Every paper in town is going to press with it as we speak.
犯案的是一个叫亨利·班克斯的杂物工
It was a handyman named Henry Banks who has confessed.
班克斯是一个妄想狂
Banks is a delusional paranoid who’s given Scotland Yard
他向苏格兰场提供的信息 只有凶手本人才能知道
information that only the killer could possibly know.
根据他的信息 警♥察♥又发现了2具尸体
He’s led the police to two additional bodies
他的DNA和指纹都与现场留下的吻合
and his DNA and a fingerprint they found check out.
我知道这事对你的大新闻来说 是个不小的打击
I know this puts a crimp in your scoop,
但是亨利·班克斯才是 真正的塔罗牌连环杀手
but Henry Banks is the Tarot Card Serial Killer.
不是莱曼勋爵的儿子
Not Lord Lyman’s son.
不得不承认我现在真的是很高兴
Well, I can’t say I’m not walking on air.
哦 天啊 要是我抓到乔·斯特劳博 我一定杀了他
Oh, Jesus, If I ever catch that Joe Strombel, I’ll kill him.
希望彼得能原谅我对他做过的一切
I only hope Peter forgives me for what I’ve done.
原谅你什么
For what?
我对他撒了谎 我不是贞德·思朋斯
I lied to him. I’m not Jade Spence.
我是一个别有企图 奸诈的 野心勃勃的大学生
I’m a pushy, duplicitous, ambitious college student.
我一次又一次的骗了他
I lied to him, over and over.
亲爱的 他也骗了你 所以你们互不相欠
Darling, he lied to you, too, so it’s even.
和我做的那些罪大恶极的事相比 他的谎言算不上什么
His lies pale in comparison to the enormity of what I’ve done.
那就不要告诉他 以贞德·思朋斯的身份嫁给他
So marry him as Jade Spence. Don’t tell him.
你不需要再做回桑德拉·波兰斯基
You know, you don’t have to be Sondra Pransky ever again.
就当你的贞德·思朋斯嫁给他好了
Marry him as Jade Spence.
对 但是我可不想 每年父亲节的时候还得买♥♥礼物给你
Yeah, but I don’t want to have to get you a Father’s Day gift every year.
我不知道这事该如何启口
You know, I don’t know how to break this to you,
亲爱的 你是被收养的
honey, but you were adopted. Okay?
你妈和我 当时我们在孤儿院
Your mother and l, we were at the orphanage,
想收养一个有残疾的孩子…
we wanted a handicapped child, and…
真是难得 整个周末只有我们两个人
Ah, finally. Just you and I all weekend.
是啊
Yeah.
我觉得你会喜欢这里的
I thought you’d like it here.
-这里很好 -嗯
-It’s lovely. -Mmm-hmm.
-彼得 -什么事
-Peter? -Yes.
我得向你坦白些事情
I have a confession to make.
哦 天啊 我也要向你坦白
Oh, God, so do l.
哦 我先来吧
Oh, well, let me go first.
不 还是我先来吧
Actually, no, let me, please,
因为我要说的事已经困扰我整整一天了
because mine’s been bothering me all day.
我只想快点把它说出来
I just want to get it off my chest.
当我和你说 我有生意上的事要出去几天的时候
When I told you I was going away for a few days on business,
我是在骗你
I was lying.
-我知道 -你知道 怎么知道的
-I know. -You know? How?
-哦 我看到你了 -你看到我了 不
-Oh, I saw you. -You saw me? No.
-我当时正在吃饭…-是和你♥爸♥爸在一起吗
-I was at dinner, and… -With your father?
-事实上…-无所谓 这并不重要 真的
-Actually… -Well, anyway, it doesn’t matter. Really.
事实是 我父亲经营的一个公♥司♥
The truth is, that a company my father owns
要和中东的一家公♥司♥合并
is about to merge with a company in the Middle East.
这事很敏感
It’s a very sensitive situation,
知道的人越少越好
and the less anyone knows about it, the better.
我们只是不希望媒体发现这事
And we just didn’t want the press to sniff it out.
尽管这并不能做为我撒谎的借口
I mean, that’s no excuse, really.
我只是对这个机密感到抱歉
I’m just very sorry for the extreme secrecy.
不 不 不 没事的 我很高兴你告诉我
No, no, no, it’s fine. I’m glad.
这是你个人的秘密信息 我理解
It’s your own secret information. That’s fine.
这么说 你父亲带你出去吃饭庆祝生日
So your father took you out for a birthday dinner
在那你看到了我 真是无地自容
and you saw me. I mean, how unnerving.
天 我最憎恨的就是欺骗
God, I mean, the thing I hate most in the world is lying.

Uh-huh.
什么
What?
-彼得…-什么事 贞德
-Peter… -Yes, Jade?
彼得…
Peter…
哦 对了 你刚才要和我说什么
Oh, yes. What did you want to tell me?
嗯…
Uh…
贞德 你什么都可以和我说…
Jade, there’s nothing you can tell me that…
我不叫贞德·思朋斯
My name is not Jade Spence.
不叫
It’s not?
不 我叫桑德拉·波兰斯基
No. It’s Sondra Pransky.
我爸爸其实不说我的真爸爸 他的名字叫西德尼·沃特曼
And my father is not my father. His name is Sidney Waterman.
他是艺名叫斯朋兰迪尼的魔术师
He’s a magician called Splendini.
我是个新闻专业的学生
I’m a journalism student.
我们得到一个荒唐的错误信息
Don’t ask me what kind of crazy misinformation we received
以为你就是塔罗牌连环杀手
to believe you might be the Tarot Card Killer.
我那时候并不认识你 记得吗
I mean, I didn’t know you at this time. Remember?
当然 自从我了解你的为人之后
And, of course, as soon as I got to know you,
我就知道那是不可能的
I knew that it couldn’t possibly be true.
现在警♥察♥已经抓到了真正的凶手 所以一切都会好起来的
And the police have him now, so everything’s fine.
当然 我是那么爱你
Of course, along the route I fell for you,
但现在我彻底把这事给搞砸了…
and now I totally blew it, and…
是谁告诉你这些的
Who told you this?
哦 是一个新闻记者 他现在已经死了
Oh, a newspaperman. He’s now deceased.
非常愚蠢 他太渴望他最后的一个头条新闻了
Very foolish. He was eager for his last scoop.
哦 对不起 我只是…
Oh, I’m so sorry. I just
如果你今后再不想和我说话 我完全能够理解
totally understand if you never want to speak to me again
-或者你再也不想见我的话…-波兰斯基小姐
-or if you don’t want to see me… -Miss Pransky.
我不仅不生你的气 而且…
Not only am l not angry with you, but you…
-你让我很高兴 -什么
-You’ve absolutely made my day! -What?
想象一下我是那样富有想象力
Just suspecting that I could be such an imaginative,
引人注目的杀人魔鬼 我喜欢
dramatic fiend. I love it.
-真的吗 -是的
-You do? -Yes.
我想这是我这辈子听到的最有趣 最疯狂的事情
I think it’s one of the funniest, craziest things I’ve ever heard in my life.
我真是迫不及待想告诉 俱乐部里的那帮家伙
I can’t wait to tell the chaps at the club.
彼得
Peter?
是的 亲爱的
Yes, darling.
-我得问你点事情 -当然 什么事都可以
-I have to ask you something. -Yes, anything. Absolutely.
为什么你会把那副塔罗牌 藏到你的音乐室呢
Why did you hide that Tarot deck in your music room?
你是怎么知道的
How do you know about that?
我太多疑了 我…太疯狂了
I was so paranoid. I… It’s crazy.
我偷偷溜进去了
But I snuck in.
亲爱的 那本来是给你的一个惊喜
Oh, dear, it was going to be a surprise.
是给你买♥♥的 那是维多利亚时代的塔罗牌
I bought them for you. They’re Victorian Tarot cards.
你告诉过我你对那些东西感兴趣
You told me you were into that kind of thing.
-什么 哦…-那是给你的礼物
-What? Oh… -It was gonna be a gift for you.
哦 你真是太…我简直就像个傻子一样
Oh, you’re so… I feel like such an idiot!
亲爱的 不 没关系 真遗憾
Darling, no, no, no, never mind, never mind. What a shame.
-忘了这些吧 -不…
-Let’s forget about it. -No…
嗯 我们…
Huh? Let’s just…
我们已经坦白了自己的罪行
Now that we’ve confessed our sins,
现在还是继续我们的生活 好吗
let’s move on with our lives, huh?
-真的 -是的 我想听听真正的你的事情
-Really? -Yeah. I want to hear all about the real you.
提前向你保证 我会喜欢听的
And I assure you in advance, I’ll love it.
哦 天啊
Oh, God,
你偷偷溜进了我的音乐室 是吗
you snuck into my music room, did you?
他躲躲闪闪的原因
So the reason why he was skulking around,
就是因为他家族的生意
was ’cause he had this private family business
那生意非常敏感
which is too delicate to discuss, actually.
对不起 我不相信
Sorry, I don’t buy it.
-什么 -那家伙是骗子兼杀人凶手
-What? -The man is a liar and a murderer.
我就是这么认为的
And I say that with all due respect.
-西德尼 -孩子 我知道我在说什么
-Sidney. -Child, I know what I’m talking about.
别那么叫我 好吗
Don’t call me that, all right?
你还记得我们去他家庄园的时候
Do you remember when we were out on the estate,
我发现了一条线索 可你却认为我疯了的事吗
I found a clue, you thought I was nuts?
我那么说你好多回了 我记不起来究竟是什么时候的事了
I thought you were nuts so many times I can’t recall the exact one.
你还记得这个吗
Do you remember this?
你还记得这个小纸条吗 记得这个线索吗
Do you remember this little item? This clue?
-是的 贝蒂·G -没错 就是贝蒂·G
-Yes, Betty G. -Yes, Betty G.
我查过所有被害的女孩
Now, I checked all the girls that were murdered.
我们看到彼得那天被害的那个女孩
The one that was killed the night we saw Peter on the street, was named
她的名字叫伊丽莎白·吉布森
Elizabeth Gibson.
那又怎么样
So?
很多时候 贝蒂就是伊丽莎白的简称
So Betty is short for Elizabeth a lot of times.
别这样 西德尼 这太夸张了 你现在是在妄下结论
Oh, come on, Sidney. That’s a real stretch. You’re reaching now.
听着 想象一下你想打劫什么人 而又不想被抓

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!