经过越多的磨练 我会跑的越好
The more pain I can take, the better runner I’ll be.
如果我能够习惯带着 这些东西跑步
If I can get used to running with all this stuff on,
想想看 等我脱掉的那天 我会跑的多好
imagine how much better I’ll run when I finally take it off.
神甫 你在1936年的奥♥运♥会上 表现的怎么样
Father, how’d you do in the 1936 Olympics?
你说什么 -你代表加拿大参加 了1936年奥♥运♥会的马拉松比赛
What did you say? – You ran the 1936 Olympic Marathon
我没有
for Oanada. – No, I didn’t.
我从书上看到的 -那本书写错了
I saw it in a book. – Well, the book was wrong.
跟着我 先生们 一起来 沃克
Follow me, gentlemen. Oome along, Mr. Walker.
拉尔夫
Ralph?
你怎么了 -我很好
What’s wrong? – I’m fine,
只是有点头晕
I’m just a little light-headed,
只是这样而已
that’s all.
拉尔夫
Ralph!
你晕倒了
You fainted.
我没事
Yeah, I’m fine.
可能今天我有点跑太多了
I might have run too far today.
你跑步了
You run?
越野跑
Oross-country?
不 是马拉松
No, the marathon.
马拉松
The marathon?

Oh.
我以前和退役的马拉松 运动员一起训练过
I used to train with the Finnish Marathoners.
你以前是个赛跑运动员
You were a runner?
不 恩 我以前是
No, uh, I was
加拿大驻外护士
a Oanadian nurse on overseas assignment
参加些业余戏剧活动
and amateur bobsledder.
如果你真的想训练 就到这来吧
If you’re serious about training, come over some time,
我们可以做些举重练习 帕沃·鲁米也是这么做的
and we can lift weights. Paavo Nurmi did,
他获得过9次奥♥运♥会金牌
and he won nine Olympic gold medals.
哇噢
Wow.
你还好吗
You OK?
你有点低葡萄糖
My glucose levels are down.
克莱尔听着
Olaire, listen.
关于苦行得书确实很又帮助 但是我还不会去祈祷
The book on martyrs has helped, but I still can’t pray.
先不说神得启示 你自己本身就有大问题
Well, divine revelations aside, you’ve obviously got a serious blockage.
你确定你受过洗礼
Are you sure you were baptized?
不知道 现在也没有人能告诉我 答案
No, and it’s kind of hard to ask anyone right now.
是啊 对不起
Yeah. Sorry.
你为什么不试试用砂纸把膝盖
Why don’t you try, uh, rubbing your knees with sandpaper
磨出血 然后跪在酒精里祈祷呢
until they bleed, and then kneeling down in a pan of alcohol to pray?
什么砂纸
What grit paper?

Ahh… agghhhh!
赛跑选手 每天必须摄入6000卡得热量
(Longboat): The runnerwill ensure he eats at least 6,000 calories a day.
我想我得有个大胃口
I thought I had a big appetite.
你怎么吃这么多
What’s with the gluttony?
我正在为赢得马拉松而努力
I’m training to win the Boston Marathon.
原来真是这样
It’s actually true.
你觉得 你可以创造奇迹
You think you can perform a miracle?
是的
Yeah.
怪物
Weirdo.
向后跑是
(Longboat): Running backwards is the best way
训练腿部肌肉的最好方法
to strengthen calf and hamstring muscles,
那个孩子在干什么 -我也不知道
What do you think that kid is doing? – I have absolutely no idea.
恩 就是他妈妈还在昏迷中的 那个孩子
Hmm… Isn’t that the kid with the mother in the coma?
他就是在游泳池里自♥慰♥的那个男孩
He was caught strangling his chicken in the pool.
正是他
That’s the one.
拉尔夫 你不是想冻死吧
Ralph, it’s not like you’ll permanently going to deep freeze your dick.
切斯特 想想看 修行者都可以
Ohester, think about it… the martyrs swam in the St. Lawrence
在冬天的圣劳伦斯河游泳 来净化自己 我怎么就不能呢
during winter to purify themselves… Why can’t I?
上帝他妈的
God damn it!
你亵渎上帝了
Well, that’s the sin of blasphemy.
来吧 举起来
Oome on! Lift the weight!
对不起 -做个男子汉
Sorry. – Be a man.
要像个男人 要像个男人
Be a man. Be a man.
赛跑选手 要一直盯着前方
(Longboat): The runner should always stare straight ahead.
往后看
Looking behind him
只是软弱的表现
is a sure sign of weakness.
你可以到我们家来一起过圣诞
You know, you can come to our house for Ohristmas.
没关系 我的表亲会来看我的
I’ll be fine. My cousins from Ohatham will be here.
你确定 -是的
Are you sure? – Absolutely.
而且我还要继续训练跑步
Besides, I have my race.
探访时间结束了
Visiting hours are over.
我妈妈的病房♥是309 我知道在哪里
My mother’s room is in 309. I know where it is.
我已经说过了 探访时间已经结束了
As I’ve already said, visiting hours are over.
但是艾丽丝护士都会让我进去的
But nurse Alice always lets me go in anyway.
我不是艾丽丝护士 探访时间结束了
I’m not nurse Alice. Visiting hours are over.
求你了 今天是平安夜
Please, it’s Ohristmas Eve.
你可以明天一早来看你妈妈
You can see your mother first thing tomorrow.
你不是在计划跑完全程吧
Don’t tell me you’re planning on running the whole race.
老家伙 我也正想问你同一个问题
I was going to ask you the same thing, Granddad,
参赛选手到起跑线 3 2 1
(announcer): Runners to the mark! Three, two, one…
悠着点 小孩 以这种速度 你连10公里都跑不上
Slow down, kid. You’ll never last 10 miles at that pace.
走着瞧
There’s only one way to find out.
那小孩是谁 -我从来没见过他
Who’s that kid? – I’ve never seen him before.
我就知道你不行
I knew you wouldn’t last.
比赛怎么样
How was the race?
我输了 -然后呢
I lost. – And?
我原本以为我会赢的
I thought I was going to win.
在马拉松比赛开始前 我只有14周时间可以训练
I’ve only got 14 good weeks of training until Boston.
14周足够了
14 weeks is a lifetime.
如果训练让你的腿感到疼痛的话
(Longboat): Especially when your legs ache from training,
那么继续训练 这样就可以得到 改善
putting in the miles is essential to self-improvement.
停下
Stop.
你一周跑多少英里
How many miles a week are you running?
60
60.
这还不够 -还不够
That’s not nearly enough. – It isn’t?
说应该充分训练
Longboat said it should be plenty.
朗布特 朗布特疯了
Longboat? Longboat went insane.
你都做些什么锻炼
What are you doing for workouts?
每次我都狠命得跑
Well, every run, I go as hard as I can,
早餐我吃生蛋
and I eat five raw eggs for breakfast.
睡觉得时候我得头都朝北
And… I always sleep with my head facing North.
这真实蠢透了
That’s complete idiocy.
告诉你 你根本不可能赢得 马拉松比赛
Tell you right now, you’re never going to win Boston.
但是你要是坚持训练得话 我来做你得教练
But if you still insist on running it, I’ll coach you.
我知道你会来帮我 -你早知道 怎么知道
I knew you’d come around. – You did? How?
从你得眼神里
I could see it in your eyes.
恩 那么 你和朗布特一样 是哥疯子
Mm-Hmm. Well then, you’re as nuts as Longboat.
我做你得教练可以 但是有个条件
I’ll coach you, only on one condition:
你保证再也不提什么奇迹
You promise never to mention anything about miracles.
我说的奇迹还是所有的奇迹 -你所谓的奇迹
Just mine or all miracles? – Yours.
对于平常的奇迹我无所谓
I have nothing against miracles in general.
“去抗争 去寻找 不屈服”
“…To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.”
我觉得坦尼森说的很有道理
I think Tennyson got it right with that one.
妈妈 你觉得呢
Don’t you, Mom?
我以前很讨厌诗歌♥
Usually, I hate poetry.
这是我们新学的英文诗歌♥
We’ve been learning this new poem in English,
我决定要把它记下来
and I’ve decided to memorize the whole thing.
就是用来打发无聊的时光 你知道的
You know, just forwhen I get bored.
拉尔夫 快点过来
Ralph, come quick!
我想我找到对你的祈祷有 帮助的东西了
I think I found something that will help you pray.
来吧 拉尔夫 摸摸它 看 我听护士们说
Go on, Ralph, touch it. Look, I heard the nurses talking.
他刚刚死去 他的家人还不知道
He just died. Even the family doesn’t know.
我的意思是 他的灵魂现在 正走向天堂
I mean, his soul could be going to Heaven… right now.
如果你能感受到的话
And if you connect with that,
或许就能摆脱你的祈祷的障碍了
that could break yourwhole prayer blockage.
闭上你的眼睛说 哈里露亚
Olose your eyes and say a “Hail Mary.”
他冰凉凉的
He’s cold!
我想我们错过了 闭上你的眼睛
I think we missed it. – Olose your eyes.
哈里露亚 充满优雅
Hail Mary, full of grace…