辛德勒的名单
September 1939, the German forces defeated the Polish Army in two weeks.
1939年9月 德军在两周内击溃波兰军
Jews were ordered to register all family members
下令犹太人登记全家人口
and relocate to major cities.
重新安顿集居各大城市
More than 10,000 Jews from the countryside arrive in Krakow daily.
每天有一万多犹太人 从乡下抵达科拉科
Name?
姓名?
Horowitz, Salomon.
霍洛维兹·所罗门
Over there. Over there!
去那边 去那边
Isak Hudes. Hudes, Isak.
以萨克·胡达斯 胡达斯·以萨克
Zucker, Helena.
祖克·海伦娜
Zucker, Helena.
祖克·海伦娜
Hirsch, Salomon? Hirsch, Salomon.
黑尔士·所罗门 黑尔士·所罗门
Hauptman, Chaim!
豪普曼·切姆
Weisman! Weisman, Marcus!
韦士曼! 韦士曼! 马库斯!
Feber, Ludwig! Feber, Ludwig.
约瑟·夫科兰 夫科兰
Elsa Bauman.
伊萨·鲍曼
Josef Klein. Klein.
约瑟夫·克雷恩 克雷恩
Davidowich, Ignacy.
戴维奇·意格内斯
Paula Biffer.
葆拉·碧佛
Nadel, Rachela.
奈度·瑞克拉
Steiner, Gertruda. Steiner, Hilda.
斯坦娜·格鲁达 斯坦娜·希尔达
Jerzy, you know who that man is?
你认识那个人吗?
I don’t know.
不认识
Let’s get together, please.
请大家靠近一些
Smile. Good.
笑一笑
Yes, sir.
是 先生
Bring them over a round of drinks.
送一瓶酒去那一桌
Very good, sir. And who shall I say th they are from?
是 先生 要我报是谁请客吗?
You can say they are from me.
说是我请的
From the gentleman.
那位先生请的
Where?
哪里?
Do you know him?
认识他吗?
Find out who he is.
查查他是谁
Yes, sir.
是 长官
Agnieszka
艾丽嘉
I would give anything to hear you sing tonight.
我好想你今晚一展歌喉
But I know you won’t.
但我知你不肯
You embarrass me.
你让我难为情
What’s he doing?
他在搞什么?
Stay here.
别走开
How are you doing?
你好吗?
You’d leave a woman alone at the table in a place like this?
这种地方怎么可让女士无护花人
Sweetheart, you’re the picture of loneliness.
你真是一幅美丽的画
Mmm, what a lovely fragrance. You are breaking my heart.
香气迷人 真教我心碎!
An extra chair, please. Vodka for my friend.
添位 男士伏特加
And for the lady?
而女士呢
Pernod.
来杯贝诺
Come to the table, girls! Drink with us!
小姐们 过来! 一同喝!
Come to us! Marry us!
来 做我们的老婆!
Thank you. I’ll tell you what I mean by cooperative.
的确合作啊 一声号令
Two days after the law is passed that allJews have to wear the star…
所有犹太人都戴上大卫星袖章
theJewish tailors are turning them out by the gross
犹太裁缝大量制造
in a variety of fabrics at three zloty each.
每个三元
Tell me about your cellar wines.
你有什么酒?
I have an excellent German Riesling. 1937.
我有上佳的德国雷司令 1937的极品
Mmm, French.
嗯 有法国的
A Bordeaux. Chateau Latour, ’28, ’29?
波尔多酒 拉图庄的 28年 29年产的有吗?
No, I’m sorry.
抱歉 没有
It’s as if they have no idea what kind of law it is.
戴袖章的原因 却懵然不觉
As if it’s the emblem of a riding club.
当作荣誉勋章来戴
A Margaux, ’29? No, no, we don’t have that.
玛戈庄的 29年的有吗? 抱歉 我们没有
Burgundy then? A Romanee Conti, ’37? Yes.
那罗曼尼贡帝 37年的有吗? 有
It’s human nature. “We’ll do this to avoid that.”
人性表现 委屈求全
That’s what they have done since thousands of years. It’s what they do.
数千年来 犹太人硬着头皮
They weather the storm.
熬过风浪
But this storm is different.
但这次不同
This is not the Romans. This storm is the SS.
风浪是纳粹党军
Martin?
马丁?
Yes, sir.
是 先生
Who is that man?
那人是谁?
That… That’s Oskar Schindler!
奥斯卡·辛德勒!
The Jewish Council
犹太参议会成员
comprised of 24 elected Jews personally responsible for
选出24位议员
carrying out the orders of the regime in Krakow
负责执行科拉科行政命令
such as drawing up lists for work details
诸如分配劳役
food and housing.
安顿食宿
A place to lodge complaints.
排解纷争等事宜
Private property cannot be confiscated.
私人物业不得
How long are the schools going to be closed?
学校会停课多久?
I do not know.
不知道
You don’t know anything!
你什么也不知道!
I am familiar with the Hague Convention.
我认识海牙公约
They come into our house and tell us we don’t live there anymore.
他们强闯入来 赶我们出去
It now belongs to a certain SS officer.
我家现属于党卫军的某军官
Please. I only know what they tell me.
我所知的 只有他们的话
And what they tell me changes from day to day.
而他们的说话每日不同
Aren’t you supposed to be able to help?
难道你帮不了忙?
I mean, what if I just took this thing off?
将袖章扯掉 他们会怎么做?
What are they going to do about it? They will shoot you.
会枪毙你 别说傻话了
I’m looking for Itzhak Stern.
我找以撒·史坦
Are you Itzhak Stern or not?
你是不是以撒·史坦?
I am.
我是
Where can we talk?
哪里可以谈话?
There’s a company you did the books for on Lipowa Street.
你帮利波华街的公司当过会计
Made what? Pots and pans?
制造橱具的公司
By law, I have to tell you, sir, I’m a Jew.
依法我须声明 我是犹太人
Well, I’m a German. So there we are.
而我是德国人 法律交代完毕
A good company, you think?
公司赚钱吗?
Modestly successful.
过得去
I know nothing about enamelware. Do you?
我对搪瓷制品一窍不通 你呢?
I was just the accountant.
我只会记帐
Simple engineering though, wouldn’t you think?
不过这种技术很简单
Change the machines around,
改一改机器
whatever you do you could make other things, couldn’t you?
就可以生产其他东西
Field kits, mess kits.
军队炊具 士兵餐具
Army contracts.
与军方签约
Once the war ends, forget it, but for now it’s great.
战争结束前
You can make a fortune, don’t you think?
发大财
I think most people right now have other priorities.
大多数人有其他更逼切的事
Like what?
例如呢?
I’m sure you’ll do just fine once you get the contracts.
你会做得很好
In fact, the worse things get, the better you’ll do.
形势越坏 对你越有利
Oh, well, I can get the signatures I need. That’s the easy part.
我能叫军方签约 容易得很
Finding the money to buy the company, that’s hard.
难的是 筹钱收购那家公司
You don’t have any money?
你一分钱也没有?
Not that kind of money.
没有收购工厂的钱
You know anybody?
你认识人吗?
Jews, yeah. Investors.
认识 犹太投资者
You must have contacts in theJewish business community working here.
你与犹太商界有联络
What community? Jews can no longer own businesses.
商界? 犹太人不能经商
That’s why this one’s in receivership. But they wouldn’t own it.
公司属于我 是我经营
I’d own it. I’d pay them back in product… pots and pans.
我用橱具偿还他们
Pots and pans.
橱具是实物
Something they can use.
他们可以用得上
They can trade it on the black market, do whatever they want.
可在黑市买卖
Everybody’s happy.
对大家有好处
If you want, you could run the company for me.
你愿意的话 还可以帮我管理
Let me understand.
让我搞清楚
They’d put up all the money, I’d do all the work.
他们出钱 我出力 请问
What, if you don’t mind my asking, would you do?
你做什么?
I’d make sure it’s known the company’s in business.