F?
费洛斯是F开头吗
Are there any messages, Pigeon? No.
有没有消息 皮基安 没有
No messages at all? No cards? None.
什么都没有 没卡片 没有
I notice you do not inquire for your messages. No, indeed, for I do not expect any.
你都不问有没有信 对 我没有等信
I have no… Very little acquaintance in town.
我在这里没有什么熟人
I don’t want to hear another word about the ham bone, Pigeon.
别跟我嘀咕
You and Cartwright must sort that out between you.
你们自己去解决
No messages, ma’am
没有消息 夫人
Now, do not fret, my dear.
别着急 亲爱的
I have been told that this good weather is keeping many of our sportsmen in the country at present.
因为天气很好 很多人到乡下打球
But the frost will soon drive them to town. Depend on it.
但一下霜 他们保证很快就回来
Of course. I had not thought of that.
我怎么没想到
Thank you, Mrs. Jennings.
谢谢你 詹夫人
And Miss Dashwood may set her heart at rest,
戴小姐可以放心了
for I overheard your sister-in-law say she is to invite the elusive Mr. F to the ball tonight!
听说你大嫂 今晚要邀请F先生参加舞会
Do be careful, dears, the horses have been here.
小心马粪
It is beginning to rain also. Follow me.
快下雨了 跟我来
Oh, Mama! This is very merry!
妈 好热闹啊
Do you spy anyone we know? Ask Mr. Palmer to look. He has a better view.
有没认识的人 巴先生比较高 叫他看
Mr. Palmer, do you see anyone of our acquaintance?
巴先生 有看到熟人吗
Unfortunately not.
可惜没有
How can you be such a tease Mr. Palmer? There is Mrs. John Dashwood. I can see her for myself.
你真爱捉弄人 那不是约翰戴·虚伍夫人吗
Mrs. Dashwood! Yoo-hoo!
戴夫人
Come along, my dears.
亲爱的 快跟我来
There you are!
你们在这里
Mrs. Jennings. Goodness, how hot it is.
詹夫人 天啊 这里好热
You are not alone, I trust?
你有伴吧
Indeed, no. John is just gone to fetch my brother. They’ve been eating ices.
没有伴 约翰去找舍弟了 他们在吃冰
Your brother! I declare, this is good news, indeed. At long last…
令弟来了 真是好消息
Miss Dashwood, I declare, l shall faint clean away.
戴小姐 我一定马上昏倒
Mrs. Jennings, I am pleased to see you.
詹太太 真高兴见到你
May I present my brother-in-law, Mr. Robert Ferrars.
这位是我的小舅子 罗伯特·费洛斯
Miss Dashwood, Miss Steele, Miss Marianne.
戴小姐 史小姐 玛丽安
My dear ladies, we meet at last.
各位小姐 我们终于见面了
You must be the younger brother. Is Mr. Edward not here?
你是弟弟吗 爱德华没来吗
Miss Dashwood was counting on him.
戴小姐以为他会来
He is far too busy.
他太忙了
There’s no special acquaintance here to make his attendance worthwhile.
况且这里没他认识的人 来了没啥意思
I declare, I do not know what the young men are about these days? Are they all in hiding?
时下的年青人都在做什么 全都躲起来了
Come, Mr. Robert. In the absence of your brother, you must dance with Miss Dashwood.
罗伯特先生 过来 既然你哥哥没来 你得和戴小姐跳支舞
It would be my honour.
这是我的荣幸
And perhaps Miss Steele might consider reserving the allemande?
或许史小姐也能赏光
You reside in Devonshire, I believe, Miss Dashwood?
戴小姐 你住在迪凡郡吧
Yes.
对
In a cottage? Yes.
住的是一间小屋 是的
I am excessively fond of a cottage.
我非常喜欢小屋
If I had any money to spare, I should build one myself.
我若有余钱 也会盖一间
Mr. Willoughby.
卫先生
How do you do, Miss Dashwood? I’m very well, thank you.
你好吗 戴小姐 很好 谢谢
How is your family? We are all extremely well.
家人好吗 我们都很好
Thank you for your kind enquiry.
谢谢你的关心
Willoughby!
卫乐比
Good God, Willoughby.
天啊 卫乐比
Will you not shake hands with me?
你不跟我握手吗
How do you do, Miss Marianne?
你好 玛丽安
Willoughby, what is the matter?
卫乐比怎么了
Why have you not come to see me?
你怎么都不来看我
Were you not in London? Have you not received my letters?
你之前不在伦敦吗 有没有收到我的信
I had the pleasure of receiving the information you sent to me.
谢谢你写信给我