He shall be clothed in scarlet and purple.
他要穿着朱红色和紫色的衣服
In his hand he shall bear a golden cup
他手里应该拿着一个金杯
full of his blasphemies.
里面装满的是他的亵渎
And the angel of the Lord shall smite him.
耶♥和♥华♥的使者必会击打他
He shall be eaten of worms.
他会被虫子吃掉
You hear what he says about you.
你听到他在说你什么
He says you will be eaten of worms.
他说你会被虫子吃掉的
It is not of me that he speaks.
他说的不是我
It is of the King of Cappadocia that he speaks;
他说的是卡帕多西亚国王
the King of Cappadocia, who is my enemy.
卡帕多西亚的国王是我的敌人
It is he who shall be eaten of worms.
该被虫子吃掉的是他
It is not I.
不是我
Never has he spoken word against me, this prophet,
这位先知从来没有说过反对我的话
save that I sinned in taking to wife the wife of my brother.
除了我娶了我兄弟的妻子为妻这一罪过
It may be that he is right.
也许他是对的
For, of a truth, you are sterile.
因为 事实上你是不能生育的
I am sterile, I?
我不能生育 我?
You say that, you that are ever looking at my daughter,
你这么说 是因为看过我女儿之后
you that would have her dance for your pleasure?
想要她为了你的欢愉而跳舞?
It is absurd to say that.
这么说很荒谬
I have born a child.
我生了一个孩子
You have gotten no child, no,
你没有孩子 没有
not even from one of your slaves.
甚至你连奴隶的种也没有
It is you who are sterile, not I.
不育的是你 不是我
Peace, woman!
冷静 女人!
I say you are sterile.
我说你不育
You have born me no child,
你没有给我生孩子
and the prophet says that our marriage
先知说我们的婚姻
is not a true marriage.
不是真正的婚姻
He says it is an incestuous marriage,
他说这是乱♥伦♥的婚姻
a marriage that will bring evils.
会带来邪恶的婚姻
I fear he is right, I am sure that he is right.
恐怕他是对的 我确信他是对的
But this is not the moment to speak of such things.
但现在不是谈论这些事情的时候
I would be happy at this moment.
这一刻我会很开心
Indeed, I am happy.
的确 我很开心
Never have I been so happy.
我从来没有这么开心过
There is nothing I lack.
我什么都不缺
I am glad you are of so fair a humour tonight.
我很高兴你今晚这么幽默
It is not your custom.
这不是你的习惯
But it is late.
但是时间已经晚了
Let us go within.
让我们进去吧
Do not forget that we hunt at sunrise.
别忘了我们日出的时候还要去打猎
All honours must be paid to Caesar’s ambassadors,
所有的荣誉都必须授予凯撒的大使们
must they not?
难道不是吗?
Salome, Salome, dance for me.
莎乐美 莎乐美 为我跳舞
I pray you, dance for me.
我请求你 为我跳支舞
I am sad tonight.
今晚我很难过
I am passing sad tonight.
今晚我很难过
When I came hither I slipped in blood,
我来到这里的时候在血泊里滑了一跤
which is an evil omen,
这是一个邪恶的预兆
also I heard, I am sure I heard in the air
还有我听到了 我肯定我听到了空气中
a beating of wings,
拍打翅膀的声音
the beating of giant wings.
巨大翅膀的拍打声
I cannot tell what they mean.
我不知道他们是什么意思
Therefore dance for me.
所以为我跳舞吧
I pray you, Salome, I beseech you, dance for me.
我祈祷你莎乐美我 恳求你 为我跳舞
Salome, if you dance for me,
莎乐美 如果你为我跳舞
you may ask of me what you will,
你可以向我说出你想要的东西
and I will give it to you, even unto the half of my kingdom.
我甚至可以给你我一半的王国
Will you indeed give me whatsoever I shall ask, Tetrarch?
你真的会给我吗 无论我要求什么 陛下?
Do not dance, my daughter.
不要跳舞 我的女儿
Everything, even the half of my kingdom.
一切 甚至是我半个王国
You swear it, Tetrarch?
你发誓 陛下?
I swear it, Salome.
我发誓 莎乐美
By what will you swear, Tetrarch?
你用什么发誓 陛下?
By my life, by my crown, by my gods.
以我的生命 以我的王冠 以我的神
Whatsoever you desire
无论你想要什么
I will give it to you, even unto the half of my kingdom,
我会给你 就算是我一半的王国
if you will but dance for me.
如果你愿意为我跳舞
O, Salome,
哦 莎乐美
Salome, dance for me!
莎乐美 为我跳舞吧!
You have sworn, Tetrarch.
你发过誓 陛下
I have sworn, Salome.
我发过誓 莎乐美
My daughter, do not dance.
我的女儿 不要跳舞
Thou wilt be passing fair as queen.
你将被视为女王
Salome, if it please thee to ask for the half of my kingdom.
莎乐美 如果你愿意 请你收下我的一半王国
Will she not be fair as queen?
她不像王后一样美丽吗?
Ah!
啊!
It is cold here!
这里很冷!
There is an icy wind.
寒风刺骨
And I hear in the air,
我在空气中听到
wherefore do I hear in the air this beating of wings?
为什么我能在空中听到翅膀拍动的声音?
One might fancy a bird,
想象一下有一只鸟
a huge black bird that hovers over the terrace.
一直盘旋在阳台上的、巨大的黑鸟
Why can I not see it, this bird?
为什么我看不见这只鸟?
The beat of its wings is terrible.
它翅膀拍击的声音很可怕
The breath of the wind of its wings is terrible.
它振翅时带来的风的气息太可怕了
It is a chill wind.
这是寒风
Nay, but it is not cold, it is hot.
不 但不是寒风 是热风
I am choking.
我窒息了
Pour water on my hands.
把水倒在我手上
Give me snow to eat.
给我点雪吃
Loosen my mantle.
松开我的斗篷
Quick! Quick!
快!快!
Loosen my mantle.
松开我的斗篷
Nay, leave it!
不 别管它!
It is my garland that hurts me, my garland of roses.
是我的花环刺痛了我 我的玫瑰花环
The flowers are like fire.
花儿像火一样
They burn my forehead.
它们灼伤了我的前额
I can breathe now.
我现在可以呼吸了
How red those rose petals are.
那些玫瑰花瓣多么红啊
They are like stains of blood on the cloth.
它们就像布上的血迹
That does not matter.
那不重要
You must not find symbols in everything you see.
你不能在你看到的所有东西中都找到符号♥
It makes life impossible.
它让生命变得不可能
It were better to say that stains of blood
最好是说血迹
are as lovely as rose petals.
像玫瑰花瓣一样可爱
It were better far to say that.
这样说更好
But we will not speak of this.
但我们不会谈论这个
Now I am happy.
现在我很开心
I am, passing happy!
我很开心!
Have I not a right to be happy?
我没有快乐权利吗?
Your daughter is going to dance for me.
你女儿要为我跳舞
Will you not dance for me, Salome?
你不为我跳舞吗 莎乐美?
You have promised to dance for me.
你答应为我跳舞
[Herodias] I will not have her dance.
[希罗底]我不会让她跳舞
I will dance for you, Tetrarch.
我会为你跳舞 陛下
You hear what your daughter says?
你听到你女儿说什么了吗?
She is going to dance for me.
她要为我跳舞
You do well to dance for me, Salome.
你能为我跳舞这很好 莎乐美
And once you have danced for me,
一旦你为我跳过舞
forget not to ask of me whatsoever you will.
不要忘了问我你想要什么
Whatsoever you will I will give it you,
无论你想要什么我都会给你
even unto the half of my kingdom.
甚至是我的半个王国
I have sworn it, have I not?
我发过誓 不是吗?
You have sworn it, Tetrarch.
你发过誓 陛下
And I have never broken my word.
我从未食言
I am not of those who break their oaths.
我不是违背誓言的人
I know not how to lie.
我不知道怎么撒谎
I am a slave to my word,
我是我话语的奴隶

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!