salmon fishing in the Yemen. Fancy it?
-只是 -我们同意了
– Well, I… – We do.
弄出中东方面的正面新闻
Chasing a good news story out of the Middle East.
英也关系就重新步入正轨
Anglo-Yemeni relations back on track.
通过钓鱼这项古老的运动
Arab-Western cultural détente through the ancient sport
缓和中东矛盾 你觉得怎么样
of yanking poor sodding fish out of rivers. What do you reckon?
说实话 这有点不太现实
Well, it’s a bit of a long shot, to be honest.
不要总这么诚实
Well, don’t be honest.
掏钱的疯子是个搞石油的酋长 挥金如土
Lunatic’s an oil sheikh. Got money pouring out of his arse.
还是我们西方人的好朋友
Good friend of the West.
也是党的好伙伴 所以试一试吧
Good friend of the Party, too, so give it a go, eh, dolly?
好 我们现在就抓紧工作 帕崔莎
Well, we’ll certainly bend every sinew to the job, Patricia.
我立刻组建一个工作小组
I’ll set up a working party immediately.
什么
What?
别拿工作小组唬我 拖拖拉拉的家伙
Don’t you “Working party” Me, you short-arsed little pen-pusher.
不许给我拖 马上去办
I did not say kick it into the long grass. I said do it!
好吧 帕崔莎 马…
Yes, Patricia. Right…
马上
…away.
琼斯先生
Mr. Jones?
早安 琼斯先生
Morning, Mr. Jones.
早上好 贝蒂 周末过得不错吧
Good morning, Betty. I trust you had a nice weekend.
嗯 谢谢琼斯先生 撒丹先生找您
Yes, thank you, Mr. Jones. Mr. Sugden would like a word.
他有事吗 你觉得这个怎么样
Would he indeed? What do you think of that?
用来做石蛾的报道
It’s for the caddis fly report.
报道还需要生动一些
Need something racy for the cover.
来适应当今这个网络视频时代
Something to rev up the YouTube generation.
我知道这不属于
I know it’s not quite
科学论文的考虑范围
what we would expect from a scientific paper,
但我们必须要与时俱进 伯恩赛德小姐
but we must keep up with the times, Mrs. Burnside.
撒丹先生要见您 琼斯先生
Mr. Sugden asked to see you, Mr. Jones.
我不知道我这儿有没有
I’m not too sure that I don’t have a picture
关于蜘蛛吃石蛾的照片了
of a caddis being eaten alive by a spider somewhere.
在这呢 太美了
There it is. That’s a beauty.
你看这张怎么样
What do you think about that for…
我的天
Good God.
有点过了 你觉得呢
Little too much, do you think?
不过 放恐怖片里一点也不吓人
No, not if you’re making a horror film.
这有一封邮件 是关于鲑鱼的事情的
Look, this e-mail about the salmon thing.
难道今天是愚人节还是怎么了
Yes. Did I miss April Fools’ Day or something?
你不喜欢我刻薄地对待
Did you like my little swipe
外联部的那群呆子们吗
at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office wonks?
我今天又收到了外联部的一封邮件
Yeah, well, I just had another e-mail from the FCO today.
我是不是做的过了
Rattle their cage, did I?
你不会真去和她会面吧
Look, you wouldn’t take a meeting with her, would you?
这个什么切伍德·塔波特小姐
This Chetwode-Talbot woman.
她代表的是那个穆♥罕♥默♥德♥酋长
She represents this Sheikh Muhammed bloke.
我为什么要去见她
Why would I want to do that?
我怎么可能为了
Why would I want to traipse
这种毫无意义的事跑去伦敦
across London to discuss that nonsense?
你们都知道 我这儿有很多正事要处理
I’ve very important work to do here, as you can very well see.
外联部无休止的骚扰
Yeah, well, the FCO, in their infinite W,
说明这件事同样很重要 阿尔弗雷德
feel that a meeting on this is important business, too, Alfred.
天啊 真是个好管闲事的政♥府♥
Lord, the tendrils of this busybody government.
琼斯博士 作为你的顶头上司
Dr. Jones, as your Operational Line Manager,
我命令你带着你的满腹牢骚
I am asking you with extreme prejudice
去见见这个哈莉·切伍德·塔波特
to take a meeting with Harriet Chetwode-Talbot.
这是命令吗
I take it that’s an order?
你说呢
Take it how you wish.
纳粹
Nazi.
蠢货 早上好
Wanker. Morning.
斐兹哈斯投资顾问代理处
琼斯博士
Dr. Jones?
我约了切伍德·塔波特小姐
Miss Chetwode-Talbot is expecting me.
是的 叫我哈莉就好了
Yes, it’s a bit of a mouthful. Do call me Harriet.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是 跟我来
– Nice to meet you. – You, too. Do you want to come with me?
好
Yes.
请进
Do come in.
请坐
Please, sit down.
随便坐 喝茶还是咖啡
Yeah, anywhere you like. Would you like tea or coffee?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
那么
So…
由菲茨哈里斯&普莱斯公♥司♥代表酋长先生的本国资产
Fitzharris & Price represent the sheikh’s assets in this country,
包括苏格兰的部分房♥产
including a number of estates in Scotland.
他十分热衷垂钓 所以他希望我们
He’s a very keen fisherman, so he asked us if we would…
-水 -什么
– Water. – Sorry?
水 切伍德·塔波特小姐 氧化二氢
Water, Miss Chetwode-Talbot. H2O.
你想要矿泉水还是纯净水
Do you want sparkling or still?
不是说我 是说鱼
Not for me, for the fish.
鱼离不开水 你不会不懂吧
Fish require water. You are familiar with that concept?
我知道
Yes. I am, yes.
这就省事了
So, to save us both a lot of time,
我简单说一下
let me keep this brief and simple.
这儿气温低 雨量大
Here it’s very cold. It rains a lot.
而这里气温高 降水稀少
Here it’s very hot. It doesn’t rain a lot.
明白差别了吗
Do you see the difference?
你指的是沙特 博士 不是也门
Well, you’re pointing to Saudi Arabia, Dr. Jones, not the Yemen.
你是故意胡搅蛮缠的吧
You seem to be deliberately missing the point.
没有 我很认真
With respect, not really.
你看 和沙特不同 也门的部分地区
You see, unlike Saudi Arabia, parts of the Yemen
雨季一个月的降水量能达到250毫米
get up to 250 millimeters of rainfall a month in the wet season.
它处在季风区的边缘上
It gets the edge of the monsoon, you see.
那么旱季呢
And the dry season?
好吧 值得一提的是
Well, interestingly,
在近期的石油勘探中
recent oil explorations
发现了大量的储水层
have uncovered a number of very large freshwater aquifers,
能够通过大坝
which could sort of recharge
在旱季补充水源
the wadi in the dry season using a dam.
确实如此
I’m sure they could.
那等他修好了大坝 你再来找我吧
So, when he’s built his dam, why don’t you get back to me then?
大坝很多年前就建好了
Completed, couple of years ago.
长♥期♥计划是用来灌溉沙漠的
Long-term plan is to irrigate thousands of acres of desert.
我们可以在那里种西瓜 玉米 棉花
We could grow watermelons, maize, cotton.
现在你是打算告诉我说
Now you’re going to tell me
也门的气候其实并不热吗
it isn’t hot in the Yemen, too, aren’t you?
其实 在那里的山地区
Well, in the mountainous areas,
晚上的气温达到了20摄氏度以下
the nighttime temperatures get down to well below 20 Celsius.
当然了 专业知识要看您 琼斯博士
And, of course, I defer to your expert knowledge, Dr. Jones,
但是我深信
but I do believe that
太平洋鲑能在加利福尼亚那样的南部生存
Pacific salmon get as far south as California.
而那里的气温也和这里是迥然不同的
Temperatures are not too dissimilar there.
-水 -还是鱼吗
– Water. – For the fish.
-不 是我要喝 -好的
– No, for me. – Of course.
切伍德·塔波特小姐
Ms. Chetwode-Talbot.
怎么了 博士
Yes, Dr. Jones?
这显然很荒谬
This is plainly ridiculous.
对鲑鱼来说
There’s just no way that
在那样的环境下是不可能生存的
salmon can survive in those sort of environments.
如果酋长先生那么想花钱
If your sheikh wants to pour his money down the drain,
何不投资足球俱乐部或者别的什么呢
why doesn’t he buy himself a football club or something?
听着 琼斯博士
Look, Dr. Jones.
我没有任何立场去
I don’t really think it’s my place
解释清楚酋长的动机
to explain the sheikh’s motivations.
但是 我始终认为
But I will say this,
在我们所有的客户中 他是与众不同的
that of all of our wealthy clients, he is different.
他是一个有远见的人
I would go so far as to describe him as a visionary man.
-有远见的梦想家吗 -是的
– A visionary? – Yes, I know,
我知道也许这样说很老套
it’s not a very fashionable word,
但是如果你接受这个项目
but if you decide to take this project with us,
当你见到他的时候你就明白了
then you can judge for yourself when you meet him.
我的顶头上司叫我过来
My line manager asked me to come here
参加这次会面就是讨论这个项目
and take this meeting to discuss your project