我早该料到
Oh, I might have known.
心怀怨怼的作家
A disgruntled writer.
莫非这点子是你想的?
Don’t tell me, you had the idea first?
不,它发生在我身上
No. It happened to me.
我糊涂了,我没有剧场背景
I’m sorry, I am completely lost.
我糊涂了,我没有剧场背景
I don’t have a theatrical background.
你就是丹尼斯柯里根吧?
You’re not Dennis Corrigan, are you?
可怜的孩子
Oh, you poor boy.
什么意思?
How do you mean?
他在现实生活中失去了弟弟
He lost his brother in real life.
好悲惨
Dreadful business, it was.
好多年了,我跟你说过
It was years ago, now. I told you about it.
《捕鼠器》就是根据那案子改编的
It was the case The Mousetrap was based on.
只是灵感来源,妈
Inspired by, Mother. And loosely.
但你是带位员
Oh, but you’re an usher.
必须夜复一夜看那出戏
You had to watch that play night after night.
想必饱受折磨吧
It must’ve been torture.
我以为会有帮助
I thought it would help.
我弟死时才六岁
He was only six when he died, my brother.
《捕鼠器》其实是根据真实案件改编
The Mousetrapis actually based on a real-life case.
应该照顾我们的人却弃我们不顾
Neglected and left for dead by the people
应该照顾我们的人却弃我们不顾
who were supposed to look after us.
报纸因此热卖♥♥,但没人关心我们
It sold a lot of newspapers, but no one cared about us.
我以为这出戏会不一样
I thought the play would be different.
知名作家要说出我们的故事
A famous writer was going to tell our story.
一对信任英国社会福利的兄弟
Two brothers who put their faith in the British social services.
当我看见阿嘉莎克莉丝蒂的作品
But when I saw what Agatha Christie had done,
将我们的苦难当成疯狂杀手的动机
used our pain and suffering as a motive for a deranged killer…
我弟的死沦为廉价的枝微末节
…my brother’s death reduced to a cheap sideshow…
发生了凶杀案?
There’s been a murder?
我知道这出戏结束他才能安息
…I knew he wouldn’t be able
我知道这出戏结束他才能安息
to rest in peace until the play ended.
可是没有
But it didn’t.
它持续不断地演下去
It just went on, and on, and on.
《捕鼠器》100次演出,屹立不摇
The Mousetrapis 100, not out.
听到要改编成电影,我气炸了
When I heard about the film adaptation,
听到要改编成电影,我气炸了
I just snapped.
少了我电影就拍不成,懂吗?
Without me, there is no movie. You understand?
有意见吗,老兄?
You got a problem, buddy?
我杀了导演,想阻止拍摄
I killed the director to stop the film,
心想舞台上死了人能让戏停演
and thought a corpse on the stage would put an end to the play.
但他们根本没关闭剧院
But they didn’t even close the theater.
你想你能在明晚开演前解决此事吗?
Do you think you might be finished in time
你想你能在明晚开演前解决此事吗?
for curtain up tomorrow night?
马文对电影的新想法令我反胃
And Mervyn’s new ideas for the film
马文对电影的新想法令我反胃
made me sick to my stomach.
我撷取通俗虐童故事的精髓
I’ll take the bare bones of the story,
我撷取通俗虐童故事的精髓
a rather mundane tale of child abuse, and make it my own.
将它改编成我的作品
a rather mundane tale of child abuse, and make it my own.
他令我别无选择
He left me no choice.
你吓坏我了
You startled me.
我也得杀了他
I had to kill him, too.
我以为事情就此结束
I thought that would be the end of it.
你们却像没事一样继续演
But you all just carried on like nothing had happened.
不要脸
Shame on you.
或许杀了阿嘉莎本人,你们才会觉悟
Well, maybe you’ll take notice if I kill Agatha Christie herself.
她有话要说
Oh, I think she’s tryin’ to say something.
天啊,让她出来,电影我不拍了
Oh, for God’s sake, let her out.
天啊,让她出来,电影我不拍了
I’ll stop the film.
戏也会停演,这太野蛮了
And the play. This is barbaric.

Fine.
艾达娜?
Edana?
亲爱的,你怎么来了?
Darling, what… what are you doing here?
我跟踪你,本来想大闹一场
I followed you.
我跟踪你,本来想大闹一场
I suppose I was going to make a scene.
你好啊,安
Hello, Ann.
结果这瘦子攻击我,我在地毯里醒来
Then this beanpole assaulted me, and I woke up in a carpet.
如果你不是阿嘉莎,她在哪里?
If you’re not Agatha Christie, where the hell is she?
老天,所以你不知道?
Good God, man. You mean you don’t know?
哪有你这种愚不可及的变♥态♥?
What kind of a bumbling, half-witted psychopath are you?
给我安静,拜托
Will you be quiet! Please!
让我想想
Let me think!
没问题
Yes, of course! Of course. Why don’t you…
进来坐下吧,丹尼斯
Yes, of course! Of course. Why don’t you…
进来坐下吧,丹尼斯
Why don’t you come in and sit down, Dennis? Um…
对…
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
稍微冷静一下
Have a little moment to yourself.
杀鼠剂
什么?
What?

Uh, well… Um…
我个人相信
I, for one, believe that, uh,
应该有人向丹尼斯道歉
Dennis here is owed an apology.
对 -他说得没错
Yes.
对 -他说得没错
He… He’s right, of course.
事实就是事实
The truth is the truth.
不该被掌控或操弄
It is not to be manipulated or played with,
更不该被当成娱乐
and certainly not for entertainment.
没错 -没错
No, no.PETULA: No, no, no.
艺术应该揭露事实 -是
Art is supposed to reveal the truth…
艺术应该揭露事实 -是
Yes. Yeah.
对 -而非扭曲事实
…not pervert it.
要是有人为了好玩,将阿嘉莎的故事
How would Agatha Christie like it
要是有人为了好玩,将阿嘉莎的故事
if someone took one of her stories
歪曲窜改一番,她能接受吗?
and twisted it and corrupted it
歪曲窜改一番,她能接受吗?
just for the hell of it?
不能
She wouldn’t.
我们都该为自己感到羞愧
I… I think that we should all feel
我们都该为自己感到羞愧
thoroughly ashamed of ourselves.
来了
Oh, here we are. Tea for everyone.
请各位喝茶
Oh, here we are. Tea for everyone.
你来了,亲爱的
There you are, my dear.
抱歉让你们久等了
Sorry to have kept you.
不,别为了我起来
No, no, please don’t get up, not on my account.
来吧
There, there.
不,没关系 -小心
No, no, no,
不,没关系 -小心
no, no, it’s fine.Be careful.
别动,我想是这样子
Just as it was. I think it was that way.
真高兴再见到你,虽然是在这种情况
It is so nice to see you again, Agatha,
真高兴再见到你,虽然是在这种情况
in spite of the circumstances.
不…别拿那杯,那是给丹尼斯的
No, no, no, not that one.
不…别拿那杯,那是给丹尼斯的
No, that’s for Dennis.
你叫丹尼斯吧?
It is Dennis, isn’t it?
请用茶
There we are.
我多放了一颗糖
I put an extra lump in.
谢谢
Thank you.
其他人请自便
Everyone else, help themselves.
丹尼斯
Now, Dennis.
我能帮忙吗?不如我们坐着喝茶
How can I help?
我能帮忙吗?不如我们坐着喝茶
Why don’t we sit here and drink our tea
像文明人一样讨论这件事?
and discuss the matter like civilized people, hmm?
我要你停演《捕鼠器》
I want you to stop The Mousetrap.
对不起,办不到
Oh, I am sorry, but that I cannot do. No.
那违反了我重视的所有原则
I’m afraid it goes against everything I hold dear in life.
对,我是作家
Yes. I’m a writer, you see.
不能让人叫我能写或不能写什么
I can’t be told what to write or what not to write.
那等于否定了我的自♥由♥
It would be a denial of one’s freedom.
你懂吗,丹尼斯?把茶喝光
Do you see, Dennis? Hmm? Do drink up.
老天,费罗斯
Oh, good God, Fellowes.
起来…
Get up. Get up.
听着,年轻人
Now, look here, young man, I…
麦斯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!