and one of the best bits of investigative journalism in a long time.
我们很荣幸的要发表它
And this paper is proud to run it.
哦 这得感谢乔·斯特劳博
Oh, I have to share the credit with Joe Strombel.
他是我的灵感
An inspiration,
他教给了我很多东西
who taught me more than I could ever explain to anyone.
还有刚刚过世得西德尼·沃特曼
And to the late Sidney Waterman.
思朋兰迪尼
Splendini.
他在调查过程中给予了我很大的帮助
A nice guy who helped out with the investigation
没有他我是不会取得今天的成绩的
and without whom I never could have made it.
西德尼 无论你现在身在何处
Sidney, wherever you are,
我都不会忘记你
I’ll never forget you.
你是怎么到这来的
How did you get here?
我吗
Me?
我不习惯在马路的另一边驾驶汽车
I couldn’t get used to driving on the goddamn wrong side of the street!
我是在开车前往乡村的路上
You know, I was driving up to the country,
要是在美国的话
and in the United States,
我会成为英雄的 我是可以救她的
I would have been a hero. I would have saved her.
我可以…
I would have…
但是 现在我在这里…这就是在伦敦生活的一个弊端
But here, you know… That’s the one drawback of living in London.
当然了 那里的剧院更好 也有很多好吃的印度餐馆
Granted, the theater’s better, there’s many good lndian restaurants.
你是干什么的
Well, what did you do?
我是干什么的 我是思朋兰迪尼 魔术师
What do I do? I’m Splendini. Magician.
-你想看点什么吗 -哦 当然 请吧
-Would you like to see something? -Oh, yes, please.
-我们有时间表演个纸牌戏法吗 -当然
-Do we have time for a card trick? -Yes.
我相信我们有的是时间
I believe we have eternity.
我看给你们表演一个小戏法
I’m going to show you a little trick now.
我只是想从我内心深处对你们说…
I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, I mean this sincerely…
我这么说是真心的
I say this with all due respect.
你们是个了不起的团体 非常优秀的一群人
You are a wonderful group and a fantastic group of people.
我爱你们 从你们身上我也感受到了你们对我的爱
I love you and I feel that coming back from you.
你们可能是已故的亡者 但是你们不应该就此气馁
And you may be deceased, but you should not be discouraged.
因为…你知道…
Because, you know…
不要把死亡当作一种障碍
Don’t think of being dead as a handicap.
我小时候是个结巴
You know, when I was a child, I stuttered.
但是凭着坚定不移的决心
But with stick-to-it-iveness and perseverance,
你永远预想不到将会发生什么事情
you know, you can never tell what could happen.
阿尔玛 现在我要你挑张牌
Now, I want you to take a card, Alma.
来吧 任意选一张牌
Go ahead, take any card you want.
选一张 来吧 亲爱的
Just pick it. Pick it. Go ahead, sweetheart.
我爱你 亲爱的 真的是太棒了
I love you, sweetheart. That’s fantastic.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!