以后18年的每个秋天你再找我的时候
and clear again when you approached me every annum
我还是无比确信
for the subsequent 18 years,
说实话 我感觉无路可逃了
and quite honestly, I feel corralled.
帕梅 我最不想做的事就是
Oh, now, Pam, the last thing
让你感觉好像
I want to do is make you feel as though…
请叫我特拉弗斯夫人 我实在
Would you mind? My name is “Mrs. Travers.” I do…
帕梅 听我说 我确实答应过女儿
See, I promised them, Pam. Now, that’s a fact.
你有孩子吗
You got kids?
没有
No. Well, not precisely.
我从前没有 将来也不会
I have never, and absolutely never,
对任何一个
gone back on a promise
女儿食言
I made to either one of my daughters.
这就是做父亲的意义所在 对吧
Now, that’s what being “Daddy” is all about, right?
是吗
Is it?
我们的动画片
See, our motion picture
不仅会给我们的孩子带来欢乐
is not just gonna make my kids happy.
还会给所有孩子和大人带来欢乐
It’s gonna make all kids happy. Adults, too.
因为我的伙伴们会对她进行革命性的创新
Because my guys are gonna do things with it
帕梅 是革命性的
that are revolutionary, Pam. Revolutionary!
你的玛丽·波平斯会真的
Your Mary Poppins is gonna literally fly off the pages
从书页中飞出来
of your books.
谢谢 汤米
Oh. Thank you, Tommie.
这个会魔法的女人原来只活在你的想象中
This magical woman who has only lived inside your head,
以后你将会看到她 跟她说话
well, you are gonna be able to meet her, speak to her.
你会听到她唱歌♥
You’re gonna hear her sing.
对了 唱歌♥ 很高兴你提到这个
Now, the singing, I’m very glad you’ve come to that.
请先倒牛奶
Milk in first, please.
再倒茶
Then the tea.
再来一勺糖
And a spoonful of sugar.
你不是要把这部电影做成音乐剧吧
You don’t intend for this film to be a musical?
确实要做音乐剧
I absolutely do.
不行
No.
-不行 -不行
– No? – No.
迪斯尼先生 玛丽·波平斯不唱歌♥
Mr. Disney, Mary Poppins does not sing.
不 她唱歌♥
Yes, she does.
-什么时候 -你的书里
– When? – In your books.
不 那些不是唱歌♥ 是朗诵
No, those aren’t songs. They’re recitations.
她不是个轻佻的女人 她不会蹦蹦跳跳
She’s not a giddy woman. She’s doesn’t jig about.
我的意思是唱歌♥很轻佻
I mean, singing is frivolous.
对一个女家庭教师来说完全没必要
It’s wholly unnecessary in a governess, an educatress.
唱歌♥会直接毁了这部戏
No, it would simply ruin it.
我不想把她变成白♥痴♥的动画片
I won’t have her turned into one of your silly cartoons.
帕梅
Now, Pam…
希望你明白
I want you to know
我最不想做的事
that the last thing I would do,
最最最不想做的事
the very last thing,
就是让我珍视的故事被人遗忘
is tarnish a story I have cherished.
如今 你那些书都已经破旧不堪
Now, the pages of your books are worn to tissue.
页角折叠卷曲 页面濒临掉落
They are dog-eared and falling out,
因为我经常精读它们 抓着折磨它们
because I have pored over them, gripped and tormented.
因为我爱她 帕梅
Because I love her, Pam.
我爱玛丽·波平斯
I love Mary Poppins.
你一定要跟我分享她
And you, you have got to share her with me.
要是你不同意 我就无能为力
And nothing happens without your say-so.
非常正确
Quite right.
你要做的就是签了这份版权协议
It’s all right here in the rights agreement
你的经纪人已经同意
that was approved by your agent.
德莫特
Uh… Dermot?
迪尔米德
“Diarmuid.”
实景电影 不要动画片
A live-action film. No animation.
就是实景电影 笔给你
Live-action. Here’s a pen.
请把这些对话录下来
I’d like this on tape.
录下来
On tape?
你的承诺
Mmm. Your promise,
还有我们刚才所有的对话 都要录下来
and all the conversations we have here, on tape.
听我说
Uh-huh. There you are.
玛丽·波平斯和班克斯全家都是我的家人
Mary Poppins and the Banks, they are family to me.
这我懂 真的
I understand that. I do.
那好 我们可以开始了吗
Well, then. Shall we begin?
我们来创造一些艺术品
Let’s make something wonderful.
我们还是先看看有没有可能吧
Well, let’s see if that’s at all possible.
测试 一 二 三
Testing. One, two, three.
测试 一 二
Testing. One, two.
这乱七八糟的都是些什么玩意儿
What is all this jollification?
我们要过完整个剧本
We’ve got a whole script to get through.
这一天会很长 T夫人
It’s gonna be a long day, Mrs. T.
特拉弗斯夫人
Mrs. Travers.
光是把这间屋里的食物捐出去
You could save a starving country
就能拯救一个国家的饥民
with benefaction from this room alone.
真是太粗俗了
It’s just, ugh, so vulgar.
那玩意儿打开了吗
Did you turn on the thing?
好 现在我们开始
Yes. Now, let us begin.
第一场
“Scene 1.”
外景 樱桃树大街
“Exterior, Cherry Tree Lane…”
外 外是什么
“Ext”? What’s “Ext.”?
外景
“Exterior.”
意思是场景发生在户外
It means the scene takes place outside.
明白了 是缩写
Oh, I see. It is an abbreviation.
不好意思 达格拉迪先生
I’m so sorry, Mr. DaGradi,
你有没有觉得你应该
do you feel that you should be…
特拉弗斯夫人 你是客啊
Oh. Please, be my guest, Mrs. Travers.
我觉得最好我来读 读自己的书
I do think it’s best. I have the most practice.
我最合适不过了 你说呢
Readings of my books, you know?
那是自然
Absolutely.
开始 第一场 外景
Anyway. “Scene 1. Exterior.
樱桃树大街17 伦敦 白天
“17 Cherry Tree Lane, London. Day.”
好 这段不错 可以保留
Yes, that’s good. That can stay.
这只是场景标题
That’s just the scene heading.
不过 我觉得应该叫
Although, I do think we should say
17号♥ 而不是只有17
“Number 17,” instead of just”17.”
这样更准确一些 是不是
It’s proper, yes?
没人会看这个
No one’s gonna see it.
我会看
I will see it.
写下来 写下来 快点
Write it down. Write it down. Chop, chop.
这些都录下来了吗 录音机打开了吗
Is that on the tape? Have we got that?
打开了
Uh… Yes.
非常好 继续
Very good. Onwards.
抱歉 打扰一下
I’m sorry to interrupt.
-这是在开玩笑吗 -什么
– Is that a joke? – Excuse me?
你觉得你是个喜剧演员吗
Do you think you are a comedienne?
不好意思 我没明白
I’m sorry, I don’t understand.
好吧 这
Well, it’s…
太不可思议了 有点挡路
Unbelievable. In the way.
多莉 我们的食物足够了
Dolly, I think we’re all set with food.
谢谢你
Thank you.
第一场 外景
“Scene 1. Exterior.
樱桃树大街17号♥ 伦敦 白天
“Number 17, Cherry Tree Lane, London. Day.”
伯特 单人
“Bert. a one-man. ”
谣传范·戴克先生要演这个角色
Oh, the rumor is that this is to be your Mr. Van Dyke.
-是真的吗 -我们希望如此
– Is that right? – We do hope so.
我们稍后再研究这个 这想法太可怕了
Well, we’ll see about that. It’s a horrid idea.
迪克很出色
Dick is one of the greats.
迪克·范·戴克
Dick Van Dyke?
是的
Yes.
罗伯特 亲爱的
Robert, my dear.
奥利维尔才是出色的演员
Olivier is one of the greats.
伯顿 吉尼斯 毫无疑问也很出色
Burton, Guinness, greats without question.
但我敢保证
I can assure… I can assure you that
迪克·范·戴克并不出色
Dick Van Dyke is not.
迪克·范·戴克
Dick Van Dyke.