敬爱的上帝
Dear God!
请给我个合理的解释
Please tell me there’s a rational explanation for all this.
你还在我背后 -是的
You still watching my back? – Yes.
放松你的手臂 摆开来
Keep your arms relaxed. Shake them out.
你的呼吸怎么样 很好
How’s your breathing? – Fine.
我加速的时候你不应该 跟上来
Yes. You shouldn’t have tried to stay with me when I surged.
现在你筋疲力尽了 一旦这样 你的比赛就结束了
Now you’re broken. Once you break, it’s over.
在跑步的过程中 你根本无法 恢复体力
In running, you can never recover.
你怎么样都行
You can redline all you want,
但是在最后一次冲刺之前 你得保存体力
but you never go past the breaking point until the final sprint.
知道吗 你还行吧
All right? You OK?
我很好 -好的
I’m fine. – OK.
放松5分钟 我们再来一次
Jog easy forfive minutes, then we’ll try again.
顺便说一声 你还真耐跑
By the way, you have an incredible capacity forwork.
是吗 -当然
I do? – Yes, you do.
看看
Read it.
很不幸 格雷斯·沃克
“Sadly, Grace Walker…”
格兰特·沃克的妻子
“Wife of the late Grant Walker,
于1949年1月7日去世
“Passed away on January 7th, 1949.
她死于心脏病
“She died of a heart attack.
格瑞斯·沃克 -够了
Grace Walk…” – That’s enough.
很显然 你的爷爷奶奶 已经去世了
Obviously, it has come to my attention that your grandparents are dead.
不他们没有去世 神甫
No, they’re not, Father.
你还再撒谎
Are you suggesting the obituary’s fiction?
不 神甫 不是这样的
No, not at all, Father.
难道我说错了
Then what am I missing?
我都看过他们的坟墓了
I’ve seen their graves.
16部第12排第六个墓穴
Section 16 and row 12, plot six.
圣墓教堂
Holy Sepulchre Oemetery.
噢 你是指我爸爸的父母亲
Oh… You mean my dad’s parents.
我还以为你说的是我妈妈的父母
I thought you were talking about my mom’s.
那他们现在住在哪里
And where do they live?
爱尔兰
Ireland.
或许是你该去看看他们的时候
Then maybe it’s time you visited them.
你也该解释下 这些字条是谁写的
Maybe it’s also time you explained who wrote all of these notes?
我知道你文笔很差
I know you don’t have the writing skills
根本写不出这样的东西
to pull something like this off.
你用放弃什么做为交换条件
So, what are you giving up for lent?
自♥慰♥
Self-abuse.
难以相信
Impossible.
你要是能做到 这就是你的奇迹了
If you could do that, you’d have your miracle.
呃 切斯特
Uh, Ohester…
弗里茨知道那些字条都是假的
Fritz knows the notes are fake.
噢 妈的 -呃哼
Oh, shit. – Ahem…
你没告诉他是我写的吧
You didn’t tell him it was me?
别犯傻了
Don’t be an idiot.
弗里茨根本不知道是谁写的
Fritz has no idea who wrote them.
我完了 我的手迹会毁了我
I’m done. My penmanship will sink me.
我的生活也快把我毁了
I’m in a life that might sink me.
这孩子看起来不错
Kid’s looking better.
至少他没有朝后跑
At least he’s not running backwards.
好的 稳住步伐 别冲刺过头了
Good, stay on pace. Don’t get caught up in the surges,
别让自己缺氧
and don’t go into oxygen debt. Breathe.
挥动手臂
Use your arms.
迈大步 好的
Stride 20 feet… Good.
5:28 干的好
5:28. Good man.
今天就到这里
That’s enough for today.
哇噢
Whoa…
你看起来真棒 你感觉如何
You look great. How do you feel?
感觉我可以吞下整座山
Like I could eat mountains.
我可以感受你的感觉
I know that feeling.
你为什么放弃赛跑
So, why’d you quit running?
啊 在比赛前的两个星期 我受伤了
Ahh… Two weeks before Berlin, I got injured.
我的膝盖脱臼了
My knee went out.
我没有时间恢复
There was no way I was going to come back in time.
我那是20岁 是加拿大最快的马拉松选手
I was 20 years old and the fastest marathoner in Oanada.
老实说我很失望
I was disappointed, to say the least,
但是我知道 还有机会 还有奥♥运♥会
but I knew there would be other Olympics.
后来战争爆发了 我成了神甫
The war came, and I joined the priesthood.
你当神甫是因为战争
You joined the priesthood because of the war?
我想不全是这样
I hope not.
当了牧师后我再也没有跑步
The day I entered the Seminary was the last day I ever ran.
为什么
Why?
他们告诉我天主教♥徒♥不奔跑
They told me Basilians don’t run.
你应该加入基♥督♥教
Should have joined the Jesuits.
过去的42天我每天都坚持训练
Not one day of missed running in the last 42.
现在我可以卧快可以 举起100磅的重量了
I now can bench press almost a hundred pounds,
可以在水里屏气5分钟
stay under water for almost five minutes.
妈妈 我想我们就快要 到达奇迹的国度了
Mom, I think we’re closing in on miracle country.
对不起 耽误了这么久
Sorry it’s going to take so long.
我妈妈说她看到你在邓达斯跑步
My mom says she saw you running in Dundas.
你是一路慢跑的吗
Did you jog all the way?
也许吧
Maybe.
那可是条很长的路
That’s a long way…
开车的话也还很长
even to drive.
谢谢
Thanks.
你的档案已经很充分了 神甫
Your documentation is very thorough, Father.
是的拉尔夫·沃克
Yes, Ralph Walker has fallen through the net.
但是儿童救助机构无权 把他带走
But the Ohidren’sAid Society has no authority to just come in and take him.
我们需要时间 至少要几个星期
It takes time. Afew weeks at least.
与此同时 让他一个人呆着
In the meantime, he stays by himself?
法律上是这样 这是个法律漏洞
Legally, it’s a loophole…
但是我们按法律办事
but we follow the law.
那那个孩子的福利呢
And what about the boy’s welfare?
神甫 这是你正在关心的吗
Is that really what’s at stake here, Father?
你是什么意思 -你还记得你是怎么对我的吗
What do you mean? – You ounce had
九年纪的拉丁语课
my welfare in mind.
如果我记得没错的话
Grade nine Latin.
期末成绩是49.5分
49.5 final mark, if I recall.
可是我很积极参加活动
Surely, there was room in my participation mark.
你坐在后排
You sat in the back row.
我一直没机会感谢你陪我度过
My welfare never had the chance to thank you for the two months
的两个月 那个夏天你让我不断
I spent with you that summer re-reading the stories
的重读凯基利乌斯·卢克丽霞还有
of Oaecilius, Lucretia
他们的蠢狗的故事
and their stupid, stupid dog Grumio.
再见 神甫
Good day, Father.
月圆之夜将有神奇的事情发生
(Longboat): Amazing things can happen under a full Moon.
我不觉得你适合这样的锻炼
(Hibbert): I still don’t think you’re ready for this workout,
特别是在晚上
especially in the dark.
我喜欢在雨里奔跑 我准备好了
I love running in the rain. Of course I’m ready.
而且 我还会得到圆月效应
Besides, I’ll be getting the full Moon effect as well.
你就不能忘了圆月
Will you forget about the full Moon?
你根本就看不到什么月亮
You can hardly see the Moon!
丹尼斯·朗布特是个教条主义者
Dennis Longboat was institutionalized.
可是加拿大人按照他的方法 取得了前所未有的成绩
But Oanadians ran great under him, and they have done nothing since.
好吧 我们别再就此纠缠了
All right, let’s get this overwith.
准备好了 是的
Ready? – Yeah.
预备
Set…

Run.
到了 到了 到了 到了
Reach, reach, reach, reach, reach…

Good.
4;46 不错
4:46. Not bad.

Run.
4:51非常好
4:51. Very good.

Go.
4:33第10个 你已经跑了一半了 拉尔夫
4:33. Number 10. You’re half way there, Ralph.
加速 你慢下来了 加速
Pick it up, you’re falling off pace. Pick it up.
4:56
4:56.
挥动你的手臂 沃克 挥动你的手臂
Use your arms, Mr. Walker, use your arms.
迈开步子跑朗布特 会为你感到骄傲的
Stride, stride. Oh, Longboat would be proud.