It’s giving me a cough. It is not giving you a cough.
会害我咳嗽的 不会的
Please, can we go back?
求你了 我们能回去么
It’s lovely. Come on, catch up!
这样很棒的 快跟上
Over there is a field of rabbits.
那里有好多兔子
I don’t want to see rabbits. Yes, you do.
我不想看兔子 不 你想看
Is there any felicity in the world superior to this? I told you it would rain.
还有什么比这更快乐 我说会下雨吧
There’s some blue sky! Let us chase it!
蓝色的天空 快追
I’m not supposed to run.
我不可以跑的
Ah! Marianne!
啊 玛丽安
Are you hurt? Agh!
有没有受伤 啊
Margaret. I do not think l can walk. You must run and fetch help.
我不能走了 快去找人帮忙
I will run as fast as I can.
我尽量跑快点
Margaret! Margaret!
玛格丽特 玛格丽特
Don’t be afraid. He’s quite safe.
别害怕 它不会伤害你的
Are you hurt? Only my ankle.
你有没有受伤 只伤到脚踝
May I have your permission to ascertain if there are any breaks?
我能否看看你是否有骨折
It is not broken.
骨头没事
Now, can you put your arm about my neck?
手扶着我脖子好吗
Allow me to escort you home.
让我送你回家吧
At last!
总算回来了
She fell down and he’s carrying her!
她摔倒了 他抱她回来
What?
什么
Marianne Oh, my darling.
玛丽安 哦 我亲爱的
Are you all right?
你有没有受伤
It’s a twisted ankle. Do not be alarmed, Mama. This place.
她扭伤了脚踝 别惊慌 妈妈 这边
I can be sure it’s not serious. I took the liberty of feeling the bone. It’s perfectly sound.
伤得不严重 我看过骨头了 没事
Cause I cannot even begin to thank you.
不知该怎么谢你才好
Please do not think of it. I’m honoured to be of service.
没什么 这是我的荣幸
Please, will you not be seated? Pray, excuse me. I have no desire to leave a water mark.
请坐 我会把椅子给弄湿了
But permit me to call tomorrow afternoon and enquire after the patient.
我明天能来探望吗
We shall look forward to it.
欢迎之至
You’re most kind. I’ll show you out.
你真好 我送你出去
Thank you.
谢谢
Margaret, get the gentleman’s hat.
玛格丽特 这位先生的帽子
Thank you.
谢谢
His name, his name! His name.
问他叫什么名字 他的名字
Please could you told us to whom are we so much obliged?
请问先生尊姓大名
John Willoughby of Allenham at your service, Ma’am.
约翰·卫乐比 我住艾伦汉 夫人
John Willoughby of Allenham.
艾伦汉的约翰·卫乐比
What an impressive gentleman!
真是一位绅士
He lifted me as if I weighed no more than a dried leaf.
他抱我完全不费吹灰之力
Is he human?
他是人类么
Tell me if I hurt you. She feels no pain, Mama.
会痛就告诉我 妈 她不会痛的
Margaret, ask Betsy to make up a cold compress, please.
玛格丽特 请贝丝准备冷敷袋
Quickly as you can. Please don’t say anything important.
弄快点儿 等我回来再继续说
Go on, go on.
继续说 继续说
Did you see him? He expressed himself well, did he not?
你看到了吧 他风度真好
With decorum and honour. And spirit and wit and feeling.
很有礼貌 人品不错 有活力 又机智富同情心
And economy. Ten words at most. Oh, Elinor.
还有懂经济 话不多但句句重点 哦 爱琳娜
And he is to come tomorrow.
而且他明天就到这儿了
Marianne, you must change, or you’ll catch a cold.
玛丽安 你必须换衣服 不然会着凉
What care I when there is such a man?
有这样的男人我还在乎什么
You’ll care very much when your nose swells. You’re right. Help me, Elinor.
等你鼻塞 就会在乎了 你说的对 快帮我
Mr. Willoughby’s well worth cafching. Marianne must not have all the men to herself.
卫乐比的条件很好 但玛丽安不能要谁就有谁
But what do you know of Mr. Willoughby, Sir John?
你对他了解多少
Decent shot. There’s not a bolder rider in all England.
他的马术不错
But what is he like? Like?
但他喜欢什么 喜欢
What are his tastes, his passions, his pursuits?
他的品味 兴趣 追求怎样
Well…
额
He has a smartest little bitch of a pointer. Was she out with him yesterday?
他的猎狗很灵敏 她昨天和他出门了吗
Where is Allenham, sir John? Allenham?
艾伦汉在哪 约翰爵士 艾伦汉
Nice little estate three miles east. He is to inherit it from a relative.
三哩外的小庄园 他的亲戚将留给他
Lady Allen is the name.
那位亲戚就是艾夫人
It’s Colonel Brandon. I should go out and keep watch.
是布上校 我去外面看着
Hello, colonel.
你好 上校
You’re looking out for Willoughby. My dear poor Brandon. Will none of you think of him now?
你们都在等卫乐比 没人会去想布莱登了
Come in.
请进
Colonel. Good morning, Brandon.
上校 早安 布莱登
Good morning.
早安
How is the invalid?
病人怎样
Oh, thank you so much, colonel.
谢谢你 上校
Elinor, would you?
爱琳娜 拿去
Marianne, I cannot think why you should set your cap at Willoughby
你有这么好的对象
when you’ve already made such a splendid conquest?
何必再想着卫乐比
I’ve no intention of setting my cap at anyone, Sir John.
我没有想着任何人
Mr. Willoughby, Lady Allen’s nephew?
艾夫人的外甥是吗
Aye. He visits every year, for he’s to inherit.
对 他每年都来看将继承的土地
And he has a very pretty estate of his own, you know, Mrs. Dashwood.
他自己有个漂亮的庄园
Combe Magna in Somerset.
在索梅塞的科柏美那
If I were you, I’d not give him up to a younger sister for all this tumbling down hills.
换了我也会舍不得放弃这个好机会
Don’t run. The man himself. Come, Brandon.
别跑 他来了 走吧 布莱登
We know when we are not wanted. Let us leave him to the ladies.
我们最好要识时务 把他留给女士们吧
Thank you so much for calling.
谢谢你们来
Marianne, the colonel and Sir John are leaving.
玛丽安 布上校和约翰爵士要走了
Goodbye, Sir John. Colonel, thank you for the flowers.
再见 约翰爵士 上校 谢谢你送的花
How do you do, colonel?
你好吗 上校
How does he do? How do you do, more like.
他怎么样 问候你自己吧
Go on in, they’re waiting for you.
进去吧 他们在等你
Come, Briar.
过来 布莱尔
Stop it.
别
Mr. Willoughby, What a pleasure to see you again! The pleasure is all mine, I can assure you.
卫乐比先生 真高兴再见到你 完全是我的荣幸
I trust Miss Marianne has not caught cold?
玛丽安小姐没有感冒吧
You’ve found out my name. But of course.
你知道我的名字了 当然
The neighborhood is crawling with my spies.
这里到处有我的眼线
And since you cannot venture out to nature,
你无法接近大自然
nature must be brought to you.
大自然就得来接近你
Oh, how beautiful.
哦 好美
These are not from the hothouse.
这不是温室里的花朵
I see mine is not the first offering. Nor the most elegant.
原来我不是第一个送花的 也不是最雅致的
I’m afraid I obtained those from an obliging field.
这是从田野里摘的
I always prefer wild flowers. I suspected as much.
我一向喜欢野花 我也是这样想的
Elinor, would you? Oh, yes. Excuse me.
爱琳娜 帮我放在花瓶里 哦 好的
Our gratitude to Mr. Willoughby is beyond expression.
我们感激万分
But it is I who am grateful.
我才是应该感激的人
I’ve often passed this cottage and grieved for its lonely state.
我常经过这孤零零的房♥舍
Then the first news I heard from Lady Allen when I arrived was that it was taken.
我来之后听艾夫人说的第一件事就是有人住进来
I felt an interest which nothing can account for but my present delight in meeting you.
听说之后就有预感会遇见你们 果然如此
put them here.
放这儿
Pray sit, Mr. Willoughby. Thank you.
请坐 卫先生 谢谢
Ah, who is reading Shakespeare’s sonnets?
谁在读莎翁的十四行诗
Marianne. I am.
玛丽安 我
Marianne is reading them out to us. And which are your favourites?
玛丽安念给我们听 你们最喜欢哪一首
Oh… Without a doubt, mine is 116.
额 毫无疑问 我最喜欢第116首
“Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments.”
“心灵契合 突破阻碍”
“Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds,
“说变心就变心 哪能算是爱 ”
or bends with the remover to remove…”
或者任凭抹灭
Then how does it continue?
接下来呢
“Oh, no,
“哦 不
it is an ever-fixed mark”
爱是永不褪色的印记”
“that looks on storm… “that looks on tempests…
“纵有疾风骤雨 ” “纵有狂风暴雨 ”
Is it “tempests”? I do believe it is “tempests.”
是”狂风暴雨”吗 我相信是”狂风暴雨”
Let me find it.
让我找找看
It’s strange you should be reading these, for
没想到你也读这个 因为
I carry them with me always. Oh, how beautiful.
我随时带在身边 哦 好美啊
Until tomorrow then.
明天见
And my pocket sonnets are yours. Miss Marianne. A talisman against further injury.
袖珍诗集就送给你好了 给你当护身符
Goodbye. Thank you.
再见 谢谢你
Good work, Marianne.
不错嘛 玛丽安
You covered Shakespeare, Scott, all forms of poetry.
你们谈了莎翁和其他诗词
Another meeting, we’ll ascertain his views on nature and romantic attachments,
等你知道他对爱情的看法后