Marvelous. That’s marvelous.
现在这个变成重点项目了
This has just become a priority project.
有什么要我帮忙的 尽管打电♥话♥
Anything I can do, just give me a call.
两百万
Two million.
真是一大票人啊
God, men, what a species.
我觉得她没抓住重点
I don’t think she got the right end of the stick there.
你说了算 伯纳德
Your call, I think, Bernard.
请在周五之前搞来
Ten thousand
一万条大西洋鲑鱼
native Atlantic salmon
放我桌子上 再见
on my desk by Friday, please.
你最好也别闲着 琼斯
Yeah, well, you’d just better come through on this, Jones.
首相 你会钓鱼吗
看情况
会还是不会
可能会
我的老天 我们有两百万选民都爱挥钓竿
那我当然会钓鱼
我很久不到这里来了
It’s been a long time since I was back.
-是吗 -很久了
– Yes? – A long time.
看到了吗
You see?
-他住在那儿吗 -是啊
– Is that where he lives? – Yes.
他有很多处房♥产 但这座是他的最爱
He has many estates, but this one’s his favorite.
请允许我介绍马尔科姆 这里的管家
May I present Malcolm, the butler.
你好
Hello.
-这是琼斯博士 -欢迎来格伦图洛 先生
– This is Dr. Jones. – Welcome to Glen Tulloch, sir.
酋长阁下建议
His Excellency thought you
您在等待的时候
might like to avail yourself of the fishing
钓一会儿鱼
while you’re waiting.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
请允许我介绍穆♥罕♥默♥德♥·宾·在迪·巴尼·蒂哈马酋长
May I present Sheikh Muhammed bin Zaidi bani Tihama.
这是琼斯博士
This is Dr. Jones.
很高兴见到你 阁下
It’s a great pleasure to meet you, Your Excellency.
见到毛琼斯的发明者
To meet the creator of the Woolly Jones,
是我的荣幸 先生
the pleasure’s all mine, sir.
您太客气了
That’s very kind.
切伍德·塔波特女士 你有没有发现
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot, do you realize that for more than 10 years
我这十多年来钓鱼一直都用毛琼斯
I have fished with a Woolly Jones?
真的吗 毛琼斯是什么
Really? What’s a Woolly Jones?
琼斯博士发明了一种有名的飞蝇[一种钓饵]
Dr. Jones invented a famous fly.
其实把这种东西叫飞蝇不太恰当
Well, it’s a sentimental habit that some fly-tiers have
因为有些这东西脱离
of calling a fly after…
反正我不太喜欢这种饵 但是…
Anyway, I don’t approve of that sort of thing normally, but…
毛琼斯 好名字
Woolly Jones. It’s a great name.
这种飞蝇超好用 这点毋庸置疑
A bloody good fly, that’s for sure.
请允许我带你去
Please allow me to show
一块宝地 离这儿很近
you a delightful lie just around the corner.
当然可以 我们走
Absolutely. Lead on.
你是不是觉得我疯了
You think I’m mad?
-不 阁下 – 你肯定这么想
– No, Your Excellency. I… – Of course you do.
不然我会觉得你判断力有问题
I would question your judgment if you did not.
虽然我有足够的判断力知道
Though I have judgment enough to know
那里有一条比我还聪明的鱼
that under there lies a fish much cleverer than I.
我在很多方面十分崇敬英国人
I’m a great admirer of the British for many reasons,
但有些地方我不明白
but still there are mysteries to me.
富人怕穷♥人♥
The rich are frightened of the poor.
穷♥人♥怕富人
The poor are frightened of the rich.
就连你们那些政客
And even your politicians,
都尽力想带着一口亲民的《东伦敦人》腔
they try to sound like the people on the EastEnders.
但这个电视剧不错
A wonderful program, but still.
是啊 英国伟大的等级制度
Yes, the great British class system.
没错
Indeed.
但我发现
But fishermen, I have noticed,
垂钓者并不在意我的肤色 我的贫富
they don’t care whether I’m brown or white, rich or poor,
穿长袍还是防水靴
wearing robes or waders.
他们唯一关心的就是鱼 河水
All they care about is the fish, the river
和钓鱼的游戏
and the game we play.
对钓客来说
For fishermen, the only
只需要耐心 宽容和人道
virtues are patience, tolerance and humility.
我喜欢这样
I like this.
你被我的天真吓傻了 阿尔弗雷德博士
You are struck dumb by my naivety, Dr. Alfred.
不 咬钩了
No, you’re on.
-什么 -你的鱼咬钩了
– What? – You’re on.
-这是个征兆 -征兆
– This is a sign. – A sign?
让我别废话 专心钓鱼
A sign that I should stop talking bollocks and fish.
过来
Come here.
-干得漂亮 先生 -谢谢
– Nicely done, sir. – Thank you.
非常漂亮
Very nicely done.
切伍德·塔波特女士
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot.
你好 琼斯博士
Hello, Dr. Jones.
那是你的吗
Is that yours?
-礼服 -是的
– The dress. – Yes.
这套不是我的
This is not mine.
挺合身啊
It suits you very well.
谢谢
Thank you.
他们好像知道我穿几码
They seem to know my size.
你不觉得这有点吓人吗
That not strike you as a wee bit sinister?
酋长的裁缝用卫星测量设备之类的东西
The idea of the sheikh’s tailor tracking me across London
追踪我到伦敦
with some kind of satellite measuring device?
他们问我要你的尺寸
They asked me for your size.
所以我猜了一下
And I took a guess.
为日后参考
Well, for future reference,
我腰围32英寸 切伍德·塔波特女士
I have a 32-inch waist, Ms. Chetwode-Talbot.
-好吧 -不是34
– Right. – Not a 34.
没有责怪你的意思
No pies for me.
没关系 很抱歉
Note taken, sorry about that.
谢谢
Thank you.
哈莉女士把你绝妙的计划都告诉我了
Ms. Harriet has told me of your marvelous plan.
计划 其实不能算计划
Plan? Well, not so much of a plan, really,
充其量只是一个可行性分♥析♥
as more of a feasibility study.
你说理论上可行 琼斯博士
Theoretically possible, you said, Dr. Jones.
这确实不假
Theoretically. Indeed.
如果能成功 一定是上帝赐予的奇迹
It would be a miracle of God if it were to happen.
我更相信事实和数据
I’m more of a facts-and-figures man myself.
你不信教吗
You’re not a religious man?
不 不信
No. No, I’m not.
但你是个钓客 琼斯博士
But you’re a fisherman, Dr. Jones.
很抱歉 我没明白
I’m sorry, I don’t follow.
你一般要等多久才能钓到鱼
How many hours do you fish before you catch something?
十几个小时吗
Dozens?
有的时候要等上几百个小时
Gosh, hundreds sometimes.
对你这样相信事实和数据的人来说 这样利用时间合理吗
Is that a good use of your time for a facts-and-figures man?
尽管成功的几率小之又小
But you persist in the wind and the rain and the cold
你依然在坚持 风雨无阻
with such poor odds of success.
为什么
Why?
因为你是有信仰的人 阿尔弗雷德博士
Because you’re a man of faith, Dr. Alfred.
最终
And in the end,
你的信仰和坚持会收到回报
you are rewarded for your faith and constancy
钓到的鱼就是回报
With a fish.
无意冒犯
With due respect,
钓鱼和宗教不能混为一谈 阁下
fishing and religion are hardly the same thing, Your Excellency.
也无意冒犯
With equal respect,
但我不同意你的看法
I have to disagree.
敬杯酒吧
A toast?
致信仰
To faith.
和鱼
And fish.
致信仰和鱼
To faith and fish.
致信仰和鱼
To faith and fish.
和科学
And science.
和科学
And science.
你今晚不高兴吗 哈莉女士
You’re unhappy tonight, Ms. Harriet?
不 我很好
No. I’m fine, really.
我妻子成群
I have too many wives
所以女人高不高兴我都能看出来
not to know when a woman is unhappy.
虽然我的妻子们不会像你这样不露声色