帮帮他
Help him?
-好吧 -你会吗
– All right. – You will?
好的 雷来了
Okay. Oh, here’s Ray.
跟他说话 你不说话时总是撇着嘴
Just talk to him, ’cause when you don’t your mouth turns down.
-嗨 亲爱的 -你们好 美女们
– Hi, honey. – Hello, pretty ladies.
-你好 黛安 -你好 雷
– Hi, Diane. – Hi, Ray.
你下班后要做什么
So what are you doing after work?
我通常会在晚饭后休息一下
I usually have a break after the dinner service
如果你想过来可以趁那时候
if you want to stop by.
晚些时候想一起做点什么吗
Want to do something later?
我知道你觉得我的工作很奇怪
I know you think my job is strange.
你不喜欢老人 对吧
You don’t like old people, do you?
-我吗 我当然喜欢 -别装了
– Me? Sure I do. – Come on.
除了一件事 我以前在自助餐厅工作
Well, except for one thing. I used to work at a smorgasbord,
老人们会蜂拥而至
and, you know, the old people would flock there,
他们喜欢吃东西
and they loved to eat.
他们塞的满嘴都是
They’d just jam their mouths, you know?
他们就张着嘴吃饭
They just would eat with their mouths open.
说实话 我受不了这点
To be honest, it’s just too much for me.
你得想想生命是多么短暂
I mean, you- you get to be thinking about how short life is…
想想或许一切都没有意义
and how maybe- maybe everything has no meaning.
因为你醒来 然后你又煎汉堡
Because you wake up, and then you’re frying burgers,
接着你就 六七十岁了
and then you’re, like, 60 and 70,
接着 你就死了
and then, you know, you check out.
而你在干什么
And what are you doing?
我只是不想考虑这类问题
I just don’t need to think about those kinds of things.
所以我才会…
So that- that’s the reason I was, um-
但我不知道我说的对不对
But I’m not sure I’m right about any of that.
我觉得你这是年龄歧视
I think that’s ageism.
因为他们老了 就对他们有偏见
That’s being prejudiced against people because they’re old.
或许他们的嘴没有你的灵活了
Maybe their mouths don’t work as well as yours.
是吗
Really?
我…
I- well-
你改变了我的想法
You’re really turning me around here.
我想我只是看问题的角度错了
I was just looking at it the wrong way, I think.
我还应该来吗
Should I still come by?
待会儿来
Stop by later.
-好的 我会的 -好的 再见
– Okay. All right, I will. – Okay, bye.
一会儿见 拜拜
I’ll-I’ll see you later. Bye.
-你一定要见见贝丝 -好的
– You have to meet Bess. – Okay.
她太棒了 她93岁了 是个作家
She’s amazing. She’s 93, she’s a writer,
我跟她提过你
and I told her about you.
等等 你跟她提过我吗
Wait a minute. You told her about me?
是的
Yes.
你说了什么
What’d you say?
总之跟她见个面吧
Just meet her.
这是贝丝 劳埃德 贝丝
This is Bess. Lloyd, Bess.
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hello.
你太高了
You’re too tall.
她喜欢你
She likes you.
好了 你们好吗
Okay, how you doing? Hello.
我是劳埃德
Uh, I’m Lloyd.
我们将观看《魔茧》这部电影
We’re gonna watch this movie Cocoon.
我从来没看过 听说它很好看
I’ve never actually seen it. I hear it’s very good.
我听说它会让人很开心
I hear it makes you very happy.
所以我觉得这是件好事 一部值得看的好电影
So I figure that’s a good thing- a good film to see-
能让你们开心的电影
one that makes you happy.
是关于一群老人去太空的故事
It’s about a group of older people who go to outer space.
希望我没有剧透什么
Hope I didn’t give anything away there.
电影还没开始呢 泰勒先生
The movie hasn’t started yet, Mr. Taylor.
-我们会很享受的 -谢谢你
– We’re gonna have a good time. – Thank you.
-你会留下来看电影吗 -会 我们一起看
– Are you going to stay and watch? – Sure, we’ll both stay.
为什么我不能再吃爆米花了
Why can’t I eat popcorn anymore?
我去给你拿其他吃的
I’ll get you something.
好的 《魔茧》开始了
Okay. So, here we go with Cocoon.
-他们都很棒 -很好
– So they’re cool. – That was good.
很好 很好 很好
Good, good, good.
和你在一起 我心里很愧疚
I feel so bad being with you.
我觉得我很自私
I feel selfish.
我觉得我应该多陪陪我爸爸
I feel like I should be spending more time with my dad.
我知道 这对你不公平
I mean, it’s not fair to you,
和你在一起的半数时间 我都在想其他事
when half the time I’m with you I’m thinking of other things.
谢谢
Thank you.
没事的 这很正常
It’s okay. Everybody does that.
我只是不想搞得太沉重 我觉得超负荷了
I just don’t want it to get too heavy. I feel really overloaded.
我有一个趋同理论
I have this theory of convergence
认为好坏事好事总是一起发生
that good things always happen with bad things.
我是说
I mean, like,
我知道人应该同时处理它们
I know you have to deal with them at the same, you know, time.
但我只是…
But I just-
我不知道它们为什么要同时发生
I don’t know why they have to happen at the same time.
我不知道为什么
I mean, I don’t know why.
我希望我能制定出一个时间表
I just wish I could work out some sort of schedule.
我在胡言乱语吧
Am I just babbling?
-你懂我的意思吗 -不
– Do you know what I mean? – No.
我只是现在无法享受任何社交生活
I just can’t have any social life right now.
别担心
Don’t worry about it.
我们只是在喝咖啡
We’re just having coffee.
我们反社交就行了
We’ll be antisocial.
-做朋友吗 -是啊 有发展潜力的那种
– Be friends? – Yeah, with potential.
有发展潜力的朋友
Ah, friends with potential.
没错 保持一档 继续开 感受一下
Yeah, keep going in first. Keep going around. Get the feel of it.
感受离合器 如果你再踩深一点呢
Feel the clutch. If you put it in a little?
你知道踩深的结果了 那感觉…
You know how it’ll come out, and it feels, you know—
再转一点 再多转一点 很好 就是这样
Little more, little more. Yeah. Yeah, yeah. That’s all right.
挂一档继续开 感受它
Go around just in first. Just feel it. Right.
还挺简单的
It’s kind of all right.
-但现在我… -等你觉得有自信了
– But now when I- – When you feel confident-
或许你可以慢慢进二挡
If you’ll just maybe ease it into second.
好了 停车 停车
Well, all right. Put it— Put it—
-听我说 -我这样会弄坏我的车吗
– All right, listen. – Am I wrecking my car with this?
这很重要
This is very important.
是啊 是有点 但是听着 这很重要
Yeah, you are a little bit. But listen. It’s important.
当你感觉车有点动力了 把离合器踩下去
When you feel it start to give, put the clutch in.
-当你感觉… -我是在给油 当我感到…
– When you feel– – I was putting the gas on when I felt-
没错 因为…
Yeah, ’cause then-
再给点油 再给点 慢慢地
A little more gas, more gas. Ease it out.
好吧 不 小挫折
All right. No- Minor setback.
现在你有自信了 对吧
Now that you’re feeling confident, right?
你感觉好多了
You feel like…better about it.
现在换二档 再稍微给一脚油
Now go into second. A little more gas.
很棒 你已经搞懂了 没问题的
Yeah! You get this— You get this, no problem.
然后你可以换回一档
Now maybe you’ll downshift… to first.
那声音听起来正常吗
Does it sound normal?
不 不算正常
Well, no, it’s not normal,
不过等你开熟了 就不会听到那种声音了
but as you get better, you hear less of it.
手刹 手刹 别忘了拉手刹
Brake, brake. Get the brake.
-我们换座吧 想换过来吗 -好
– Let’s switch. You wanna switch? – Yeah.
我来开车吧
I’ll drive? All right.
-抱歉 -抱歉
– I’m sorry. – I’m sorry.
-我们出去兜一圈好吗 -好啊
– Let’s get out of here. You want to? – Yeah.
好了
Okay.
-你舒服吗 -舒服
– Are you comfortable? – Yes.
你在发抖吗
Are you shaking?
没有
No.
你在发抖
You’re shaking.
我觉得没有
I don’t think so.
你浑身发冷
You’re cold.
我不觉得冷
I don’t think I am.
那你为什么在抖
Then why are you shaking?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!