and my word is the word of a king.
我的话就是国王的话
The King of Cappadocia always lies,
卡帕多西亚的国王总是撒谎
but he is no true king.
但他不是真正的国王
He is a coward.
他是个懦夫
Also, he owes me money he will not repay.
还有他欠我的钱他是不会还的
He has insulted my ambassadors.
他侮辱了我的大使
He has spoken words that were wounding.
他说了伤人的话
But Caesar will crucify him when he comes to Rome.
但当他来到罗马时 凯撒会把他钉死在十字架上
I am sure Caesar will crucify him.
我相信凯撒会把他钉死在十字架上
Yet will he die, if not, being eaten of worms.
他会死吗 如果不会 被虫子吃掉
The prophet prophesied it.
先知预言了它
Well, Salome, wherefore dost thou tarry?
好吧 莎乐美 你为什么还呆站着?
I am waiting until my slaves bring perfumes to me
我在等我的奴隶给我送来香水
and the seven veils, and take off my sandals.
还有七层面纱 为我脱掉凉鞋
Ah, you are going to dance with naked feet.
啊 你会赤着脚跳舞
‘Tis well!
很好!
Oh, ’tis well.
哦 很好
Your little feet.
你的小脚
Your little feet will be like white doves.
你的小脚像白色的鸽子
They will be like little white flowers
它们会像小白花一样
that dance upon the trees.
在树上跳舞
No, no, she’s going to dance on blood.
不 不 她要在血上跳舞
There is blood spilt on the ground.
血洒在地上
She must not dance on blood.
她不能在血上跳舞
It were an evil omen.
这是一个邪恶的预兆
What is it to you whether she dance on blood or not?
她在血上跳舞和你有什么关系?
Thou has waded deep enough therein.
你蹚的水够深了
What is it to me?
这跟我有什么关系?
Ah!
啊!
Look at the moon!
看月亮!
She has become red.
她变红了
She has become red as blood.
她变得像血一样红
The prophet prophesied truly.
先知预言真实
He prophesied that the moon would become red as blood.
他预言月亮会变成血红色
Do ye not see it?
你没看见吗?
Oh, yes, I see it well,
哦 是的 我看得很清楚
and the stars are falling like ripe figs, are they not?
星星就像成熟的无花果一样坠落 不是吗?
And the sun has become black like a sackcloth of hair,
太阳黑如毛布
and the kings of the earth are afraid.
地球上的国王都很害怕
That at least one can see.
至少有人能看到
The prophet, for once in his life, was right,
先知 在他的生命中仅此一次是对的
the kings of the earth are afraid.
地球上的国王们害怕了
Let us go within.
让我们进去吧
You are sick.
你有病
They will say at Rome that you are mad.
在罗马他们会说你疯了
Let us go within, I tell you.
我说 让我们进去吧
Who is this who cometh from Edom,
从以东来的是谁
who is this who oometh from Bozra,
这个从波斯拉来的人是谁
whose raiment is dyed with purple,
这个他的衣服被染成紫色的人
who shineth in the beauty of his garments,
这个穿着美丽的衣服的人
who walketh mighty?
这个行走坚定有力的人?
It is the Lord!
是主!
Let us go within!
让我们进去!
The voice of that man maddens me!
那个人的声音让我抓狂!
I will not have my daughter dance
我不会让我女儿跳舞
while he is continually crying out.
而他却不停地哭喊
I will not have her dance
我不会让她跳舞
while you look at her in such a fashion.
而你用这种眼神看着她
In a word, I will not have her dance.
总之 我不会让她跳舞
Do not rise, my wife, my queen,
别起来 我的妻子 我的女王
it will avail thee nothing.
这对你毫无用处
I will not go within till she hath danced.
我是不会进去的 直到她跳舞
Dance, Salome, dance for me.
跳舞 莎乐美 快为我跳舞
My daughter, do not dance.
我的女儿 不要跳舞
I am ready, Tetrarch.
我准备好了 陛下
(slow flute music)
(慢笛音乐)
(sensual drum music)
(性感的鼓乐)
Wonderful!
太好了!
Wonderful!
精彩!
You see, she has danced for me, your daughter.
你看 她为我跳了舞 你的女儿
Come near, Salome,
过来 莎乐美
come near, that I may give you your reward.
过来 我好给你奖励
I pay the dancers well.
我付给舞者的报酬很丰厚的
I shall pay thee royally.
我会给你丰厚的报酬
I shall give thee whatsoever thy soul desireth.
你心里想要什么 我就给你什么
What wouldst thou have?
你想要什么?
Speak.
说话
I would that they presently bring me in a silver charger.
我希望他们马上给我送一样东西装在银盘子上
In a silver charger?
银盘子?
Surely yes, in a silver charger.
是的 银盘子
She is charming, is she not?
她很迷人 不是吗?
But what would you have them bring you in a silver charger?
但是你想要他们用银盘子给你带点什么来?
Tell me the thing.
告诉我是什么
Whatsoever it may be, I will give it you.
不管是什么 我都会给你
My treasures belong to thee.
我的宝贝都属于你
What is it, Salome?
你要的是什么 莎乐美?
The head of Jokanaan.
乔卡南的头
That is well said, my daughter.
说得好 我的女儿
No, no, Salome.
不 不 莎乐美
You do not ask me that.
你不能问我要这个
Do not listen to your mother’s voice.
不要听你母亲说的
She is ever giving you evil counsel.
她总是给你邪恶的建议
Do not heed her.
不要理会她
I do not heed my mother.
我不理会我的母亲
It is for my own pleasure that I ask
我这么问是为了我自己的快乐
for the head of Jokanaan on a silver charger.
我要乔卡南的头颅装在银盘子上
You have sworn, Tetrarch.
你发过誓 陛下
Forget not that you have sworn an oath.
别忘了你发过誓
I know.
我知道
I have sworn by my gods.
我以我的神发誓
I know it well.
我很清楚
But I pray you, Salome, ask of me something else.
但是我请求你 莎乐美 问我要点别的
Ask of me the half of my kingdom, and I will give it you.
向我要我那一半的王国 我会给你的
But ask not of me what you have asked.
但不要再问我你刚刚提过的请求
I ask of you the head of Jokanaan.
我问你要乔卡南的头颅
No, no, I do not wish it.
不 不 我不希望这样
You have sworn, Herod.
你发过誓 希律王
Yes, you have sworn.
是的 你发过誓
Everybody heard you.
所有人都听到了
You swore it. Be silent!
你发誓 安静!
It is not to you I speak.
我说的不是你
Oh, my daughter does well to ask the head of Jokanaan.
噢 我的女儿 向陛下要乔卡南的头颅 做得很好
He has covered me with insults.
他侮辱了我
He has said monstrous things against me.
他对我说了一些骇人听闻的话
One can see she loves her mother well.
可以看出她很爱她的母亲
Do not yield, my daughter.
不要屈服 我的女儿
He has sworn, he has sworn.
他发过誓 他发过誓
Be silent, speak not to me!
安静 别跟我说话!
Come, Salome, be reasonable.
来 莎乐美 讲讲道理
I have never been hard to you.
我从来没有为难过你
I have ever loved you.
我曾经爱过你
It may be that I have loved you too much.
也许是我太爱你了
Therefore ask not this thing of me.
所以不要向我提这个请求
This is a terrible thing.
这是一件可怕的事情
This is an awful thing to ask of me.
这对我是一个可怕的请求
Surely, I think that you are jesting.
当然 我觉得你是在开玩笑
The head of a man that is cut from his body,
把一个男人的头从他的身体上切下来
is ill to look upon, is it not?
这样看着不恶心吗 不是吗?
It is not meet that the eyes of a virgin
一个处♥女♥的眼睛
should look upon such a thing.
不应该看到这样的东西

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!