and then you’ll have nothing left to talk of and the relationship will be over.
你们就没有话题了
I suppose I erred against decorum.
我想我的确不矜持
I should’ve been dull and spiritless and talked only of the weather or the situation of the roads.
我应该只谈天气或者路况
No, but Mr. Willoughby can be in no doubt of your enthusiasm for him.
卫先生完全知道你对他的兴趣
Why should he doubt it? Why Should I hide my regard?
为啥他要怀疑 我♥干♥嘛要隐藏
No particular reason, only that we know so little of him.
没有特殊原因 毕竟我们对他所知不多
Time alone does not determine intimacy.
亲密程度不在时间长短
Seven years would be insufficient too make some people acquainted with each other,
有些人相处七年还是不熟
and seven days could be more than enough for others.
但对有些人而言七天已足够
Or seven hours, in this case.
或者只要七个小时 像你这样
I feel I know Mr. Willoughby already.
我觉的我已经了解卫先生了
Had I more shallow feelings, I could perhaps conceal them as you do.
我要是隐藏我的感觉 才会跟你一样
Marianne, that is not fair.
玛丽安 这可不公平
I’m sorry, Elinor. I did not mean…
对不起 爱琳娜 我不是故意的
Don’t trouble yourself, Marianne.
用不着解释 玛丽安
I do not understand her, mama.
我真不了解她 妈妈
Marianne.
玛丽安
Haven’t you finished yet? No. Patience.
画完了没 还没 要有耐心
Surely you’re not going to deny us beef as well as sugar?
糖不买♥♥了 牛肉也不买♥♥了吗
There is nothing under ten pence a pound, Mama. We have to economize.
没有低于10便士的一磅东西了 我们得省着用
Do you want us to starve?
你要我们饿肚子吗
No. Just not to eat beef.
不是 只是不吃牛肉
If there was any true impropriety in my behavior, I should be sensible of it, Elinor.
如果我的行为真的失当 我自己清楚
It has already exposed you to some very impertinent remarks.
外面已经传得很难听了
Do you not begin to doubt your own discretion?
你不觉得你应该反省吗
If the impertinent remarks are such of a Mrs. Jennings are proof of impropriety,
若要理会詹太太的话
then we’re all offending every moment to our lives.
那我们不就都难过死了
Good morning, colonel.
早 上校
Miss Dashwood, Miss Marianne, I come to issue you an invitation.
戴小姐 玛丽安 我是来邀请你们的
A picnic on my estate at Delaford.
我要在庄园举办野餐
If you would care to join us on Thursday next.
请你们参加 是在下星期四
Mrs. Jennings’ daughter and husband are travelling up especially.
詹太太的女儿和女婿也会来
We should be delighted, colonel.
我们很乐意参加 上校
I will, of course, be including Mr. Willoughby in the party.
我当然也会邀请卫先生
I should be delighted to join you.
我很乐意参加
Good morning, Miss Dashwood. Good morning, colonel.
早安 戴小姐 早 上校
Good morning, Mr. Willoughby. The colonel has invited us to Delaford.
早安 卫先生 上校邀请我们去他家作客
Excellent.
太棒了
I understand you have a particularly fine pianoforte, colonel.
听说你有部好钢琴 上校
A Broadwood Grand. A Broadwood Grand?
布洛伍钢琴 布洛伍钢琴
Then I shall really be able to play for you all. We shall look forward to it.
那我可以弹给你们听 我们等不及了
Good day. Walk on, walk on.
好天气 走 走
Goodbye.
再见
Your sister seems very happy.
令妹看起来很开心
Yes.
是啊
Marianne does not approve of hiding her emotions
她这个人从不隐藏情绪
In fact, her romantic prejudices have the unfortunate tendency to set propriety at naught.
她对爱情的定义 往往使她忘了礼仪
She is wholly unspoilt. Rather too unspoilt, in my view.
她真是天真浪漫 是太天真了 在我眼里
The sooner she is acquainted with the ways of the world, the better.
她愈早认清这个世界愈好
I knew a lady very like your sister.
我认识一个人很像令妹
The same impulsive sweetness of temper,
个性一样冲动 可爱
who was forced into, as you put it, a better acquaintance with the world.
后来她被迫认清了这个世界
The result was only ruination and despair.
结果是痛苦绝望
Do not desire it, Miss Dashwood.
能免则免 戴小姐
Colonel Brandon’s lawn is perfect for kite launching.
布上校的草坪最适合放风筝了
We must test your sky kite. Mind the pretty ribbons. Set that in there.
我们必须试试的你的风筝 要小心彩带 放那边
Imagine my surprise when Charlotte and her master appeared with Lucy.
我事前不知道 夏洛特一家人跟表妹露西会来
The last person I expected to see.
真是太意外了
She probably came to join in the fun, There are no funds for such luxuries at home, poor thing.
她是来玩的 家里没钱办活动
I’d not seen you for so long dear Mrs. Jennings. I couldn’t resist the opportunity.
好久没见到你 詹太太 我无法拒绝这个机会
You sly thing! It was the Miss Dashwoods she wanted to see, not Delaford.
你骗人 你是要见戴小姐
I have heard nothing but “Miss Dashwood this, Miss Dashwood that” for I don’t know how long.
她整天戴小姐长 戴小姐短的
And what do you think now you do see them, Lucy?
露西 你见着了 觉得如何
My mother has talked of nothing else in her letters since you came to Barton.
母亲在信里都写你们的事
Are they not the creatures she describes? Nothing like.
妈形容得一点也没错吧 错得离谱
Oh! Mr. Palmer, dou you konw you are quite rude today?
哦 巴先生 你知道你今天真没礼貌么
He’s to be an MP, Miss Dashwood. and it is very fatiguing for him,
他要当议员 可累坏了
for he is forced to make everybody like him. He says it’s quite shocking.
因为他要讨所有人喜欢 他说这太骇人了
I said nothing so irrational.
我哪会说这种离谱的话
Mr. Palmer’s so droll. He’s always out of humour.
巴先生很古怪 他不懂幽默
Oh! Here he comes! Now you shall see, Charlotte.
他来了 夏洛特 你快看看
Hello, Mr. Willoughby!
卫先生 你好
Come, you must meet my daughter, Charlotte, and Mr. Palmer.
来见见我女儿夏洛特和巴先生
How do you do? And our little cousin, Miss Lucy Steele.
你好 和我的小表妹 史露西
Welcome to our party, Miss Steele
欢迎 史小姐
Turn about. Come round, boys, come round.
转向 出发
I know Mr. Willoughby extremely well. It’s not fair to say…
我很了解卫先生 这样说不公平
May I beg a seat beside you? Miss Dashwood.
我能坐你旁边吗 戴小姐
I’ve so longed to make your better acquaintance. I’ve heard nothing but the highest praise of you.
我早就想认识你 大家对你推崇之至
I would be delighted.
我很开心
But Sir John and Mrs. Jennings are too excessive in their compliments.
是约翰爵士他们太会夸奖人了
Oh, no. I am sure to disappoint.
哦 不 我肯定让人失望
It was from another source I heard you praised
夸你的是另有他人
and one not at all inclined to exaggeration.
而他不会随便赞美人的
What can this be?
怎么回事
Colonel Brandon here? Over here.
布莱登上校在吗 在这
There he is.
在那
My horse, quickly. What’s the matter? Brandon.
快牵我的马来 怎么回事 布莱登
I must away to London. No. Impossible!
我得马上赶到伦敦 这怎么行
Imperative.
要紧的事
But we’re all assembled. We can’t picnic without our host. Come up to town tomorrow.
但我们都来了 野餐没有主人怎么可以 明天再去吧
Or wait until we return. You’d not be six hours later.
或者等野餐结束 要不了几个小时
I can’t afford to lose one minute.
一分钟也耽误不得
Forgive me. I hope it’s nothing serious.
请原谅 希望问题不严重
Upon my soul, this is all very unusual. Just when l had the opportunities…
这可真反常 如果我有机会
Frailty, thy name is Brandon.
脆弱 你的名字叫布莱登
There are some people who cannot bear a party of pleasure
有些人见不得人家开心
You’re a very wicked pair. Colonel Brandon will be sadly missed.
你们好坏 布上校不在好可惜
Why?
为什么
when he is sort of a man that everyone speaks well of and no one remembers to talk to?
每个人都说他好 却都不怎么理他
Exactly. Nonsense.
是啊 胡说
Colonel Brandon is highly respected at Barton Park.
约翰爵士他们都很敬重他
Which is enough censure in itself. Really, Willoughby.
这等于是在骂他 卫乐比 你也真是的
Come, come, Mr. lmpudence. l know you and your wicked ways. Oh!
过来 傲慢先生 我知道你爱乱搞
Come, Miss Dashwood. Reveal your beau. Reveal him, I say.
过来 戴小姐 快说你的情人是谁
Let’s have no secrets between friends. Let me winkle them out of you
朋友之间 是没有秘密的 我帮你
I do declare, Miss Marianne. If I do not have you married by teatime, I shall swallow my own bonnet
我宣布 玛丽安小姐 我要你嫁给上校 否则我马上吞帽
As if you could marry such a character
好像他配得上你似的
Why should you dislike him?
你为什么不喜欢他
Because he threatened me with rain when I wanted it fine.
因为我要晴天 他却爱雨天
He has found fault with the balance of my high flyer and I cannot persuade him to buy my mare.
他爱挑我马车的缺点 又不肯买♥♥我的马
Oh! If it will be of satisfaction to you, however
哦 但为了满足你
to be told that l believe his character to be, in all other respects, irreproachable,
我愿意说 他在其他各方面是完美无瑕
then I’m ready to confess it.
那我就承认了吧
And in return for such a painful acknowledgment, you must give me some paying,
我既然忍♥痛承认 你必须给我点好处
you cannot deny me the privilege
就请允许我
of disliking him as much as I adore…
讨厌他 就如同我喜爱
this cottage.
这间小屋
I have great plans for improvements to it Mr. Willoughby.
我计划要整修房♥子
Now, that I will never consent to.
这点我绝不赞同
Not a stone must be added to its walls.
一瓦一砖也不许增加
Were I rich enough, I’d would pull down Combe Magna and rebuild it like this cottage.
我若有钱 就会把家拆掉照这间重新建造
With dark, narrow stairs, a pokey hall,
漆黑狭窄的楼梯 狭小的大厅
and a fire that smokes, I suppose?
你喜欢冒烟的壁炉
Especially the fire that smokes.
尤其是会冒烟的壁炉
Then I’d be as happy at Combe as I’ve been at Barton.
如此我在家就和在这一样开心
But this place has one claim on my affections none other can share.
但我对这房♥子有特别的感情
Promise never to change it.
答应我不要改变它
I’m honored that so fair and virtuous a lady should compromise her honor
你不怕被说闲话送我一程
by seeing me to the gate unaccompanied.
让我受宠若惊