If an enemy pour poison into these cups,
如果敌人往这些杯子里下毒
they become like an apple of silver.
它们就会变得像银苹果
In a coffer encrusted with amber,
在一个镶满琥珀的保险箱里
I have sandals encrusted with glass.
装着我有镶玻璃的凉鞋
I have mantles brought here from the land of the Seres,
还有我从塞利斯之地带来的披风
bracelets decked about with carbuncles and with jade
还有来自幼发拉底河城市产的
that comes from the city of Euphrates.
用红宝石和玉石装饰的手镯
What desirest thou more than this, Salome?
你还有什么比这更想要的呢,莎乐美?
Tell me the thing that thou desirest,
告诉我你想要的东西
and I will give it thee.
我会给你的
All that thou askest I will give thee, save one thing.
凡你所求的 我都赐给你 来救一条命
I will give thee all that is mine,
我会把我的一切都给你
save one life.
来拯救一条生命
I will give thee the mantle of the high priest.
我会给你大祭司的斗篷
I will give thee the veil of the sanctuary.
我会给你圣所的纱幔
Give me the head of Jokanaan.
把乔卡南的头颅给我
(thunder claps)
(雷声隆隆)
Let her be given what she asks.
让她得到她想要的
For of a truth she is her mother’s child.
她的确是她母亲的孩子
(laughing)
(笑)
Who has taken my ring?
谁拿了我的戒指?
There was a ring on my right hand.
我的右手上有一枚戒指
Who has drunk my wine?
谁喝了我的酒?
There was wine in my cup.
我的杯子里有酒
It was full of wine.
里面装满了酒
Someone has drunk it.
有人喝过
Surely some evil will befall someone.
一定会有厄运降临到某人身上
Wherefore did I give my oath?
我为何起誓呢?
Kings ought never to pledge their word.
国王不该许下诺言
For if they keep it not, it is terrible.
因为如果他们不遵守诺言 那就太可怕了
And if they keep it, it is terrible also.
如果他们遵守 那也很可怕
My daughter has done well.
我的女儿做得很好
I am sure that a misfortune will happen.
我确信一场不幸将会发生
Why does he not cry out, this man?
这个人为什么不叫一声?
If any man sought to kill me, I would cry out,
如果有人想杀我 我定会大声喊叫
I would struggle, I would not suffer.
我会反抗 我不愿受苦
Strike, Naaman, strike, I tell you!
动手 乃缦 动手 我告诉你!
He has let his sword fall.
他放下了他的剑
He is afraid, this slave!
这个奴隶他害怕了!
He did not kill him!
他没有杀他!
He is a coward this slave.
这个奴隶他是个懦夫
Let soldiers be sent.
派出去士兵下去
Come hither, thou welt the friend of him
过来
who is dead, is it not so?
你要鞭打那死人的朋友 不是吗?
Well, I tell thee, there are not dead men enough.
好吧 我告诉你 死人还不够多
Get ye to the soldiers
派士兵下去
and bid them go down and bring me the thing that I ask,
叫他们下去把我要的东西带来
the thing the Tetrarch has promised me,
陛下答应我的事
the thing that is mine.
我的东西
Hither, ye soldiers.
到这里来 士兵们
Get ye into this cistern and bring me the head of this man.
你们要进到这池子里 把这人的头颅拿来给我
Tetrarch, Tetrarch!
陛下 陛下!
Command your soldiers that they bring me
命令你的士兵
the head of Jokanaan.
把乔卡南的头颅带给我
Thou wouldst not suffer me to kiss thy mouth, Jokanaan.
你不愿让我吻你的嘴 乔卡南
Well, I will kiss it now.
好吧 我现在就亲
I will bite it with my teeth as one bites a ripe fruit.
我会用牙齿咬它 就像咬一个熟透的水果一样
Yes, I will kiss thy mouth, Jokanaan.
是的 我会吻你的嘴 乔卡南
I said it.
我说过了
Did I not say it?
我没说过吗?
I said it.
我说过了
I will kiss it now.
我现在就吻它
But wherefore dost thou not look at me, Jokanaan?
可是你为什么不看我呢 乔卡南?
Thine eyes that were so terrible,
你的眼睛是多么的可怕
so full of rage and scorn, are shut now.
充满了愤怒和轻蔑 现在都闭上了
Wherefore are they shut?
他们为什么被闭着?
Open thine eyelids!
睁开你的眼皮!
Lift up thine eyes, Jokanaan.
乔卡南 抬起你的眼睛
Art thou afraid of me, that thou wilt not look at me?
你害怕我吗 你不会看着我吗?
And thy tongue, that was like a red snake
你的舌头像一条
darting poison, it moves no more,
喷射毒药后不会再动的红蛇
it says nothing now, Jokanaan,
它现在什么话也说不出 乔卡南
that scarlet viper that spat its venom against me.
那条红色的毒蛇向我吐毒液
It is strange, is it not?
很奇怪 不是吗?
How is it that the red viper stirs no longer?
为什么红色毒蛇不再蠢蠢欲动了?
Thou wouldst have none of me, Jokanaan.
你不会拥有我的 乔卡南
Thou didst reject me.
你拒绝了我
Thou didst speak evil words against me.
你说了我坏话
Thou didst treat me as a harlot,
你把我当成妓♥女♥
as a wanton.
一个荡♥妇♥
Me,

Salome,
莎乐美
daughter of Herodias, Princess of Judaea!
犹太公主 希罗底的女儿!
Well, Jokanaan, I still live, but thou, thou art dead.
好吧 乔卡南 我还活着 但是你已经死了
And thy head belongs to me.
你的头颅属于我
I can do with it what I will.
我可以随心所欲
I can throw it to the dogs and to the birds of the air.
我可以把它扔给狗 扔给空中的飞鸟
That which the dogs leave behind,
狗会忽视
the birds of the air shall devour.
而空中的飞鸟会吞食
Oh, Jokanaan!
哦 乔卡南!
Jokanaan, thou welt the only man that I have loved.
乔卡南 你是世界上我唯一爱过的人
All other men were hateful to me.
其他所有男人都令我厌恶
But thou, thou wert beautiful!
但是你 你是美丽的!
Thy body was a column of ivory set on a silver socket.
你的身体是一根镶嵌在银座上的象牙柱
It was a garden filled with doves and silver lilies.
像是一个满是鸽子和银色百合花的花♥园♥
It was a tower of silver decked with shields of ivory.
像是一座上面装饰着象牙盾牌的银塔
There was nothing in the world so white as thy body.
世界再也没有什么能像你的身体一样洁白
There was nothing in the world so black as thy hair.
世界再也没有什么能像你的头发一样乌黑
In the whole world, there was nothing so red as thy mouth.
全世界再也没有什么比你的嘴更殷红的了
Thy voice was a censer that scattered strange perfumes,
你的声音是香炉 散发着奇异的香气
and when I looked on thee, I heard a strange music.
当我望着你 我听到一种奇异的音乐
Wherefore didst thou not look at me, Jokanaan?
你为什么没有看着我 乔卡南?
Behind thine hands and thy curses thou didst hide thy face.
你用手掩着脸 施行咒诅
Thou didst put upon thine eyes the coverings
你把眼睛蒙在眼罩里
of him who would see his God.
看到了上帝
Well, thou hast seen thy God, Jokanaan,
好吧 你已经看到你的上帝 乔卡南
but me, me, thou didst never see.
但是我 我 你从未看过
If thou hadst seen me thou wouldst have loved me.
如果你看见了我 你会爱上我的
I saw thee, Jokanaan, and I loved thee.
我看见了你 乔卡南 我爱你
Oh, how I loved thee!
哦 我多么爱你!
I love thee yet, Jokanaan.
我仍然爱你 乔卡南
I love thee only.
我只爱你
I am a thirst for thy beauty, I am hungry for thy body,
我渴望你的美丽 我渴望你的身体
neither wine nor fruits can appease my desire.
既不喝酒也不吃水果 就可以满足我的欲望
What shall I do now, Jokanaan?
我现在该怎么办 乔卡南?
Neither the great waters
大水或
nor the floods can quench my passion.
洪水也不能熄灭我的激♥情♥
I was a princess, thou didst scorn me.
我是公主 你嘲笑我
I was a virgin, thou didst take my virginity from me.
我还是处♥女♥ 你却夺去了我的童贞
I was chaste, and thou didst fill my veins with fire.
我是贞洁的 你让我的血管里充满了火焰
Wherefore didst thou not look at me, Jokanaan?
你为什么没有看着我 乔卡南?
If thou hadst looked at me thou hadst loved me.
如果你看我一眼 你就爱上我了
Well I know that thou wouldst have loved me,
我知道你会爱上我的
and the mystery of love is greater
爱情的神秘
than the mystery of death.
比死亡之谜更伟大
Love only should one consider.
只有爱才应该考虑
She is monstrous, thy daughter,
你的女儿 她是个怪物
she is altogether monstrous.
她完全是个怪物
In truth, what she has done was a great crime.
事实上 她所做的一切都是重罪
I am sure that it was a crime
我确信这是犯罪

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!