I’ve tried Something Special, Royal Line, Deo Volente…
Deo Volente,“天从人愿”
Deo Volente. “God willing.”
天也许从人愿,但赛马♥会♥却没有
God may have been willing, but The Jockey Club wasn’t.
两个礼拜后在渡槽马场有一场比赛
Well, there is a race up in Aqueduct in a couple of weeks.
我觉得我们应该让它去,是时候了。我没有很高的期望
I think we should send him out. It’s time. Not that I’m expecting much.
那就让它去吧
Let’s enter him, then.
Deo Volente
Deo Volente.
– 这个真不错 – 我们能走了吗?
– Well, that was really good! – Can we be excused?
当然
Sure.
– 把甜点拿来吧 – 好的,妈妈
– Please bring in the dessert. – OK, Mom.
你能回家真好
It’s good you’re home.
你的女儿们有话对你说
Your daughters have something they want to talk to you about.
喔?说吧
Oh? What’s that?
凯蒂和我在考虑去智利,大概两个月
Kate and I were thinking of going to Chile. Just for a couple of months.
智利?去做什么
Chile? What for?
教英语,学西班牙语,文化交流的一部分
Teach English and learn Spanish. It’s part of a cultural mission.
惹麻烦和装酷的一部分吧?智利现在已经是社♥会♥主♥义♥制度了
A mission to stir up trouble and act cool, you mean? Chile is socialist now.
– 谢谢 – 去玩吧
– Thank you. – Go play.
不是的,这也不是我们去那里的原因
It is not. And that’s not why we’re going.
不过如果有机会参加反战活动…
Although if an opportunity to protest the war did present itself…
看?这才是重点
See? This is what you’re missing.
你有女初长成,要当造♥反♥派
Your teenage daughters are growing up to become rebels.
不,更像是嬉皮士,自♥由♥精神
No, more like hippies. Free spirits.
嬉皮士不愿为自♥由♥付出代价
Hippies are running from paying the price of freedom.
如果自♥由♥有价,那怎得是自♥由♥?爸爸
If there’s a price, how is it freedom, Dad?
你们成年后我会回答这个问题
I’ll answer that question when you become an adult.
有人要派吗?
Would anyone like some pie?
– 不了,谢谢 – 不了,谢谢
– No, thanks. – No, thank you.
好吧…
Well…
你们什么时候需要答覆?
When do you have to give an answer by?
五号♥有个家长会
There’s a meeting for the parents on the fifth.
就是我们那个反战剧的后一天
The day after my Protest Pageant.
你们的表演吗?
Your play? You’re doing your play?
是啊,我把它当做一个暑期市民艺术节目…
Yeah. I present it as a civic arts summer program, so…
噢凯蒂,两年了,你终于要演了
Oh, Kate, after two years, you’re finally going to do it.
你们都能来的,对吧?
Both of you can make it, right?
赛马的第一次比赛在四号♥
The new colt runs his first race on the fourth.
比赛在纽约,我会乘第一班飞机回来
That’s in New York. I will be on the first plane home.
– 好吧 – 喔,对了,哈姆女士来过电♥话♥了
– OK. – Oh, by the way, Miss Ham called.
好像是关于赛马的名字的
Something about a name for the horse.
(渡槽马场,1972年7月4日)
在第四跑道的是
Rounding out the field in the fourth race
勇武主宰的儿子:秘书处
is the son of Bold Ruler: Secretariat.
在那边,那是我们的
Right up through there, that one’s ours.
我得把这个愚蠢的东西…保罗,保罗在哪?保罗!
Let’s take off this stupid… Paul. Where’s Paul? Paul!
– 在这呢 – 听着
– Here. Right here. – Listen.
– 别偷偷摸摸到处乱走了,听到没 – 是
– Quit sneaking around. Got it? Listen. – Yes.
注意六号♥,他速度很快
Watch out for number six. He’s got the speed.
同时也要注意三号♥,他会跟得很紧
Also, watch out for number three, who’s going to hold back
和五号♥和八号♥一起,还要注意一号♥
with five and eight along with him. And watch out for number one.
它是场上最好的马,必须注意
That’s the best horse in the field. Watch out for him.
– 好 – 你想把这个放哪
– All right. – Where do you want this?
就没有哪匹马不需要注意的吗?
Are there any horses he doesn’t need to be watching out for?
我是不是没提到四号♥
Did I say number four?
我们就是四号♥
We’re four.
– 什么? – 我们就是四号♥
– What? – We’re four.
喔,是啊,对哦,当然,绝对要注意四号♥
Oh, yeah. Right. Well, definitely watch out for number four.

Hmm.
– 喔,骑师非常年轻 – 他确实很年轻
– Ohh. Jockey’s mighty young. – He is mighty young.
他也足够优秀了,他能做到的
He’s good enough. He’ll do.
你不喜欢我的帽子?为什么?
You don’t like my hat? Why?
你喜欢我的帽子吗?
Do you like my hat?
– 你的帽子? – 是啊
– Your hat? – Yeah.
我…它…
I… Well… It’s…
是的我喜欢这帽子
I do. I like the hat.
抱歉,我真的喜欢这帽子,帮帮我
Sorry. I do, I do, I like the hat. Help me.
当然了,我非常喜欢它
Of course I do. I like it very much.
抱歉
Sorry.
– 噢 – 怎么了?
– Oh. – What’s wrong?
我刚意识到这是我第一次开心地笑
I just realized that’s the first time I’ve laughed,
我真的笑了,自从…我能记得的时候开始
I’ve really laughed, in a… Since I don’t remember when.
她吓到我了
She scares me.
女士们先生们,欢迎观看渡槽马场第四场赛事
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the fourth race at Aqueduct,
同时也是两岁的勇武主宰的儿子秘书处的处♥女♥赛
maiden trip for two-year-olds, among them, Secretariat by Bold Ruler.
秘书处现在正靠在门后
Secretariat leaning against the back of the gate.
它们出发了
And they’re off.
这不是我所想的
It wasn’t exactly what I had in mind.
你说它已经能比赛了
You said he was ready to race.
它可以比赛了,只是它没准备好。这么激烈的对抗
He was ready to race. He just wasn’t ready to play bumper cars.
第四名?它像是很害怕的样子吗?我觉得不止这些
Fourth? And he runs like he’s afraid? I expect more than that.
我也这么认为,你在干嘛?
So do I. What were you doing?
– 它从门里出来的时候撞到了 – 我们都看到了
– He got hit coming out of the gate. – We saw he got hit.
它从门口出来的时候就卡住了,全程都是这样!
You got him mugged at the gate, mugged in the pack, and mugged on the rail!
– 不许碰它了 – 我们得谈谈
– You’re off him. – We need to talk about this.
别碰我,离它远点!
Don’t start with me. You are off him!
你先回去吧,别管他
Go on home. Just go on.
你别管了,这不关你的事
And you stay out of this. It’s none of your business.
– 不好意思,你在说什么? – 这匹马不应该输
– Excuse me? What are you saying? – The horse should never have lost.
你确定这是保罗的错?
Are you sure that it was Paul’s fault, then?
用英语说
Say that in English.
不,这是我的错
No. It was my fault.
他没有足够的经验,这匹马需要更有经验的赛马手
He doesn’t have enough experience. This horse needs a jock with more experience.
好吧,我知道
Well, I know this.
如果骑师不后退,赤兔就不会后退的。不管是什么!
If his jockey won’t back off, Red won’t back off. From anything!
你想要一个永不后退的骑师,那么你应该去找朗尼·特科特
You want a jockey who won’t back off, then you want Ronnie Turcotte.
我要见他,两星期后我回来
I want to meet with him. When I’m back in two weeks.
还有件事,我是新手,你比我懂得多
One more thing. I’m new to this, and you know a lot more about it than I do.
但别说这不关我的事
But don’t ever say this is none of my business.
每个细节都是我的事!知道了吗?
Every bit of this is my business! Do you understand?
是的夫人
Yes, ma’am.
我打电♥话♥问过你的航♥班♥了
I called to check on your flight.
– 天气原因它被取消了 – 噢,不
– They cancelled it due to weather. – Oh, no.
– 我很遗憾 – 不,凯蒂的演出
– I’m sorry. – No. Kate’s play.
平安夜
– Silent night – War, war, war, war…
圣善夜
Holy night
– 妈妈? – 亲爱的,她是不是已经上台了?
– Mom? – Honey. Is she on, almost?
是啊,她刚开始呢
Yeah, she’s just starting.

Oh!
让我听听
Let me hear.
圣母也照着圣婴…
– Mother and child – … war, war, war…
多少慈祥也…
So tender and mild
– 听得到? – 嗯,我听到了!
– Can you hear? – Yeah, I hear!
爸爸说这是共♥产♥主义的垃圾
Dad says it’s Commie crap.
这是艺术,亲爱的
It’s art, honey.
这是艺术
It’s art.
静享天赐安眠
– Sleep in heavenly peace – War, war, war, war…
平安夜
Silent night
圣善夜
Holy night
牧羊人
Shepherds quake
在旷野
At the sight?
谢谢
Thank you.
你有什么毛病?
You got a problem?
– 嘿! – 滚出去!
– Hey! – Get out of the street!
我在试着过马路
I’m trying to get across the street.
滚出去!走旁边的人行道
Move out of the way! Use crutches on the sidewalk!
蠢货!
Idiot!
– 切纳里小姐? – 特科特先生,噢,我很遗憾
– Miss Chenery? – Mr. Turcotte. Oh, I’m so sorry.
那么,卢西恩和我都很希望你能在下次比赛中当我们的赛马手
Well, Lucien and I were so hoping that you’d be able to ride in our next race.
我会准备好的,为什么我不行?
I’ll be ready. Why wouldn’t I be?
我和一些用的你人谈过了
I spoke with some of the owners you ride for.
他们说你是最好的赛马手之一。有很好的感觉
They say you’re one of the best. You got a great touch.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!