我们拟好计划了
Look, we had a plan.
他害我 汤姆
He fouled me, Tom!
我该怎么办 他阻挡我
What am l supposed to do? He cut me off!
他害我
He fouled me!
孩子 孩子
Son? Son.
你这是在气什么
What are you so mad at?
隔壁有电♥话♥ 我们会打给你
There’s even a phone next door. Dad.
我们会通知你我们落脚何处
We’ll call you. Every couple of weeks, we’ll call you,
不 我们回家吧
and we’ll tell you where we are. No. We’re just gonna go home, all right?
你有天赋
You have a gift.
你有天赋
You have a gift.
我要借一点钱
l need to borrow some money.
好
All right.
我很久没看牙医 而且
l haven’t been to a dentist, and…
我要借一点钱
Well, l need to borrow some money.
可以啊
That’s fine.
我不知道什么时候能还你
l don’t know when l can pay you back.
等我们赢 我就能还你
l mean, when we win. When we win, l can pay you back.
如果你还要我骑的话
That is, if you still want me to ride.
我当然要
Of course l want you to ride.
你需要多少
How much do you need?
10元
Ten dollars.
来
Here.
没关系的
lt’s fine.
谢谢 我真的很感激
Thank you. l really appreciate it.
就是这样 老爹 很好
That’s it, Pops. We’re okay now.
很好 帅哥
lt’s all right, boy.
没错 我们很好
Yeah, we’re okay.
不用担心 有得是时间
Nothing to worry about.All the time in the world,
就是这样
boy. That’s it, Pops.
慢慢来 就是那样
Nice and easy. Just like that, boy.
就是那样
Just like that.
你怎么想
What do you think, boy?
你要冲了
You ready to go?
走 冲吧
You and me. Let’s go, boy. Let’s go.
最终 复苏的原因 不是那些水坝
ln the end, it wasn’t the dams
道路
or the roads
桥梁或公园
or the bridges or the parks.
隧♥道♥
Or the tunnels
或那些年所建造的公共建设
or the thousands of other public projects that were built in those years.
而是更无形的东西
lt was more invisible than that.
一年前还沮丧绝望的人
Men who were broken only a year before
突然间恢复生机
suddenly felt restored.
筋疲力尽的人们
Men who’d been shattered
突然找到了自我
suddenly found their voice.
我想这匹马很有心
Well, l just think this horse has a lot of heart.
它遭受挫折 却屹立不摇
He may have been down, but he wasn’t out.
它输了几次 却不因此低头
He may have lost a few, but he didn’t let it get to him.
这个小家伙值得我们学习
l think we could all learn a lick or two from this little guy.
不过它不知道自己个子小
Oh, and by the way, he doesn’t know he’s little.
它觉得自己是最高大的马
He thinks he’s the biggest horse out there.
你对这匹小马有大计划吗
So you got big plans for this little horse?
有的
Oh, yeah.
若是一个小家伙
See, sometimes when the little guy,
不知道自己小
he doesn’t know he’s a little guy,
他就能做出大事
he can do great big things.
我们可以在这里打一针吗
Can we get a shot here?
这还不是终点
See, this isn’t the finish line.
未来才是终点
The future is the finish line,
而海饼干正是带领我们 冲向未来的马
and the Biscuit is just the horse to get us there.
带领我们冲向未来的马
“Just the horse to get us there.”
你让我都相信你了 霍华先生
You certainly made a believer out of me, Mr. Howard.
这个老家伙等着吃败仗吧
lt’s time for this old tout to eat some crow.
红烧鸡 白斩鸡
Four and 20 blackbirds,
不管什么鸡 尝尝败绩
to be exact, all baked up in some humble pie,
我则吃我的 三杯鸡
and l’ll take mine a la mode.
还有 霍华先生 我想说
Oh. And one more thing, Mr. Howard. l just wanna say…
谢谢你的香槟
Thanks for the champagne.
别客气
Don’t mention it.
你看过内野了
Did you see the infield?
还没
No, not yet.
去看看 你的小马可真有人气
Take a look. Your little horse is selling out the cheap seats.
老天爷
Oh, my gosh.
你对内野的观众有何看法
Hey, what do you think about all those folks in the infield, Red?
我们正是为这些穷♥人♥而跑
That’s who we’re riding for, folks with a quarter in their pocket.
小瑞 小瑞
Red! Red! Red! Red!
这匹小马有不少广♥告♥词
That’s an awful lot of hoopla for such a little horse!
它虽矮小 却气力惊人
“Though he be but little, he is fierce.”
谁说的
What’s that? What?
莎士比亚啊 孩子
That’s Shakespeare, boys.
莎士比亚
That’s Shakespeare.
莎士比亚
Oh, Shakespeare.
老天
Holy cow.
你看看 小饼干
Look at that, Biscuit. Look at that.
好耶 我们真行
There you go. Oh, my God.
他在这 海饼干
There he is! Seabiscuit! Yeah!
他们都为你而来 老爹
That’s for you, Pops.
全都为你而来
That’s for you.
“圣欧诺菲大赛”
“圣米奎尔大赛”
“圣拉菲大赛”
这匹小马连胜六场
That makes six consecutive victories for this little colt from nowhere,
真短的记录
one shy of the record.
它可能是自有史以来
Why, he may be the biggest
最引人注目的四脚兽了
sensation on four legs since Hope and Crosby.
大家挤破头要看这匹小矮马
Yes, it’s standing room only every time this pint-size pony slips on a saddle,
你若没钱 就爬到树上观望吧
and if you can’t afford the quarter,
这匹由黑翻红的马有何秘辛
So what is the secret of this rags-to-riches story?
我听说海饼干比赛前 要喝1公升啤酒
l have it on good authority they feed Seabiscuit
老天
Oh, my gosh!
那是谁啊
Who was that?
早安
Morning.
这是什么
Boy, what’s this?
啤酒 支持者送的
lt’s beer. From an admiring public.
满好喝的 里面还有很多
lt’s pretty good, too. There’s more in there.
马呢
Where’s the horse?
去签名了
Signing autographs.
什么
He’s what?
拿去 要等干了才能卖♥♥
There you go, Max. Let it dry for a minute before you try to sell it.
它能打破记录吗
Hey, Charles. You think you can break the record?
问它吧 你能再赢一场吗
Oh, let’s ask him. Hey, Biscuit.You gonna win one more?
你能破记录吗
You gonna break the record?
这匹马为何会有如此转变
Hey, Charles. What do you think finally turned this horse around?
我们只是给它机会
Well, l think we just gave him a chance.
有时人们需要的只是个机会
Sometimes all somebody needs is a second chance.
很多人都知道我在说什么
l think there are a lot of people out there know just what l’m talking about.
来 拿些蹄铁去吧
Here, boys. Take some horseshoes with you.
这是特制的 保证带来好运
These are special. Never run out of luck.
拿去吧
Yeah. Right. There you go.
山姆 我的蹄铁呢
Sam! Where the hell are my horseshoes?
你不干了
You quit?
我不能这样工作
l can’t work like this.
它是赛马 不是看板宠物
He’s not a parade animal. He’s a racehorse.
汤姆 做点公♥关♥
Look, Tom, a little bit of public relations…
我若没时间训练它
l can’t get him to be a great horse
就无法让它变成一匹好马
if l can’t get the time to work with him.
什么 它已经很好了
What do you mean? He is a great horse.
我们还不知道呢
We don’t know that yet.
它连续赢了六场比赛
He’s won six stakes in a row.
对谁
Against who?
这匹
This.
这才是匹好马