对于年轻的赛马很在行
You’re great with young horses.
但他们还说你攻击性太强了
They also say that you can be over-aggressive.
判断力较差,总是在马不能跑的时候让它身处混乱里
Use bad judgment. Put a horse into too much traffic where he can’t run.
那你干嘛来找我?
Then why did you come to me?
我听说你有一颗冠军的心。我知道我的马也一样
I hear you have the heart of a champion. I know my horse does.
我在这里读到,上一匹你的赛马,你让它跑得太快导致它心脏破裂
I read here that the last horse you were on ran so hard his heart burst?
– 抱歉你说什么? – 卢西恩跟我说了实话
– I’m sorry? – Lucien told the truth.
– 他说了什么 – 你就像指甲一样那么硬那么顽固
– What did Lucien say? – That you’re hard as nails.
切纳里小姐,每次爬到马背上我都在冒着自己的生命危险
Miss Chenery, I risk my life every time I climb on a horse.
但我不害怕,赛马也不害怕
I’m not afraid. Neither are they.
我想赢,赛马也想
I want to win, just like they do.
确实,上一匹马因为我的原因而心脏破裂
It’s true. The last horse I rode ran so hard his heart burst.
但这就是赛马,这就是我
But it’s who they are. And it’s who I am.
你想找别人,就去找别人吧
You want somebody else, get somebody else.
我不想找别人
I don’t want somebody else.
我只要你
I want you.
– 就是这里了 – 谢谢
– Here you go. – Thank you.
那么,“秘书”是你们二位的谁的
So which of you ladies owns Secretary?
他的名字叫秘书处
His name is Secretariat.
他会让你的马替他做书♥记♥的
And he’s going to make your horse take dictation.
你都不知道哪匹马是我的
You don’t know which horses we own.
无所谓,我的是那匹红色的。它会战胜所有对手
Doesn’t matter. Mine’s the big red one. And he’s going to beat them all.
红色的
Big red one.
– 我看见了 – 是啊
– I see him. – Yup.
这是萨♥拉♥托♥加♥公园多么美妙的一天
It’s a beautiful day at Saratoga Park.
– 把门关上! – 我们要看到的是6化郎的比赛
– Close them up! – We’re ready for our six-furlong,
所有2岁的赛马的单弯道的短距离赛跑
single-turn sprint for two-year-olds.
一切情况都很好,赛道十分干快
Conditions are perfect. The track is rated very fast.
他们出发了!
And they’re off!
他们分散开来,鲁斯米隆迅速领先
The field is spreading out. Russ Miron out quickly.
来吧,朗尼,发力吧!
Come on, Ronnie, make your move!
他没有地方可以跑了,你不是说过特科特很有攻击性吗
He’s got nowhere to move. I thought you said Turcotte was aggressive.
好的赤兔,我们去追上他们吧
OK, Red. Let’s go get them!
秘书处,秘书处在大胆超越
Secretariat. Secretariat making a bold move.
秘书处蛮横的超越了黑荆棘和胖法兰
Secretariat surging, knocking Blackthorn and Fat Frank aside with brute force.
对了就是这样,我们超过他们了
That’s it, Red. We got them.
他掌控了赛道,超越了乔伊兹、热带行动
He’s overtaking the field, passing Joe Iz, Tropic Action,
正在接近黑荆棘
now approaching Blackthorn.
多么精彩的比赛,秘书处正在赶上鲁斯米隆
A spectacular event. Secretariat is catching up to Russ Miron.
– 躲开! – 鲁斯米隆靠内侧
– Fore! – Russ Miron on the inside.
秘书处靠外道,正领先一个头的马位
Secretariat on the outside, now getting the lead by a head.
秘书处突然启动了!
Secretariat pulling away!
是的,秘书处,秘书处和鲁斯米隆的激烈竞争!
It’s Secretariat. Secretariat and Russ Miron.
在接近终点的时候秘书处还保持着领先
Secretariat taking the lead as they come to the wire.
秘书处完成了不可思议的胜利,超越两个马位
It’s Secretariat with an impressive victory by two lengths.
噢!
Oh!
谢谢
Thank you.
– 看上去你干的不错 – 我可是经验丰富
– Looks like you finished last. – I was there long enough.

Oh.
是我多想了吗,这匹马在摆姿势?
Is it just me, or is that horse posing?
一匹马怎么可能…
You and I both know that horse…
主人不喜欢聚光灯,但她的马挺喜欢啊
Owner hates the attention, but the horse loves it.
秘书处赢了三个马位!
Secretariat wins by three lengths!
秘书处赢了五个马位!
Secretariat by five lengths!
秘书处赢了八个马位!
Secretariat by eight!
秘书处又赢了!
Secretariat wins!
– 秘书处! – 秘书处!
– Secretariat! – Secretariat!
秘书处!
Secretariat!
四个月内第七次胜利
Seven wins in four months.
它有可能成为年度马王
There’s talk he could be Horse of the Year.

Mmm-hmm.
但大多数勇武主宰的马驹
But most of the sons of Bold Ruler
都不能在3岁赛马比赛里取胜
couldn’t handle the distances 3-year-old runs.
而且它们都在三冠赛里失败了
And they’ve all failed as Triple Crown contenders.
你能跟我们谈谈它吗
So what can you tell us about Secretariat?
他喜欢奔跑,喜欢这种感觉
He loves to run. Loves it.
喜欢后来居上
Likes to come from behind.
我还挺伤脑筋的,但他的粉丝就爱他这一点
Nerve-racking for me, but his fans love it.
他还喜欢表演
And he’s a ham.
他喜欢秀自己,对吧
He likes to show off, doesn’t he?
你真的认为他明白自己在做什么?
You really think he knows what he’s doing?
别看我,是拜尔认为你不能跑长距离的
Don’t look at me. Beyer’s the one that said you can’t run long distances.
你也承认这个的对吧?
You do acknowledge the issue, right?
速度与持久力不一定…
That speed and endurance don’t necessarily go…
噢!
Oh!
不可能
No way.
嘿,西尔玛!多拿点汉堡来。这些小家伙吃起来就像大象
Hey, Thelma! Bring more hamburger. These little guys eat like elephants!
你和他合作得很好,卢西恩
You are doing a great job with him, Lucien.
我能问问吗,你为什么选择我?
Let me ask you something. Why did you choose me?
我知道是公牛推荐的我
I know Bull recommended me.
但你自己肯定也有所了解,做了一些功课
But you had to know, you do your homework, that there were other
你还有很多更好的练马师可以选择
more successful trainers you could’ve gotten.
要听实话?我渴望胜利,你也是吧
The truth? I was hungry. And so were you.
我听说你保存着所有你失利比赛的剪报
I heard that you carried the clippings from the big races that you lost.
所以这就是你甚至没有花大力气来劝我的原因啊
So that’s why you didn’t try very hard to convince me.
在我看你打高尔夫球之后,我知道你不可能退休的
I knew you couldn’t stay retired, after I saw your golf swing.
嘿!秘书处!年度马王!
Hey! Secretariat! Horse of the Year!
太美妙了
Fantastic.
朗尼
Ronnie.
– 大家都开酒喝! – 大手笔啊
– Arnold Palmers for everyone! – Oh, big spender.
– 祝贺你! – 嗯!
– Congratulations. – Mmm!
– 你真棒,朗尼 – 干得好
– Great riding, Ronnie. – Good job.
– 看看这个 – 嘿,朗尼
– Look at this. – Hey, Ronnie.
– 伙计,干得好 – 谢谢
– Good job, man. – Thank you, man.
敬我骑过的最好的马
To the greatest horse I ever rode.
敬他的主人,击败了所有的对手取胜
And to its owner, who took on the old boys and won.
但你现在已经引起了他们的注意
But now that you’ve gotten their attention,
明年你要更认真地对付他们了
you’re going to have to take them on in earnest next year.
– 比赛途程更长 – 长得多
– The races are longer. – Much longer.
– 对手更快 – 快得多
– The horses are faster. – Much faster.
每个马主、练马师、每个骑师
And every owner, every trainer, every jockey out there
都会竭尽全力来击败我们
is going to be trying to bring us down.
– 我会准备好的 – 干杯
– I’ll be ready. – Salut.
年度马王!我们要好好庆祝
Horse of the Year! We have to celebrate.
这篇文章全国都能看到吗?
Is this the article that’s going to be running across the country?
你听说了吗?
Did you hear?
你父亲的事,亲爱的
It’s your daddy, honey.
他中风了
He’s had a stroke.
快走吧
Let’s just go.
我们之间已经没有什么秘密了,爸爸
I don’t think there’s much left unsaid between us, Daddy.
我总是知道你的立场
I always knew where you stood.
我很感谢…真的感谢你
And I’m grateful… so grateful,
你造就了今天的我
for the way you showed me
给我立足世界的力量
what it was to stand up in the world and…
…追随自己的信念
…live the way you believe.
我们的马是今年的最佳赛马,爸爸
The big red colt won Horse of the Year, Daddy.
我觉得他能一直跑下去
I think he can go all the way.
如果他能做到…
And if he does…
我希望…
I hope…
我希望你能看到
I hope you could see it.
杰克,你怎么来了?你怎么这么快就赶到了
Jack, what are you doing here? How did you get here so fast?
我很遗憾,关于你父亲
I’m so sorry about your father.
我知道时已经在路上了
I was already on my way.
在路上?孩子们还好吗?
Already? Are the children all right?
他们很好,我在听说消息之前就离开丹佛了
They’re fine. I left Denver before I heard the news.
霍利斯让我来处理税务的事
Hollis had asked me to study the tax issues
你父亲的去世可能会引起一些问题
that would arise upon your father’s death.
我们现在还完全没有准备
Issues that now find us totally unprepared.
所以你让我丈夫到你一边去了?
So you’ve asked my husband to become your ally in this?
这仍旧是家庭产业
It’s family business.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!