Uh, there’s Jim Beam and Early Times.
有吉米宾和早时年两种
Quartermaster’s on the take again. Hello.
补给官又给收买了 你好
Is Sheldon or Mack there?
谢尔登或麦克在吗?
This is Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade.
我是弗兰克史雷得中校
I used to be a regular. I used to come in with a General Garbisch.
以前是常客 和贾比斯将军来过
Yes, that’s probably because he’s at Arlington six feet under.
大概是因为他现在住地府吧
Listen up. I want a table for two, and I don’t mean Siberia, 8:15.
听着 我要一张两个人的桌子 别靠厨房 8点15
Clear them little bottles off.
把那些瓶子清掉
And when I get off the phone, call up Hyman.
我打完电话 你就叫海曼来
Tell him I want it wall to wall with John Daniels.
我要满满一房间的约翰·丹尼尔酒
Uh, don’t you mean, uh, Jack Daniels?
你是说杰克·丹尼尔酒?
It may be Jack to you, son. But when you’ve known him as long as I have…
对你来说是杰克 熟客才这么叫的
That’s a joke. Hello!
开个玩笑 你好!
This is Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade. I would like a limo, 8:00.
我是弗兰克史雷得中校 八点我要一辆轿车
What are you drinking?
你要喝什么?
Uh, nothing, thanks. I don’t… I don’t use it.
不用 谢谢 我不用喝酒
What’s useful about it?
什么用不用的?
I don’t know. Listen, Colonel, I have to get going.
我不知道 中校 我要走了
Where you going?
去哪儿?
Back to school. I’ve got some real important stuff I have to take care of.
回学校去 有一些非常重要的事要做
Very well.
好啊
But I never let my aides leave on an empty stomach.
但我从不让助理饿着离开
You’ll dine with me and then my driver will transport you
吃完晚餐 我司机会送你
to the airport for the Boston Shuttle departing at 2200 hours.
去飞机场搭十点去波士顿的飞机
Meanwhile, unpack my bag.
现在 打开我的行李箱
I’m gonna christen the latrine.
我要上厕所
What’s your name, driver?
你叫什么名字 司机?
Manny, sir. Manny.
曼尼 先生 曼尼
The bellhops at the Waldorf, are they any good at getting escorts?
华尔道夫的小妞好不好?
I wouldn’t know, sir. What would you know?
我不知道 先生 那你知道什么?
About what? About you know what?
哪方面的? 你知道哪方面?
Maybe I could manage something.
或许我能做点安排
I’m talking top of the line, now.
我要的可是一流的
Let me think about this, sir.
我想一想 先生
What’s the matter with you?
你怎么回事?
With me? Yeah. Car feels heavy. You know why?
我? 车感觉很重 你知道原因吗?
You got the fucking weight of the world on your shoulders.
全世界都在你肩上了
I got a little problem at school, that’s all.
学校里出了点事 仅此而已
Spit it out! It’s not a big deal, all right?
说出来吧 不是什么大事 好吗?
Where we going, the Oak Room or something?
我们去哪儿 橡树厅还是?
If it’s not a big deal, why did you say “real important stuff”?
如果不是什么大事 那你为什么说是”非常重要的事”?
What are you doing, banging the dean’s daughter? Hah!
你和院长女儿上床了?
No.I’m just in a little trouble. What kind of trouble?
不 惹了点麻烦而已 哪类麻烦?
I saw some guys doing something.
我看到有些家伙做的些事
To tell or not to tell, or it’s your ass.
说或者不说 或者自己倒霉
How’d you know that? I’m a wizard.
你怎么知道? 我是男巫
Give me the details, come on.
从头说起 快点
There’s this guy at school named Harry.
在学校有个叫哈瑞的
He’s the real rich kid.
他很有钱
He like… runs the show.
他当头儿
Who else?
其他人呢?
There’s another guy, George, but George didn’t do anything.
另一个叫乔治 什么也没做
George and I saw Harry and his buddies doing something.
我和乔治看到了哈瑞那伙做的事
Now, the folks at Baird,
现在博德的人
they know you and George can identify the guilty parties?
知道你和乔治能抓出元凶?
Yeah, they think we can.
是的 他们认为我们能
George is a friend of yours. He’s not a friend, but he’s all right.
乔治是你的朋友 不是 不过他人不坏
You trust him? Yeah, I guess so.
你相信他? 大概是吧
He’s on scholarship too? No, why?
他也拿奖学金? 不 有关系吗?
We got George, we got Harry, we got trouble.
我们有乔治 哈瑞 和麻烦
They’re rich, you’re poor. You wanna get rich.
他们有钱 你没钱 你想有钱
You wanna graduate Baird, become a rich big shot like them.
你想毕业后像他们一样有钱
Am I right? No. It’s not that way at all.
对不对? 不 不完全是
Okay, Charlie!
好吧 查理
Here we are, gentlemen, the Oak Room.
到了 橡树厅
The Oak Room!
橡树厅!
Bring us a menu and double Jack Daniels on the rocks.
拿份菜单和双份杰克·丹尼尔加冰
Charlie, sit down here.
查理 坐这儿
Uh, perhaps you’ll feel more comfortable in this, sir.
也许您穿上这件会更舒服些 先生
You look great!
看上去很帅
Thank you.
谢谢
Here we are, Charlie, the Oak Room.
这就是橡树厅 查理
Now, read me the bill of fare.
现在念菜单吧
Uh, let’s see.
好的
You got the Oak Room Burger and fries for $24.
橡树厅汉堡加薯条要24块钱
Where’s the booze? Flowing like mud around here.
酒呢? 上菜慢的就像这周围都是泥巴一样
A $24 hamburger?
24块的汉堡?
W What’s the story?
怎么搞的?
What story?
什么?
Are you a rich miser or something?
你是个有钱的守财奴吗?
No, I’m just your average blind man.
不是 普通瞎子罢了
Your average blind man.
普通瞎子
How do you plan on paying for all this stuff?
你打算怎么付这些钱?
Crisp, clean dollars, American.
干干净净的美钞
I saved up my disability checks.
我存了伤残退休金
How much did you save? I mean, we flew first class,
你存了多少? 我们坐头等舱
we’re at the Waldorf Astoria, a $24 hamburger restaurant.
还住华尔道夫 吃24块钱的汉堡
All part of a plan, Charlie. You want to let me in on it?
计划的一部份 查理 你想要我加入你的计划?
Why should I? You’re not interested. You don’t give a shit!
为什么要? 你又没兴趣
You’re leaving on that last shuttle out of La Guardia.
你就要坐飞机走了
You got 15 minutes, son. I don’t think you’re gonna make it,
只剩15分钟 很可能赶不上了
unless the Oak Room keeps some complimentary helicopter on the roof.
除非橡树厅阳台上有直升机
No, sir. No!
不 先生 不
You’re here till tomorrow.
你得待到明天
You said the last shuttle leaves at 2200 hours.
你说最后班机22点起飞
That’s 10:00, right?
那就是晚上10点 对吧?
Last I heard, yeah.
我是这么听说的
It’s only 8:30.
现在只有八点半
I lied. Leaves at 9:00.
骗你的 飞机九点起飞
It leaves at 9:00? Calm down. Calm down.
九点起飞? 别紧张 别紧张
Ahh! The truth is, Charlie,
事实上 查理
I need a guide dog to help me execute my plan. What plan?
我需要一只导盲犬帮我执行计划 什么计划?
You have a right to know.
你有权利知道
It’s not really a plan, Charlie. It’s sort of a… more like a tour,
不全是计划 查理 更像是个旅行
a little tour of pleasures:
小小的快乐之旅
stay in a first class hotel, eat an agreeable meal,
住一流的饭店 享用美食
drink a nice glass of wine,
饮一杯好酒
see my big brother. Nothing like family, you know.
看我大哥 亲情最伟大
And then, make love to a terrific woman.
然后和一个妙女郎做爱
After that…
再之后…
Yeah?
之后什么?
I’m gonna lie down on my big, beautiful bed at the Waldorf
我要躺在华尔道夫的豪华大床
and blow my brains out.
然后把我的脑袋射烂
May I tell you our specials? You may, sir.
能向你们建议特餐吗? 可以
Tonight we have charred venison with buckwheat spaetzle and green peppercorn.
今日特餐有嫩烤碧玉丝和胡椒子
Grilled veal, tomato tapenade, and roasted eggplants.
烤牛肉 番茄盘装菜 和烧茄子
Get me a napkin. My mouth’s watering.
给我张餐巾纸 我在流口水呢
If you like our souffle for dessert, it would be good to order it now.
如果您要奶酥派 最好现在就点
Yes, on the souffle. Give us a half of a minute on the rest.
先点奶酥 其他的给半分钟时间我们想一想
Very good, sir.
好的 先生
I’m leaning towards the spaetzle. Colonel Slade
我想吃烤碧绿丝 史雷德中校
Charlie, rolls on the table? Give them to me.
桌上有小面包吗? 给我拿点来
You should try these rolls.
你一定要尝尝
I used to dream about them when I was at Fort Huachuca.
我在赫德堡时做梦都梦到它们
Colonel Slade Bread’s no good west of the Colorado.
史雷德中校 科罗拉多以西的面包就不行了
Water’s too alkaline. Colonel Slade, did you say
水太涩嘴了 史雷德中校 刚才你说
Did I hear you right?
我没听错吧?
You said you’re gonna kill yourself?
你说你要自杀?
No, I said I was gonna blow my brains out.
不 我说我要把脑袋打开花
Try one of these rolls, Charlie. I buttered it for you.
试个小面包 查理 我帮你抹了黄油