But still, a pretty penny, a room at the Savoy.
那当然
Par for the course.
我在刚果
When I was in the Congo for The African Queen,
拍摄《非洲皇后》时
When I was in the Congo for The African Queen,
休斯顿和鲍嘉不肯喝那里的水
Huston and Bogart refused to drink the water.
坚持喝波本酒
Insisted on bourbon, even to brush their teeth.
就连刷牙也一样
Insisted on bourbon, even to brush their teeth.
在丛林里可不容易弄到
Not so easy to get hold of in the jungle, I can assure you.
史托克警员非常喜欢那部片
Huh. You know, Constable Stalker here is a great admirer of that film.
对不对,警员?
Aren’t you, Constable?
那是一部佳片,先生
It’s a marvelous film, sir.
谢谢你,警员
Why, thank you, Constable.
百科全书
Encyclopedia.
人体电影百科全书
Cinematic encyclopedia up there.
没那么厉害 -嗯
I wouldn’t say that.Yeah.
是
Right.
很谦虚
Being humble.
并没有
I’m not.
所以科佩尼手上没有你的把柄?
So, it’s not true that Kopernick had dirt on you?
谁跟你说的?
Who told you that?
现在是什么情况?
Well, now, what do we have here?
沃夫
Huh, Woolfie?
坐在安静的角落,享受亲密时光
Sittin’ in a quiet corner,
坐在安静的角落,享受亲密时光
all very nice and intimate.
不介意我加入吧?
Say, you wouldn’t mind if I joined you, would you?
完全不会,大哥
Not at all, old boy.
想必你是沃夫太太吧?
And you must be Mrs. Woolf, huh?
很高兴认识你
Swell to make your acquaintance.
不,里奥,她是安
No, no. Leo, this is Ann.
我的助理
She’s my assistant.
加班喔?
Workin’ late, huh?
失陪了
If you’ll excuse me…
抱歉
Um, I’m sorry.
祝你晚安罗
You have a nice night, now.
好啦
Well, now.
这下我尴尬了
This puts me in a tough spot.
我恐怕得好好利用一下
That I’m afraid I’m gonna have to take advantage of.
他要求入住萨伏伊,我答应了
He asked to be put up at the Savoy, and I agreed.
我知道不会住太久
I knew it wouldn’t be for long.
因为我会找适当时机
That is, just until I found the right moment to…
告诉我老婆
tell my wife.
原来如此
I see. Well,
有事的话我们会跟你联络
we’ll be in touch if there’s anything else.
警员
Constable.
走吧?
Shall we?
沃夫为了封口杀害科佩尼,结案
But, sir, Woolf killed Kopernick to hush up the affair.
沃夫为了封口杀害科佩尼,结案
Case closed.
如果是那样,他不会不打自招
I think if that was the case,
如果是那样,他不会不打自招
he wouldn’t have volunteered the information.
那他是清白的吗?
So, then he’s in the clear?
不见得
No, not necessarily.
他还是可能为了别的原因杀死科佩尼
No, not necessarily.
他还是可能为了别的原因杀死科佩尼
He might have killed Kopernick for another reason entirely.
跟您说
I tell you,
巡佐考试前我都搞不懂这案子
I’ll never get the hang of this in time for sergeants’ exams.
警员,关于之前的事
Constable, about earlier.
我看起来好像从酒馆出来
I know it looked like I’d just come out of the pub.
您是从酒馆出来
You had just come out of the pub.
没错
That’s right.
我只是进去清清漱口水的味道
But I’d only gone in there
我只是进去清清漱口水的味道
to get rid of the taste of the mouthwash.
所以您喝了琴酒
So you had a gin, sir.
那算消毒水,我有补牙
It’s an antiseptic. I had a filling.
我以为您说是例行检查
I thought you said it was a routine checkup.
看来你侦讯技巧学得不错
I see we’ve read the chapter on interrogation techniques.
长官
Sir,
我知道我还没令您刮目相看
I know I haven’t done anything yet to impress you
让您对我有信心
or to inspire any confidence, and…
您应该宁愿我没参与本案
I know you’d probably rather that I wasn’t on the case.
但我也没要求加入,长官
But I didn’t ask to be put on this case either, sir.
我很紧张,现在还是
I was nervous, and I still am,
大概也太认真了
and I’m probably trying a bit too hard.
但即使我犯了错
But, you know, even if I do make mistakes
或是妄下定论
or if I jump to conclusions
太多话,这别人也说过了
or talk a little bit too much, that has been said,
我只要您知道您能信任我
I just want you to know that you can trust me.
长官
Sir.
好
Okay. Good. Um…
保卫尔牛肉汁给你满满活力
开什么玩笑
Oh, you’re joking.
警员 -总监
Constable.Commissioner.
史塔博在吗?
Stoppard about?
不在,他早上还没到
Er, no, sir. He’s not yet made it in this morning.
快11点了
It’s almost eleven o’clock.
他去看了牙医,长官
He, uh… He had a dentist appointment, sir.
他说是补牙,可能是臼齿?
A filling, I think he said it was.
他说是补牙,可能是臼齿?
A molar, it might have been?
内政大臣召见我
I have been summoned to the Home Secretary.
他想听取报告
He wants a debrief.
我说我有好消息
I said I had good news.
您看过那出戏了吗,长官?
Have you seen the play, sir?Huh?
看过
Oh. Yes.
老婆生日我带她去看
I’m afraid I took the wife for her birthday.
我当然没被骗,马上就知道是谁干的
Of course, it didn’t fool me for a moment.
我当然没被骗,马上就知道是谁干的
I knew who did it right away.
不过她一头雾水
She was baffled, though.
即便男主角解释了一切
Even after the chap explained everything.
那天晚上大家都不好受
It was a trying night for all concerned.
以后我送花就好
I’ll stick to flowers in future.
是,绝对错不了
Yes, always a safe bet, sir.
抱歉
Sorry.
警♥察♥
Police.
麻烦小心点
Please try to be more careful, sir.
早
Good morning.
总监 -督察
Commissioner.Inspector.
吃这么多薄荷糖好吗?
Is it wise to eat so many mints?
什么意思,长官?
How do you mean, sir?
因为…
Well, haven’t you just been to the dentist?
你不是刚看过牙医吗?
Well, haven’t you just been to the dentist?
没错
Yes, that’s right, sir.
只是检查而已
Yeah. It was just a checkup.
不过我也补了牙
Although I did have a filling as well.
反正我都去了
Since I was there.
我来关心进度,督察
I’ve come down here for an update, Inspector.
我们有好消息 -是吗?
We have good news, sir.
我们有好消息 -是吗?
We do?
您不是这样告诉内政大臣吗?
Yes, sir. Isn’t that what you told the Home Secretary?
是,我在电♥话♥上对内政大臣这么说
Yes, that’s what I told the Home Secretary
是,我在电♥话♥上对内政大臣这么说
on the telephone.
我来听取好消息
I came down here to get it.
所以没有好消息吗?
So we don’t have good news?
我们有目击者,长官
We do have a witness, sir.
命案的目击者?
To the murder?
要是那样就好了
Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn’t it?
不是,一名带位员看见可疑人士
Um, no. One of the ushers saw a suspicious character.
他在里面等我们
He’s waiting for us inside.
很好
Very well.
我会告诉内政大臣我们有可靠线索
I’ll tell the Home Secretary we have a promising lead.
希望你们别害我撒谎
And I’ll rely on you not to make a liar out of me.
警员 -总监
Constable.Commissioner.
督察
Inspector.