But I know only too well the cruelty
但我太清楚那种残酷
the impolitic cruelty of dividing two young people long attached to one another.
活生生的拆散一对情侣
I have a proposal to make that should enable him to marry Miss Steele immediately.
我有个办法 能让他即刻迎娶史小姐
Since the gentleman is a so close friend to your family,
既然他是你们的好友
perhaps you would be good enough to mention it to him.
我想请你去跟他说
Oh.

Colonel, I am sure he would be only too delighted to hear it from your own lips.
上校 你亲自去说 我想他一定很高兴
I think not.
我不这么认为
His behaviour has proved him proud.
他很重面子
In the best sense.
这是在说他好
I feel certain this is the right course.
我相信这样比较好
Mr. Ferrars.
费先生
Miss Dashwood.
戴小姐
Thank you for responding so promptly to my message.
谢谢你这么快就来
I was most grateful to receive it.
我很高兴接获你的通知
God knows what you must think of me.
不知你会怎么想我
Mr. Ferrars… I have no right to speak, I know…
我自知无权多说 我有好消息
I have, I have good news.
我有好消息
Do please sit down.
请坐
I think you know of our friend, Colonel Brandon.
我想你知道我们的朋友布上校吧
Yes, I’ve heard his name.
听说过
Colonel Brandon desires me to say,
布上校要我转告你
that understanding you wish to join the clergy.
他知道你想当牧师
he has great pleasure in offering you the parish on his estate at Delaford.
便想请你主持他的教区
in the hope it may enable you and Miss Steele to marry.
你和史小姐便可结婚
Colonel Brandon?
布上校
Yes.
是的
He means it as testimony of his concern for the cruel situation you may understand yourselves.
他是想表示对你们困境的关心
Colonel Brandon give me a parish?
布上校要我主持教区
Can it be possible?
有可能吗
The unkindness of your family
你不能因为家人的绝情
makes you astonished to find friendship elsewhere.
而拒人于千里之外
No.

Not to find it in you.
我不是针对你
I cannot be ignorant that it is certainly to you that I owe this. I’d…
我知道这一切都是你促成的 我会
I feel it I would express it if l could, but, as you know, I am no orator…
我希望我能表达 但我不善言词
You are mistaken. You owe it almost entirely to your own merit. I’ve had no hand in it.
你误会了 这是你自己得来的 我没做什么
Colonel Brandon must be a man of great worth and respectability.
布上校的人品一定十分高尚
He is the kindest and best of men.
他是世上最好的人
May I ask why the colonel did not tell me himself?
布上校为何不亲自跟我说
I think he felt it would be better coming from a friend.
我想他觉得透过朋友比较好
Your friendship has been the most important of my life.
你是我一生中最重要的朋友
You will always have it.
我永远是你的朋友
Forgive me.
原谅我
Mr. Ferrars. You honour your promises. That is more important than anything else.
你实践你的承诺 这比什么都重要
I… I wish you both very happy.
我 我祝你们幸福美满
Miss Dashwood.
戴小姐
What a stroke of luck for Lucy and Edward to find a parish so close to Barton!
真是幸运 能找到离家近的教区
You’ll all be able to meet very often. That will cheer you up, Miss Marianne.
我们可以常见面 这能让你好过点 玛丽安
I do declare, I’ve never disliked a person so much as I do as Mr. Willoughby for your sake. Insufferable man!
因为你我讨厌死卫乐比了 让人无法忍♥受的家伙
To think we can see his insufferable house from our hill!
想想看从我们的小山可以看到他的臭房♥子
I shall ask Jackson to plant some very tall trees.
我要叫杰克逊种上大树挡住视线
You’ll do nothing of the sort.
不可以
I hear Miss Grey’s bridal gown was everything of the finest…
听说盖小姐的婚纱好漂亮
Made in Paris, no less.
还是巴黎弄来的
Oh, Mrs. Bunting! We’re in desperate need of tea.
班太太 我们快渴死了 快泡茶
Thank you, Colonel. Oh, Mrs. Bunting, l am glad to see you.
谢谢你 上校 哦 班太太 很高兴见到你
What a journey we’ve had. My bones are rattling still.
这是怎样的旅行哦 我的骨头还在咯咯作响
How goes things? Very well.
一切都好吧 很好
I do not think she drew breath from the moment we left London.
她一路讲 连气都没换
I should found have another way getting home.
早该另想办法回家
There was no other way. You said so yourselves.
没别的办法 你自己说的
I’ll just take a stroll. A moment’s peace.
我想走一走 静一下
I think it is going to rain. Miss Dashwood! Come and have some tea!
好像快下雨了 戴小姐 来喝点茶
No, it will not rain. You always say that, and then it does.
不会下的 每次你说不会就一定下
I shall keep to the garden. near the house.
我就在花♥园♥里 不会走远
We’re very proud of our little Thomas, Colonel.
我们很喜欢这孩子 上校
And his papa has such a way with him. I have seldom seen a father take to a child so.
他爸爸最会逗他 我很少见到会带孩子的爸爸
Do not fear, Mrs. Bunting is…
别害怕
Oh, there you are, Miss Dashwood. Come and meet little Thomas.
你在这儿呀 戴小姐 快来看看汤姆士
I cannot see Marianne.
我看不到玛丽安
Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds,
说变心就变心 哪能算是爱
or bends with the remover to remove.
哪能任凭抹灭
Oh, no, it is an ever fixed mark
不 爱是永不褪色的印记
that looks on tempests and is never shaken.
纵使有狂风暴雨 也永不动摇
Willoughby.
卫乐比
Willoughby.
卫乐比
Willoughby.
卫乐比
Marianne?
玛丽安
She’ll be wet through when she returns. Thank you for pointing that out, my dear.
她一定会成落汤鸡 谢谢你提醒
Do not worry, Miss Dashwood. Brandon will find her.
放心吧 戴小姐 布莱登会找到她的
I think we can all guess where she went.
我们都猜得出她去哪了
Miss Dashwood. Oh, thank you.
戴小姐 哦 谢谢你
She’s not hurt, but we must get her warm.
她没受伤 得快点给她取暖
Charlotte The fire is lit in my room. Do hurry.
夏洛特 我房♥里生了火 快点
Higgins, fetch us some blankets and brandy.
希金斯 找点毛毯和白兰地
Miss Dashwood.
戴小姐
I think Marianne may need a doctor.
我想得帮玛丽安请大夫
You’ll wear yourself out, Colonel.
你会把自己累坏的 上校
Do not worry. A day or two in bed will set her to rights.
别担心 躺一两天就好了
You can rely upon Harris, colonel. I’ve never found a better physician.
哈大夫医术很高明 放心吧
What is the diagnosis? It is an infectious fever.
是什么问题 是一种会传染的热病
It has taken far more serious hold than I would expect in one so young.
对年轻人来说这个病有点太严重了
I would recommend the hasty removal of your child, Mrs. Palmer. -Mrs. Bunting! Mrs. Bunting!
我建议快将婴儿隔离 巴先生 班太太 班太太
My dear Miss Dashwood, I am more sorry than I can say.
戴小姐 我不知该怎么说
If you prefer me to stay, I am at your service.
你要我留下的话我愿意
Mr. Palmer, that is very kind.
谢谢你的好意
But Colonel Brandon and Dr. Harris will look after us.
但布上校和哈大夫会照顾我们
Thank you for everything you have done.
谢谢你所做的一切
She’s not doing as well as I would like.
她的病情没有好转
What can I do?
我能做什么
Colonel, you have done so much already.
上校 你已经帮很多忙了
Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.
给我点事做 戴小姐 不然我会发疯
She would be easier if her mother were here.
家母在会好一些
Of course.
当然
I must fetch more laudanum.
我再去拿镇定剂
I cannot pretend that your sister’s condition
我不能骗你说
is not very serious.
令妹的病情不严重
You must prepare yourself.
你要有心里准备
I will return shortly.
我马上回来
Marianne.
玛丽安
Marianne, please try.
玛丽安 你要振作
Marianne.
玛丽安
Please try.
拜托你振作点
Oh.

I cannot…
我不能
I cannot do without you.
我不能没有你
Oh, please.
哦 求你了
I’ve tried to bear everything else. I will try…
别的事我都可设法忍♥受 我会设法
But please, dearest…
可是求求你 亲爱的
beloved Marianne,
亲爱的玛丽安
do not leave me alone.
别丢下我一人
Elinor.
爱琳娜
My mother.
是我母亲
Mama! Mama!
妈妈 妈妈
She is out of danger. She is out of danger.
她脱离险境了 她脱离险境了
Oh, my Mary.
哦 我的宝贝
Where is Elinor? I’m here.
爱琳娜呢 我在这里
Dearest, I am here.
亲爱的 我在这里
Colonel Brandon.
布上校

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!