How can you say so? What could be more glorious?
你怎么能这样说 有什么比这更荣耀
I think that may be taking your romantic sensibilities a little far.
你的感情未免太丰富了
“Is love a fancy or a feeling?
“爱情是梦幻还是感觉
No, it is immortal as immaculate truth.
不 它跟真理一样永恒”
It is not a blossom shed as soon as youth drops from the stem of life.
“不似花朵自然凋落”
For it will grow in barren regions where no waters flow,
“爱能生于无水荒漠
nor ray of promise cheats the pensive gloom.”
不怕缺乏阳光滋润”
Hm?

What a pity it is Edward has no passion for reading.
可惜爱德华的朗诵不行
It was you asked him to read, then you made him nervous.
是你叫他念的 害他紧张
Me? Yes.
我 是啊
Since your behavior to him is perfectly cordial. I must assume that you like him in spite of his deficiencies.
你待他还很客气 虽然他念得不好 但你还是喜欢他
I think him everything that is amiable and worthy.
我觉得他 很和善 可敬
Praise, indeed.
真会夸人
But he shall have my devotion when you tell me he is to be my brother.
但如果你要嫁给他 我会好好待他
How shall I do without you?
我没有你怎么办
Without me?
没有我
I’m sure you will be very happy, but you must promise not to live too far away.
我相信你一定会幸福的 但答应我 千万别住得太远
Marianne, there is no question of… That is, there is…
玛丽安 毫无疑问 那是说
There is no understanding.
不可能的
Do you love him?
你爱他吗
I do not deny that I think very highly of him.
我不否认我觉得他很好
That I…

greatly esteem him.
非常尊敬他
I like him. Esteem him? Like him?
我喜欢他 尊敬他 喜欢他
Use these words again and I shall leave the room!
你再这么说 我就走了
Very well. Forgive me.
好吧 原谅我
Believe my feelings to be stronger than I have declared, but further than that you must not believe.
我的感觉是更强烈 但更进一步倒也没有
Is love a fancy or a feeling?
爱情是梦幻还是感觉
Or a Ferrars? Go to bed.
莫非是姓费才叫爱 上♥床♥睡觉吧
“I do not deny that I think very highly of him.
“我不否认 我觉得他很好”
“That I greatly esteem him.
“我 很尊敬他”
That I like him.”
“我喜欢他”
We’re so happy that you chose to invite Edward to Norland.
我们很高兴你邀请爱德华来
He’s a dear boy. We’re all very fond of him.
我们都很喜欢他
We have great hopes for him.
我们对他期望很高
Much is expected of him by our mother with regard to his profession.
家母对他的期望最高
Naturally.
自然地
And in marriage.
婚姻也一样
She’s determined both he and Robert will marry well.
她要他跟罗伯特娶个门当户对的媳妇
Of course.
当然
But I hope she desires them to marry for love.
希望她要他们为爱结婚
Love is all very well, but
爱情固然美好 但是
unfortunately we cannot always rely on the heart to lead us in the most suitable direction.
很不幸大多数情况下我们不能追随我心
You see, my dear Mrs. Dashwood, Edward is entirely the kind of compassionate person.
爱德华心肠很好
upon whom penniless women can prey.
容易受穷女人骗
And having entered into any understanding,
一旦说定
he would never go back on his word.
绝不会食言
He is simply incapable of doing so.
他就是不擅长做这个
But it would lead to his ruin.
不过这也会毁了他
I worry for him so. Mr. Dashwood.
我很替他担心 戴夫人
My mother has always made it perfectly plain that she’ll withdraw all financial support.
家母已表明她不会给他分文
should he choose to plant his affections in less exalted ground than he deserves.
如果他所爱的人不是门当户对
I understand you perfectly.
我了解了
To Devonshire?
搬到迪凡郡
My cousin, Sir John Middleton, has offered us a small house on his estate.
我表亲约翰爵士 提供一处小房♥子给我们住
Sir John Middleton. What is his situation? He must be a man of some property.
约翰”爵士” 他一定很有钱
He’s a widower. His lives with his mother-in-law in Barton Park.
他太太去世了 跟岳母住在巴顿公园
It is Barton Cottage he offers us.
他把小屋租给我们
A cottage. How charming. A little cottage is always very snug.
小屋 真可爱 住小屋最舒服了
But…
但是
You will not leave before the summer?
你们夏天才去吧
My dear Edward. We can no longer trespass upon your sister’s goodwill.
我亲爱的爱德华 我们不能再打扰了
We must leave as soon as possible.
我们必须尽快离开
You will come and stay with us, Edward?
你会来住几天吧
I should like that very much.
我很想去
Edward has long been expected in town by our mother.
家母已在伦敦等候爱德华很久了
Come as soon as you can, Edward.
爱德华 有空来走走
Remember, you’re always welcome.
记得 我们随时欢迎
Can’t you take him with you?
不能带它走吗
We cannot possibly afford him.
我们养不起
Perhaps he could make himself useful in the kitchen.
叫他在厨房♥帮忙
Forgive me.
对不起
Miss Dashwood…
戴小姐
Elinor…
爱琳娜
I must speak to you.
我有话要跟你说
There is something of great importance that I need to…
有件很重要的事 我必须
tell you about my education.
跟你说 是在念书时候的事
Your education?
念书时候的事
Yes.
是的
It was conducted, oddly enough, in Plymouth.
我是在 普利茅斯念的书
Indeed? Yes.
真的吗 是的
Do you know it? Plymouth?
你很熟吗 普利茅斯
Yes. No.
是 不熟
Oh. Well…

I was four years there.
我在那里念了四年的书
In a school run by Mr. Pratt.
学校校长是布来特先生
Pratt? Precisely. Pratt.
布来特 没错 布来特
And, uh…

While I was there…
我在校期间
That is to say, he had a…
我是说 他当时 他有个
Has a… Edward!
有个 爱德华
Edward.
爱德华
Edward. I’ve been all over for you. You’re needed in London this instant.
我到处找你 你得立刻启程去伦敦
I’m leaving this aternoon as it is. That will not do. Mama is quite adamant You should leave at once.
我今天下午就走 妈要你马上动身
Excuse me.
失陪了
Edward promised he would bring me the atlas at Barton for me.
爱德华答应我会带地图集来
Did he?
是吗
I’ll wager he will do so in less than a fortnight.
我打赌他会在二星期内赶到
Dear Edward.
可爱的爱德华
Hello there! Mrs. Dashwood!
大家好 戴小姐
Sir John.
约翰爵士
Dear ladies! Upon my word! Here you are!
太太小姐们 可被我盼到了
Oh, Sir John, your extraordinary kindness… None of that! Hush, please! None of that!
约翰爵士 你太客气了 别跟我客套 别吵
Here is my dear mama-in-law, Mrs. Jennings.
这位是我岳母 詹宁斯太太
Now get down, dog! This must be Mrs. Dashwood.
坐下来 狗 你一定是戴太太
Was your journey tolerable? Oh, your poor souls!
一路上累了吧 真可怜
Why did you not come up to the park first?
怎么不先来我家坐坐
We saw you pass.
我们看到你们经过
I could not wait for you to come to us. I made John call the carriage.
我等不及要见你们 我马上请约翰备车就来了
Get your fun, you dog. She would not wait. We have so little company.
一边玩去狗狗 她可是急性子 这一带朋友少嘛
Oh, But I feel as if I know you already.
但我们真是一见如故
Delightful creatures! Are they not.
小姐们还真漂亮 可不是么
And you know you must dine at Barton Park every day.
你们每天一定要来家里吃便饭
Oh, my dear John, I can’t…
亲爱的约翰 这怎么行呢
No, no, no! I would not brook refusals. I’m quite deaf to them, you know.
我不接受拒绝 我不管那么多
But I insist!
就这样了
Let us only settle in a few days. But thank you very much. No, no, no thanks.
等我们先安顿好再说 谢谢你 不 不 不用谢
I beg you. I cannot bear it. Couldn’t bear it.
求你了 我承受不起 承受不起
I declare, they are the loveliest girls I ever set eyes on.
她们是我见过的最可爱的女孩子
Can you not get them married, Mr. Dashwood? You must not leave it any longer.
戴夫人能别把她们嫁出去么 你一定要往后拖点
There are no young men hereabout to woo them. Not a beau for miles.
这附近没有小伙子配得上她们 几英里内都没有
Come, Mama. Let us leave them in peace.
走吧 夫人 让她们静一静
Send your man up for the carriage as soon as you’re ready. Goodbye.
忙完后 叫人来通知我们一声 再见
Thank you. No,. Don’t thank us.
谢谢 别谢了
Good day to you.
祝你今天顺利
You feet are cold.
你的脚好冰
What have you been doing? Your neck is so dirty you could grow a potato on it.
你怎么弄的 这么脏 都可以种菜了
It’s cold, I’m cold.
冷 好冷喔
Hot. Thank you, Elinor.
热的 谢谢你 爱琳娜

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!