You know, theoretically, of course.
理论上 理论上而言
In theory. Well, theoretically speaking, in theory it…
-我们拭目以待 -是的
– We’ll see, yes. – Of course.
这些是参与竞标制♥作♥
Actually, these are the companies that have bid for the contract
放置在河谷下游的储鱼罐的公♥司♥
to build the holding tanks at the downstream end of the wadi.
-我们看一下好吗 -现在吗
– Shall we go through these? – Now?
是的 现在看
Yes, we could go through them now.
我们能边吃边工作
Well, we could work and eat, no?
好的 没问题
Yes, I… Yes, all right, then.
-这家是 -但首先 干杯
– This one’s from… – Before that, cheers.
-干杯 -用水敬酒会遭噩运的
– Cheers. – Very bad luck with water.
有些人是这么认为的
Some people think it’s bad luck.
-EWB公♥司♥ -对不起 接个电♥话♥
– EWB… – Sorry. Excuse me.
是兵营打来的 是罗伯特
It’s the barracks. It’s Robert.
-不好意思 -你去打吧
– Sorry. – No. Go on.
-你好 -去吧
– Hello. – Go ahead.
你好
Hello?
是的
Yes?
什么
What?
什么
What?
切伍德·塔波特女士 你没事吧
Are you all right, Ms. Chetwode-Talbot?
他在作战中失踪了
He’s missing in action.
这到底怎么回事
What does that mean?
上楼去吧 我们去拿你的…
Come upstairs and we’ll get you your…
不好 让我静一下
No, I just need a minute.
你好 我的名字是哈莉·切伍德·塔波特
Hello. My name’s Harriet Chetwode-Talbot.
我认识罗伯特才三个星期
Well, I only knew him for three weeks,
但我是他女友了
but I am Robert’s girlfriend.
我想问下 你是否知道什么情况
I was wondering if you knew anything…
好的 当然
Of course. Yes.
抱歉 梅耶斯夫人 我…
Sorry, Mrs. Mayers. Yes, I…
好的 没问题 再见
Yes, of course. Goodbye.
这里是哈莉·切伍德·塔波特住所
You’ve reached Harriet Chetwode-Talbot.
请留言
Leave a message after the beep.
切伍德·塔波特女士 我是琼斯博士
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot, it’s Dr. Jones here.
请原谅我打你家里电♥话♥
Please forgive me for calling you on your home number.
我也不知如何是好
I was at something of a loss.
我知道你这一周过得非常艰难
I realize that this has not been an easy week for you,
但我想知道
but I was wondering when
你什么时候能回办公室
you might be coming back into the office.
我和英国氧气公♥司♥的
I had a very productive meeting
工程师们开了个会 收获颇丰
with the engineers from British Oxygen Company
得到了很多数据
and, well, there’s a lot of data coming in.
数据量非常大
Really a considerable amount.
我想不用我提醒
I’m sure I don’t have to
你也知道我们这工程是有时间结点的
remind you that we are working to a deadline.
你知道的 时间和潮汐不会等我
Time and tide, as I am sure you are aware, waits for no man.
也不会等你
Or woman.
不管怎样 我希望
Anyway, I look forward to hearing
你能尽快给我答复 再见
from you at your earliest convenience. Goodbye.
我能进来吗
Can I come in?
为什么
Why?
这么站着你会感冒的
Well, you might get cold.
-很好 -什么
– Very nice. – What?
我说你的公♥寓♥ 很舒适
Your flat. Very pleasant.
听着 我不会去上班的
Look, I’m not… I’m not coming into work, all right,
因为我得留在这儿
because I need to stay here.
万一有什么消息
I need to be here in case there’s news.
任何一个有人性有情感
So, actually, anyone with a shred of understanding,
懂得理解的人
or humanity, or simple feeling,
这么说吧 只要没得埃斯伯格综合症[孤独症的一种]的人
who, frankly, wasn’t suffering from some kind of Asperger’s,
都应该知道 最不该在这时候
would know that the last thing that I need
给我打那种催命的电♥话♥
is your bullying little phone call
让我去上班 给我讲关于鱼的事情
asking me to come into work so that you can update me on fish.
你想给我讲钓鱼的事情
You want to fill me in on fishing.
琼斯博士 你带着你的研究
Well, Dr. Jones, you can take your work
从这里滚出去
and you can shove it up your unfeeling arse.
我不是来讨论工作的
I didn’t come here to talk to you about work.
那你来干什么
Then why are you here?
我给你做了个三明治
I made you a sandwich.
为什么
Why?
我估计你没怎么吃饭 是吗
You’re probably not eating. Are you?
没吃吧 吃饭非常重要
No. You see, it’s very important.
你多少得吃点
You must eat something.
切伍德·塔波特女士
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot.
拿着
Here.
我该怎么办啊
I don’t know what to do.
我不知道该怎么办
I don’t know what to do because…
对不起 琼斯博士
I’m so sorry, Dr. Jones.
就叫我弗雷德
Call me Fred. Just call me Fred.
-你现在没事了吧 -是的
– You’re all right now? – Yeah.
没事了
You all right?
-对不起 -别这样
– Sorry. – No, don’t.
我去拿个碟子 把这个放碟子上
Why don’t I get a plate and we… You can put this on a plate.
-要我去吗 -不用 我来吧
– Shall I do it? – No, it’s okay. I’ll do it.
我为之前说的话道歉
I’m so sorry about what I said before.
我太过分了
That is just unforgivable.
得埃斯伯格综合症的人有一点好
The great thing about people with Asperger’s
就是别人伤害不了他们的感情
is it’s very difficult to hurt their feelings.
所以没关系 我随便你说
So it’s all right, you can say whatever you like.
你又没得这病 我说的是气话
You don’t have… You know, I was upset.
没关系
And rightly so.
你瞧 我自作主张买♥♥了一小瓶红酒
Look, I took the liberty of buying a wee bottle of wine.
希望你不介意
Now, I hope you don’t mind.
我知道现在不是周末
I know it’s not the weekend,
这酒配这鸭子吃正好
but this one goes very well with duck.
我不是很饿
I’m not very hungry.
哈莉你的试着吃点
Harriet, you’ve got to try and eat…
我能叫你哈莉吗
Is it all right… Is it all right for me to call you Harriet?
我的父亲
My father is…
他以前是个军人
He’s ex-Army,
他总是很坚强
so he’s like very stiff
任何事都打不倒他
upper lip and don’t make a fuss about anything,
但我是一个爱哭鬼
but I’m more of a gusher.
他是这么称呼我的
I think that’s his word for me, anyway.
我不是那种坚强的人
My upper lip’s never been very stiff, I’m afraid.
但你男友还健在
But you still have a boyfriend.
虽然军事上的事我不太懂
I mean, I don’t know a great deal about such things, but…
但罗伯特没被列入阵亡名单是吗
Robert hasn’t been listed as being dead, has he?
没有 但我感觉”战场失踪”在军方来说就是…
No. But I just feel that “Missing in action” is Army-speak for…
阵亡吗 不对不对 作为公务人员 我知道
Dead? No. No, as a civil servant, I happen to know that
国防部不喜欢模棱两可的词
the Ministry of Defense absolutely hate uncertainty of any kind.
如果他阵亡了 他们就会说”阵亡”
If he were dead, they would simply say “Dead.”
你能别说这个词了吗
Can you stop using that word, please?
-对不起 -没关系
– I beg your pardon. – It’s okay.
他们说一有消息就打电♥话♥
They say that they’ll call when there’s news.
但是他们没打 估计还没有消息
But they don’t, so I guess there isn’t.
一起去也门吧
Come to the Yemen.
我们明天动身 就去几天
We’re leaving tomorrow, just for a few days.
-地质研究 工程调查 -不好
– Geological studies, engineering surveys. – No.
我们还召集了一队考古学家
We even have a team of archeologists
看看是不是能找到约柜
checking we’re not about to submerge the Ark of the Covenant,
真要是那样就太不幸了
which would be unfortunate, you know.
我离不开 可能会有消息来
No, I can’t leave because there might be news and…
那样的话
Well, then, you’ll fly
你就坐酋长的私人飞机立马赶回
back on the sheikh’s private jet immediately.
他怎么会那么做
Why would he do that?
我向他提过了
Because I asked him to.
酋长和我对你的工作
Your services are very highly valued by the sheikh,
评价都很高
and by me.
这个项目不能没有你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!