Thank you.
谢谢你
“Or weigh the Thought that from Man’s Mind doth flow.
“纵使有世人的才智”
“But if the Weight of these thou canst not show,
“但无法显露”
Weigh but one Word which from thy Lips doth fall.”
“如同千言万语 只能一言以蔽之”
He certainly is not so dashing as Willoughby but he has a far more pleasing countenance.
他不如卫乐比潇洒 但亲切稳重得多
There was something, if you remember, in Willoughby’s eyes, at times that I did not like.
我当时总觉得 不喜欢卫乐比的眼神
“Nor is the earth the lesse, or loseth aught.
“大地毫无消失 依然如故”
“For whatsoever from one place doth fall
“不论何物 落入海中”
“For there is nothing lost but may be found
“有所失 就有所得”
if sought.”
只需追求
Shall we continue tomorrow?
明天再继续好吗
No, for I must away.
不行 我有远行
Away? Where?
远行 去哪
That I cannot tell you.
我不能说
It is a secret.
这是个秘密
You will not stay away long?
你不会去很久吧
There.
就是那里
There I fell, and there I first saw Willoughby.
我就在那里跌倒 遇见卫乐比的
Poor Willoughby. He will always regret you.
可怜的卫乐比 没娶你 他会后悔的
Does it follow that, had he chosen me, he would have been content?
但娶了我他会满足吗
He would have had a wife he loved, but no money,
纵然有心爱的人但身无分文
and might soon have learned to rank the demands of his pocketbook far above the demands of his heart.
可能很快会先考虑钱 然后才是爱情
If his present regrets are half as painful as mine, he will suffer enough.
他若有我一半后悔 就够他受的了
Do you compare your conduct with his?
你拿你的行为跟他比
No.
不
I compare it with what it ought to have been.
我是跟常理做比较
I compare it with yours.
跟你的行为做比较
Oh, Thomas. I fetched those beef fillets, ma’am.
哦 汤玛士 牛肉买♥♥回来了
Beef is far less expensive in Exeter.
镇上牛肉比较便宜
Anyway, it’s for Marianne.
不管怎样 是给玛丽安补补的
Was Exeter crowded? Thomas. It was indeed, ma’am.
镇上人很多吗 很多
I spoke to Mrs. Braintree. She told me Miss Pothington’s had another stroke.
我和布太太谈了会儿 她说白太太又中风了
She has no sense or feeling.
她没有知觉和感觉了
And Miss Murden has been obliged to turn away Coles for his drunkenness.
还有科斯因为酗酒 而被莫小姐开除了
Oh, and Mr. Ferrars is married, but of course you know that.
费先生结婚了 这你们早已知道
But, Elinor…
但是 爱琳娜
Who told you that Mr. Ferrars was married, Thomas?
谁告诉你他结婚了
I’ve seen Mrs. Ferrars myself: Miss Lucy Steele as was.
我亲眼看见费太太了 正是史露西本人
She and Mr. Ferrars were stopping in a chaise at the New London Inn.
她跟费先生在旅馆歇脚
I looked up as I passed by, and l see it was Miss Steele, so I took off my hat.
我经过时看到史小姐 就跟她请安
She inquired after you, ma’am, and all you young ladies, especially Miss Dashwood.
她问到夫人 还有小姐们 特别是大小姐
and begged me to give you her and Mr. Ferrars’ best compliments..
她要我代他们夫妇问候你们
and how they’d send you a piece of the cake.
还说会送蛋糕来
Did Mrs. Ferrars seem well? Oh, yes, Miss Marianne. She said she was vastly contented.
费太太气色好吗 好得很 她说她非常满足
And since she was always an affable lady, I made free to wish her joy.
因为她做人很好 我就给她祝福
Thank you, Thomas.
谢谢你 汤玛士
I can’t. It’s for us!
我不能 是给我们的
What is it, Thomas? I’m not sure, but it’s heavy.
是什么 汤玛士 不知道 挺重的
“At last I have found a small enough instrument to fit the parlo, I shall follow in a day or two,
总算找到适合贵府的琴 将于日内造访
By each time I expect you to have learnt the enclosed. Your devoted friend, Christopher Brandon.”
希望届时能聆听所附曲目 挚友布莱登敬上
Oh, my darling, look. It fits perfectly.
哦 亲爱的 看 刚刚好
Here you are, Miss Marianne.
椅子来了 玛丽安
Fetch some tea.
泡些茶吧
He must like you very much.
他一定很喜欢你
It is not just for me, it’s for all of us.
这不是我一个人的 是大家的
Here is Colonel Brandon, Marianne.
布上校来了 玛丽安
I do not think it is the colonel.
好像不是他
It must be. He said he would arrive today. You must play your new song. Marianne.
一定是 他说他今天会到 来首新歌♥ 玛丽安
Edward!
爱德华
It is Edward!
是爱德华
Calm. We must be calm.
冷静 我们要冷静
Good afternoon, Mr. Ferrars. Good afternoon. Are the ladies home?
下午好 费先生 下午好 小姐们都在家么
They are indeed. Come this way.
都在 走这边
Mr. Ferrars for you, ma’am.
费先生来了 夫人
Edward.
爱德华
What a pleasure to see you.
真高兴见到你
Mrs. Dashwood.
戴夫人
Miss Marianne, Margaret…
玛丽安小姐 玛格丽特
Miss Dashwood.
戴小姐
I trust I find you all well?
你们都好吧
Thank you. Edward. We are all very well.
谢谢你 爱德华 我们都很好
We’ve been enjoying very fine weather… Well, we have.
近来天气很好 本来就是
I’m glad to hear it. The roads were very…
很高兴听你这么说 马路很
dry.
干
May I wish you great joy, Edward.
我祝你一切幸福 爱德华
Thank you.
谢谢你
I hope you have left Mrs. Ferrars well.
费太太身体好吧
Tolerably. Thank you.
还可以 谢谢
I… Is Mrs. Ferrars at the new parish?
费太太人在新教区吗
No, my mother is in town.
不 家母在城里
I meant to inquire after Mrs. Edward Ferrars.
我是问尊夫人
Well, then you…
额 那么你
You’ve not heard?
你们没有听说吧
I think you mean my brother. You mean Mrs. Robert Ferrars.
我想你指的是舍弟 罗伯特的太太
Mrs. Robert Ferrars?
罗伯特的太太
Yes.
是的
I…
我
I received a letter from Miss Steele,
我收到一封史小姐的来信
or Mrs. Ferrars, I should say,
应该说是费太太
communicating to me
她在信中说
the transfer of her affections to my brother Robert.
她爱上了舍弟罗伯特
It seems they were much thrown together in London. And…
他们在伦敦相处愉快 额
In view of the change of my circumstances, I felt it only right
既然情况有所改变 我觉得
that she be released from our engagement.
她不该再受婚约约束
At any rate, they were married last week in Plymouth.
不管怎样 他们上周在普利茅斯结婚了
Then you…
那你
are not married?
没有结婚
No.
没有
Elinor,
爱琳娜
Elinor, I met Lucy when I was very young.
我认识露西时 还很年轻
Had I had an active profession, I would not have felt such an idle and foolish inclination.
我若有职业 就不会有那种愚蠢的念头
My behaviour at Norland was very wrong.
我在诺兰的行为很不恰当
I convinced myself that you felt only friendship for me,
但我深信你对我只是友谊
and that it was my heart alone that I was risking.
是我在拿良心来冒险
I have come here with no expectations,
我今天来并不抱任何期望
only to profess, now I am able to do so,
只想告诉你 我可以这样做了
that my heart is, and always will be,
我的心 而且将永远是
yours.
属于你的
He’s sitting next to her. Margaret, come down.
他坐在她旁边 玛格丽特 下来
Will you stop that? What else?
别这样做了 还有呢
Oh, Marianne.
哦 玛丽安
Tell us! Great.
快说 很好
Wait.
等等
He’s kneeling down!
他跪下来了