总监
Commissioner.
警员
Constable.
督察
Inspector.
丹尼斯
So, Dennis, um,
我明白那晚你是目击者
I understand that you saw something the other night.
是 -你看到什么?
Yeah.What’d you see?
我去为死者拿威士忌
Well, I’d gone to get a bottle of Scotch for the dead man.
就是在他死前
Um… This was before, you know, he died.
然后你回来
Um…And then you came back,
刚好看到可疑人士?
and that’s when you saw the suspicious character?
没错
Exactly.
算是啦
Well, sort of.
其实我没看得很清楚
I didn’t get a very good look, if I’m honest.
他穿着深色长大衣
He had on, like, a darkish overcoat.
了解,还有呢?
I see. Anything else?
一件长裤
A pair of trousers.
戴帽子
And a hat.
在他头上
It was on his head.

Right. Yeah.
一顶软呢帽
Yeah. A soft, felt hat.
外型怎么样?
What about a physical description?
高矮?壮硕?
Was he a tall man? Short? Thick set?
算中等吧
Oh… Just average, I’d say.
中等身高还是中等身材?
Average height or average build?
都是?
Both?
别问我
No, don’t ask me.
我不知道,我在问你
I don’t know. I’m asking you.
一般身高
Average height,
中等身材
medium build.
跟督察一样吗?
Would you say like the Inspector?

Yeah.
应该吧,差不多
Suppose so. Pretty much.
他做了什么让你起疑?
So what did he do that made you suspicious?
不是他做了什么
It wasn’t so much what he did,
而是他做的方式
it was more, you know, the way he did it.
是,他怎么做?
Right. How’d he do it?
有点可疑
Well, sort of…
有点可疑
suspiciously.
非常好
This has been great.
你可以走了
Off you go.
谢谢 -谢谢
Thank you.Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
很好
That was good.
您觉得顺利吗?
Do you think that went well?
该跟和科佩尼打架的演员谈谈了
I think it’s time we talk to that actor
该跟和科佩尼打架的演员谈谈了
who had a fight with Kopernick.
艾登堡先生吗?
Mr. Attenborough, sir?
就是他,他很有名吗?
That’s the one. Famous, is he?
您开玩笑吧,您没听过狄克?
You’re pulling my leg, sir. You’ve never heard of Dickie?
李察艾登堡?
Richard Attenborough?
平基布朗?
Pinkie Brown?
《布莱登棒棒糖》?您一定听过
Brighton Rock? You must have.
「你要录下我的声音,听好了
“You wanted a recording of my voice.
「你要录下我的声音,听好了
“Well, here it is.
你要我说的是我爱你」
“Well, here it is.
你要我说的是我爱你」
“What you want me to say is ‘I love you.'”
别忘了
Keep in mind that we’re here to conduct an interview
我们来访谈是为了调查命案
Keep in mind that we’re here to conduct an interview
我们来访谈是为了调查命案
as part of a murder investigation,
不是帮电影杂♥志♥写稿,懂吗?
not an article for Sight & Sound magazine, yes?

Yes, sir.
进来,亲爱的
Come in, darling.
史塔博督察
Inspector Stoppard.
竟然是货真价实的警探
I say, a real-life detective.
伦敦警♥察♥厅来的
Scotland Yard and everything.
你是?
And you are?
这是…
This is…
史托克警员 -史托克
…Constable Stalker. Stalker.
我喜欢你的动作
Oh, I like the way you did that.
非常自然
Very natural.
希望您不介意,我想说演出好精彩
I hope you don’t mind, sir, but I just want to say bravo.
安可
And, uh, encore. DICKIE: Oh.
谢谢你,警员
All right, thank you, Constable.
谢谢你,警员
Yes, thank you, Constable.
你是戏迷吗?我能帮你弄到票
Are you a lover of theater?
你是戏迷吗?我能帮你弄到票
I can get you tickets if you like.
麻烦你,我很想要
I would like, sir. Yes. Very much.
希望能听到专业的意见
It would be good to get a professional take on it.
我有好多问题
Mmm-hmm. Yeah.
我有好多问题
I have so many questions.
我自己也有一两个问题
I have one or two of my own.
我想也是
I dare say that you do.
我知道你和科佩尼当晚发生争执
I understand that you and, uh, Kopernick
我知道你和科佩尼当晚发生争执
came to blows the night in question.
那次冲突有特别的原因吗?
Was there a particular reason for the ill feeling?
请问督察,你因为战争才跛脚吗?
Tell me, Inspector, did you get your limp during the war?
很轻微
It’s very slight.
那天晚上你在台上我注意到的
I noticed it the other night
那天晚上你在台上我注意到的
when you were on stage. I, um…
我想或许能用在戏里
Well, I thought I might borrow it, if you don’t mind.
主角身体有缺陷总是很吸引人
It’s always good for the lead character to have a physical defect.
象征一个苦恼的灵魂
Speaks to a troubled soul.
是我,督察,不必再找了
It was me, Inspector. You need look no further.
我以谋杀里奥的罪名 -不…
I arrest you
我以谋杀里奥的罪名 -不…
for the murder of Leo…No, no, no.
还没
No. Not yet.
抱歉,长官
Oh. Sorry, sir.
我就是他们争吵的原因
I was the particular reason for the ill feeling.
对,里奥看上席拉,我很不爽
Yes, well, Leo had his eye on Sheila, you see.
对,里奥看上席拉,我很不爽
And I took exception.
他好下流,督察
He was a real hound, Inspector.
客气点
Come on, play nice.
也许我能帮你
Maybe I can help you.
帮我?
Help me?
做什么?
To do what?
担任《捕鼠器》电影的主角
Bag the lead role in the film of The Mousetrap.
领衔主演
Top billing.
让你成为明星
Make you a star.
我已经是主角了
But I have bagged the lead role.
谁告诉你的,沃夫吗?
Yeah, who told you that, Woolfie?
他是制片
He is the producer.
亲爱的,他只负责开支票
Honey, he just cuts the checks.
我是导演
I’m the director.
少了我电影就拍不成,懂吗?
Without me, there is no movie. You understand?
有意见吗,老兄?
You got a problem, buddy?
不用找了,杯子拿走
Keep the change. And the glass.
片厂不能有意见吗?
And the studio, don’t they have a say in it?
听说他们想找一个
Rumor is they want to put a name in the picture
大家听过的人来演
that people have heard of.
真正的好莱坞明星
Bona fide Hollywood star.
他们喜欢葛丽丝凯莉,听过她吗?
They like Grace Kelly. You ever heard of her?
放心
Don’t worry.
可以说服他们
They can be talked round.
我有三寸不烂之舌
I’ve got a very, uh, silver tongue.
我不会撒谎,督察
I won’t lie, Inspector.
他死不足惜,但与我无关
I was not entirely sorry to learn of his demise,
他死不足惜,但与我无关
but I had no part in it.
就像《捕鼠器》改编成的电影
Much like the film adaptation of The Mousetrap, it would seem.
别这样,你又不确定
Oh, come now, darling, you don’t know that.
沃夫答应给你那个角色
Woolf promised you the role.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!