No, you came here stirrin’ trouble.
博士
Doc,
有人受伤了
someone’s been hurt.
一个波士顿来的牧师
A priest, from Boston.
白人
White.
现在你知道在这里当黑人
Now you know what being a nigger around here
是什么感觉了吧
feels like, boy.
受伤 怎么伤的
Hurt? How?
死了
Dead.
给我电♥话♥
I need a phone!
芝加哥 底特律 波士顿 我都不管
Chicago, Detroit, Boston, I don’t care.
在纽约哈林区有两千人游♥行♥
Hell, you got 2, 000 people marching up in Harlem.
好得很
Well, good for you.
但你竟然叫人进白宫里面
But when you have people come inside the White House?
趁参观白宫直接进来
Inside the White House! On a tour?
他们直接就坐下了 马丁
They just sat down, Martin.
他们在走廊里坐下 开始唱歌♥ 大嚷
They sat down in the main corridor, started singin’ and shoutin’.
这我决不允许
Well, I won’t have it!
我不能阻止人们去表达…
I cannot stop people from expressing…
你可以 你可以阻止他们
You can! You can stop them.
不 是你可以阻止他们 你可以做的事更多
No, you can stop it. You, sir, can do more.
我很高兴你给瑞布的遗孀打了电♥话♥
Now I’m glad to hear that you called Reverend Reeb’s widow, sir.
这很好 这么做是对的
That is very fine, and it is right.
我只希望吉米·李·杰克逊的家人
I only wish that Jimmie Lee Jackson’s family
能得到来自总统的
would have received the same consideration
同等待遇
from their President.
别把负罪感推给我
Don’t you lay your guilt at my door.
我们告诉你会有麻烦的情况下
You’re the one choosing to send
是你让人们送到屠刀下
people out to slaughter when we told you there was trouble.
我们可不会干坐着
We won’t sit idle
等过两年你有空了再理睬这个法案
while you wait another year or two to send this bill up at your leisure.
这话我现在已经说得很明白了
That should be clear by now.
我们会继续示♥威♥ 直到您有所作为
We will continue to demonstrate until you take action, sir.
如果我们的总统不保护我们的权利
And if our President won’t protect our rights,
我们会把抗争递交到法庭
we will take this fight to court.
你看 我也尽力了
You know, I’m… I’m trying here.
这件选举权的事 我们已经很接近谈出结果了
We’re getting close to figuring something out
但这样的情况我不想看到
on this voting thing, but I will not have this!
这个法案几乎是不可能提出的 听明白吗
This bill has been almost impossible to craft, you hear me?
你觉得你是在玩杂耍吗 马丁 我也一样
You think you’re jugglin’, Martin? I’m jugglin’, too.
我是亚特兰大来的牧师
I am a preacher from Atlanta.
你是这世界上最强大的国家
You are the man who won the presidency
当选的总统
of the world’s most powerful nation
四个月前的选举 你的优势是史上最大的
by the greatest landslide in history four months ago.
而同样是你
And you are the man
一天天地在瓦解自己之前的成就
dismantling your own legacy with each passing day.
没人会记得民权法案
No one will remember the Civil Rights Act.
但他们会记得在塞尔玛的对峙
But they will remember the standoff in Selma
你甚至根本没去阿♥拉♥巴马州
when you never even set foot in this state.
他们会记得你说过”等一等”和”我做不到”
They will remember you saying, “Wait, ” and “I can’t, ”
除非您有所行动
unless you act, sir.
-晚上好 -晚上好
-Evenin’. -Evenin’.
我想私下聊
I wanted to speak privately.
我知道你们组织内部有点麻烦
I know there’s been trouble with the group,
我们做的一切给你们制♥造♥了矛盾 我需要道歉
and I apologize that our efforts have caused a rift between y’all.
这是很痛苦的 我知道 我真的很抱歉
That’s a painful thing, I know, and I’m truly sorry it’s happened.
是啊 挺痛苦
Yeah, painful.
约翰逊总统不会有动作 约翰
LBJ is not moving, John.
我以为他会 但我们的努力仍旧没起作用
I thought he would, but our efforts are not working,
既然没用 我不能冒着人们被杀的危险
and I can’t risk another march with people getting killed
再发起游♥行♥了 我不会
when it’s not working. I won’t do it.
我们要的是选举权 不是游♥行♥ 你也知道
We need voting, not marching. You know that.
我们需要比示♥威♥游♥行♥更进一步 取得真正的政♥治♥权利
We have to move beyond these protests to some real political power.
不能永远这样下去
This can’t go on forever like this.
我不能再这样下去了
I can’t go on like this.
之前
When I was…
我在SNCC和人们一起为乘车自♥由♥抗♥议♥
When I was working with SNCC on the Freedom Rides,
蒙哥马利的巴士开到了城市边界
the Montgomery bus reached the city limits.
我们下车了 在个荒无人烟的地方
We got off. And out of nowhere,
四面八方的 他们就出现了
from all directions, they came.
有男有女
There was men, women.
还有孩子
Kids, too.
他们手里拿着所有你能想象到的武器
They had just about every makeshift weapon you could think of.
棍子砖头
I mean, bats, bricks,
轮胎铁杆 水管
tire irons, pipes.
我记得
I remember…
我记得有个小女孩
I remember this little girl just clawing her nails
用手指甲抓我朋友杰西的脸
into the side of my friend Jessie’s face
她的爸爸 用斧头手柄打他
while her daddy… Her daddy beat him with an ax handle.
杰西陷入昏迷
Jessie was unconscious,
而他们还是继续不停打他
and they just kept beating on him and beating on him.
我可能是昏倒在了沥青路上
I must’ve passed out on the asphalt somewhere.
第二天 我醒来 发现自己被包扎好
Next day, I found myself patched up
坐在一间教堂里
and sitting in a church.
我头都抬不起来 但我必须去那
I could barely hold my head up, but I needed to be there.
因为你要给大家讲话
You were gonna be speaking.
我需要听你说话
And I needed to hear you.
我当时很沮丧 但你出现了
And I was feeling down, but you got up there.
你还记得那天吗
You remember that day at all?
我们记忆中的版本可能不太一样
I don’t think we remember it the same way.
我那天说什么了 约翰
What’d I say, John?
我正准备告诉你
I’m about to tell you right now.
希望你认真听我说
And I hope you hear me.
你说 我们最终会取胜
You said that we would triumph.
我们一定会取胜 因为不会有其他结果
That we would triumph because there could be no other way.
你知道你还说了什么吗
And you know what else you said?
你说
You said,
“不要怕”
“Fear not.
“我们走了这么远 已无法回头”
“We’ve come too far to turn back now.”
我们现在的状况 我觉得不错 案情对我们有利
I feel good about where we are. We have a strong case.
-我们能做到 -是
-We can do this. -Right.
库伯女士和博因顿女士到了
Now, Ms. Cooper and Ms. Boynton are here,
她们需要做好准备
and they need to be ready.
很多结果都取决于她们会怎么说 好吗
A lot depends on what they have to say. Okay?
嗯 你的意思我明白 但是…
I hear what you’re saying, but…
你来了
You’re here.
是 我来了
Yes, I’m here.
我很高兴
I’m glad.
时间正好
Just in time.
南方基♥督♥教领导会议
In the matter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference
对阿♥拉♥巴马州政♥府♥一案
v. the state of Alabama,
现在将听取原告陈述 格雷先生
I will now hear testimony from the plaintiffs. Mr. Gray.
法官先生 您将听到的是受害者陈述
Your Honor, you will hear testimony from the victims
他们因要求自♥由♥而被殴打
who were beaten and bludgeoned in their quest for freedom.
以及要求选举权 自我决定权
For their right to vote and to self-determine.
法官大人 事实情况是
The fact of the matter, Your Honor,
当天所发生的一切都是无法否认的
is that the incidents that occurred cannot be disputed.
事件中的具体情况
These particular circumstances
会给当天在塞尔玛发生的可怕事件提供详尽的描述
will paint a thorough picture of the horrific events endured in Selma.
很好 你可以开始
Very well, you may proceed.
金先生 你违背了法官的命令
Mr. King, you went out on that bridge in direct violation of
去桥上游♥行♥
that judge’s orders.
你是故意违反法官和州长的命令 是吗
You deliberately disobeyed this judge and the Governor, did you not?
几千人来到塞尔玛
Thousands of people came to Selma,
他们受周日的残暴事件所鼓动
aroused by Sunday’s brutal acts
而那正是塞尔玛以及阿♥拉♥巴马州
exacted by officials of the city of Selma
的官员引发的
and the state of Alabama.
我感觉 如果我不带领大家游♥行♥
I felt if I had not led the march,
激昂的情绪和人们内心的紧张会引发无法控制的
pent-up emotions and inner tensions would have led to an uncontrollable
报复情况
retaliatory situation,
双方都会有暴♥力♥行为