What pleasure can you have in it?
你能从中获得什么乐趣?
None.
没有
No, no.
不 不
Harken to me.
听我说
I have an emerald,
我有一颗绿宝石
a great round emerald, which Caesar’s minion sent me.
一颗巨大的圆形祖母绿 凯撒派宠臣送给我的
When you look through this emerald,
当你透过这块绿宝石看的时候
you can see things which happen at great distance.
你可以看到在非常遥远的地方所发生的事情
Caesar himself carries such an emerald
凯撒去看马戏的时候
when he goes to the circus.
自己也带着这样的绿宝石
Only my emerald is larger.
只是我的祖母绿比较大
I know well it is larger.
我很清楚它更大些
It is the largest emerald in the whole world.
它是全世界最大的祖母绿
You would like that, would you not?
你会喜欢的 不是吗?
Ask it of me, I will give it you.
只要你向我要 我就会给你
I demand the head of Jokanaan.
我想要乔卡南的头颅
You are not listening.
你没有在听
Salome, you are not listening.
莎乐美 你没有在听
Suffer me to speak.
请允许我说几句
The head of Jokanaan.
乔卡南的头
No, no, you would not have that.
不 不 你不会有那个的
You say that to trouble me,
你这么说是为了麻烦我
because I have looked at you all this evening.
因为我整晚都在看着你
It is true, I have looked at you.
是真的 我看过你
Your beauty troubled me.
你的美丽令我困扰
Your beauty has grievously troubled me,
你的美丽让我痛苦万分
and I have looked at you too much.
我看你看得太多了
But I will look at you no more.
但我再也不会看你了
Neither at things, nor at people should one look.
不要看东西 也不要看人
Only in mirrors should one look,
只有在镜子里才能看到
for mirrors do but show us masks.
因为镜子只会给我们看面具
Ah! Bring wine!
啊!拿酒来!
I thirst.
我渴了
Salome, come let us be friends.
莎乐美 来吧 让我们成为朋友
What would I say?
我会说什么?
What was it?
是什么?
I’ve forgotten.
我已经忘记了
Ah, yes!
啊 是的!
Nay but come nearer, Salome, I fear you will not hear me.
不 走近一点 莎乐美 怕你听不见我的话
You know my white peacocks, my beautiful white peacocks,
你知道我的白孔雀 我美丽的白色孔雀
that walk in the garden between the myrtles
在种有高大的柏树和桃金娘之间
and the tall cypress trees.
的花♥园♥里散步
Their beaks are gilded with gold,
它们的喙镶着金
and the grains that they eat
它们吃的谷物
are gilded with gold also and their feet
它们的脚也镶着金
are stained with purple.
还染上了紫色
When they cry out the rain comes,
当他们喊着下雨的时候
and the moon shows herself in the heavens
月亮出现在天空
when they spread their tails.
当它们张开尾巴的时候
Two by two they walk in the garden
他们两两成双地在花♥园♥里散步
between the black myrtles and the cypress trees,
在黑色桃金娘和柏树之间散步
and each has a slave to tend it.
每一只都有一个奴隶来照顾它
I will give them all to you.
我会把它们都给你
I have but a hundred.
我只有一百只 但我都会给你
Only you must loose me from my oath.
只要你解除我的誓言
You must not ask of me that which you have asked of me.
你对我提过的请求 不能再提了
I demand the head of Jokanaan.
我要乔卡南的头颅
Well said, my daughter!
说得好 我的女儿!
As for you, you are ridiculous with your peacocks.
至于你 你和你的孔雀真可笑
Be silent!
安静!
You cry out always, you cry out like a beast of prey.
你总是在那大喊 就像一头吃肉野兽一样大喊
You must not!
你不能在这么做了!
Your voice
你的声音
wearies me.
让我厌倦
Be silent, I say.
我说 安静
Salome, think of what you are doing.
莎乐美 想想你在做什么
This man comes perchance from God.
这个人可能是从上帝那里来的
He is a holy man.
他是个圣人
The finger of God has touched him.
上帝的手指触摸了他
God has put into his mouth terrible words.
上帝已经把可畏的话放进了他的口中
In the palace, as in the desert, God is always with him.
在宫殿里 就像在沙漠里一样 上帝总是与他同在
At least it is possible.
至少这是可能的
One does not know.
谁也不知道
It is possible that God is for him and with him.
神有可能为他而存在 与他同在
Furthermore, if he died, a misfortune might happen to me.
另外 如果他死了 我可能会遭遇不幸
In any case, he said that the day he dies,
无论如何 他说他死的那天
a misfortune will happen to someone.
有人会遭遇不幸
That could only be me.
那只能是我
Remember, I slipped in blood when I entered.
记得吗 我进来的时候被血泊绊倒了
Also, I heard in the air the beating of wings,
还有 我在空中听到的翅膀拍打的声音
the beating of giant wings.
巨大翅膀拍打的声音
These are very evil omens, and there were others.
这些都是非常凶兆 还有其他凶兆
I am sure there were others, though I did not see them.
我肯定还有凶兆 虽然我没有看见它们
Salome, you do not wish a misfortune to happen to me?
莎乐美 你不希望不幸发生在我的身上吧?
You do not wish that.
你不希望这样
Then listen to me.
那就听我说的
Give me the head of Jokanaan!
把乔卡南的头给我!
Ah, you are not listening.
啊 你没在听
Be calm.
冷静点
Be calm.
冷静点
I am calm.
我很冷静
I am quite calm.
我挺平静的
Listen.
听着
I have jewels hidden in this place,
我把珠宝藏在这个地方
jewels that are marvelous.
不可思议的珠宝
I have a collar of pearls, set in four rows
我有一串四排的珍珠项链
that are like unto moons chained with rays of silver.
就像被银光锁住的月亮
They are like 50 moons caught in a golden net.
它们就像50个被金色的网困住月亮
On the ivory of her breast, a queen has worn it.
一位女王曾在她乳白色的胸脯上佩戴过它
Thou shalt be as fair as a queen
你会像王后一样美丽
when thou wearest it, Salome.
只要你戴上它 莎乐美
I have topazes, yellow as are the eyes of tigers.
我的黄玉 黄得像老虎的眼睛
I have opals that burn always, with an ice-like flame,
我的蛋白石 像冰焰一样燃烧
opals that make sad men’s minds,
蛋白石能让悲伤的人头脑清醒
and are fearful of the shadows.
害怕阴影
I have sapphires big like eggs
我还有像鸡蛋一样大的蓝宝石
and blue as blue flowers.
蓝得像蓝色的花
The sea wanders within them
大海在他们之中游荡
and the moon comes never to trouble the blue of their waves.
月亮永远不会惊扰到它们蓝色的碧波
I have chrysolites and beryls and chrysoprases and rubies.
我有橄榄石、绿柱石、绿玛瑙和红宝石
I have sardonyx and hyacinth stone, stone of chalcedony,
我有缠丝玛瑙、红锆石和玉髓石
and I will give them all to you,
我可以把它们都给你
and other things will I add to them.
我还要加上别的东西
The King of the Indies has but even now
印度国王
sent me four fans fashioned from the feathers of parrots,
寄给我四把鹦鹉羽毛做成的扇子
and the King of Numidia, a garment of ostrich feathers.
还有努米迪亚的国王 给我寄的鸵鸟羽毛做的衣服
I have a crystal into which it is not lawful
我有一块水晶
for a woman to look,
女人和年轻人
nor may young men behold it
光是看看都不合法
till they have been beaten with rods.
直到他们被棒打
In a coffer of nacre, I have three wondrous turquoises.
在珍珠匣子里装着我那三颗奇异的绿松石
He who wears them on his forehead
谁把它们戴在额头上
can imagine things which are not,
谁就可以想象不存在的事物
and he who carries them in his hand can make women sterile.
而把它们拿在手里的人就能让女人不育
These are great treasures, Salome,
这些都是了不起的宝藏 莎乐美
these are treasures above all price.
这些是无价之宝
These are treasures without price.
这些是无价之宝
But this is not all.
但这还不是全部
In an ebony coffer,
在乌木保险箱里
I have two cups of amber, that are like apples of gold.
装着我有两个像金苹果一样的琥珀杯

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!