a violent situation on both sides.
我不需要你在这里讲道或者高谈阔论
I don’t need any of your preaching and prancing in here,
听见没有 回答问题
you hear? I want an answer.
-反对 -请注意点 律师
-Objection. -Watch it, counselor.
我在尽力了 法官
I’m trying very hard, Judge.
再尽力点 律师
Try harder, counselor.
根据宪法的基本规定
It seems basic to our constitutional principles
在高速公路边
that the extent of the right to assemble,
以和平的方式
and demonstrate and march
集♥会♥ 示♥威♥
along the highway in a peaceful manner
游♥行♥的条件是
ought to be commensurate
必须有相应的
with the enormity of the wrongs
提出抗♥议♥的事由
that are being protested and petitioned against.
本案中 事由显而易见
In this case, the wrongs are enormous.
所以
Therefore,
从塞尔玛到蒙哥马利的
the extent of the right to demonstrate
预计五天的游♥行♥申请
in an estimated five-day march from Selma to Montgomery
得到批准
has been approved accordingly.
-好 -感谢上帝
-Yes! -Thank God!
本庭没有其他事务
There’s no further business with this court.
审理结束 感谢当事人
These proceedings are concluded, with our thanks to the litigants.
告辞 先生们
Good day, gentlemen.
SCLC在布朗教堂为游♥行♥做准备 关键领导人都在场
上午8点24分备案
是 没错
Yeah, that’s right.
我们不想犯任何错误…
Well, now, we don’t like to have no mistakes, if you…
如果你确信的话
If you’re sure about it.
拜亚德说 哈利[·贝拉方特]说他可以叫来妮娜·西蒙
Bayard says that Harry says he can get Nina Simone,
迪克·格雷戈里 琼·贝兹 彼得 保罗 还有玛丽
Dick Gregory, Joan Baez, Peter, Paul and Mary in.
拜托 我们可没钱请他们
Come on now. We don’t got money for that.
哈利自己掏钱租了飞机
Well, Harry is chartering a plane himself.
日子啊 日子
Day-O, day-O
阳光降临 我们要回家
Daylight come and me wan’ go home
你阻碍游♥行♥ 总统提出反对
President’s angling for your blocking of the march to be overturned.
不幸的是 这事如果没解决的话
Unfortunately, all my maneuvers have been put on hold
我那边的演习就不能继续了
while the matter’s being adjudicated.
州长 你想找我谈
Governor, you wanted to talk.
总统先生
Well, Mr. President…
抗♥议♥者正在扰乱阿♥拉♥巴马州
Malcontents are disrupting Alabama,
您有义务出面阻止
and it’s your responsibility to stop them.
他们抗♥议♥的是 要求选举权
They’re protesting about the right to vote
以及在你的州遭到何种待遇
and the way they’re treated in your state.
所以这是你的问题 你的责任
So that’s your problem, your responsibility,
该你负责
and it’s on your watch.
总统先生 我不同意
Mr. President, I disagree.
我们办事有自己的方式 就是这样
We have a certain way things are done. It’s the way it is.
人们也希望此方式得以保留
And it’s the way the people want it to stay.
乔治 你为什么要这样做
George, why are you doing this?
你整个政♥治♥生涯都在为穷♥人♥努力
Your whole career has been working for the poor.
这次黑人的事你怎么就不同意了
Why are you off on this black thing?
因为他们永远不会满足
Well, ’cause you can’t ever satisfy them.
首先 要巴士上的前排座位
First, it’s the front seat of the bus.
然后是公园
Next, it’s take over the parks,
然后是公立学校 选举权 工作职位
then it’s the public schools, then it’s voting, then it’s jobs,
然后是不劳动也想要福利
then it’s distribution of wealth without work.
乔治 你看白宫门口
George, you seen all those demonstrators
这些示♥威♥的人
out front of the White House
让总统夫人整夜都睡不好
keeping my Lady Bird awake the whole damn night?
我看见了 总统先生
Oh, yes, Mr. President. I saw them.
那我们就一起出去 我们一起
Well, let’s go out there, you and I,
宣布你决定 让黑人的选举权不受干扰
and announce that you’ve decided to let the blacks vote undeterred,
这破事就会消停了
and this whole mess will go away.
我都不用起草什么法案来强制执行
And I don’t have to draft bills or force the issue.
这样如何 乔治
Now, why don’t we do that, George?
为什么就不让黑人参与选举
Why don’t you just let the niggers vote?
你也同意 他们是有选举权的 对吧
You agree they got the right to vote, don’t you?
这个毫无疑问
There’s no quarrel with that.
我知道 法律里写着呢
I know that. That’s the law.
那为什么不让他们参与选举呢
Then why don’t you just let ’em vote?
我没有这个权力 是县投票注册办公室决定的
I don’t have that power. It belongs to the county registrars.
别糊弄我了 阿♥拉♥巴马谁管事我还不知道吗
Now, don’t shit me about who runs Alabama.
我对县注册办公室的工作人员
I don’t have any legal power
没有任何法律上的权力 总统先生
over the county registrars, Mr. President.
他们有自己的规定 并选择执行
They have their regulations and they adhere.
你跟我开玩笑呢么 乔治·华♥莱♥士♥
Are you trying to shit me, George Wallace?
你这是在拿总统开玩笑
Are you trying to fuck over your President?
总统先生
Mr. President…
我们甚至都不该想1965年
We shouldn’t even be thinking about 1965.
我们应该想的是1985年
We should be thinking about 1985.
到时候我们俩都死了
You and I’ll be both dead and gone by then.
到了1985年 回忆起来 你想看到什么
In 1985, what do you want looking back?
你想让人们记住你当时说过
You want people remembering you sayin’,
“等一等”或者”不行”或者”太难了”
“Wait, ” or “I can’t, ” or, “It’s too hard”?
我不在乎他们怎么想
I don’t right care what they think,
你也不应该在乎
and you shouldn’t neither.
那么
Well…
如果我的历史地位变得跟你一样
I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let history
那就完蛋了
put me in the same place as the likes of you.
今晚我要说的是人的尊严
I speak tonight for the dignity of man
和民♥主♥的命运
and the destiny of democracy.
有时候 历史和命运
At times, history and fate
会在同一时间同一地点交汇
meet at a single time in a single place.
上周在阿♥拉♥巴马州的塞尔玛就是如此
So it was last week in Selma, Alabama.
在那里 经受长♥期♥磨难的男男女♥女♥
There, long suffering men and women
以和平的方式抗♥议♥作为美国公民 应得的权利遭拒一事
peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans.
很少见到
Rarely in any time
一件事能道破美国
does an issue lay bare the secret heart
内心最深的秘密
of America itself.
美国黑人的平权问题
The issue for equal rights for the American Negro
就是这样一件事
is that issue.
为了它
For this issue,
很多人遭到了残暴的攻击
many of them were brutally assaulted.
从来都没有什么黑人问题 南方问题
There is no Negro problem. There is no Southern problem.
只有一个问题 美国问题
There is only an American problem.
宪法规定
The Constitution says that
没有人可以因为种族或肤色
no person shall be kept from voting
而被拒绝参与选举
because of his race or color.
这项基本权利遭到侵犯 需要指正
To correct the denial of this fundamental right,
本周三 我会向国会提交法案
this Wednesday, I will send to Congress a law
要求取消这些非法的阻挠
designed to eliminate these illegal barriers.
这项法案会取消
The bill will strike down
所有选举中的投票限制
voting restrictions in all elections,
从国家 到州立 到地方的选举
federal, state and local.
我们应该这样做
And we shall do this.
我们会克服一切困难
We shall overcome.
我们应该可以保护你通过朗兹县
We believe we can cover you through Lowndes County,
但最后一天游♥行♥ 通过蒙哥马利时
but once we add the final day’s march through Montgomery,
你们会经过这些高层建筑之类的
and you’re passing through all those tall buildings and whatnot,
保护就会变得艰难
coverage becomes challenging.
所以请考虑
So please consider
开车完成最后的部分游♥行♥
driving in on the final leg.
并请考虑 取消在国会大厦的讲话
And please consider nixing the speech at the Capitol.
如果等我们到达 华♥莱♥士♥愿意见面的话
Well, if Wallace will see us when we arrive,
就不需要做什么演讲了
there’ll be no need for a speech.
这个你能安排吗
Can you arrange that?
我不能躲
I can’t hide.
我们不能躲 你也明白
We can’t hide. You understand.
我不想此事给你酿成大错
I don’t want to see this go wrong for you.
你不想保护好自己吗 博士
Don’t you want to protect yourself, Doctor?
交给我来办吧
Let me try to do that.
我知道你也想继续活下去
You know, I know you want to live to see
看到一切努力的成果 我知道你想

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!