Though mine are not so quiet about it.
我的男朋友罗伯特被发配到阿富汗了
Robert, he’s my boyfriend, has just been posted to Afghanistan.
或者其他地方
Or somewhere.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
不 没关系
No, it’s fine.
要待多久
For how long?
他们不告诉我们这种事
They don’t really tell us things like that.
太让人担心了
How worrying.
我尽量不去想
I just try not to think about it.
你结婚了吗 阿尔弗雷德博士
And you are married, Dr. Alfred?
结了
Indeed.
她能让你过来真是太好了
It is kind of her to spare you.
我妻子现在正在日内瓦工作 所以…
My wife’s actually working abroad at the moment in Geneva, so…
所以你俩的共同点还挺多
So you two have more in common than one might suppose.
看来我说错话了 很抱歉
I have put my feet in it. Please forgive me.
正好该去睡觉了
Perfect moment to retire to bed.
-晚安 -晚安
– Good night. – Good night.
谢谢您今晚的款待
Thank you for a lovely evening.
不客气
You’re welcome.
-阿尔弗雷德博士 -阁下
– Dr. Alfred. – Your Excellency.
我知道你是逼不得已才决定帮我们
I know you have been persuaded to help us,
但只有你敞开心怀
but unless you do this with an open heart,
我们才有可能成功
I don’t think anything will come of it.
所以 请你仔细考虑
So, please, consider.
当然
Of course.
希望我们能再见面
I hope we meet again.
琼斯博士
Dr. Jones.
什么事
Yes?
我想知道 你怎么想
Well, I was just wondering what you thought.
酋长的英语
Well, the sheikh’s English
已经有点神秘主义气息了 你不觉得吗
has a certain tendency towards the mystical, don’t you think?
虽然这整件事很荒唐
But then, doolally as this entire enterprise clearly is,
但今天是很久以来
I’ve had the most pleasant
我度过的最愉快的一天
day I can remember having for quite a long time.
所以 如果酋长肯投资
So, if the sheikh is paying, as it were,
我们就开工
on we go.
太好了
Great.
晚安 切伍德·塔波特女士
Good night, Ms. Chetwode-Talbot.
晚安 琼斯博士
Good night, Dr. Jones.
今晚很愉快
It’s been a pleasure.

Yes.
你有没有想过 如果环境署
Have you any idea what an outcry there would be
从英国抓一万条鲑鱼
if the Environment Agency
运到该死的也门
stripped British rivers of 10,000 salmon
会引发多大的抗♥议♥
and shipped them off to the effing Yemen?
那你能提供多少条
Well, how many can you spare?
一条都不给
None!
老天啊 伯纳德
Christ, Bernard!
钓客都是痴迷的疯子
Anglers, they’re obsessive crazies.
你以为只有基♥地♥组♥织♥是威胁吗
You think AI Qaeda are a threat,
再好好想想 老兄
think again, mate.
我见过钓手淌进水里
I’ve seen a fly fisherman wade into a river
想把一个穿着荧光服经过的
and try and drown a canoeist
划船的人溺死
just for passing by in a Day-Glo jacket.
想从英国抓这些鱼
You haven’t got a hope in
门都没有
hell of getting these fish from British rivers.
-进来 -琼斯博士 你好
– Yes? – Dr. Jones. Hello.
切伍德·塔波特女士 你怎么来了
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot. How nice.
-我们有约吗 -没有
– Did we book a meeting? – No.
你之前不是说
You know how you said that you wanted a meeting
想跟三峡大坝的水利工程师开个会吗
with the hydro-engineering team from the Three Gorges Dam?
-我说了吗 -没错
– Did I say that? – Yes.
可能当时有些草率
That might have been a little hasty.
-他们现在就在外面 -谁
– They’re outside. – Who?
三峡大坝的首席工程师们
The chief hydro-engineering team from the Three Gorges Dam.
在这儿吗
Here?
我发邮件说了流速计算的事
I e-mailed them about the flow rate calculus,
我觉得肯定是…
and I think there must have been some kind of…
我中文荒废很久了
My Mandarin is very rusty.
天哪
Bloody hell.
我们能够控制从上游下来的水流
We are able to control the flow of water from the upstream dam.
但是
But we are…
我们担心
Well, we’re concerned
砂岩墙的能力
about the capability of the sandstone walls.
会有
I mean, there’s the
山洪暴发
possibility also of some flash-flood scenario.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
天哪 你觉得我们糊弄过去了吗
My God, do you think we got away with it?
-我觉得是 -对不起 琼斯博士
– Do you know, I think we did. – I’m so sorry, Dr. Jones.
不 不用道歉
No, please don’t apologize.
我们这下有工程师了
I think we’ve just found our engineers.
-是啊 -我是说
– Yes. – I mean,
如果工程能发展到那一步的话
should the project, of course, get that far.
你的中文比我想象的要好很多
Your Mandarin was much better than I expected.
-谢谢 -我是伯纳德·撒丹 这里的部长
– Thank you. – Bernard Sugden, Head of Department.
你好
Hello.
阿尔弗雷德没有给你添麻烦吧
Alfred not bothering you too much, I hope?
没有
No.
菲茨哈里斯&普莱斯的切伍德·塔波特女士
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot from Fitzharris & Price.
你好
Hello.
打赌他还不知道你叫什么名字吧
Bet he doesn’t even know your first name, does he?
那帮子人是什么来头
So, who were all those little chippy-chappies?
他们是建造三峡大坝的工程师
Those are the engineers from the Three Gorges Dam.
中国的那个三峡吗
What, the one in China?
-还有哪里有 -其他地方应该没有的
– Is there another? – Don’t think there’s another one.
你给我们引见下
Would have appreciated an introduction.
伯纳德就是那个
Bernard is the man who’s responsible
负责弄一万条大西洋鲑的人
for acquiring our 10,000 native Atlantic salmon.
进展如何啊
How’s that coming along, Bernard?
不用你操心 尽在掌握中
Don’t you worry about that, Fred. It’s all in hand.
别拖拖拉拉的 我们的期限快到了
Well, don’t dilly-dally. Our end is coming along.
-实际上我们正好赶上计划 -是的
– We’re bang on schedule, in fact. – Yes.
你们是准备在食堂聊呢
A debrief in the canteen,
还是边吃弗雷德拿手的三明治边聊
or has Fred brought in the famous sandwiches?
切伍德·塔波特小姐和我要出去吃
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot and I are going out for lunch, Bernard.
有很多事情要谈
There’s lots to discuss.
克莱尔 你能让贝蒂带上我的包吗 谢谢
Clare, could you ask Betty to bring my bag? Thank you.
没问题 琼斯博士
Certainly, Dr. Jones.
你确定不喝一杯吗
Are you sure you won’t have one?
午饭时喝酒
At lunch time?
琼斯博士 我有四年
Dr. Jones, I haven’t spoken
没说过一句普通话了
a word of Mandarin for about four years,
所以就算你不赏脸 我也要庆祝下
so I am celebrating even if you’re not.
我只在周末喝酒
I only drink alcohol on the weekend.
而且也是要在晚上七点之后
And even then, only after 7:00.
从没例外吗
No exceptions?
我印象中没有
None that I can think of.
我的婚礼在周五
Well, yeah. We got married on a Friday,
不过我记得
but I think it was, as I recall,
那应该是北爱尔兰的一个法定假日
a bank holiday in Northern Ireland,
所以我允许自己小酌一杯
so I allowed myself, I think, a glass on a technicality.
我这是在说笑话呢
That was an attempt at a joke, Ms. Chetwode-Talbot.
好吧 真好笑
Right. Good one.
你真的认为进展顺利吗
Do you really think it’s going extremely well?
-什么 -这项目啊
– What? – The project.
你说项目啊
The project.
这完全是天方夜谭
Well, it’s utter nonsense, of course,
只有那种脑子有病
naturally, the bagatelle
的有钱人才干得出
of a man with more money than sense, but…
但是我确实没发现不可行的理由
I haven’t actually found anything to say that it couldn’t work.
我是从理论角度来说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!