Uh-huh…
思朋兰迪尼先生 我可是很认真的
No, Mr. Splendini, I’m very serious about this.
你别叫我思朋兰迪尼了 我的名字是西德尼·沃特曼
You can drop the Splendini. My name is Sidney Waterman.
你知道什么意思 我有时只是
You know what I mean? I just go exotic
想标新立异 增加一点魅力而已
to give the square haircuts a little charisma now and then.
那个灵魂就出现在我旁边
Look, the spirit appeared right next to me!
开始我以为他是你的助手
At first I thought he was one of your stooges.
我不需要助手 否则的话
I don’t work with stooges, you know,
你得付他们健康费
because you gotta pay them health benefits.
但他告诉我他叫乔·斯特劳博
But then he told me his name was Joe Strombel,
一个死去的记者
a journalist from the land of the departed.
我不能相信
I couldn’t believe it.
我是记者 他也是记者
I’m a journalist, he’s a journalist.
我是说我们的感应有点共鸣
I mean, our vibes must have kind of meshed together and…
他没明确的这么说
You know, he didn’t say that, in so many words,
但是我觉得我们有关联
but I’m putting two and two together here.
帮我个忙 到别处关联去吧
Do me a favor, put two and two together someplace else,
我很忙 非常忙 你介意吗
because I’m very, very busy. So, do you mind?
听着 我在网上搜索了他一下
Listen, I Googled him, okay?
确实有个叫乔·斯特劳博的人
There is a Joe Strombel
三天前死掉了
and he died three days ago. Uh-huh.
再把我放进盒子里吧
Just put me back in the box.
现在我要激发分子了
Now, I’m going to agitate the molecules,
如果有什么事发生快告诉我
so let me know if anything happens,
有事就告诉我 我就在这
you know, just keep me posted. I’ll be right here.
分子转动起来了
The molecules are whirling.
斯特劳博先生 乔
Mr. Strombel? Joe?
我是桑德拉·波兰斯基
It’s Sondra Pransky here.
我是阿达尔来的记者
I’m a journalist at Adair.
我知道你可能找个更有资历的人
I know you may have been aiming a little bit higher,
但我向你保证
but I assure you,
尽管我缺少经验 但是我会很努力的
whatever I lack in experience, I make up for in dedication.
我快不耐烦了 桑德拉
I’m beginning to lose patience, Sondra.
好啦 里面有人吗
So, let’s go. Is there anybody in there at all?
没有 还没有
Nothing. Nothing yet.
就这样吧 结束了 我已经尽力了
Okay, that’s it. Finito. I’ve had it.
出来吧 甜心 如果我是你
Come on, sweetheart. And if I were you,
我是不把这事告诉别人的
I would not tell this episode to anyone else,
因为他们会吊销你的驾照
because they’ll take away your driver’s license.
-我不明白 -明白什么
-I don’t understand. -What? What’s to understand?
-我以为…-这是夹板的 我自己做的
-I thought that… -It’s plywood. I built it.
你在想什么 真的有灵魂
What’re you thinking, there are spirits?
真的有冥界
And there’s a world of departed people?
我不知道你抽的是什么烟
I don’t know what you’ve been smoking,
但是别指望能通过海关
but don’t try and bring it through customs.
亲爱的 有点晚了
Darling, I’m a little late.
甜心 我喜欢你 你知道的
Sweetheart, I love you. You know that.
我这么说是真心的 但我…
I say this with all due respect, but… I…
桑德拉 桑德拉
Sondra? Sondra?
-斯特劳博先生 -听我说 桑德拉
-Mr. Strombel. -Listen to me, Sondra.
仔细听 写下来 这可是大新闻
Carefully. Listen to me, hmm? Write this down. This is a big story.
你有笔吗
You got a pen?
我时间不多 你能快点吗
I only have a minute. Would you hurry?
好的
Fine.
有充分的理由相信彼得·莱曼…你记下名字了
There’s every reason to believe that Peter Lyman… You got that name?
-是的 -彼得·莱曼 莱曼勋爵的儿子
-Yes. -Peter Lyman. Son of Lord Lyman,
受人尊敬的商人
a respected businessman, hmm?
富有 英俊 事业有成
Rich, good-looking, very successful.
这个彼得·莱曼就是塔罗牌连环杀手
That Peter Lyman is the Tarot Card Serial Killer.
把这个写下来
Now, just write this down.
如果这是这样的话 他就谋杀了12个女人
If so, that he’s murdered a dozen women.
黑色短发的妓♥女♥
Short-haired, brunette prostitutes.
如果真是莱曼干的
And if it turns out to be Lyman,
那就是自”开膛手杰克”以来 伦敦最大的新闻
this will be the biggest story to hit London since Jack the Ripper.
“开膛手杰克” 是大写的吗
“Jack the Ripper.” Is that capitalized?
不清楚下次他要在哪里作案
There’s no knowing where he’ll strike next,
但是除非抓住他 否则会有更多的女人被害
but more women will be murdered until he is stopped.
真可怕 我们得报告警♥察♥
That’s horrible! We have to notify the police.
不 你是什么记者
No, no. What kind of reporter are you?
那将会是个大灾难 天啊 不要
That would be a disaster! God, no!
他是个受人尊敬的百万富翁 你在没有确切证据的情况下
He’s a respected millionaire. You can’t accuse anyone,
是不能指控任何人的
Iet alone someone like that without substantial proof.
而且一旦他知道自己是嫌疑人
And once you’ve alerted him to the suspicion… That he is under suspicion,
他就不可能被逮到了
then he’ll be impossible to trap.
那样危险性就更大了
Not to mention doubly dangerous.
很有可能他毒死了他的秘书
There’s also a possibility that he poisoned his secretary
因为他怀疑她知道了真♥相♥
because he suspected that she was learning the truth.
不 你得先拿到新闻
No, you have to get the story first,
但是首先你要保证你的新闻是准确的
but first you have to get the story right!
这里面没什么确定性
There’s no certainty in this, or…
我的直觉这么告诉我的
I got a feeling in my gut about this.
那种记者梦寐以求的直觉
The kind that journalists dream about.
目前未知 这事没有别人知道
And so far, no one else has the information.
如果我现在还活着
Oh, if I was around today,
我会有办法挖掘真♥相♥
I’d find a way to get the facts
并且把这事公之于众的
and break this case wide open!
现在 相信我 桑德拉
Now, believe me, Sondra.
这是千载难逢的大新闻
You can wait your whole life for a story like this.
别搞砸了
Don’t blow it.
小心点 生命悬而未决
And be careful. Lives are in the balance.
有可能就是你的生命有危险
Possibly, maybe yours.
该走了 该走了
Got to go. Got to go.
-没我什么事了 -你得帮助我
-That’s it for me. -You got to help me with this.
我可不行 甜心 我只是个变戏法的
Not me, honey. I’m a prestidigitator.
我变硬币和扑克戏法
I do coin tricks and card tricks.
我是个记者
And I’m a journalist sitting on top of
眼前有一个惊天动地的大新闻
one of the biggest stories of all time!
嗯 对校报来说是大新闻
Yeah. For a college paper!
孩子 你头脑发热了
Kid, you’re in over your head.
-你知道该干什么吗 把消息公布出来 -公布
-You know what you should do? You should share this story. -Share it?
不 我要发掘真♥相♥
No! I gotta dig up the facts
而且要卖♥♥给城里每家报纸
and then I gotta shop it around to every paper in town.
看看她
Look at her.
很快你就会喝着黑咖啡
Soon you’ll be drinking the black coffee
抽着香烟 反戴着帽子 那你是那种…
and smoking cigarettes with the hat back. Now, what kind of…
我们没多少时间了
We don’t have much time here.
我是说 我们得行动 那家伙是连环杀手
I mean, we got to strike! You know this guy’s a serial killer.
他随时都可能杀人
He could just kill at any moment!
我听到那部分了 那时我就知道我得制定别的计划
I heard that part. That’s when I knew I was gonna make other plans.
你应该打电♥话♥给警♥察♥ 我就会这么做
You should go call the police. That’s what I’d do.
嗯 我怎么跟警♥察♥说
Yeah, and what am I gonna tell them?
就说…就说他告诉你的那些
Tell them that… Exactly what he told you.
莱曼勋爵的儿子 彼得 有嫌疑是连环杀手
That Lord Lyman’s son, Peter, is… He suspects he’s a serial killer.
嗯 他们问我从哪得到的消息怎么办
Uh-huh, and when they ask me where I got this information from?
嗯 告诉他么那 你就告诉他们说…
Well, tell them! You know, just say, you know tell them…
就解释说…
Just explain to them that…
就说是…
You know, say that… Tell them…
你从哪得到的消息
Where did you get the information?
你刚才问的是这个问题吗
Was that the question that you just asked?
如果我是你我就什么也不说 因为他们会把你关起来的
I would not say anything if I were you ’cause they’ll put you away.
这恰恰是我要说的
That’s exactly what I’m saying.
我就说”我从一个死人那得到消息”的
I’m gonna say, “l got this information from a dead guy”?
听着 这不是我的事 桑德拉 我不会参与的
Listen, this is not for me, Sondra. I don’t do this.
我偶尔参加成人仪式和孩子们的派对
I do occasional bar mitzvahs and kids’ parties.
你找错人了
You know, you’re barking up the wrong tree.
彼得·莱曼 他是谁 你知道吗
Peter Lyman. Who is Peter Lyman, you know?
我们怎样能见到他
How can we meet him?
我们怎样才能知道在和谁打交道
How can we see what we’re dealing with here?
我们到底在干什么
What the hell are we doing here?
你甚至不知道那家伙长什么样子
You don’t even know what the guy looks like.
这正是我们来这的原因