and brought together people across great divisions of culture,
共享盛会
politics and passion.
他们一起喊:“加油,秘书处,加油!”
Uniting them in one great battle cry: “Go, Secretariat, go!”
当然他是现在最受欢迎的赛马
Of course he’s the favorite in this race as we look at him in his barn.
他现在准备通过装马鞍的地方
He’s getting ready now to make the walk across to the saddling area.
我是杰克·惠特克,这是海伍德·黑尔·布朗及奇克·安德森
I’m Jack Whitaker, along with Heywood Hale Broun, Chic Anderson
还有弗兰克·赖特,欢迎收看第98届必利是锦标
and Frank Wright. We welcome you to the 98th running of the Preakness.
– 嘿,快看妈妈 – 真不敢相信那是她
– Hey, there’s Mom. – I can’t believe that’s Mom!
– 噢,她看上去真棒 – 真不敢相信她上电视了
– Wow. She looks awesome. – I can’t believe she’s on TV.
– 真神奇 – 酷
– That’s amazing. – So cool.
比赛快要开始了,我将把话筒转交奇克·安德森
With three horses in, I’m going to give this to Chic Anderson
他将评述比赛
who will call the race for you.
我们就要准备像学校层一样出发了
We’re about ready to go as Ecole Etage…
秘书处摆了摆他的头
Secretariat bobs his head.
还在等待… 出发了!
We’re still looking… And they’re off!
致命梦想一开始领先,外圈是学校层
For the early lead, that’s Deadly Dream. On the outside, Ecole Etage.
托西安第二位,骗徒位置不错,第三
Settling into second, Torsion. Sham has good position, third on the rail,
…秘书处又是最后一名
and Secretariat is last, again, as they move…
– 赤兔最后 – 他又最后,为什么他总是在后面?
– Red’s last. – He’s last. Why is he always last?
但他开始启动了!非常迅速!他开始从外道超越
But here comes Secretariat! He’s moving fast! And he’s going to the outside…
他现在正在寻求领先的机会!
He’s going for the lead, and it is right now he’s looking for it!
– 看见他了吗 – 就是这样,赤兔
– See him right there? – All right, Red.
– 加油 – 就是这样
– Come on. – Yes.
秘书处正靠着边
Secretariat is right alongside.
骗徒正在外圈第三的位置,现在进入直道
Sham now going to the outside in third. We’re moving down the backstretch.
他们真不可思议!看!
They’re incredible! Look at them!
秘书处领先
Secretariat the leader by…
– 爸爸,你看到了吗 – 我看到了
– Dad, you seeing this? – I see him.
看上去学校层掉到了第三位
And it looks like Ecole Etage has had it, dropping back in third.
这就是赛马!秘书处正在保持领先
Here’s the race, folks. Secretariat trying to hold it.
看看这个!
Look at this!
朝着直道前进,秘书处还领先两个半马位
Head of the stretch, Secretariat at two and a half.
骗徒突然向左移♥动♥
Sham under a strong left-handed whip.
秘书处领先两个马位! 骗徒第二!
Secretariat by two lengths! Sham driving second!
还是秘书处!他冲向终点!他以两个半马位的优势赢下比赛
It is Secretariat! He’s coming to the wire! He wins it by two and a half,
接近三个马位!
almost three!
真不敢相信!
I don’t believe this!
这又是强壮的秘书处的又一场胜利
And it was a powerhouse race again by the big, strong Secretariat.
这是特威迪女士
Here is Mrs. Tweedy
她刚刚赢下了她第二场重要比赛
who has just won the second of two very important races to her.
秘书处已经赢下了肯塔基达比和必利是锦标
Secretariat has now won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes,
以相同的方式
and this time he did it the same way.
怎么了,卢西恩?有什么问题吗
What is it, Lucien? What’s wrong?
没什么
Nothing.
他刚刚赢下了必利是锦标,就像他赢下达比赛
He just won Preakness, like he won the Derby.
你一直盯着你的咖啡,你在担心赤兔吗
You keep staring into your coffee. Are you worried about Red?
自从扬威在1948年做到以来
Since Citation did it in 1948,
有七匹赛马连续赢得了达比和普瑞克涅斯两项赛事
seven horses have won the Derby and then the Preakness.
每一匹都输掉了第三场冠军赛
Every single one of them has failed to win the Triple Crown.
他刚刚以破纪录的形式赢得了前两个
He just won the first two in record time.
是啊,并且贝蒙锦标是速度型赛马的坟墓
Yeah, and the Belmont is the graveyard of speed horses.
这是他们要跑的最长的比赛
It’s the longest race they’ll ever run.
你有什么建议?
What do you suggest?
通常我们让他休息,对吧
Normally we rest him, right?
– 是的,当然 – 让他恢复体力
– Yeah. Sure. – Let him recuperate.
是啊。嗯
Yeah. Mmm-hmm.
但是你不想这样做
But you don’t want to back off.
在我驯马的这么多年里
In all my years of training
我从未见过这么喜欢比赛的马
I’ve never had a horse who loves to run the way this one does.
你让他休息一天,他下次就能跑得更快
You take that horse out one day, he’s going to run faster the next.
我的感觉?
My instinct?
我感觉是我们应该继续训练他。更加严厉,激起他内心的火焰
My instinct is to train him. Hard. To stoke that fire.
但是,如果我错了,他们会说
But if I’m wrong, then they will say
我们不仅仅是毁了这匹马取得三冠的机会
that not only did we ruin the horse’s chances at the Triple Crown…
…他们可能会说我们毁了这匹马
…they may say we ruined the horse.
赤兔不会害怕的,我也不会
Red is not afraid. And neither am I.
只是,如果我们继续训练,而不是让他放松
Just remember, if we push him instead of rest him…
…这可能会很危险
…it could be dangerous.
没人知道他的承受力
Nobody knows how much he can take.
他知道
He does.
他知道的
He knows.
(纽约贝蒙公园–1973年6月)
马丁先生!秘书处已经两次击败你的赛马
Mr. Martin! Secretariat has beaten your horse twice.
这次比赛有什么不一样吗
What makes this race different?
任何一个骑师都会告诉你秘书处是为速度而生的
Any good horseman will tell you that Secretariat is built for speed
但是骗徒是为持久力而生的
and Sham is built for distance.
但是,当然了,特威迪小姐相信她的马
But, of course, uh, Miss Tweedy believes that her horse
奇迹般地继承到了两种特点
has somehow magically inherited both.
我相信这场比赛将会证明
I believe that this race is going to prove
她的直觉只到这里为止了
that her woman’s intuition will only take her so far.
彭妮!秘书处受到了很多关注,你怎么看?
Penny! What about all the attention Secretariat’s getting?
– 他登上了时代杂♥志♥和新闻周报的封面 – 这个…
– Covers of both Time and Newsweek. – Well…
让我告诉你什么是“超级赛马”
Let me tell you something about all this talk about “super-horse.”
骗徒也打破了达比赛的记录
Sham broke the Derby record, too.
他跑出了达比第二快的记录,也是普瑞克涅斯第二快的记录
He ran the second-fastest Derby. He ran the second-fastest Preakness… ever.
我们一直没有被赤兔落下多远
We were right there with the red horse every step of the way.
现在我们准备好三冠赛中距离最长的比赛了
And now we’re getting ready to run the longest of the Triple Crown races.
当我们赢了,你会叫骗徒“超级赛马”的!
When we’re done, you’ll be calling Sham the super-horse!
你怎么看,彭妮?
Any comment, Penny?
我必须承认,我同意马丁先生所说的
Well, I’d have to say I agree completely with Mr. Martin.
他的马确实跑得第二快
His horse did run the second-fastest ever.
我得走了
I’m out of here.
你去哪?拜托!
Where are you going? Come on!
那个女人,她真自大
That woman, she’s so arrogant.
卢西恩为了证明他不是个失败者。愿意做任何事,这就是他们的弱点
Lucien will do anything to prove he’s not a loser. That’s where they’re weak.
我们让赛马休息,他们加紧训练
We rest our horse, they push theirs.
比赛那天,我们要更逼紧他,直到他崩溃
On race day, we push him even harder. We push him until he comes apart!
1分12秒又五分之一
Three-quarters of a mile: 1:12 and a fifth.
这个时间不错
Oh, that’s good time.
你们确定休息的时候还要让他跑一英里?
Sure you want to send him a mile next time out?
我只是问问
I’m just asking.
他们觉得我们训练得太过分了
They think we’re training him too hard.

Hmm.
女士们先生们,欢迎来到贝蒙舞会
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Belmont Ball.
还不错
It’s not bad.
你父亲会非常骄傲的
Your daddy would be so proud.
你怎么找到她的?
Where did you find her?
我告诉她我站在钱包上会高很多
Told her I was taller when I stood on my wallet.
切纳里小姐
Miss Chenery.
劳林先生,你今晚非常帅气
Mr. Laurin. You look exceptionally handsome tonight.
我已经不同以前了,我把帽子留在了家里,为了你
Well, I wanted to go on record, I left my hat at home, just for you.
我带来件礼物,是我们共同的朋友的
I brought you a little something from a mutual friend of ours.
我觉得应该还给塞思,但他觉得你应该拥有它
I offered to give it back to Seth, but he too thought you should have it.
“背面”非常漂亮
The “tails” side is very nice.
卢西恩,你知道你是
Lucien, you know you are absolutely
我见过的最好的练马师
the best trainer that I could have ever…
你也是我见过的最好的马主
You’re the best owner I ever saw.
特科特和爱德华都说他是他们见过的最聪明的赛马
Turcotte and Edward say he’s the smartest horse they’ve ever seen.
可能吧,我一生都在训练赛马
Maybe. I’ve trained horses my whole life.
我仍旧不知道他们在想什么,他们需要知道什么
I still don’t have the slightest idea what they know and what they don’t know.
三年前我不应该说一匹赛马不需要关心他的主人是谁
Three years ago I would’ve said that a racehorse didn’t care who his owner was.
但他不仅仅是一匹赛马
But then he’s not a racehorse.
他是秘书处
He’s Secretariat.
我觉得明天他会像插上翅膀一样飞奔
And I think tomorrow he’ll be wearing wings.
– 妈妈,抱歉我来晚了 – 凯蒂!
– Mom. I’m sorry I’m late. – Kate!
噢!
Oh!
你没来晚,正好赶上
You’re not late. You’re perfectly on time.
看看你!你多漂亮,你们都长大了
Look at you! You’re so beautiful. And you’re all grown up.
妈妈,你也很美,我们都长大了
You look beautiful, too, Mom. All grown up.
我真为你骄傲
I’m so proud of you.
谢谢
Thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!