– 他们出发了! – 对的,他先在后面跟着
– And they’re off! – Yeah, he goes right to the back.
赛马已经分开赛道,斜照光从外道超越
Horses breaking nicely. Angle Light moving from the outside.
秘书处在大部队的后面
Secretariat settling in at the rear of the pack.
– 没事的 – 加油,朗尼
– OK. It’s OK. – Come on, Ronnie.
朝着第一前进,还在第二位
Heading toward the rail. Step Nicely in second.
骗徒在第三位,位置不错
Sham in good position running in third.
秘书处看上去很累
Secretariat seems to be laboring.
– 加油,赤兔! – 他总是这样,没事的
– Go, Red! – He always does this. It’s OK.
斜照光保持着优势,骗徒位置依旧不错
Angle Light holds the lead into the turn. Sham in perfect position.
骗徒 追上了,秘书处压上前
Sham moves up. Secretariat pressing forward.
– 加油,赤兔! – 加油!
– Come on, Red! – Go! Go!
加油,赤兔!加油!
Come on, Red! Come on!
平凯在等特科特先行动
Pincay’s waiting for Turcotte to move.
就是现在,赤兔,就是现在!
Now, Red, now!
加油
Come on.
斜照光和骗徒开始冲刺,秘书处开始追赶了!
Angle Light and Sham driving for home! Secretariat starting to challenge!
他们在拼尽全力
They straighten away in the stretch!
斜照光仍旧领先
Angle Light holding on to the lead now.
骗徒第二,秘书处还在外道很远的地方!
Sham second, far outside is Secretariat!
来到第16个计时点,斜照光仍旧领先
Coming on the 16th pole, Angle Light in front
一又四分之一个马位后,是第二位的骗徒
by a length and a quarter. Sham is second.
– 天哪 – 他在干什么?
– God. – What’s he doing?
斜照光第一位,骗徒在外道
Angle Light in front. Sham on the outside.
骗徒和斜照光冲向终点!秘书处落后太多了!
Sham and Angle Light driving to the wire! Secretariat fading!
– 不 – 冲,冲!
– No! – Go! Go!
斜照光和骗徒!斜照光和骗徒第一个到达终点
It’s Angle Light and Sham! Angle Light and Sham at the wire!
秘书处落后很多,最后第三名
Secretariat a stunning and distant third!
好样的骗徒!就是这样!
All right, Sham! Way to go!
你知道我是公平的人,一次失利可能是意外,两次就不是了
You know I speak for everyone. One loss can happen. Two is non-performance.
– 我懂 – 很好
– I understand. – I’m sure you do.
勇武主宰的另一匹马只有速度,没有耐力
Another son of Bold Ruler, all speed and no distance.
伟大的胜利!完美!
Magnificent! Magnificent!
下次他还会输得更惨!
Next time we’ll bury him even worse!
你让我浪费了一万块,特科特!嘿,失败的家伙!
You cost me ten grand, Turcotte! Hey, loser!
你在叫谁?你能赢么?
Who are you calling a loser? Think you can do any better?
– 艾迪! – 朗尼,朗尼!
– Eddie! – Ronnie. Ronnie!
– 怎么回事? – 他没有兴奋起来,听起来不大对劲
– What was that? – He didn’t fire. He didn’t sound right.
– 这是什么意思 – 其他比赛的时候
– What do you mean? – In his other races
– 他听起来就像一列火车 – 过来,进来一会儿
– he sounded like a freight train. – Come with me. Just go inside.
坐下!
Sit!
我们刚刚输掉了一场输不起的比赛!
We just lost a race that we could not afford to lose!
我们第三名,第三名!在奥格登·菲普斯面前!
We finished third. Third! In front of Ogden Phipps!
我还叫了很多评论家来,现在我该怎么对他们说?
I’ve got a slew of other investors here. What am I supposed to tell them?
告诉他们事实,今天马状态不好
Just tell them the truth. The horse had a bad day.
马?现在我们开始怪罪于马了?
The horse? We’re blaming the horse now?
还有你?你怎么能让他落后那么长时间?你在想什么?
And you? How could you hold him back that long? What were you thinking?
我没有让他落后,我跟以前一样骑的
I didn’t hold him back. I rode him the same way I always do.
骗徒没有让我们输得更惨的唯一原因是
The only reason Sham didn’t beat us worse is because
他们的骑师不敢相信眼前的一切!他在等你追上去
his jockey couldn’t believe what was happening! He was waiting for you.
而我没有解雇你们俩的唯一原因是我们明天还要去肯塔基州
The only reason I don’t fire you both is we’re leaving for Kentucky tomorrow.
你想做什么就做吧,夫人
Do what you think is right, ma’am.
这不是朗尼的错,他让马做到了该做的
It’s not Ronnie’s fault. He had him where he should be.
好吧,如果这不是马的问题,也不是朗尼的
Well, if it’s not the horse and it’s not Ronnie
那么你们最好找出今天这件事的原因
then you had better figure out what happened today
并解决它!
and you had better fix it!
因为如果这就是我们的马能做到的最佳,那我们就没希望了
Because if that is the best he can do at this distance, we are finished!
– 他吃东西了吗? – 没有
– Has he eaten anything? – Nothing.
这匹马生下来开始就没落下过一顿饭
And this a horse that’s never missed a meal in his life.
– 你每天喂他吃多少燕麦? – 16夸脱
– How much oats you usually give him? – Sixteen quarts.
– 25磅干草- 一天?
– Twenty-five pounds of hay. – A day?
这比两只怀孕的母马吃得还要多
That’s more than a couple of pregnant mares would put away.
是啊,那…
Yeah, well…
好,放松,我不会伤害你
OK, now. Easy. I’m not going to hurt you.
我不觉得他是那个会受到伤害的,医生
I don’t think he the one going to get hurt, Doc.
放松
Settle down.
卢西恩,帮我一下
Lucien, you want to give me a hand here?
– 不了,谢谢 – 你害怕他?
– No, thanks. – You scared of him?
这匹马等我把手放他嘴边有两年了吧
This horse has been waiting two years for me to put a hand next to his mouth.
我可不敢这么做
I’m not going to do that.

Oh.
我觉得我找到问题所在了,卢西恩
I think I got your problem here, Lucien.
他嘴里有脓肿
He’s got an abscess.

Hello?
我找凯蒂 特威迪,我是她妈妈
I’m calling for Kate Tweedy, please? It’s her mother.
凯蒂!你妈妈来电♥话♥了
Kate! Your mother’s on the phone.
妈妈!
Mom!
噢,我只是打电♥话♥来问问你最近怎么样了
Oh, I… I just wanted to see how you’re doing.
嗯…我现在有点忙,我们在准备游♥行♥
Uh… Hey, I’m kind of busy right now. We’re getting ready for a march.
妈妈?你还好吧
Mom? Are you OK with that?

Oh…
凯蒂…
Kate…
我们的政♥治♥信仰可能会改变
…our political beliefs can change,
但我们对于正确事物的信仰
but our need to do what we believe is right…
是不会变的
… that doesn’t.
我为你感到骄傲
I’m proud of you.
谢谢妈妈,嘿,我要去忙了。我们能以后再聊吗
Thanks, Mom. Hey, I got to go. Can we talk later?
当然了
Sure.
– 你没事吧? – 当然了,好的,我们以后再聊
– Are you all right? – Sure. Yeah, we’ll talk later.
好的,拜拜
OK. Bye.
医生在赤兔的嘴唇后面找到了一个很大的肿块
Doc found a big abscess in Red’s lip.
比赛的时候他可能因为这个而非常痛
It probably hurt him all the way around the track.
没人发现这个因为赤兔不会为任何人张开嘴,除了你
Ain’t nobody seen it because Red won’t soften up his mouth for nobody but you.
– 噢…卢西恩… – 没事的
– Oh… Lucien… – Forget it.
我们让他为达比比赛做好准备吧
Let’s get him ready for the Derby.
朗尼!
Ronnie!
真的很抱歉
I am so sorry.
我不知道之前发生了什么,显然…
I didn’t know what happened before. Apparently…
我们迎来了肯塔基州的第99届达比赛
In preparation for the 99th running of the Kentucky Derby,
让我们欢迎秘书处!
please welcome Secretariat!
我们爱你,大赤兔!
We love you, Big Red!
– 历史在此… – 你觉得秘书处准备好了吗?
– Story’s over here. – Do you think Secretariat is ready?
我们非常期待比赛的到来
We’re very excited.
– 秘书处准备好这场比赛了吗 – 是的,一定
– Is Secretariat ready for this race? – Yes, indeed.
听着,我们照顾马,你来应付媒体
Listen, we’ll take care of the horse, you take care of the reporters.
我不知道该说什么
I don’t know what to say.
你和这匹马一样有很多可以说的
You’re as big a story as the horse, OK.
如果你希望他好好准备比赛,那你就要把媒体应付好
If you want him fit, you take care of them.
– 欢迎来到达比 – 谢谢
– Welcome to the Derby. – Thank you.
所以那边就是潘丘和骗徒在一起,对吧
So that’s Pancho over there with Sham, right?
是的
Sure is.
等不及你赢下达比赛了,然后我们就能回家
Can’t wait till you win this Derby, so we can go home.
我听到很多流言
I keep hearing rumors.
秘书处有骨裂、关节疼、膝盖也不好
Secretariat’s got bone chips, bad ankles, bad knees.
骗徒非常兴奋,把秘书处远远甩在身后
Sham’s burning up the track and Secretariat has gone missing.
– 和他的主人一样 – 她会出席新闻发布会
– So is his owner. – She’ll be at the press conference.
她不喜欢谈论私人问题,但她更不喜欢失败
The only thing she hates worse than talking about herself is backing down.
(肯塔基达比赛前记者会–1973年5月)
不能再等了
I can’t wait much longer.
好吧,先生们,我们可以开始了
All right, gentlemen, I guess we’re going to get started.
开始提问
Let’s open it up for questions.
潘丘,你是否已经预测了骗徒的获胜
Pancho, is it true you’re predicting Sham’s victory?
卢西恩,有传言说你的马生病了,是真的吗?
Lucien, there are rumors your horse is hurt. Any comment?
潘丘,骗徒已经准备好比赛了吗?
Pancho, how are you feeling about Sham’s readiness?
非常好!你们都看到了之前的训练。他情况非常好
Fantastic! You’ve all seen his workouts. He’s never looked better.
彭妮,骗徒准备得很好
Penny, Sham’s turning in awesome workouts.
– 你什么时候让秘书处赛前训练? – 快了
– When will you work Secretariat? – Soon.
会不会担心他像上次比赛一样?
Any concern Secretariat will run the same way he did his last race?
有点
Yes.
潘丘,有人认为秘书处并没有跑出真实水平
Pancho, some people think Secretariat didn’t appear to be himself
– 在伍德锦标赛 – “没有跑出真实水平?”
– in Wood Memorial. – “Didn’t appear to be himself?”
这个人是不是打了你的屁♥股♥?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!