Yeah.
-你觉得我该穿这条裙子吗 -嗯
– You think I should wear this dress? – Yeah.
或者…
Or—
-或者我可以穿这件 -很漂亮
– Or I could always wear this one. – That’s nice.
我忘了告诉你今天晚餐的客人
I forgot to tell you who’ll be at the dinner tonight.
我爸的会计
Uh, my dad’s accountant, um,
还有在他养老院工作的两位女士
and two women that work in his nursing home.
我知道你不认识他们 但会很有趣的
I know you don’t know them, but it’ll be fun.
老天 这字典可真大
Boy, this is a mother dictionary!
我知道 我从小就有了
I know. I’ve had it forever.
我以前就喜欢在上面记录我查过的单词
I used to have this thing with marking the words I looked up.
或者我穿这件
Or I have this one.
-这件很好看 -是吗
– That’s a nice one. – Yeah?
-嗯 你该穿这件 -你这么觉得吗
– Yeah, you should wear that. – Think so?
-我们最好下楼了 -是啊 我得换衣服了
– Better get downstairs, huh? – Yeah. I gotta change.
晚餐真棒
It’s a great meal, you two.
-你看上去美极了 黛安 -谢谢
– You just look beautiful, Diane. – Oh, thank you.
一样的眼睛 一样的鼻子 一样的嘴巴
Same eyes, same nose, same mouth.
差几毫米就有这么大不同
See what a few millimeters can do?
他们让你坐哪家航♥空♥公♥司♥的飞机去英国
So, what airline do they send you over to England on?
包机
A charter.
她不是世界上最好的飞机乘客 我跟你们说
She’s not the world’s greatest flier. Let me tell ya.
-她8岁的时候… -爸
– When she was eight years old, she– – Dad.
-为什么我不能讲这个故事 -什么故事
– Now, why can’t I tell the story? – What story?
如果你非要告诉大家 就让我来说
If you’re gonna tell it, let me tell it.
让我先起个头
Well, let me start.
我坐飞机去洛杉矶出差时
I’m flying down to Los Angeles on business,
我决定带她第一次坐飞机
and I decide to take her on her first airplane.
我知道飞机的飞行原理 但我还是有点紧张
I knew how planes flew, but I was still a little nervous.
飞机坠毁妄想症
Crash paranoia.
我心里有个检查清单
I had a checklist in mind.
我想着如果飞机上有婴儿
I thought if babies were on the plane,
那么飞机就不会坠毁
the plane couldn’t crash.
但是所有的婴儿都在哭
But all the babies were crying,
我觉得他们知道一些我不知道的事
and I thought they knew something I didn’t.
总之 他们关了门 她就开始尖叫
So anyway, they close the doors and she starts to scream.
我这辈子都没听过有人尖叫成那样
I never in my life heard anybody scream like that.
然后你站起来 叫他们把飞机掉头
Then you got up, and you told them to turn the plane around.
他们照做了
Which they did.
-让我说完 -好吧 我放弃
– Let me finish. – Okay, I give up.
有两个联邦法警上了飞机
So anyway, these two federal marshals meet the plane,
记下了我们的地址
and they take our address,
他们让我们永远别坐飞机了
and they ask us never to fly the friendly skies again.
你从没坐过飞机吗
You never flew?
没有 但这故事还有下文
No. But there’s more.
是的 飞机上…
Oh, yeah! There was, um—
有个乘客在录音棚工作
Somebody on the plane worked in a recording studio.
然后我们接到一个电♥话♥
And we get this telephone call,
那个人是负责音效录制的
and this guy’s making a sound-effects record,
他拿到了我们的地址
and he’d gotten our address,
他想知道他能否过来录下她的尖叫声
and he wanted to know if he could come over and record her scream.
最后也真的录了 偶尔在广♥告♥上
Which they did. And every once in a while on a commercial
你都可以听见我的尖叫
you can hear me scream.
你们父女真的太神奇了
You two are amazing. You know?
你们 你们 你们对话的方式
They way– They way– The way you talk.
我只是 我跟谁都不会这样
I’m just like– I’m not even like that with anybody.
-这是个自动点唱机 -谢你赏识 劳埃德
– It’s a stellar jukebox, sir. – Thanks, Lloyd.
你怎么搞到这个的
How do you obtain one of those?
我们买♥♥这个沃利策点唱机花了多少 艾尔
Uh, what did we pay for the Wurlitzer, Al?
那家伙都舍不得卖♥♥它
Well, that guy didn’t want to part with it.
大约 9000美元吗
A little matter of, uh, $9,000?
劳埃德 你从湖木高中毕业了是吗
So, Lloyd, you graduated Lakewood, right?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你现在打算做什么
What are you gonna do now?
是啊 劳埃德
Yeah, Lloyd.
你对未来有什么规划
What are your plans for the future?
在黛安离开之前 尽量多陪她
Spend as much time as possible with Diane before, uh, she leaves.
说真的 劳埃德
Seriously, Lloyd.
我非常非常认真
I’m totally and completely serious.
不 实在点的
No, really.
你是说 事业吗
You mean, like, career?
我不知道 如果…
I don’t know. If, uh-
我想了很多 先生
I’ve thought about this quite a bit, sir.
我不得不说 考虑到未来的变数
I would have to say, considering what’s waiting out there for me,
我不想把卖♥♥东西
I don’t want to sell anything,
买♥♥东西或者处理东西当做一种事业
buy anything or process anything as a career.
我不想卖♥♥任何买♥♥来或者加工过的东西
I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed,
或是买♥♥任何售卖♥♥的或是加工过的东西
or buy anything sold or processed,
或是 处理任何买♥♥卖♥♥过
or… process anything sold, bought…
加工过的东西 或是修理买♥♥卖♥♥加工过的东西
or processed, or repair anything sold, bought or processed.
我不想把那些当做一个事业
You know, as a career, I don’t want to do that.
所以 我父亲在军队里
So, uh, my father’s in the army.
他想让我参军
He wants me to join,
但是我不能为国家这个大企业工作
but I can’t work for that corporation.
所以我这段时间都在练踢拳
Um, so what I’ve been doing lately is kickboxing.
这是个新运动 但我认为它…
Which is a, uh, new sport, but I think it’s…
有很好的前景
got a good future.
至于职业寿命 我真的不知道
As far as career longevity, I don’t really know,
因为 真的也不好说
because, you know, you can’t really tell.
如果你86岁了 即使是拳击手 也没什么用
If you’re eight-and-six as a fighter, it’s no good.
你必须很出色
You have to be great.
但我现在不知自己算不算出色
But I can’t tell if I’m great
只有参加过几次职业拳击赛后才知道
until I’ve had a couple of pro fights.
但我还没被打倒过
But I haven’t been knocked down yet.
我不知道 我不可能今晚就想清楚
I don’t know. I can’t figure it all out tonight,
所以我只想和你女儿待在一起
so I’m just gonna hang with your daughter.
-你们好 -是詹姆斯·科特先生吗
– Hello. – Mr. James Court?
是的 请问有什么事吗
Yeah. Can I help you?
我是希姆斯先生 这位是塔波特先生
I’m Mr. Sims, and this is Mr. Talbot.
我们是国家税务局的探员
We’re special agents of the Internal Revenue Service.
我们想通知你
And we’d like to inform you
你正在接受1982年至1986年
that you are under criminal investigation
纳税年度的刑事调查
for the tax years 1982 through 1986.
老天
Jesus.
怎么 难道我是住在宫殿里吗
What, I live in a palace, right?
我有客人在
I have guests here.
-了解以下权利… -和我的律师谈去吧
– Understanding the following rights– – Speak with my lawyer.
所以你拒绝回答我的问题吗
So you refuse to answer my questions?
你可以去我的公♥司♥谈 老天呐
Just come down to my place of business, for God’s sake.
我有客人在
I have people here.
科特先生 请知悉
Mr. Court, be aware
我们将与贵公♥司♥的许多生意伙伴联♥系♥
that we will be contacting a number of your business associates-
-今晚就到这里 -以及你的前妻
– This evening is over. – And your former wife.
妈 求你了
Mom, please.
黛安 我和那个男人的确有段历史
Diane, I do have a history with this man,
并且那不是最美好的时光
and it’s not the greatest.
我很少见到你 真想听听你的事
I see you so seldom, I’d really rather hear about you.
我就是在跟你说我自己的事啊
This is me telling you about me.
我都不知道
You know, I don’t even know
你有没有男朋友
if you’ve got a young man in your life.
我想知道
I just wonder
还有什么比爸爸的事更重要
what could be more important than what’s going on with Dad.
如果我们能谈谈男孩子
If we could just talk about boys,
一切都要简单多了
everything would be so much easier.
你的房♥间一直为你备着 随时可以去住
You know, your room is always ready for you.
只要你想 随时都可以回家
You can come home if you want.
好吧 你想让我做什么
All right. What do you want me to do?
如果他们找你问话
If they ask you questions-
他们很可能会找你问话的
and they probably will ask you questions-
你能说点关于他的好话吗 妈
would you please say something nice about him, Mom?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!